Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wells off? 14:11 - Jan 21 with 60482 viewsHayesender

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/burnley-recall-bristol-city-target-

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Wells off? on 16:02 - Jan 23 with 3898 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wells off? on 16:01 - Jan 23 by distortR

Having played alongside you, I'm quite surprised that you're aware of the concept?

Alongside me? You were always ten yards behind me!

An' I played in goal!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wells off? on 16:12 - Jan 23 with 3803 viewsbosh67

So that's Forest, Crystal Palace, Wigan, Bristol City and Birmingham (anyone else) all lined up to sign him. Obviously and us. That leaves a whole other 85 clubs (excluding Burnley) that are yet to register their interest in him over the next week.

We'll be getting to the football equivalent of "Where's Wellsy?" very shortly.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wells off? on 16:21 - Jan 23 with 3720 viewsLongsufferingR

This next week is going to be unbearable. Hopefully we can win tomorrow and the prospect of a cup run might sway him towards staying.
Wells off? on 16:26 - Jan 23 with 3686 viewsPinnerPaul

Wells off? on 16:12 - Jan 23 by bosh67

So that's Forest, Crystal Palace, Wigan, Bristol City and Birmingham (anyone else) all lined up to sign him. Obviously and us. That leaves a whole other 85 clubs (excluding Burnley) that are yet to register their interest in him over the next week.

Hence my post of a few days ago that 95% of this stuff is b*******x
Wells off? on 16:41 - Jan 23 with 3584 viewsrsonist

Wells off? on 16:12 - Jan 23 by bosh67

Form strikers always tempt at this time of year, and this season anyone down to 17th could think they're in with the best shout of auto/play-offs in years. So yeah, would be weirder if there wasn't interest.
Wells off? on 16:47 - Jan 23 with 3546 viewsconnell10

As I stated elsewhere another clubs style might not suit the way he plays, who out of the so called interested clubs plays as attacking football as us? He could go to another club and quite possibly bomb!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Wells off? on 16:49 - Jan 23 with 3517 viewsVancouverHoop

Wells off? on 16:47 - Jan 23 by connell10

As I stated elsewhere another clubs style might not suit the way he plays, who out of the so called interested clubs plays as attacking football as us? He could go to another club and quite possibly bomb!

True. His first few months with us were really frustrating.
Wells off? on 16:53 - Jan 23 with 3483 viewsconnell10

Wells off? on 16:49 - Jan 23 by VancouverHoop

True. His first few months with us were really frustrating.

We maybe as a attacking team be making him look better than he is, as I say if he goes he goes.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Wells off? on 16:57 - Jan 23 with 3454 viewsVancouverHoop

I've wondered what BOS would be like as a striker. Might be a chance to find out?
Wells off? on 17:04 - Jan 23 with 3405 viewsDannytheR

Wells off? on 16:47 - Jan 23 by connell10

It's a very good point. And equally, if I was any half decent striker outside the Premiership, I'd be attracted to a team like ours where even the most comically un-lethal front man is going to get 15 goals a season just from occasionally facing in the right direction.

*cough* Jordan Hugill
Wells off? on 17:19 - Jan 23 with 3301 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wells off? on 16:57 - Jan 23 by VancouverHoop

I've wondered what BOS would be like as a striker. Might be a chance to find out?

I don't see it yet.

Finishing is erratic, weak in the air, used to playing facing the goal not with his back to it and one-footed. Might work short-term but I could see teams sussing him out after a few games.

Besides which, would be a shame to move him when he's playing so well.

Wells off? on 17:30 - Jan 23 with 3239 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Wells off? on 17:19 - Jan 23 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't see it yet.

Finishing is erratic, weak in the air, used to playing facing the goal not with his back to it and one-footed. Might work short-term but I could see teams sussing him out after a few games.

Yes, he is one of our only natural wingers imo.
Wells off? on 17:35 - Jan 23 with 3199 viewsngbqpr

Wells off? on 16:57 - Jan 23 by VancouverHoop

Didn't really work at Barnsley...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Wells off? on 17:37 - Jan 23 with 3188 viewsngbqpr

Wells off? on 17:19 - Jan 23 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't see it yet.

One footed you say...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Wells off? on 18:08 - Jan 23 with 3046 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think that goal shows that he needs to work on both sides, to be honest (and not to be too critical as it is a cracking goal,but he spends quite a bit of that run dribbling with his near (right) foot).
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 0:07]

Wells off? on 18:12 - Jan 23 with 3025 viewsW7Ranger

Wells off? on 15:27 - Jan 23 by Mick_S

Wells off? on 22:03 - Jan 23 with 2564 viewsGloucs_R

Forest have made a bid apparently

Poll: Are we staying up?

Wells off? on 22:53 - Jan 23 with 2409 views2Thomas2Bowles

We know how this all goes, 5 mins from the deadline we have another Remy moment with no time to get a replacement.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 22:55]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Wells off? on 08:19 - Jan 24 with 2074 viewsozranger

Wells off? on 22:03 - Jan 23 by Gloucs_R

Forest have made a bid apparently

Um, er, no. Can you provide evidence as the Nottingham papers have zero about this? This morning the Post only says they are still interested in him along with Bristol. That doesn't sound like a bid. I'm sorry but your comment sounds like one made by an agent.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/nottingham-forest-tr
Wells off? on 08:37 - Jan 24 with 2012 viewsswisscottage

Nahki Wells can make whatever decision he wants with regards transfers irrespective of what Burnley want.

He's been free to talk to other clubs since the 1st January.

They can only sell him if they agree terms to pay up his current contract and the deal with whichever club is what he wants.

IMO I think its highly unlikely any side is going to commit to a 3 year contract with him, stump up a decent transfer fee and sufficient signing on bonus to take him in January unless they really feel he's going to be the difference between promotion or not. otherwise they'd just negotiate the Bosman contract for him and take him in the summer.
Wells off? on 08:49 - Jan 24 with 1971 viewsStanisgod

Wells off? on 08:19 - Jan 24 by ozranger

Um, er, no. Can you provide evidence as the Nottingham papers have zero about this? This morning the Post only says they are still interested in him along with Bristol. That doesn't sound like a bid. I'm sorry but your comment sounds like one made by an agent.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/nottingham-forest-tr

Yeah, ive heard they are short of players 😳😳

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Wells off? on 08:50 - Jan 24 with 1968 viewsdanehoop

Wells off? on 08:37 - Jan 24 by swisscottage

Nahki Wells can make whatever decision he wants with regards transfers irrespective of what Burnley want.

He's been free to talk to other clubs since the 1st January.

They can only sell him if they agree terms to pay up his current contract and the deal with whichever club is what he wants.

IMO I think its highly unlikely any side is going to commit to a 3 year contract with him, stump up a decent transfer fee and sufficient signing on bonus to take him in January unless they really feel he's going to be the difference between promotion or not. otherwise they'd just negotiate the Bosman contract for him and take him in the summer.

Stop talking sense!!!

Never knowingly understood

Wells off? on 08:55 - Jan 24 with 1943 viewsGloucs_R

Wells off? on 08:19 - Jan 24 by ozranger

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/nottingham-forest-ma

Nothing official but says an approach had been made.

Wells off? on 09:06 - Jan 24 with 1906 viewsGloucs_R

I like Wells, but at the beginning of the season...if you would have told me that we would have ended up with Hugill and a young up-and-coming striker from Brighton then I would have been more than happy. I still think that Hugill has got another 10 goals in him this season if he plays regularly.

I am more concerned about the losing our attacking midfielders if I'm honest.... They've contributed a lot of goals this season and assists.

Wells off? on 09:36 - Jan 24 with 1823 viewsgazza1

All depends what in it for Wells......financially.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024