Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR 16:20 - Dec 18 with 4414 viewsthame_hoops

Who else is going to see this?

Im going to the midnight showing later, seriously excited.

Ep7 was ok, was building something, Ep8 sucked, with JJ Abrams directing this it should be the best of the newer ones.

On a side note, has anyone else been watching the Mandalorian? such a good series and reminds me of ROTJ/Battlefront video game.
Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 16:21 - Dec 18 with 3572 viewsBlackCrowe

going Friday evening. seems like a good antidote to the predicted work party hangover

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 16:30 - Dec 18 with 3550 viewsJuzzie

Will try and go next week once the mum in law Is here. She can look after the kids for a couple of hours :)

Similarly, she can look after my near 2 year old daughter as I’m hoping to take my boy to his first ever football match (Hull) so that will be quite a proud moment in my life.
Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 17:31 - Dec 18 with 3515 viewsRangersw12

Going Boxing day in 4dx
Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 17:38 - Dec 18 with 3512 viewsconnell10

To be honest the only one I really rate from the new lot is Rogue one, thought it was very good.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 19:14 - Dec 18 with 3471 viewsloftboy

Haven’t seen a single minute of any Star Wars film, was in primary school when the original came out and just couldn’t see the fascination.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 19:15]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 20:41 - Dec 18 with 3412 viewsMiss_Terraces

Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 19:14 - Dec 18 by loftboy

Haven’t seen a single minute of any Star Wars film, was in primary school when the original came out and just couldn’t see the fascination.

Born in 78, Princess Leia? Not even in her gold bikini? I lusted over her, before I even knew what sex was.
There are only 3 Star Wars Films. Like Football, Parky and a thousand other things, it doesn't look right in HD

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 21:04 - Dec 18 with 3395 viewssmegma

I'm washing my hair.
Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 21:28 - Dec 18 with 3376 viewsbosh67

Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 19:14 - Dec 18 by loftboy

So you wouldn't have seen all the lesbian sex scenes in it then?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 21:38 - Dec 18 with 3370 viewsPunteR

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 21:53 - Dec 18 with 3355 viewssmegma

Ditto.

The last science fiction film I saw was Logan's Run.

**now we'll get some Sheldon Cooper wannabes telling me Stars Wars isn't sci-fi or some other b0ll0cks.
Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 23:55 - Dec 18 with 3315 viewsdaveB

I'm dreading it a bit, always loved Star Wars but the last one was a bit shit and this one looks a bit of a mess. They don't seemed to have planned the trilogy it's just 3 separate films. After the way Marvel brilliantly ended the Infinity War story this year I just can't see this being anywhere near as good.

Hope i'm wrong though
Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 00:14 - Dec 19 with 3311 viewsqprxtc

Star Wars. Christ, I was obsessed as a kid. Now, it’s a load of bowlocks.

The 1977 is the only good one and Thea rest are that story with slight variations. How many poxy Death Stars have been blown up.

Lost my mojo with fantasy films when I dive a whole weekend of Lard of the Rings extended editions and went a bit doolally. Goblins, fairy’s, Jedi’s and psycho dwarves in red raincoats. Bollox to it all.

Never watched the marvel puniverse cobblers . Fantasy is just a load of nonsensical nonsense.

One more glass of sherry and that’s the bottle. I’ve forgotten what my pint is. But is was a bloody good one.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 0:15]
Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 09:06 - Dec 19 with 3203 views2Thomas2Bowles

Why is there a giant codpiece on the robot stormtroopers, never seen a lady stormtrooper.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 09:14 - Dec 19 with 3184 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 09:19 - Dec 19 with 3179 viewsRangersDave

Not getting very good pre reviews from those that were at screenings in the states.

Seems 'ok' i suppose, but a bit formulaic with no 'threat' in the movie to draw you in.
One critics review says its almost like playing a game on 'god mode'' in that no one gets hurt or killed on your side.

Think i'll dodge the bullet and give it a miss.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 12:38 - Dec 19 with 3120 viewsthame_hoops

Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 09:19 - Dec 19 by RangersDave

Not getting very good pre reviews from those that were at screenings in the states.

Seems 'ok' i suppose, but a bit formulaic with no 'threat' in the movie to draw you in.
One critics review says its almost like playing a game on 'god mode'' in that no one gets hurt or killed on your side.

Think i'll dodge the bullet and give it a miss.

I won’t spoil but I thought it was ok. Can’t understand the hatred it’s getting at all. Much better than TLJ, some cool moments but like the others, plenty of holes. JJ does a good job Steering it back.
Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 12:47 - Dec 19 with 3098 viewsKonk

Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 12:38 - Dec 19 by thame_hoops

I won’t spoil but I thought it was ok. Can’t understand the hatred it’s getting at all. Much better than TLJ, some cool moments but like the others, plenty of holes. JJ does a good job Steering it back.

My 5 year old son has seen all of the films at home, and I was thinking of taking him to the cinema to see this one; is it any scarier than the others? EDIT: I've read a few pieces on this subject now, and it sounds like it's a fair bit darker, scarier, with more realistic violence than the previous films? In which case, he can wait a bit.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 13:17]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 15:59 - Dec 19 with 3007 viewsrobith

I thought while it was a bit messy, The Last Jedi at least had some interesting ideas and thoughts, Force Awakens was crushingly boring as it was just a remake of ANH. This one looks like a car crash.

One thing about the new ones I've always struggled with is that the first trilogy I knew who everyone was. There was the Empire and there were the rebels. Despite little exposition I understood the mechanics of the world and its power structures. Who are the first order? Who are the resistance? what do they do? what is the set up of the galaxy? none of it makes sense
Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 17:45 - Dec 19 with 2960 viewsloftboy

Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 15:59 - Dec 19 by robith

I thought while it was a bit messy, The Last Jedi at least had some interesting ideas and thoughts, Force Awakens was crushingly boring as it was just a remake of ANH. This one looks like a car crash.

One thing about the new ones I've always struggled with is that the first trilogy I knew who everyone was. There was the Empire and there were the rebels. Despite little exposition I understood the mechanics of the world and its power structures. Who are the first order? Who are the resistance? what do they do? what is the set up of the galaxy? none of it makes sense

Sounds like your relegation index !!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 18:23 - Dec 19 with 2930 viewsthame_hoops

Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 12:47 - Dec 19 by Konk

My 5 year old son has seen all of the films at home, and I was thinking of taking him to the cinema to see this one; is it any scarier than the others? EDIT: I've read a few pieces on this subject now, and it sounds like it's a fair bit darker, scarier, with more realistic violence than the previous films? In which case, he can wait a bit.

It’s definitely darker in parts and he may be scared by the ‘baddy’ and the ambience around it
Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 18:39 - Dec 19 with 2911 viewsPunteR

Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 18:23 - Dec 19 by thame_hoops

It’s definitely darker in parts and he may be scared by the ‘baddy’ and the ambience around it

is this the last of the star wars?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 19:41 - Dec 19 with 2883 viewsLblock

Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 18:39 - Dec 19 by PunteR

is this the last of the star wars?

No JM... this is the last one... QUALITY!

(Warning... NSFW or kiddies due to lingo)

Put a leash on her Turkish

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 22:51 - Dec 19 with 2811 viewsdaveB

Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 12:47 - Dec 19 by Konk

Apart from anything scary the length of the film is probably too long for a 5 year old
Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 00:02 - Dec 20 with 2762 viewsToast_R

I was disappointed with it. Too many plot holes as others have said, theres not too much continuation between the three movies. JJ Abrahams just seems to steel the best features from the originals and then ham them up to the max in a weak story. Never been a fan of his work particularly, his Star Trek movies were proper dog shit.
Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker *NON QPR on 14:28 - Dec 20 with 2558 viewsDorse

NO SPOILERS

Watched it last night with Mini Dorse.

Easily my favourite of the current trilogy. Beats the living piss out of the whole prequal trilogy put together. Better than Return of the Jedi (stupid bloody Ewoks).

It stands up pretty well across the board. They even fixed the (major) problems with the complete lack of character development in Ep7 and Ep8. Fights were pretty darn awesome, baddies were proper nasty, goodies mostly not dipshits (as in the last film).

Downside: not enough Porgs.

Edit: found this. Made me laugh.

[Post edited 20 Dec 2019 15:21]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024