Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out of contract 07:18 - Dec 1 with 2873 viewsGloucs_R

Due to expire in the summer, who would you keep?

Cameron
Pugh
Scowen
Hall
Rangel
Owens

I think Shodipo signed a new contract?
BOS and Manning both have 1 year extensions we can use.

Plus we lose 5 loan players. That's potentially half the squad going.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Out of contract on 07:45 - Dec 1 with 2821 viewsPastCaringNW2

Wells from the loanees

plus

Pugh at a price
Scowen at a price
Rangel if not retiring

That's it.
Out of contract on 09:07 - Dec 1 with 2695 viewsdaveB

something to worry about in April imo, far too early to make a call on these players yet
Out of contract on 09:09 - Dec 1 with 2693 viewssmegma

Out of contract on 09:07 - Dec 1 by daveB

something to worry about in April imo, far too early to make a call on these players yet

Ditto.

Soon we'll have people moaning on here about other people's speculations.
Out of contract on 09:38 - Dec 1 with 2631 viewsenfieldargh

Out of contract on 09:09 - Dec 1 by smegma

Ditto.

Soon we'll have people moaning on here about other people's speculations.

but thats just pure speculation !

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Out of contract on 09:53 - Dec 1 with 2592 viewsLblock

Now here’s a thing....

I think Glass Hall is a fantastic player and when on song he’s a good watch either CB or DCM.
However I’m starting to think that this season he’s not putting it in and I feel that will get worse as the season goes on if, as I speculate, he knows he’ll not be offered a comparable new contract. I’d certainly not have him as Captain this season and, sadly, based on current efforts, on the new contract it’s a no from me

The only one I’d keep is Scowen.

Owens I know nothing about so can’t call that one

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Out of contract on 10:18 - Dec 1 with 2557 viewsGloucs_R

Out of contract on 09:07 - Dec 1 by daveB

I disagree... If I were in charge of the squad I'd have an idea of who has the legs to carry on next season.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Out of contract on 11:34 - Dec 1 with 2418 viewsed_83

It's pretty obvious that we're looking to bring in new signings at centre back and defensive midfield - if that happens then Hall, Scowen and Cameron slip down the pecking order. I'd keep them as squad players, in that order of preference, but it depends entirely on who else we sign, how much we can afford to pay them, whether they're happy being on the bench most weeks, and so on.

Rangel has been solid ever since he came here, but we must surely be looking for a more long-term option at right back? I'd keep him on as cover / see if he wants to move towards coaching, but would be worried about going into next season with him as a regular member of the first team.

Might be in the minority here but I'd offer Pugh another year, finances permitting: I don't think we've seen the best of him yet, but yesterday showed what a smart, tidy player he is. Think he offers something different to our other attackers and can help players like Eze and Chair develop.

Of the loans, Wells' contract at Burnley is up in the summer, I think? I'm sure we're looking at signing him on a perm, which would be a no-brainer for everyone given how happy he seems here. Would be lovely to keep hold of Hugill as well, and again he seems really settled here, but I suspect that might be more of a stretch. None of the others have made much of an impression, and imagine all of them would be beyond our budget anyway.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 11:34]
Out of contract on 12:12 - Dec 1 with 2356 viewsfrancisbowles

Out of contract on 10:18 - Dec 1 by Gloucs_R

I disagree... If I were in charge of the squad I'd have an idea of who has the legs to carry on next season.

MW in charge of squad may have an idea but none of us can possibly know, especially on the limited amount of game time we have see from Pugh etc.

Also, older players 'legs can go' and it can happen reasonably quickly. So they will look at it in January and see if any will be a definite no and do they need replacing and then constantly monitor the others as the season progresses.
Login to get fewer ads

Out of contract on 12:24 - Dec 1 with 2335 viewsozexile

Bos and Manning the rest can go, Shodipo ? We've been waiting 4 years for him to put a run of games together. Let some other team pay and wait.
Out of contract on 12:26 - Dec 1 with 2330 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I don’t think it’s up to us.

Finances and the market will dictate.
Out of contract on 15:15 - Dec 1 with 2134 viewsWestbourneR

Sorry wrong thread.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 15:17]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Out of contract on 15:19 - Dec 1 with 2120 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Out of contract on 10:18 - Dec 1 by Gloucs_R

Quite right Sir!!

This is exactly what any half decent set-up does. I believe it’s called planning.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Out of contract on 15:33 - Dec 1 with 2098 viewsmcqpr10

I would only keep Scowen out of that list, and even if he were to go I wouldn't been too bothered. In his early career with us thought he was class but not really hit the same heights. Rangel and Cameron clearly good pros but will be 38/35. I looked at brentfords lively team running rings around them and thought there legs have gone. Like Pugh but he stops the chances Bo's and chair should be getting.
Out of contract on 17:45 - Dec 1 with 1978 viewsizlingtonhoop

Barney McGrew
Out of contract on 01:36 - Dec 2 with 1739 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I don't know enough about Owens so I'll comment on the rest of the list. Assuming that Warburton is still in charge, I'm not convinced I'd keep any of the permanent players as they are either too leggy or struggle with MW's tactics.

As for the loan players, only Wells and possibly Hugill merit an offer. Ultimately I think it'll depend on the ambition of the board and whether the club can attract better replacements. If so, then I'd only consider re-signing Hall and Scowen if they are prepared to accept lower wages as they'd essentially become bit-part players.

Whatever happens MW needs to recruit players that suit his style as next season he will be judged on his squad.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 12:55]
Out of contract on 02:13 - Dec 2 with 1729 viewsFredManRave

Keep Scowen, if for no other reason than the Hunter vs Wombat debate potential.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Out of contract on 22:34 - Dec 2 with 1502 viewsThe_Seer

Get rid.

Cameron - past his best
Pugh - past his best
Scowen - league 1 player
Hall - sick note
Rangel - past his best
Out of contract on 10:17 - Dec 3 with 1401 viewsfrancisbowles

Out of contract on 22:34 - Dec 2 by The_Seer

Get rid.

Cameron - past his best
Pugh - past his best
Scowen - league 1 player
Hall - sick note
Rangel - past his best

All of whom were on the pitch on Saturday and played a part in a good performance and well deserved away point.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 10:17]
Out of contract on 16:22 - Dec 3 with 1280 viewsderbyhoop

I can't see Cameron lasting another season. I've seen tortoises that ae quicker and he is getting found out.
Rangel maybe the same, but keeps himself fit and certainly has something to offer as a squad player.
Hall - keep
Pugh - think there is more to come, if he gets a run in the team
Scowen - depends what we could get as a replacement. Ball is ahead of him but we need more than 1 DM
Owens - no impact at Barnet. Not going to be good enough.
BOS, Manning and Sholdipo all still young enough to have value.

Of the loanees, I'd want to keep 1 of the strikers but we may need to choose between Wells and Hugill, based on wages.
If Amos gets FULLY fit, I think he could be very important 2nd half of season.
Niot seen enough of Mlakar and Smith to make a call.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Out of contract on 09:47 - Dec 4 with 1159 viewsCamberleyR

Out of contract on 16:22 - Dec 3 by derbyhoop

I can't see Cameron lasting another season. I've seen tortoises that ae quicker and he is getting found out.
Rangel maybe the same, but keeps himself fit and certainly has something to offer as a squad player.
Hall - keep
Pugh - think there is more to come, if he gets a run in the team
Scowen - depends what we could get as a replacement. Ball is ahead of him but we need more than 1 DM
Owens - no impact at Barnet. Not going to be good enough.
BOS, Manning and Sholdipo all still young enough to have value.

Of the loanees, I'd want to keep 1 of the strikers but we may need to choose between Wells and Hugill, based on wages.
If Amos gets FULLY fit, I think he could be very important 2nd half of season.
Niot seen enough of Mlakar and Smith to make a call.

It's Charlie Rowan who's on loan at Barnet. Owens made the bench a few times earlier in the season and started in the League Cup game against Portsmouth but I think has been injured recently.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Out of contract on 10:05 - Dec 4 with 1130 viewsbosh67

Out of contract on 09:47 - Dec 4 by CamberleyR

It's Charlie Rowan who's on loan at Barnet. Owens made the bench a few times earlier in the season and started in the League Cup game against Portsmouth but I think has been injured recently.

I just have a vision of Derby standing on the terrace at Barnet shouting 'You're sh*t Owens!' every time Rowan runs past.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Out of contract on 05:07 - Dec 5 with 1003 viewsMatch82

Out of contract on 09:47 - Dec 4 by CamberleyR

To be fair he did say Owens has had no impact at Barnet. He's right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024