Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 20:03 - Dec 29 with 1950 viewsGloucs_R

Eze completely dominated the first half, we should have been 2 or 3 nil up if we would have taken our chances. Lumley, absolutely diabolical again. Chair did well too.

Second half, Eze didn't get a peep, Hull looked much stronger but we still dominated large periods of the game. If we could finish we would be a team pushing for the playoffs. I'm sure many of you guessed what the outcome was going to be for the last 10 minutes when they put on at their big lad upfront and started pinging balls into the box. The BFG did really well up until the foul

The second goal defending 😱
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 20:03]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Just back on 20:12 - Dec 29 with 1883 viewsbosh67

I do get the impression that one of the final instructions in training is... remember to lose your man and switch off at set pieces. Almost a carbon copy of Charlton.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just back on 20:13 - Dec 29 with 1868 viewsGloucs_R

Just back on 20:12 - Dec 29 by bosh67

I do get the impression that one of the final instructions in training is... remember to lose your man and switch off at set pieces. Almost a carbon copy of Charlton.

And pass the ball into the net...

Just back on 20:17 - Dec 29 with 1833 viewsGloucs_R

One more moan... Amos for Smith when we were crying out for another forward

Just back on 21:45 - Dec 29 with 1610 viewsStanisgod

Just back on 20:17 - Dec 29 by Gloucs_R

One more moan... Amos for Smith when we were crying out for another forward

Taking Chair off was nothing short of criminal, Hugill for Wells was all that was needed. Thought Ball did well.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Just back on 22:54 - Dec 29 with 1405 viewssmegma

Just back on 21:45 - Dec 29 by Stanisgod

Taking Chair off was nothing short of criminal, Hugill for Wells was all that was needed. Thought Ball did well.

Chair was our best player.Smith was not an improvement. I would have taken off Eze for Hugill near the end.
Just back on 23:08 - Dec 29 with 1363 viewsBlackCrowe

Thought Eze was ok in the first half not more and non-existant in the second.

First off our work-rate seems good enough but that's it at the moment. Our midfield generally lacks fizz and invention and is not linking the defence to the attack at all. The tippy tappy playing it from the back only works if you've got a midfield to then open it up for the attackers. We haven't at the moment and therefore the tippy tappy stuff is incredibly dull and frustrating.

I can't really criticise Wells and Hughill, they're simply not getting enough quality service.

it's a problem.

Oh and Joe Lumley...he's not doing it purpose that much i know but a change is needed. He makes good saves and stops but that's job and it doesn't make up for the howlers which is costing us both goals and momentum.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back (n/t) on 23:11 - Dec 29 with 1347 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 23:11]
Just back on 00:32 - Dec 30 with 1215 viewsNortholt_Rs

Just back on 23:08 - Dec 29 by BlackCrowe

Thought Eze was ok in the first half not more and non-existant in the second.

First off our work-rate seems good enough but that's it at the moment. Our midfield generally lacks fizz and invention and is not linking the defence to the attack at all. The tippy tappy playing it from the back only works if you've got a midfield to then open it up for the attackers. We haven't at the moment and therefore the tippy tappy stuff is incredibly dull and frustrating.

I can't really criticise Wells and Hughill, they're simply not getting enough quality service.

it's a problem.

Oh and Joe Lumley...he's not doing it purpose that much i know but a change is needed. He makes good saves and stops but that's job and it doesn't make up for the howlers which is costing us both goals and momentum.

Yep...Lumley’s howler for their first completely turned the game. The crowd and team went dead flat after that. He really is dogs hit...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 10:33 - Dec 30 with 944 viewsPikey

Couldnt work out why Eze was hugging the touchline like a left winger on the 2nd half. Surely his most effective in the thick of it taking men on and winning free kicks not out wide as a peripheral part of the team. Very strange tactics.
I've been a strong supporter of Joe in goal but I'm afraid the time has come to leave him out. My only problem is that Kelly just doesn't convince me.
Just back on 10:41 - Dec 30 with 926 viewsozexile

Just back on 10:33 - Dec 30 by Pikey

Couldnt work out why Eze was hugging the touchline like a left winger on the 2nd half. Surely his most effective in the thick of it taking men on and winning free kicks not out wide as a peripheral part of the team. Very strange tactics.
I've been a strong supporter of Joe in goal but I'm afraid the time has come to leave him out. My only problem is that Kelly just doesn't convince me.

It's a QPR thing. Leave your most dangerous player out on the wing. I remember we done it with Taarabt for a while.
Just back on 10:53 - Dec 30 with 891 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good thread.

Agree that Chair was our best player, that Ball did ok, that out midfield stood off (again!), that Eze was isolated, that the defending for the second goal was shocking and the error for the first very poor.

My over-riding feeling yesterday and this morning is that we were rigid, that there was no movement, that Wells never ran the channels and just hid between the two centre-backs and that crucially, unforgivably, we were outfought.

No excuses for that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Just back on 11:17 - Dec 30 with 819 viewssuperhoopdownunder

No leaders in this team unfortunately.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024