Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ron Saunders Died Today 23:12 - Dec 7 with 1128 viewsBoston

….I quite liked him. Dour, no nonsense, but knew the game and did a decent job.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ron Saunders Died Today on 23:17 - Dec 7 with 1115 viewsMrSheen

He always seemed a miserable so-and-so, but that Villa team played some sparkling football. RIP Ron Saunders.
Ron Saunders Died Today on 23:30 - Dec 7 with 1096 views2Thomas2Bowles

A good manager but 1977 still hurts, the git.

RIP

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Ron Saunders Died Today on 23:37 - Dec 7 with 1071 viewsBoston

Ron Saunders Died Today on 23:30 - Dec 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

A good manager but 1977 still hurts, the git.

RIP

The Cup defeat? Bummer that third game, but what a night at the 2-2! That was the evening I mastered the art of aerosol spray painting, even gave Vic a go😎

Ron Saunders Died Today on 23:44 - Dec 7 with 1060 views2Thomas2Bowles

Ron Saunders Died Today on 23:37 - Dec 7 by Boston

The Cup defeat? Bummer that third game, but what a night at the 2-2! That was the evening I mastered the art of aerosol spray painting, even gave Vic a go😎

Yeah great night as Villa apart from the pen miss by Masson I think? Francis, Eastoe scored.

Highbury a mud heap of a pitch and that Little bastard
[Post edited 7 Dec 2019 23:57]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Ron Saunders Died Today on 23:47 - Dec 7 with 1042 viewsJAPRANGERS

Ron Saunders. That's a name from the past I haven't heard for a long time. He was 87 so I suppose he had a good innings.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2019 23:48]
Ron Saunders Died Today on 09:19 - Dec 8 with 844 viewsDiscodroids

RIP Ron.

You had the aura of a Battle-scarred Veteran Centurion guarding some pisshole outpost by the Teutoburg Forest in Germania but you gave us the pleasue of that wonderful villa side of the late 70's / Early 80's.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ron Saunders Died Today on 15:00 - Dec 8 with 684 viewsBoston

Looked at his bio this morning. Surprised to read Birkenhead bred born and reared, always thought he was a Brummie. Saw a picture of him at a training session when he must have been in his forties, blimey, six pack iron man of a torso, no wonder his teams played out of their skins for him.

Ron Saunders Died Today on 18:49 - Dec 8 with 588 viewsCamberleyR

Always thought (though probably wasn't by Villa fans) he was a very underrated English manager of his time although when your peers are Clough, Robson, Paisley et al probably not surprising.

He won the League Cup in his first season at Villa when they were a second division club (which was the third successive time he'd managed a team to the final after Norwich and Man City the two seasons previously) then won it again two years later (as all older Rs fans will remember painfully) before finally reaching the pinnacle with that superb Villa side that won the title in 1981.

Tony Barton may have been the manager on the night they won the European Cup but everyone knows it was Ron Saunders' team.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024