Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your Team of the Decade 16:47 - Dec 11 with 5249 viewsTomS

I just received an email from the club, looking for my view on who merits selection for this prestigious accolade.

Once you begin reflecting on it, the painful memories which you thought you had suppressed start flooding back. Yes there were high points: the 2010/11 promotion season; the 5 home wins in a row followed by the most memorable match ever, since God created the Premiership, against Citeh; Bobby's last minute winner at Wembley to steal promotion from Derby. But, and it's big one, the rest of the rubbish we had to endure was truly awful.

I guarantee you, you will start putting a team together in your head, or even on a piece of paper, and you will soon wish you hadn't.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2019 16:06]
Your Team of the Decade on 16:56 - Dec 11 with 4229 viewsBuckR

On pure talent and who would make the best 11 than I think

Smithies

Walker
Onouha
Dunne
Robinson

Eze
Faurlin
Derry
Taarabt

Austin
Remy

If youre talking about best servants for us over the decade than

Kenny

Orr
Dunne
Onouha
Hill

Mackie
Faurlin
Derry
Routledge

Austin
Taarabt

And yes I'm bored on the train to Brum!
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 16:58]
Your Team of the Decade on 16:58 - Dec 11 with 4224 viewsToast_R

Easy one for me

Kenny
Simpson
Gorkks
Hill
Walker/Taiwo (do loans count?) if not I'll stretch to Onuoha
Faurlin
Derry
Mackie
Buzsacky
Taarabt
Austin
Your Team of the Decade on 17:15 - Dec 11 with 4189 viewsAntti_Heinola

Smithies

RB: Simpson (reluctantly - was never as big-a fan as most, but competition there is weak, and while Walker was our best RB of the decade, he was a loan and I'm not having loans).
LB: Clint (obviously)
CB: Gorkss (A good player but an idictment of our centre backs in the Prem)
CB: Onuoha

CDM: Derry (obviously)
CDM: Faurlin (obviously)

RAM: Freeman (wrong side for him, but he'll manage)
CAM: Buzsaky (I miss you Akos)
LAM: Taarabt

CF: Austin

Subs: Kenny, Dunne, Eze, Helguson, Connolly, Mackie, Luongo.

Bare bones.

Your Team of the Decade on 17:28 - Dec 11 with 4163 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Smithies

Robinson
Dunne
Hill
Yun

Freeman
Faurlin
Derry

Taarabt

Remy
Austin

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Your Team of the Decade on 17:58 - Dec 11 with 4115 viewsWadR

Smithies

Walker, Nelsen, Dunne, Hill
Derry, Faurlin
Eze, Taarabt, Freeman
Austin

Subs: Kenny, Onuoha, Helguson, Mackie, Remy, Cisse, Luongo.

Would normally stick to no loanees but Walker was just so good and key to our brilliant first half of the promotion season. Plus Simpson only played 20 more games for us and is a domestic abuser (allegedly).

Loved Buzsaky and he'd be no. 10, first name on the teamsheet for the 00s side but he was less important than say Tommy Smith in the promotion season and although decent in our prem survival year, wasn't standout.
Your Team of the Decade on 18:11 - Dec 11 with 4096 viewsHayesender

The 2010/11 squad. All of them, even Rob Hulse.

Gretest season I've ever seen

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Your Team of the Decade on 18:56 - Dec 11 with 4048 viewsterryb

Your Team of the Decade on 17:58 - Dec 11 by WadR

Smithies

Derry, Faurlin
Eze, Taarabt, Freeman
Austin

Would normally stick to no loanees but Walker was just so good and key to our brilliant first half of the promotion season. Plus Simpson only played 20 more games for us and is a domestic abuser (allegedly).

Loved Buzsaky and he'd be no. 10, first name on the teamsheet for the 00s side but he was less important than say Tommy Smith in the promotion season and although decent in our prem survival year, wasn't standout.

That is the side I would also pick until someone jogged my memory about somebody I've forgotten!

Dunne would be my biggest reservation as he was awful as many times as he was good. Perhaps I could move Hill alongside Nelsen, but I think that may leave Manning as the only candidate for left back.
Your Team of the Decade on 19:14 - Dec 11 with 4019 viewstraininvain

Your Team of the Decade on 18:56 - Dec 11 by terryb

That is the side I would also pick until someone jogged my memory about somebody I've forgotten!

Dunne would be my biggest reservation as he was awful as many times as he was good. Perhaps I could move Hill alongside Nelsen, but I think that may leave Manning as the only candidate for left back.

I think Fabio might have something to say about that.
Login to get fewer ads

Your Team of the Decade on 10:49 - Dec 12 with 3878 viewsloftboy

As I no longer have Twitter,Facebook and have never had instagram I can’t vote.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Your Team of the Decade on 11:01 - Dec 12 with 3847 viewsAntti_Heinola

Smithies

Derry, Faurlin
Eze, Taarabt, Freeman
Austin

I've seen Nelsen in a lot of squads and can't get my head round that.
I know people went mental about him at the time, but I always thought he looked decent only in comparison with a team poorly managed with a bad defence. He played 21 games then left. He was professional - as every player should be.
I'm not having a bloke who played 21 games in a poor side in a poor season make our team of the decade, sorry. Onuoha has to be in there - over 200 apps, captain, a great lad, a good player. Wouldn't make my QPR team of the last 30 years, but easily hasd to be in this.

Bare bones.

Your Team of the Decade on 11:03 - Dec 12 with 3846 viewsHAYESBOY

Smithies
Walker Onouha Hill Robinson
Rowlands Faurlin
Buszacky Taraabt Eze
Austin

Nelson close and Derry close, and although Rowlands was a bit part player in 10/11 & 11/12, he is one of my all time favourite players.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Your Team of the Decade on 11:33 - Dec 12 with 3828 viewsloftboy

Cesar
Boswinga, Lynch ,Samba, Fabio
Park, Mbia, Barton, Wright-Phillips
Maiga, Bothroyd

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Your Team of the Decade on 12:01 - Dec 12 with 3804 viewsW7Ranger

Kenny over Smithies for me.
Your Team of the Decade on 12:16 - Dec 12 with 3784 viewsCorbyQPR

Kenny
Walker Dunne Hill Orr
Faulin Derry
Routledge Taarabt Eze
Austin

Subs - Smithies, Remy, Vargas, Cisse, Akos, Mackie
Your Team of the Decade on 12:42 - Dec 12 with 3751 viewshopphoops

Your Team of the Decade on 11:33 - Dec 12 by loftboy

Cesar
Maiga, Bothroyd

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You beat me to it... but more tears than lolz tbh.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Your Team of the Decade on 15:28 - Dec 12 with 3661 viewsrsonist

Onuoha's like Luongo - nice lad we toiled with and soon as he left you forgot he was ever there. I'm not ungrateful for their service but... shrug.
Your Team of the Decade on 15:33 - Dec 12 with 3657 viewsrsonist

Cesar
Maiga, Bothroyd

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Your Team of the Decade on 19:54 - Dec 12 with 3579 viewsMatch82

Smithies

Derry, Faurlin
Eze, Taarabt, Freeman
Austin

I know we are just picking individuals rather than a cohesive team but my god, the lack of pace! We'd set records for how deep we'd have to hold the line to stop the balls over the top
Your Team of the Decade on 21:53 - Dec 12 with 3533 viewsWadR

Your Team of the Decade on 19:54 - Dec 12 by Match82

I know we are just picking individuals rather than a cohesive team but my god, the lack of pace! We'd set records for how deep we'd have to hold the line to stop the balls over the top

And it's Queens Park Rangers 2010-19, Queens Park Rangers FC,
The finest walking football football team (excluding Kyle Walker), the world has ever seen.

@Antti - Nelsen was basically physically broken but still, imo, the best centreback we've had this decade. 20 games or not, I remember his positional sense and 1on1 defending being remarkably good. He even got that guard of honour in his last game for us, a real marker of how fcked we were without him.

@TerryB - That's true, Dunne was very ropey for the second half of the 13/14 season but he was exceptional in the play-offs and quite solid in the Prem the following year. But, like Nelsen, you could just see Dunne was a proper defender.

But maybe you're both right, will have a word with Kaspars Gorkss and pretend he was my first choice all along...
Your Team of the Decade on 08:27 - Dec 13 with 3451 viewsEsox_Lucius

Smithies
Walker Onuoha Caulker Taiwo
Eze Faurlin Taraabt
Vargas Austin Remy

The grass is always greener.

Your Team of the Decade on 09:38 - Dec 13 with 3427 viewsPommyhoop

Cesar
Maiga, Bothroyd

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Your Team of the Decade on 09:43 - Dec 13 with 3425 viewsterryb

Your Team of the Decade on 21:53 - Dec 12 by WadR

And it's Queens Park Rangers 2010-19, Queens Park Rangers FC,
The finest walking football football team (excluding Kyle Walker), the world has ever seen.

@Antti - Nelsen was basically physically broken but still, imo, the best centreback we've had this decade. 20 games or not, I remember his positional sense and 1on1 defending being remarkably good. He even got that guard of honour in his last game for us, a real marker of how fcked we were without him.

@TerryB - That's true, Dunne was very ropey for the second half of the 13/14 season but he was exceptional in the play-offs and quite solid in the Prem the following year. But, like Nelsen, you could just see Dunne was a proper defender.

But maybe you're both right, will have a word with Kaspars Gorkss and pretend he was my first choice all along...

I had forgotten about Gorkss!

Dunne was brilliant at Wembley, but his next game was at Tottenham & woeful is far too kind for that performance! Mind you, all eleven of the starting team were awful. We didn't win a tackle till Faurlin came on as a sub near the end of the match.

This thread though is about individual preferences, so none of us are right & none of us are wrong.
Your Team of the Decade on 10:51 - Dec 13 with 3403 viewsWokingR

When I saw this thread I immediately though of Ryan Nelson.
He might not have played for us for very long but we went through a run where we were unbeatable with him on the pitch and lost without him.
Your Team of the Decade on 11:46 - Dec 13 with 3370 viewsfrancisbowles

Your Team of the Decade on 10:51 - Dec 13 by WokingR

When I saw this thread I immediately though of Ryan Nelson.
He might not have played for us for very long but we went through a run where we were unbeatable with him on the pitch and lost without him.

Kenny
Onuoha, Nelson, Hill
Routledge, Buszaky, Faurlin, Eze, Tarabt
Remy, Helguson

subs
Smithies, Gorks, Derry, Freeman, Mackie, Austin, Phillips.

Only loan is Routledge and he had been ours previously. No decent full backs that I can think of who weren't loans, hence three at the back.

Alternative

Caesar,
Bosingwa, Samba, Lynch, Ferdinand.A, Essou-Ekoto,
Wright Phillips, Gobern, Traore,
Maiga, Keane
Your Team of the Decade on 12:00 - Dec 13 with 3358 viewssuperhoopdownunder

What about manager of the decade?

Paul Hart (he was manager until 15 January 2010)
Mick Hartford
Neil Warnock
Mark Hughes
Mark Bowen
Harry Redknapp
Kevin Bond
Chris Ramsey
Neil Warnock (again)
JFH
Ian Holloway
Steve McClaren
John Eustace