Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? 20:42 - Feb 4 with 4212 viewsbosh67

Just thinking if we really do have problems up front or anywhere else can we bring in out of contract players?

Was just looking at a story on Marcus Pedersen who is still only 29. Scored 42 goals in 83 games, admittedly over a number of seasons for his previous club abut barely played last year. But there are a few useful goal scorers knocking around without a club. Maybe Oteh can step up but there are a few players out there without a team who may come in short term for peanuts to get some games.

Just a thought.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 21:02 - Feb 4 with 3228 viewsFrankRightguard

Yes we can
Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 22:09 - Feb 4 with 3125 viewsQPR_John

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 21:02 - Feb 4 by FrankRightguard

Yes we can

Of course we can even FIFA/FA/FL could not stop an unemployed person getting a job
Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 22:14 - Feb 4 with 3113 viewsaston_hoop

We can but unless they are planning to play for free, I doubt its worth it at the moment.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 22:43 - Feb 4 with 3063 viewsStanisgod

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 22:09 - Feb 4 by QPR_John

Of course we can even FIFA/FA/FL could not stop an unemployed person getting a job

Yet.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 23:24 - Feb 4 with 2993 viewsLblock

We’ll only be signing out of contract players if access to the account their money goes into each week is given to “special people”

Fair play for looking, sure a Warbs has as well, but no matter how desperate our position becomes I’d say that’s that for anything positive from the club that costs any more money than already tied up contractually

I actually rated Pederson, didn’t know he’s without a club

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 00:04 - Feb 5 with 2947 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Money concerns aside, but if a bloke has been without a club all season, how fit will he be and how long would it take to get fit would be my concern.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 00:12 - Feb 5 with 2940 viewsLythamR

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 00:04 - Feb 5 by PlanetHonneywood

Money concerns aside, but if a bloke has been without a club all season, how fit will he be and how long would it take to get fit would be my concern.

Oteh scored the other day as did the lad we are looking at from Spurs, we should be giving these lads a chance as we are in a pretty comfortable position. No need to spend money on additional players willy nilly
Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 08:55 - Feb 5 with 2786 viewssmegma

We once picked up a kid who didn't have a contract having just been released by Spurs. Ended up getting a testimonial having played over 350 games in about 14 years. If this kid Jonathan is half as good as Danny Maddix , will some of you still be moaning ???
Login to get fewer ads

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 13:34 - Feb 5 with 2640 viewsderbyhoop

Come on Smeg, you know the answer to that.
It does sound like they are lining up Denzeyi but probably won't happen until end of season.
Not a bad start yesterday - a goal and a clean sheet. Mind, a defence also containing Lumley, Rangel and Barbet ought to be able to keep the odd clean sheet at U23 level.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 13:53 - Feb 5 with 2593 viewsWrightUp5hit___

This is the time of the year when all the youngsters, who will be out of contact at the end of the season and unlikely to be offered a new contract, are given the opportunity to find a new club.

We have a lot on loan, and I'm sure a few turning out as trialists for other clubs. As most clubs probably do at the moment.

With our present strategy, be prepared for more trialists, and much huddled muttering at Harlington.
Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 14:24 - Feb 5 with 2541 viewsWestbourneR

As someone who came to Rangers as a kid in the early 90s I think I kind of missed or misunderstood the Maddix thing.

For me it was always McDonald and Peacock at the back. Then, after Peacock left, I started reading about this legendary man-marker Danny Maddix - but all I ever saw was Maddix getting mugged off by Les Ferdinand in Newcastle shirt - and then be part of the team that went down.

He must have been brilliant though as so many of you rave about him as a legend.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 14:37 - Feb 5 with 2509 viewshateley_legend

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 14:24 - Feb 5 by WestbourneR

As someone who came to Rangers as a kid in the early 90s I think I kind of missed or misunderstood the Maddix thing.

For me it was always McDonald and Peacock at the back. Then, after Peacock left, I started reading about this legendary man-marker Danny Maddix - but all I ever saw was Maddix getting mugged off by Les Ferdinand in Newcastle shirt - and then be part of the team that went down.

He must have been brilliant though as so many of you rave about him as a legend.

One of my favourite ever Rangers players. Always seemed such an honest and likeable chap too. A Forever R if ever there was one (can’t remember if he’s in already). Wonder what he’s up to these days?
Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 14:42 - Feb 5 with 2496 viewsNorthernr

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 14:24 - Feb 5 by WestbourneR

I used to prefer Maddix to Peacock when I was a kid. Peacock seemed to fall over at crucial moments rather a lot for my taste.
Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 15:07 - Feb 5 with 2422 viewsLongsufferingR

I remember him as one of those solid, reliable, understated players who most people don't appreciate until they are out of the side and it's then obvious what we're missing. Simon Barker, Gavin Peacock were other examples for me.
Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 15:40 - Feb 5 with 2358 viewsHayesender

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/free-agents-still-ava

Jordon Mutch is available

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 15:56 - Feb 5 with 2330 viewssmegma

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 13:34 - Feb 5 by derbyhoop

Come on Smeg, you know the answer to that.
It does sound like they are lining up Denzeyi but probably won't happen until end of season.
Not a bad start yesterday - a goal and a clean sheet. Mind, a defence also containing Lumley, Rangel and Barbet ought to be able to keep the odd clean sheet at U23 level.

U23s have kept more clean sheets than the first team.
Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 15:58 - Feb 5 with 2318 viewssmegma

You have selective memory if you can only recall ONE GAME against Newcastle.
Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 15:59 - Feb 5 with 2312 viewsMatch82

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 15:56 - Feb 5 by smegma

Pretty low bar!
Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 16:02 - Feb 5 with 2307 viewsLongsufferingR

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 15:56 - Feb 5 by smegma

So have I
Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 16:17 - Feb 5 with 2271 viewssmegma

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 15:59 - Feb 5 by Match82

Pretty low bar!

The Fulham Broadway pikeys have only kept 5 clean sheets.
Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 16:28 - Feb 5 with 2238 viewsMaggsinho

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 14:37 - Feb 5 by hateley_legend

One of my favourite ever Rangers players. Always seemed such an honest and likeable chap too. A Forever R if ever there was one (can’t remember if he’s in already). Wonder what he’s up to these days?

Think he was driving a black cab a few years ago.
Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 06:07 - Feb 6 with 2000 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Maddix was a superb marker, had excellent pace, good positioning and was decent in the air.

Lacked passing ability, but that wasn't as important back then.

I thought he was better than Peacock as well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 06:18 - Feb 6 with 1988 viewsLblock

Recall a game away at Highbury when Ian Wright was on top of his game, probably one of the best strikers in the world at the time. He never got a sniff all game as DM man marked him out of the game. Great defender that lad and a nice fella to boot.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 06:28 - Feb 6 with 1985 viewssevenhoop

Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 15:40 - Feb 5 by Hayesender

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/free-agents-still-ava

Jordon Mutch is available

my god, we did sign some absolute shite for a lot of money for a few years. I remember seeing him and Caulker and trying to convince myself that they must be better than that, but sadly they weren’t
Where do we stand on bringing in out of contract players? on 07:02 - Feb 6 with 1956 viewsHooparoo

Messi is out of contract in June

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024