Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AJ v Ruiz 13:13 - Dec 4 with 8539 viewssupahoopsa

So who's your money on?

Being a Brit, I am really hoping AJ wins.
I'm no boxing expert, but I have watch enough to believe that AJ SHOULD be able to win. I think he needs to take the centre of the ring and use a very fast and really hard jab to keep Ruiz off balance. Tire Ruiz out and only then start looking for the big right hand.

Guess we'll need to see what happens the first time Ruiz lands a clean shot

Meant to give my prediction - AJ with a stoppage win 5th round
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 13:22]

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

AJ v Ruiz on 13:30 - Dec 4 with 4682 viewsCaptainPugwash

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
There be scare stories regardin' AJ be badly injerred in sparrin'....but then the counter proppergander be AJ be sendin' sparrin' pardners to orspital.
Ruiz looks in better shape this'n time round - I calls it right furst time and I'm goin for Ruiz agin.AJ damijed goods - loik laast toime.

Yo Ho!
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 13:30]
AJ v Ruiz on 13:41 - Dec 4 with 4661 viewsAntti_Heinola

i still don't understand why so many boxing matches on sky are ppv. What's our fkn subscription for?

Bare bones.

AJ v Ruiz on 14:36 - Dec 4 with 4608 viewsWokingR

I can see Ruiz winning again as AJ really had no idea how to cope with him last time
AJ v Ruiz on 14:42 - Dec 4 with 4594 viewsWatford_Ranger

AJ v Ruiz on 13:41 - Dec 4 by Antti_Heinola

i still don't understand why so many boxing matches on sky are ppv. What's our fkn subscription for?

I’m abroad this weekend so will be finding somewhere in Helsinki to watch (any Helsinki recommendations appreciated). Believe they’ve made it a staggering £25 for this.
AJ v Ruiz on 14:48 - Dec 4 with 4585 viewsToast_R

Yes £25 quid absolute arseholes.... as usual I moan but then pay for it. It it makes it any more palatable there are a couple of very decent undercard fights too, Povetkin in one and Dillion Whyte in another.

I'm going for a sensible AJ victory in the sixth round where he'll get back to basics, keep his distance and use his jab. Ruiz I has quick hands but I feel his stamina in the Desert might be an issue. This is basically do or die for AJ, he loses again and his career and legacy is never going to recover.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 14:51]
AJ v Ruiz on 15:16 - Dec 4 with 4560 viewsMick_S

Not getting my £25.00. No chance.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

AJ v Ruiz on 15:18 - Dec 4 with 4550 viewsdaveB

should be a good fight, hope AJ wins but don't think he will
AJ v Ruiz on 15:23 - Dec 4 with 4532 viewsMick_S

AJ v Ruiz on 15:18 - Dec 4 by daveB

should be a good fight, hope AJ wins but don't think he will

He looks troubled to me.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

AJ v Ruiz on 15:27 - Dec 4 with 4521 viewsbosh67

Ruiz is the best inside fighter in my opinion since Tyson. If AJ gets caught again inside he'll go down. AJ has to really keep him at arms length to be able to win it. If he loses concentration Ruiz will floor him again.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

AJ v Ruiz on 15:58 - Dec 4 with 4476 viewsBoston

AJ v Ruiz on 14:48 - Dec 4 by Toast_R

Yes £25 quid absolute arseholes.... as usual I moan but then pay for it. It it makes it any more palatable there are a couple of very decent undercard fights too, Povetkin in one and Dillion Whyte in another.

I'm going for a sensible AJ victory in the sixth round where he'll get back to basics, keep his distance and use his jab. Ruiz I has quick hands but I feel his stamina in the Desert might be an issue. This is basically do or die for AJ, he loses again and his career and legacy is never going to recover.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 14:51]

Temps shouldn’t be an issue at this time of year.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

AJ v Ruiz on 16:01 - Dec 4 with 4470 viewspaulparker

AJ is a homeless mans frank bruno, 25/30 years ago he wouldn’t be near the top ten heavy weights
I’m going for and cheering Ruiz so he shuts up this steroid hype machine once and for all

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

AJ v Ruiz on 19:45 - Dec 4 with 4377 viewsCaptainPugwash

AJ v Ruiz on 16:01 - Dec 4 by paulparker

AJ is a homeless mans frank bruno, 25/30 years ago he wouldn’t be near the top ten heavy weights
I’m going for and cheering Ruiz so he shuts up this steroid hype machine once and for all

Arrrrrrr...
He be a male model maskeradin' as a fighter.Aint got the nuts fer a scrap.
Dillian Whyte be a better prospect if'n he can deck Wilder early.
AJ v Ruiz on 23:21 - Dec 4 with 4256 viewstimcocking

Please God AJ is back to his best, that last fight was a nightmare. Unfortunately, he looked so average in that last one that i still have bad vibes about this.
AJ v Ruiz on 08:02 - Dec 5 with 4187 viewsRs_Holy

this makes my blood boil!!! ... I can just about accept that the really, really big fights will be on PPV. But as you say just about every fight goes on PPV these days.
Chisora v Price on PPV was a total joke... they were fighting for the 'WBO Inter-Continental heavyweight title'.... FFS!
Heart says AJ... head says Ruiz :(
AJ v Ruiz on 19:13 - Dec 5 with 4002 viewsBlackCrowe

I was planning on watching and then i read this thread. £25??????? sweet jesus

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

AJ v Ruiz on 19:45 - Dec 5 with 3967 views100percent

I'm going for AJ in the 4th.
AJ was complacent and unprepared in the last fight. He won't approach this fight in the same manner. I think he will be careful but ruthless. I don't think Ruiz will be able to repeat his last performance, although by the sounds of things, he's had a strong training camp.

AJ's success is great for british boxing. he's paving the way for a lot of young fighters coming up through the ranks. My tip for the future - Buatsi - great prospect....
AJ v Ruiz on 08:13 - Dec 6 with 3844 viewsmikeygunn

For those that don't want to pay, Radio 5 has coverage from 8pm. Mike Costello is the absolute best in the business. Will nearly be as good as watching it. Highly recommend the 5 live boxing podcast for those like that kind of thing.
AJ v Ruiz on 08:19 - Dec 6 with 3843 viewsDorse

I think that if they have to resort to violence they're both losers.

(This joke was brought to you by the Woke Association of Great Britain. For more information log onto our solar powered, organic, vegan website)

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

AJ v Ruiz on 09:02 - Dec 6 with 3815 viewsstevec

AJ v Ruiz on 08:19 - Dec 6 by Dorse

I think that if they have to resort to violence they're both losers.

(This joke was brought to you by the Woke Association of Great Britain. For more information log onto our solar powered, organic, vegan website)

I’m still waiting for the fight where they both swing, connect at the same time and counted out simultaneously.

Think AJ will win this. He got caught by a sucker punch in the 3rd round last time and could barely throw anything or defend himself after that.
AJ v Ruiz on 10:21 - Dec 6 with 3789 viewsCaptainPugwash

Rumours abound 'e gats dumped on his ars agin like what 'appened before...
https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/03/anthony-joshua-knocked-sparring-shock-andy-ruiz-j
AJ v Ruiz on 10:26 - Dec 6 with 3784 viewsdaveB

AJ v Ruiz on 10:21 - Dec 6 by CaptainPugwash

Rumours abound 'e gats dumped on his ars agin like what 'appened before...
https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/03/anthony-joshua-knocked-sparring-shock-andy-ruiz-j

This comes out before every AJ fight and is normally bollox.
AJ v Ruiz on 10:32 - Dec 6 with 3780 viewsPhildo

If he stays behind his jab and does not chase a KO AJ should win IMO
AJ v Ruiz on 12:47 - Dec 6 with 3693 viewsLythamR

AJ v Ruiz on 16:01 - Dec 4 by paulparker

if its a honest fight i think the 3/1 on Ruiz inside the distance looks pretty good but I am afraid I no longer believe Boxing at this level is completely honest

Also I think that staging the fight in the Emirates absolutely stinks and Joshua's protestations about the venue/reasons for the venue are laughable
AJ v Ruiz on 13:52 - Dec 6 with 3646 viewsTheChef

Depends on the current betting spreads, and who the organised crime groups need to win.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

AJ v Ruiz on 13:59 - Dec 6 with 3637 viewsbosh67

Joshua weighs in at 16st 13lb - 10lb lighter than last time
Ruiz scales 20st 2lb - 15lb heavier than before

Ruiz had shed about 60lb between the fights from his first weight. He was 16 stone a few months ago and almost unrecognisable. Obviously the ploy is that he simply bulks out for these fights and at 20 stone 2lb one of the ploys may be that he is too big for AJ to even be able to get in the ring?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024