Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wells off? 14:11 - Jan 21 with 59370 viewsHayesender

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/burnley-recall-bristol-city-target-

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Wells off? on 17:29 - Jan 24 with 4344 viewsAntti_Heinola

Wells off? on 17:06 - Jan 24 by rsonist

Nothing that extreme off the top of my head, but I was thinking more of average in-form strikers picked up for the home straight just in case and then inevitably discarded. Gary Madine going to Cardiff for £6m the other year for instance. That mid season purgatory of Leon Bests and Leon Clarkes.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 17:07]

absolutely - not saying clubs don't pay ridiculous money for average strikers in contract. But I am saying they don't go around offering silly money for no reason. Burnley would accept getting him off their wage bill, and it's pointless anyone offering more.

Bare bones.

Wells off? on 17:56 - Jan 24 with 4213 viewsrsonist

Wells off? on 17:29 - Jan 24 by Antti_Heinola

absolutely - not saying clubs don't pay ridiculous money for average strikers in contract. But I am saying they don't go around offering silly money for no reason. Burnley would accept getting him off their wage bill, and it's pointless anyone offering more.

The reason is to have him now, when he's most needed, and for another rival not to have him. But we're agreeing it's silly. We'll see how the bidding war pans out.
Wells off? on 18:36 - Jan 24 with 4121 viewsterryb

I would imgine that IF Rangers were to offer £1 million (or perhaps a little less) Burnley would snap our hands off! Especially as Wells might turn down a move to the clubs that have been mentioned.

Would he accept the wages that we could offer him though? If not, what benfit would we get from playing him unless we reached the play offs? Perhaps a reduced wage but a high(ish) signing on fee might be acceptable to all parties?

Like Antti, I can't see any club offering the figure's that have been mentioned & Leeds making a £6 million bid was laughable!
Wells off? on 23:18 - Jan 24 with 3922 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Dyche has confirmed the interest from Forest and Bristol City and has alerted MW that Nahki could be recalled:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/11916792/nahki-wells-burnley-boss-

Given that he could be leaving anyway, I don't understand why MW just didn't go ahead and start Wells tonight.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 1:12]
Wells off? on 08:06 - Jan 26 with 3651 viewsozranger

Don't use twitter, but someone on another forum has posted a tweet from QPROfficial stating that he will remain until the end of the season.
Wells off? on 08:16 - Jan 26 with 3629 viewsGloucs_R

Wells off? on 08:06 - Jan 26 by ozranger

Don't use twitter, but someone on another forum has posted a tweet from QPROfficial stating that he will remain until the end of the season.

It's a fake account. He's been doing it loads lately.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Wells off? on 13:04 - Jan 26 with 3210 viewsQPR_John

Wells off? on 23:18 - Jan 24 by Benny_the_Ball

Dyche has confirmed the interest from Forest and Bristol City and has alerted MW that Nahki could be recalled:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/11916792/nahki-wells-burnley-boss-

Given that he could be leaving anyway, I don't understand why MW just didn't go ahead and start Wells tonight.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 1:12]

Surely if there had been any hard bids for Wells then Dyche would have recalled him by now and not risk him getting injured
Wells off? on 16:59 - Jan 26 with 3001 viewsGloucs_R

Saw a good one today, a swap for BOS.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Login to get fewer ads

Wells off? on 19:57 - Jan 26 with 2847 viewsbosh67

Wells off? on 16:59 - Jan 26 by Gloucs_R

Saw a good one today, a swap for BOS.

Yes I saw that as well. I can sadly half believe that sort of deal being done at the end of the season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wells off? on 20:53 - Jan 26 with 2715 viewsStanisgod

Never mind, there's plenty of time to get a replacement from Spuds.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Wells off? on 01:15 - Jan 27 with 2458 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Wells off? on 13:04 - Jan 26 by QPR_John

Surely if there had been any hard bids for Wells then Dyche would have recalled him by now and not risk him getting injured

Good point as it is interest rather than hard bids. Could be a tactic to encourage QPR to table an offer.
Wells off? on 08:14 - Jan 27 with 2346 viewsHayesender

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/burnley-linked-move-speedy-q

Rearrange these words. Off and piss

Wells off? on 08:35 - Jan 27 with 2280 viewscpgerber

We should be able to get get Wells + cash for BOS. Youngster at 22, 1.5 years contract left (we have option to extend) vs striker nearing 30 almost out of contract. Hopefully that cash can be used to make Nahki and offer he will stay for.

Then sell Nahki for £15 in the summer. :)
Wells off? on 09:40 - Jan 27 with 2164 viewsterryb

There is certainly some logic in the possibility of Burnley offering Wells plus cash for BOS as Bright is a Dyche type player.

Whether they could agree the arithmetic could be a problem though. What price would we put on BOS? What would Wells be valued at? Will Wells accept wages in line with what we currently contribute?

Personally I would like us to ask for a minimum of £6 million plus Wells, but that may be too optimistic!
Wells off? on 10:04 - Jan 27 with 2076 viewsNorthantsHoop

Wells off? on 09:40 - Jan 27 by terryb

There is certainly some logic in the possibility of Burnley offering Wells plus cash for BOS as Bright is a Dyche type player.

Whether they could agree the arithmetic could be a problem though. What price would we put on BOS? What would Wells be valued at? Will Wells accept wages in line with what we currently contribute?

Personally I would like us to ask for a minimum of £6 million plus Wells, but that may be too optimistic!

I think this would be a win win option for us. We will lose BOS at some point in the near future, if we can get Wells a proven goal scorer and settled at the club now on contract then a result. Both players are attracting attention, Wells a proven Championship striker, which let's face it are hard to come by at a reasonable price in the current crazy market,he is in a strong position as will be able to pick and choose offers in the summer. At the moment we as a club in major financial transition cannot afford to pay even for a 29 year old a fee in the range Burnley may be touting around, but others in the division can. Would be a good progressive move for BOS as well, most likely to get game time at Burnley.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 10:07]
Wells off? on 10:05 - Jan 27 with 2067 viewsrobith

Pass the lemon juice would you?

Wells off? on 10:07 - Jan 27 with 2050 viewsmakaveli1882

He has gone back on official now.
Wells off? on 10:08 - Jan 27 with 2042 viewsHayesender

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-keen-to-sign-nahki-wells/

Bollox

Wells off? on 10:09 - Jan 27 with 2032 viewsloftboy

Club statement is interesting, publicly saying we want to sign him.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Wells off? on 10:11 - Jan 27 with 1998 viewsBuckR

Wells off? on 10:09 - Jan 27 by loftboy

Club statement is interesting, publicly saying we want to sign him.

Interesting one. I think we genuinely do want to sign him but does sound like a bit of lip service for the fans. However I agree we should not do anything that is against our new structure.
Wells off? on 10:13 - Jan 27 with 1979 viewsflynnbo

He can pop over after the Blackburn game then.
Wells off? on 10:20 - Jan 27 with 1911 viewsPhildo

lots of kremlinology possible here but it seems to me that most of the power over what happens next lies with the player? He cannot go anywhere that he does not agree terms with. Burnley will want him off books for the rest of the season as a minimum.

We want him and so do others so his agent will be trying to drive his next deal as best he can?
Wells off? on 10:24 - Jan 27 with 1867 viewsNed_Kennedys

Wells off? on 10:11 - Jan 27 by BuckR

Interesting one. I think we genuinely do want to sign him but does sound like a bit of lip service for the fans. However I agree we should not do anything that is against our new structure.

Its a necessary statement I think: otherwise the mouth breathers on twitter and FB are going to lose their shit saying why didn't we try to sign him. Not that they won't do this anyway.
Wells off? on 10:31 - Jan 27 with 1795 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Unfortunately we just can't afford him and Hoos said in his statement the valuations don't meet. I really hope (if he does go to Bristol City) that they can spin it so he can't play on Saturday - A knock, hasn't trained, some other PR wording . It would really be a kick in the teeth if he played against us that soon.
Wells off? on 10:33 - Jan 27 with 1773 viewskingsburyR

Wells off? on 10:31 - Jan 27 by BlackAndGoldRanger

Unfortunately we just can't afford him and Hoos said in his statement the valuations don't meet. I really hope (if he does go to Bristol City) that they can spin it so he can't play on Saturday - A knock, hasn't trained, some other PR wording . It would really be a kick in the teeth if he played against us that soon.

And scored!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024