Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Red cards 18:59 - Dec 7 with 2326 viewsE17hoop

Can anyone explain why the PNE keeper wasn't sent off? It was a clear goalscoring opportunity and he brought Pugh down, hence the penalty.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Red cards on 19:01 - Dec 7 with 2307 viewsloftboy

I thought it was changed as the awarding of a penalty hasn’t taken away the opportunity. Only dangerous fouls that stop the goal is a red.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Red cards on 19:22 - Dec 7 with 2224 viewsQPR_John

Red cards on 19:01 - Dec 7 by loftboy

I thought it was changed as the awarding of a penalty hasn’t taken away the opportunity. Only dangerous fouls that stop the goal is a red.

I though a red card will be not be given if the referee regards the foul has a genuine attempt to play the ball. But you may be right as it sounds a typical stupid ill thought out law. How can a penalty be a better opportunity to score than that stopped by the keeper
[Post edited 7 Dec 2019 19:23]
Red cards on 20:23 - Dec 7 with 2064 viewsMatch82

Red cards on 19:22 - Dec 7 by QPR_John

I though a red card will be not be given if the referee regards the foul has a genuine attempt to play the ball. But you may be right as it sounds a typical stupid ill thought out law. How can a penalty be a better opportunity to score than that stopped by the keeper

I don't think anybody thinks it's a better opportunity. But the rule used to be "preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity". And if a penalty is awarded then the argument is that the penalty is that "clear goalscoring opportunity", so the player can't be sent off for preventing it. Whereas for instance if they commit the foul outside the box with the player through on goal, the team only gets a free kick. In that case, they HAVE prevented the clear goalscoring opportunity.

That's my reading of it anyway.
Red cards on 20:25 - Dec 7 with 2056 viewsBoston

Ref gave 'em a break, they'd used all three subs already.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Red cards on 08:57 - Dec 8 with 1736 viewsPinnerPaul

Red cards on 19:22 - Dec 7 by QPR_John

Correct John, if its an attempt for the ball then no red card - that change came in last season I think.

Not sure what the chat with the AR was about. Haven't seen it back yet but live I thought it could be one of 3 things

1) Was it an attempt for the ball?
2) Was it a pen?
3) Offside? Pugh might have been in an offside position but think the ball came from a PNE player - so AR might have been asking about that
Red cards on 09:44 - Dec 8 with 1648 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Red cards on 20:23 - Dec 7 by Match82

I don't think anybody thinks it's a better opportunity. But the rule used to be "preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity". And if a penalty is awarded then the argument is that the penalty is that "clear goalscoring opportunity", so the player can't be sent off for preventing it. Whereas for instance if they commit the foul outside the box with the player through on goal, the team only gets a free kick. In that case, they HAVE prevented the clear goalscoring opportunity.

That's my reading of it anyway.

Can't see that being the reason to be honest. If it was, then nobody would be sent off for stopping a clear goalscoring opportunity inside the box. And we all know that they do. Someone else has mentioned about the tackle being a genuine attempt at winning the ball. Although how you determine that, I don't know. Surely most tackles inside the box are genuine attempts at winning the ball. Yet players get sent off. We have had a few this year ourselves.
Red cards on 10:18 - Dec 8 with 1595 viewsPinnerPaul

Red cards on 09:44 - Dec 8 by dodge_stoke_r

Can't see that being the reason to be honest. If it was, then nobody would be sent off for stopping a clear goalscoring opportunity inside the box. And we all know that they do. Someone else has mentioned about the tackle being a genuine attempt at winning the ball. Although how you determine that, I don't know. Surely most tackles inside the box are genuine attempts at winning the ball. Yet players get sent off. We have had a few this year ourselves.

That IS the law. Holding, pushing, tripping, handball, serious foul play are all ways of stopping a goal or goal scoring opportunity inside the penalty area and would all be red card offences.

Wallace red card was for a foul outside the penalty area & none of Barbet's penalties have resulted in a red card I don't think.
Red cards on 10:56 - Dec 8 with 1521 viewssmegma

Red cards on 10:18 - Dec 8 by PinnerPaul

That IS the law. Holding, pushing, tripping, handball, serious foul play are all ways of stopping a goal or goal scoring opportunity inside the penalty area and would all be red card offences.

Wallace red card was for a foul outside the penalty area & none of Barbet's penalties have resulted in a red card I don't think.

Handball in the penalty should be a red card unless you're QPR.
Login to get fewer ads

Red cards on 12:14 - Dec 8 with 1405 viewsnix

Red cards on 08:57 - Dec 8 by PinnerPaul

Correct John, if its an attempt for the ball then no red card - that change came in last season I think.

Not sure what the chat with the AR was about. Haven't seen it back yet but live I thought it could be one of 3 things

1) Was it an attempt for the ball?
2) Was it a pen?
3) Offside? Pugh might have been in an offside position but think the ball came from a PNE player - so AR might have been asking about that

Don’t know how true this is but their manager said it was because the ref wasn’t sure and the linesman didn’t see it. He was whinging obvs as to how it could be given. I thought it was one of the more obvious decisions ever from my angle!

I thought the crowd did well yesterday. They kept on ref’s back for not giving a free kick for obvious fouls on Hughill. He finally caved into the pressure and he got two in the second half.
Red cards on 12:25 - Dec 8 with 1387 viewsPinnerPaul

Red cards on 12:14 - Dec 8 by nix

Don’t know how true this is but their manager said it was because the ref wasn’t sure and the linesman didn’t see it. He was whinging obvs as to how it could be given. I thought it was one of the more obvious decisions ever from my angle!

I thought the crowd did well yesterday. They kept on ref’s back for not giving a free kick for obvious fouls on Hughill. He finally caved into the pressure and he got two in the second half.

Seen it again and read the ridulous comments from their manager and player.

No way on earth, would a referee at this level, who are miced up don't forget, give a pen and THEN go to ask AR if it was or not!

We don't even do that at my level!

Secondly they claim GFK 'got a touch on the ball' - what?! - he didn't and even if the ball did brush his foot, you can't then trip someone up afterwards!

Another risible claim was that ref 'had about 6 players in front of him' - just a lie.

Also complaining about a foul in the build up - again that's just made up!

To me the most obvious reason for the chat was the fact that Pugh WAS in an offside position, but as PNE player played the ball to him, and it WAS a deliberate act (a deflection would still have been offside) then they were just checking that.

Alex Neil's memory/eyesight not that good as can be proved by his untrue assertion that Lumley's great save came at 1-0 - it didn't it was after the pen.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 12:25]
Red cards on 14:13 - Dec 8 with 1260 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Alex Neil is Son of Warnock.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Red cards on 14:33 - Dec 8 with 1214 viewsstowmarketrange

Red cards on 12:25 - Dec 8 by PinnerPaul

No way on earth, would a referee at this level, who are miced up don't forget, give a pen and THEN go to ask AR if it was or not!

Secondly they claim GFK 'got a touch on the ball' - what?! - he didn't and even if the ball did brush his foot, you can't then trip someone up afterwards!

Another risible claim was that ref 'had about 6 players in front of him' - just a lie.

To me the most obvious reason for the chat was the fact that Pugh WAS in an offside position, but as PNE player played the ball to him, and it WAS a deliberate act (a deflection would still have been offside) then they were just checking that.

Alex Neil's memory/eyesight not that good as can be proved by his untrue assertion that Lumley's great save came at 1-0 - it didn't it was after the pen.

You mean the refs have to have mice on them?Is that to distract the squirrels?
Red cards on 18:23 - Dec 8 with 1058 viewssmegma

Red cards on 12:25 - Dec 8 by PinnerPaul

I think the ref only consulted his assistant to placate the Nob End players who were in his face for literally every decision he made.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024