Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
in the 5 years Before smart motorways....... 72 near miss incidents...... 21:01 - Jan 27 with 960 viewsRangersDave

and in the 5 years after 'smart' motorway modifications 1485 incidents

This is on a stretch of the M25

I totally recommend tonights BBC1 Panorama "Britains Killer Motorways" to see just how badly they are going wrong.

The 'oh sh1t' moment of a dad broken down with his family of 5 kids, as he sees a truck about to rear end him on what was the inside lane is harrowing.

Smart my fecking ass!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

in the 5 years Before smart motorways....... 72 near miss incidents...... on 21:06 - Jan 27 with 934 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

It's the drivers who are thick to be fair. I see people ignoring the lane closed symbol all the time until the last minute. It's a proper nick if you get caught by the way.

I live just off a section of smart motorway and think they are a godsend during rush hour. 72 deaths is horrendous though.
in the 5 years Before smart motorways....... 72 near miss incidents...... on 21:10 - Jan 27 with 925 viewsbosh67

Smart motorways are sh*t, leaving apart stupid drivers. Absolute joke.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

in the 5 years Before smart motorways....... 72 near miss incidents...... on 21:14 - Jan 27 with 916 viewsPunteR

in the 5 years Before smart motorways....... 72 near miss incidents...... on 21:10 - Jan 27 by bosh67

Smart motorways are sh*t, leaving apart stupid drivers. Absolute joke.

This.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

in the 5 years Before smart motorways....... 72 near miss incidents...... on 21:32 - Jan 27 with 891 viewsCamberleyR

in the 5 years Before smart motorways....... 72 near miss incidents...... on 21:06 - Jan 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

It's the drivers who are thick to be fair. I see people ignoring the lane closed symbol all the time until the last minute. It's a proper nick if you get caught by the way.

I live just off a section of smart motorway and think they are a godsend during rush hour. 72 deaths is horrendous though.

I agree a lot of drivers are thick and don't know how to drive on motorways (keep left unless overtaking) but the symbol to indicate a lane to be closed doesn't come up nearly as quick as it should do. I drive on the London bound carriageway of the M3 every morning and I estimate there are a minimum two accidents a week in rush hour between J3 where I get off and the M25 junction at J2. As I mentioned on another thread, I would be shitting myself were I to break down on that stretch of the M3.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

in the 5 years Before smart motorways....... 72 near miss incidents...... on 21:33 - Jan 27 with 882 viewsRangersDave

Panorama says that a 'freedom of info',request says that it sakes up to 17mins to see the breakdown, and another 3 to set the 'smart' signs. lol

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

in the 5 years Before smart motorways....... 72 near miss incidents...... on 21:35 - Jan 27 with 877 viewsJuzzie

You absolutely cannot have a system in place that could be endangered by the human element.
in the 5 years Before smart motorways....... 72 near miss incidents...... on 22:25 - Jan 27 with 805 viewskensalriser

in the 5 years Before smart motorways....... 72 near miss incidents...... on 21:35 - Jan 27 by Juzzie

You absolutely cannot have a system in place that could be endangered by the human element.

In that case, why is driving allowed at all?

We accept that driving can be injurious or fatal, it's just a matter of how best to minimise the risk.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

in the 5 years Before smart motorways....... 72 near miss incidents...... on 22:34 - Jan 27 with 789 viewsBenny_the_Ball

in the 5 years Before smart motorways....... 72 near miss incidents...... on 22:25 - Jan 27 by kensalriser

We accept that driving can be injurious or fatal, it's just a matter of how best to minimise the risk.

And that is achieved by having a hard shoulder so folk can be safe in the event of a breakdown. Is the prospect of a nanny state really worth playing Russian roulette with people's lives?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51236375
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 22:36]
Login to get fewer ads

in the 5 years Before smart motorways....... 72 near miss incidents...... on 22:36 - Jan 27 with 786 viewswombat

in the 5 years Before smart motorways....... 72 near miss incidents...... on 22:25 - Jan 27 by kensalriser

Agree don’t take out a lane which is supposed to give you some sort of safety is one idea , utter madness bringing the smart motorways in the first place

Poll: which is your favouite foot

in the 5 years Before smart motorways....... 72 near miss incidents...... on 23:53 - Jan 27 with 729 viewsNorthernr

Said this the other week. Scandalous idea. All about money of course - widening motorways without actually spending the money to widen them safely while nicking fines off people caught doing 65 in the middle of the night because some prat didn't turn the sign off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024