Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Justback. 18:31 - Dec 7 with 2468 viewsPinnerPaul

Easy this football lark.

Keep it simple - 4 x 8/10s and the rest all solids 7s and you'll win more than you lose in this div.

BFG, Pugh (my MOTM), BOS and Eze the 8s for me - everyone else good solid performances and no silly errors

Easy peasey!

Ref OK - got some the calls on Hughill wrong I think, red card for pen? - probably just about say it was an attempt for the ball so that's a yellow.

Big no no for me and its a law thing - offside against BOS in the first half -fk should have been taken where he touched the ball (20 yards in our half) not back in the PNE half.

Still its not about the ref tonight!

Uuuurrrrrrrrsssssssssssssssss
Justback. on 19:31 - Dec 7 with 2224 viewsstevec

Warnock like defending today which is what’s needed as we have the midfield and forward attacking options with or without the passing game.
Justback. on 20:28 - Dec 7 with 2010 viewsstowmarketrange

See the difference when we play 2 up front at home against teams that are struggling for form.
Justback. on 00:04 - Dec 8 with 1657 viewsLazyFan

I suspect the players were asked what they wanted to change and said they did not want to pass it out from the back anymore.

This meant that Lums had to kick it, which in turn means Hugill starts as he is the only one who can head it on.

We shall be able to tell if this was the case if they continue to boot it out in the next game. When Evil Les played in that great team, even we would kick it out back then. No shame in playing to one's strengths as long as it does not end up all Pulis or Boring Sam type football.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Justback. on 07:08 - Dec 8 with 1426 viewsjonno

Justback. on 00:04 - Dec 8 by LazyFan

I suspect the players were asked what they wanted to change and said they did not want to pass it out from the back anymore.

This meant that Lums had to kick it, which in turn means Hugill starts as he is the only one who can head it on.

We shall be able to tell if this was the case if they continue to boot it out in the next game. When Evil Les played in that great team, even we would kick it out back then. No shame in playing to one's strengths as long as it does not end up all Pulis or Boring Sam type football.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

We've definitely started to play a bit more of a pragmatic, less open style of game starting last week at Derby. Bringing in more experience such as Pugh has helped towards that, and as you say having Hugill up front means we can go long if we need to. As we have seen, other sides have worked out that pressing us quickly high up the pitch was the way to play against us to prevent us playing the ball out from the back and through midfield, and Preston tried exactly that. But once we have the option of knocking it long, that approach doesn't work so well against us. Doesn't mean we won't try to keep playing football but you need another option when that isn't working. We needed to change because we were in danger of sliding down the table too far, too quickly but I was always confident that MW would make the changes necessary - not something I could say about some of our previous managers. It's going to make playing against us that bit more difficult for other sides now.
Justback. on 10:10 - Dec 8 with 1146 viewsLazyFan

Justback. on 07:08 - Dec 8 by jonno

We've definitely started to play a bit more of a pragmatic, less open style of game starting last week at Derby. Bringing in more experience such as Pugh has helped towards that, and as you say having Hugill up front means we can go long if we need to. As we have seen, other sides have worked out that pressing us quickly high up the pitch was the way to play against us to prevent us playing the ball out from the back and through midfield, and Preston tried exactly that. But once we have the option of knocking it long, that approach doesn't work so well against us. Doesn't mean we won't try to keep playing football but you need another option when that isn't working. We needed to change because we were in danger of sliding down the table too far, too quickly but I was always confident that MW would make the changes necessary - not something I could say about some of our previous managers. It's going to make playing against us that bit more difficult for other sides now.

This is exactly what we did in the '90s.
We booted it long against Wimbledon and they didn't like their own medicine, which is why we were the crazy gangs' bogey team. They couldn't bully us as we had Macca for any nastiness. We have BFG and Hall doing the rough stuff now.

Then against other teams, like Palace, we would play it around and so on. We mixed it up back then and it kept the oppo guessing and also allowed us to adapt when we need to.

This is the way you need to play if you want to win a League or survive a relegation battle.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Justback. on 12:38 - Dec 8 with 995 viewsderbyhoop

Being able to mix up play is clearly an advantage.
Experience of Cameron and Pugh makes us more pragmatic.
We dont have to play 2 up front but if we only play 1 it has to be Hugill over Wells.

I want us to play good, attacking football but we have to earn that right.
You cannot leave yourselves so open that a single mistake costs us goals and games.

Also worth remembering that, in November, we played Leeds, Fulham and Derby away.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Justback. on 12:51 - Dec 8 with 961 viewsGroveR

Justback. on 10:10 - Dec 8 by LazyFan

This is exactly what we did in the '90s.
We booted it long against Wimbledon and they didn't like their own medicine, which is why we were the crazy gangs' bogey team. They couldn't bully us as we had Macca for any nastiness. We have BFG and Hall doing the rough stuff now.

Then against other teams, like Palace, we would play it around and so on. We mixed it up back then and it kept the oppo guessing and also allowed us to adapt when we need to.

This is the way you need to play if you want to win a League or survive a relegation battle.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A Sir Les brace apart I can't recall us doing particularly well against Wimbledon. Last game we played against them was a 5-0 defeat although in mitigation we played Ready and Plumms at the back.
Justback. on 13:24 - Dec 8 with 905 viewsstowmarketrange

Justback. on 12:51 - Dec 8 by GroveR

A Sir Les brace apart I can't recall us doing particularly well against Wimbledon. Last game we played against them was a 5-0 defeat although in mitigation we played Ready and Plumms at the back.

We won 5 out of the first 8 games with 2 draws,but lost most of the last 10 against them.
10 wins each and 5 draws.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024