Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR - The Adidas Years Part 2 11:48 - Dec 16 with 2244 viewsCamberleyR

Part 2 of the thread I posted a few months ago this time focusing on the years 1979-1982.

https://museumofjerseys.com/2019/12/05/queens-park-rangers-the-adidas-years-part

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

QPR - The Adidas Years Part 2 on 11:54 - Dec 16 with 2232 viewsMick_S

By jingo, they were superb kits by and large. The Dundee one is completely new to me - did it not have a badge?

Edit:
"The uncrested orange kit"
[Post edited 16 Dec 2019 11:55]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

QPR - The Adidas Years Part 2 on 11:57 - Dec 16 with 2218 views2Thomas2Bowles

QPR - The Adidas Years Part 2 on 11:54 - Dec 16 by Mick_S

By jingo, they were superb kits by and large. The Dundee one is completely new to me - did it not have a badge?

Edit:

Yeah lovely kits

I loved the red shirt.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

QPR - The Adidas Years Part 2 on 12:11 - Dec 16 with 2186 viewsCamberleyR

QPR - The Adidas Years Part 2 on 11:54 - Dec 16 by Mick_S

Edit:

The Dundee United orange shirt as worn by Middlesbrough in their 6-1 defeat at LR in 1983 (with their own red Adidas shorts and socks). Does anyone know the mystery behind this odd kit ensemble and why they had to borrow a rarely used third kit shirt of ours?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

QPR - The Adidas Years Part 2 on 12:16 - Dec 16 with 2160 views2Thomas2Bowles

QPR - The Adidas Years Part 2 on 12:11 - Dec 16 by CamberleyR

The Dundee United orange shirt as worn by Middlesbrough in their 6-1 defeat at LR in 1983 (with their own red Adidas shorts and socks). Does anyone know the mystery behind this odd kit ensemble and why they had to borrow a rarely used third kit shirt of ours?

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

QPR - The Adidas Years Part 2 on 13:01 - Dec 16 with 2102 viewsLunarJetman

I never knew this:

"In The Spurs Shirt by Simon Shakeshaft, Daren Burney and Neville Evans, the reason for this is given. QPR won the toss, meaning Spurs had to change, opting for yellow — however, Rangers decided to wear the change strip, believing it to be a lucky charm. Such a ploy had worked for West Ham United against Arsenal in 1980."

We deliberately chose not to wear blue and white hoops!
QPR - The Adidas Years Part 2 on 14:17 - Dec 16 with 2038 viewsCLAREMAN1995

QPR - The Adidas Years Part 2 on 13:01 - Dec 16 by LunarJetman

I never knew this:

"In The Spurs Shirt by Simon Shakeshaft, Daren Burney and Neville Evans, the reason for this is given. QPR won the toss, meaning Spurs had to change, opting for yellow — however, Rangers decided to wear the change strip, believing it to be a lucky charm. Such a ploy had worked for West Ham United against Arsenal in 1980."

We deliberately chose not to wear blue and white hoops!

Well that is one question answered for me as I could never figure out why we did not wear the hoops.Lots of fans love the red shirt but I was never too fond of it myself and still do not have it in my collection .
QPR looked amazing in 86 with the Addidas hoops and red trim at Wembley so I assume the same would have been the case in 82.Seeing as we lost both I guess the red shirt might have been luckier at least getting to that replay .
QPR - The Adidas Years Part 2 on 16:38 - Dec 16 with 1997 viewsBrianWilliamsBeard

I remember the Preston game well. The team were booed briefly when they came out in it because we never realised it was the R's.

We borrowed those shirts later for a 5-a-side tournament.
QPR - The Adidas Years Part 2 on 09:50 - Dec 17 with 1809 viewsTheChef

QPR - The Adidas Years Part 2 on 14:17 - Dec 16 by CLAREMAN1995

Well that is one question answered for me as I could never figure out why we did not wear the hoops.Lots of fans love the red shirt but I was never too fond of it myself and still do not have it in my collection .
QPR looked amazing in 86 with the Addidas hoops and red trim at Wembley so I assume the same would have been the case in 82.Seeing as we lost both I guess the red shirt might have been luckier at least getting to that replay .

Well we won the play off final in our away kit so, er, go figure!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024