Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amazon Prime 20:57 - Dec 3 with 9249 viewsmarkrtid

I was thinking of ending my hardly used account after Christmas but they seem to be upping the ante regarding live football games.
Not too bothered about tonights games. (Thats why I'm typing this.) Tomorrows choice looks good though.
More of an open market which can only make things interesting in the future?
Amazon Prime on 14:52 - Dec 4 with 2336 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Amazon Prime on 12:40 - Dec 4 by smegma

No one forces you to subscribe .

Ive never subscribed to any sports channel , I'd rather be at a game than sit in doors watching a team I don't support.

I recently subscribed to Spotify. I don’t use it that much but I do like it and think it’s fairly decent value at £10 a month.

Other than that I don’t subscribe to anything. I went around a friends house last night who subscribes to loads of things to watch a film. We couldn’t find much so ended up watching Rocketman which cost her an extra £5.99 for a 7 day rental! Wtf?

I’m pretty old school. If I want to watch a film I go to the cinema. If QPR are playing and I’m not working I go to watch them. I go out to gigs sometimes and watch live music down the pub. Catch the odd half of football matches down the pub. Go walking/cycling. Play the piano. Plenty of content on iPlayer etc if i’ve got time. We’re so lucky in London, so much to do, i’d rather be out and about. I guess if I had a family/kids it might be different but I haven’t gone down that road yet so rather keep things simple.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 14:56]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Amazon Prime on 16:40 - Dec 4 with 2281 viewsrobith

If anyone does have Amazon Prime though, it does have The Americans which I've just finished watching and was instantly one of my favourite TV shows of all time
Amazon Prime on 16:55 - Dec 4 with 2266 viewsfrancisbowles

Amazon Prime on 16:40 - Dec 4 by robith

If anyone does have Amazon Prime though, it does have The Americans which I've just finished watching and was instantly one of my favourite TV shows of all time

How many series does it have Robith?
Amazon Prime on 16:58 - Dec 4 with 2245 viewspaulparker

Amazon Prime on 13:36 - Dec 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Beglin!

The absolute pits. The worst I have ever had the misfortune to listen to. Himself and Ronnie Whelan split the co-comms duty on RTE for Ireland matches and my heart sinks when I hear that drawl, that godawgul mashup of Dubbalin and Scouse, that mangling of the vowels and worst, worst, worst of all his pompous bollix about "Whan Oi plaoyed for Leave-er-pugh-l".....

When you played for Liverpool you were crap, mate. And you've got better with every day since you retired.

Can we also add John O’Shea to the bad EIRE commentators

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Amazon Prime on 17:30 - Dec 4 with 2223 viewshubble

I'm new school. i just find a stream of whatever it is I want to watch. Football streams often very good these days, with only occasional glitches, sometimes none at all. Pretty much anything you might want to watch is out there for free if you can be arsed searching for it. Of course it is more hassle than simply having all the subscriptions, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper...
Amazon Prime on 17:54 - Dec 4 with 2208 viewsHayesender

If you want a good laugh/cry/reminese, the four year plan is still on prime

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Amazon Prime on 19:57 - Dec 4 with 2169 viewsrobith

Amazon Prime on 16:55 - Dec 4 by francisbowles

How many series does it have Robith?

6, 13 episodes in most, 10 in the last. It gets better and better and the finale is one of the best episodes of TV ever made
Amazon Prime on 22:04 - Dec 4 with 2052 viewsthame_hoops

Amazon Prime on 14:04 - Dec 4 by Antti_Heinola

have you watched series 3 of Goliath mate?
I thought series 1 was great, series 2 was, er, confusing and weird and all over the place. Apparently BBT was an absolute nightmare and the whole thing was a mess, so I assumed it wouldn't be back. But it is. not sure i'll watch - S2 was just odd.

S1 was excellent wasn’t it, s2 was going well but last few episodes were odd! I watched one episode of s3 and stopped!
Login to get fewer ads

Amazon Prime on 22:13 - Dec 4 with 2046 viewsToast_R

Everton, awful. I've seen them a few times this season and they always look clueless. Panic Button must now be glowing.
Amazon Prime on 23:10 - Dec 4 with 2004 viewsA40Bosh

Tried to watch last night as to Uni age daughters get Prime for half nothing.
Turns out my 3yr old Smart Tv isn’t smart enough to display UHD so could not watch through Virgin Media TiVo box link.

Tonight got signed in to Prime on my iPhone and used ChromeCast to stream it to tv.
Every 5 minutes cut out and had to restart from the app.

Just ended up raging.

Come Jan I am going to ditch the whole lot and read a book instead.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Amazon Prime on 23:18 - Dec 4 with 1991 viewsToast_R

Amazon Prime on 23:10 - Dec 4 by A40Bosh

Tried to watch last night as to Uni age daughters get Prime for half nothing.
Turns out my 3yr old Smart Tv isn’t smart enough to display UHD so could not watch through Virgin Media TiVo box link.

Tonight got signed in to Prime on my iPhone and used ChromeCast to stream it to tv.
Every 5 minutes cut out and had to restart from the app.

Just ended up raging.

Come Jan I am going to ditch the whole lot and read a book instead.

Huh? Could you not select a lower res 1080p for standard HD?
Mine streamed through a PS4 was faultless. Better quality pic than my Sky HD box gives.

Chromecasts are shit mate dont waste your time.
Amazon Prime on 00:45 - Dec 5 with 1980 viewshubble

The feed I found for the Man U v Spurs game (I wanted to watch Mourniho's return) was from NBC sport and featured Lee Dixon and Arlo White as co-commentators. It was crystal clear and I really enjoyed the wry humour and insight of their commentary, made a nice change from the usual suspects. They followed the game with the second half at Anfield, after showing the first half highlights. Wow. Mane must be the most red hot player on the planet right now and Liverpool the finest attacking team. Incredible goals with amazing assists. Felt a bit sorry for Marco Silva, like a lamb to the slaughter.
Amazon Prime on 09:20 - Dec 5 with 1889 viewsfrancisbowles

Amazon Prime on 19:57 - Dec 4 by robith

6, 13 episodes in most, 10 in the last. It gets better and better and the finale is one of the best episodes of TV ever made

Thanks Robith. We watched the first two or three series when they were first shown on Channel Four and really enjoyed them. I might have to take up a new trial and try and catch up.
Amazon Prime on 09:24 - Dec 5 with 1885 viewsAddinall

Amazon Prime on 08:44 - Dec 4 by runningman75

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/dec/03/amazon-prime-video-tv-foot

Thanks for this. Watched last night with commentary switched off. Wonderful.
Amazon Prime on 11:16 - Dec 5 with 1805 viewsTimNiceBut

I tried watching Manure and then later The Toffees, both were a waste of time. It just kept buffering for ages, when you did get a bit of action it kept going from reasonable definition to a pixellated mess. Gave up in the end. Don't have that issue with Prime Video normally, NetFlix or any other streaming service.

Tim Nice But .... Less Than Impressed

Tim Nice But ...

Amazon Prime on 11:28 - Dec 5 with 1790 viewsJuzzie

I had no problem watching last night and the ability to turn off the commentary was a joy.
Amazon Prime on 11:36 - Dec 5 with 1776 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Amazon Prime on 19:57 - Dec 4 by robith

What is it about?
Amazon Prime on 11:55 - Dec 5 with 1748 viewsJuzzie

Amazon Prime on 11:36 - Dec 5 by CroydonCaptJack

What is it about?

"The Americans is a period drama about the complex marriage of two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington D.C. shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected President."

Having just finished The Man In the High Castle I may start on this one now.
Amazon Prime on 12:01 - Dec 5 with 1737 viewsStevenageRanger

I feel there is going to be a massive shake up in subscription fees (mainly Sky and BT) with the New kids on the block coming in.

I have subscribed to Sky Sports for 20 odd years, in the last 5-6 years you can always get a deal with them when contract is up and it becomes a bigger discount year on year. Just last week you could get 50% off the full package, they would have never done that a few years back. Sky know they are expensive with what they have to offer compared to Netflix and are changing (you just need to ask)

I also have there mobile service and it is really good value. 8GB data/Unlimited Call/Texts for £7.50 per mont. Any data not used rolls over into a piggy back to use when you want and data can be shared between other family members on Sky Mobile.
Amazon Prime on 12:37 - Dec 5 with 1705 viewsrobith

Amazon Prime on 11:36 - Dec 5 by CroydonCaptJack

What is it about?

Precis in the post before, but basically it's about a couple who our Soviet deep cover agents who've been in America for 20 years but an FBI agent moves in next door. And essentially how they balance their family life, carrying out spy missions while their next door neighbour tries to hunt them down.

Based on true stories too, though recontextualised in the cold war for the show

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegals_Program
Amazon Prime on 13:42 - Dec 5 with 1656 viewsR_from_afar

Amazon Prime on 13:36 - Dec 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Beglin!

The absolute pits. The worst I have ever had the misfortune to listen to. Himself and Ronnie Whelan split the co-comms duty on RTE for Ireland matches and my heart sinks when I hear that drawl, that godawgul mashup of Dubbalin and Scouse, that mangling of the vowels and worst, worst, worst of all his pompous bollix about "Whan Oi plaoyed for Leave-er-pugh-l".....

When you played for Liverpool you were crap, mate. And you've got better with every day since you retired.

He's a moaning old goat! His relentless whining is depressing and his smug suggestions as to what the players should have done are usually completely unrealistic. Bah.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Amazon Prime on 14:08 - Dec 5 with 1634 viewsstevec

Amazon Prime on 17:30 - Dec 4 by hubble

I'm new school. i just find a stream of whatever it is I want to watch. Football streams often very good these days, with only occasional glitches, sometimes none at all. Pretty much anything you might want to watch is out there for free if you can be arsed searching for it. Of course it is more hassle than simply having all the subscriptions, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper...

Does anyone issue a 'streams TV guide', if not they should do.

Seems my sons generation do pretty much what you do, think it's us old technophobes who struggle to grasp how and where to access streams and end up paying through the nose for subscriptions.

Also, what's the picture quality like? And can you view it straight to your TV or have to watch on a tiny portable screen?

Was at my sons flat share a couple of years ago and watched a game via a stream but the picture quality was like something from the 1940's. Is that the 'price' you pay for streaming.

Sorry for all the questions, genuinely interested in the access and quality issues, if they still exist.
Amazon Prime on 15:05 - Dec 5 with 1589 viewsSimonJames

Amazon Prime on 08:50 - Dec 4 by Metallica_Hoop

'The Expanse' is back on the 13th for the first time on Amazon.

It looks rather splendid.

My memership is worth it just for this and I'm enjoying the finale of 'The man in the High Castle' Vikings is back too.

What's not to like.

Expanse, High Castle, Vikings.. all great.

I also enjoyed Mr Robot,
and the first 4 season of Killjoys... but you have to pay separately for season 5.

But perhaps my favourite is Preacher.. particularly where the opening two scenes of Season 4 Episode 3 took things to a whole new level of eye-watering WTF!

100% of people who drink water will die.

Amazon Prime on 17:36 - Dec 5 with 1526 viewshubble

Amazon Prime on 14:08 - Dec 5 by stevec

Does anyone issue a 'streams TV guide', if not they should do.

Seems my sons generation do pretty much what you do, think it's us old technophobes who struggle to grasp how and where to access streams and end up paying through the nose for subscriptions.

Also, what's the picture quality like? And can you view it straight to your TV or have to watch on a tiny portable screen?

Was at my sons flat share a couple of years ago and watched a game via a stream but the picture quality was like something from the 1940's. Is that the 'price' you pay for streaming.

Sorry for all the questions, genuinely interested in the access and quality issues, if they still exist.

As I said above Steve, the stream I had for the Man U v Spuds game was excellent - crystal clear, no glitches or buffering. I'm loathe to spread the source of my footy feeds - I know, very curmudgeonly! - because the more that use it, the more chance it gets shut down, but just for you, it's footybite.com... Sometimes you have to try a few streams before you get one that works (internet streams are below the top list of streams under any particular match). Also I use the Brave browser which automatically filters out ads and trackers and so on.

As for films and TV series, it can take a bit of googling to find a good place to watch, but I'd say I get to watch 9/10 things I search for. There are also sites that allow you to download anything TV/Film whatever, and I was able to watch the final series of Animal Kingdom that way, which was fantastic because you couldn't get it in the UK.
Amazon Prime on 10:48 - Dec 6 with 1407 viewsjohnhoop

Started a month’s free trial of Amazon Prime principally to watch series 5 and 6 of Spiral before watching the seventh one on BBC4. We’d watched the Americans on ITV when it was first on but they buried it so late with such irregular slots that we only got up to series 5 of it recently, through Netflix possibly. So it was a treat to watch the final and probably best series (6) on Amazon Prime. I would heartily endorse Robith’s sentiments that it’s one of the best TV series ever made and so much better than most cinema films these days.
The other massive treat on Amazon Prime for me has been The Bureau, a French espionage series about the DGSE, their external security service. Again I would rate it as one of the best things I’ve ever seen on TV. It’s the same territory as Spooks but with the subtlety of Le Carre and isn’t afraid to deal with contemporary issues like the Isis conflict and Russian hacking.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024