Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield Wednesday 12:16 - Dec 22 with 1188 viewsstowmarketrange

I missed the start of the sky coverage of Wednesday v Brizzle today and they were talking about a possible points deduction for Wednesday because of selling they ground illegally.
Can anyone explain why what they’ve done is different to what derby have done?And derby got away with it.
Sheffield Wednesday on 12:26 - Dec 22 with 1146 viewsNed_Kennedys

I think Wednesday sold the ground after the end of the accounting year and have wedged it into the figures to prevent failing FFP regulations?

And of course they haven't had massive football superstars like Frank and Wayne involved with them like Derby have and therefore deserve to be treated differently.
Sheffield Wednesday on 12:34 - Dec 22 with 1128 viewsTacticalR

The EFL has charged Wednesday with misconduct over the Hillsborough sale:

'Wednesday sold Hillsborough for £60m to a company, Sheffield 3, owned by Chansiri, generating a £38m profit which, in turn, helped them record a pre-tax profit of £2.5m for 2017-18.'

Sheffield Wednesday charged with misconduct over Hillsborough sale
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/nov/14/sheffield-wednesday-charged-efl

It was reported this week that Chansiri is using shell companies as shirt sponsors:

Three Sheffield Wednesday sponsors linked to owner are not commercially active
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/19/sheffield-wednesday-sponsors-ow

Air hostess clique

Sheffield Wednesday on 12:42 - Dec 22 with 1109 viewsMedwayR

Didn't the EFL also say they had no problem with the shirt sponsorship?

It's all such a mess they might as well scrap it, it started badly and got worse.

Poll: Who’s better?

Sheffield Wednesday on 12:58 - Dec 22 with 1071 viewsstowmarketrange

Sheffield Wednesday on 12:42 - Dec 22 by MedwayR

Didn't the EFL also say they had no problem with the shirt sponsorship?

It's all such a mess they might as well scrap it, it started badly and got worse.

The ones who are clever and rich enough can find any loophole to try to gain an advantage while they throw the book at the smallest/poorest clubs.
I don’t see how it can ever be called ffp?It would be better to call it fup,or financial unfair play.
Sheffield Wednesday on 13:57 - Dec 22 with 992 viewsstowmarketrange

Poor old Bristol city just lost 1-0 thanks to a really soft penalty.Shame innit?
I wish we’d had this ref yesterday when hughill was mugged in the area in the last few minutes and the ref waved it away.
Sheffield Wednesday on 14:06 - Dec 22 with 973 viewsrsonist

I know no one's seriously demanding a promotion push but when mediocre shite like Owls are third purely through keeping it basic and not sh-tting the bed every week it doesn't half smart.
Sheffield Wednesday on 14:17 - Dec 22 with 935 viewsstowmarketrange

Sheffield Wednesday on 14:06 - Dec 22 by rsonist

I know no one's seriously demanding a promotion push but when mediocre shite like Owls are third purely through keeping it basic and not sh-tting the bed every week it doesn't half smart.

And possibly by being able to buy players that they shouldn’t be able to buy because of breaking the rules?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024