Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Okay now you're taking the p*ss 12:21 - Feb 13 with 10898 viewsBuckR

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7999603/Millwall-plan-increas

I had a laugh when I saw this and then remembered our own situation!
Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 12:25 - Feb 13 with 7771 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

A compromise from the embarrassed Labour council I would imagine. Ticks boxes for both.
Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 12:59 - Feb 13 with 7627 viewsbob566

somebody stash a few lark eggs quick around the Den.
Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 13:59 - Feb 13 with 7434 viewsJuzzie

Their average attendance over the last 10 years is around 13k. They have a lower tier in the away stand I've never seen used.

I know you have to speculate to accumulate and all that but how on earth is a 30k stadium going to be of use long term?
If they do get in the PL attendance money means fk all anyway, it's all about TV money. I doubt they'd be able to sustain themselves long term in the PL.

Unless they demolish it completely and build one like MK Dons and have a less deep top tier (opposite to what they now have) that can be closed for the 90% of the time it won't be needed.
Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 14:01 - Feb 13 with 7422 viewsMick_S

"Their average attendance over the last 10 years is around 13k. They have a lower tier in the away stand I've never seen used."

How much does that cost them a season?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 15:07 - Feb 13 with 7306 viewsRblockPrior

All jokes aside, it is crazy how long it is taking us to sort a new stadium and training ground out. It has been managed poorly imo, yes there have been complications but surely we should be closer to securing a new ground than we are

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 15:08 - Feb 13 with 7297 viewsdaveB

Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 15:07 - Feb 13 by RblockPrior

All jokes aside, it is crazy how long it is taking us to sort a new stadium and training ground out. It has been managed poorly imo, yes there have been complications but surely we should be closer to securing a new ground than we are

They are redeveloping their current stadium which is different to building a new one
Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 15:57 - Feb 13 with 7215 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 15:07 - Feb 13 by RblockPrior

Fact is: land is at a considerable price-premium in west London compared to Bermondsey!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 16:25 - Feb 13 with 7177 viewsRblockPrior

Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 15:57 - Feb 13 by PlanetHonneywood

Fact is: land is at a considerable price-premium in west London compared to Bermondsey!

That I understand but for me the issue is the fact we don't seem to be any closer with a ground than we were when all the pictures are plans we shown to fans years ago. It has gone very silent, I think they would have been better to keep quiet until we had something concrete rather than show all these plans getting fans hopes up

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Login to get fewer ads

Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 17:22 - Feb 13 with 7081 viewsdaveB

Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 16:25 - Feb 13 by RblockPrior

That I understand but for me the issue is the fact we don't seem to be any closer with a ground than we were when all the pictures are plans we shown to fans years ago. It has gone very silent, I think they would have been better to keep quiet until we had something concrete rather than show all these plans getting fans hopes up

We never owned the land we wanted to build on so always going to take years, same issue now with Linford christie. Millwall have been fighting this for several years and even if redevelopment happens it will still take at least 5/10 years
Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 18:59 - Feb 13 with 6963 viewsJuzzie

And it’s taken them 16 years to be able to even start thinking about doing it due to stumbling blocks during that time.

We’ve only just begun...... as the song goes.
Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 19:14 - Feb 13 with 6923 viewsFredManRave

Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 15:08 - Feb 13 by daveB

They are redeveloping their current stadium which is different to building a new one

Will it be called the New Improved Den?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 19:44 - Feb 13 with 6834 viewsCaptainPugwash

Arrrrrrrrrr...
It be takin' a speshul kind o' masokist who "battle to stay in Lewisham"

Yo Ho!
Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 19:46 - Feb 13 with 6830 viewsSir_Chops

That doesn't have to get in the way. Interesting concept on Loftus Road redevelopment here shows it is possible:

https://www.michaeldrain.com/projects

Given the choice of staying or having a new ground, I'd rather stay and redevelop.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 20:35]
Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 10:30 - Feb 14 with 6565 viewsSir_Chops

More direct link here with more renderings:

https://www.michaeldrain.com/project/qpr-stadium-loftus-road#1
Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 11:14 - Feb 14 with 6515 viewsPikey

Nice drawings
But what is the development cost
What's the new capacity
What facilities included to make £££ on non match days

Most important what leg room in the seats
Etc etc
Would be great if it were possible
Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 11:48 - Feb 14 with 6461 viewsMytch_QPR

Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 10:30 - Feb 14 by Sir_Chops

More direct link here with more renderings:

https://www.michaeldrain.com/project/qpr-stadium-loftus-road#1

Can't help thinking that this was from Briatore's 'boutique' era - note the old logo. Looks like no increased capacity per se, just loads of executive boxes and roof terrace bar. We have a job getting people in the boxes / restaurant now. Funnily enough, the one way we might squeeze a few more seats into SAR would be removal of the exec boxes plus a possible overhang over the road (like Aston Villa's Trinity Rd stand) - think Clive has mentioned this before.

Only other way is safe standing areas.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 11:51]

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 12:38 - Feb 14 with 6378 viewsSir_Chops

Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 11:48 - Feb 14 by Mytch_QPR

Can't help thinking that this was from Briatore's 'boutique' era - note the old logo. Looks like no increased capacity per se, just loads of executive boxes and roof terrace bar. We have a job getting people in the boxes / restaurant now. Funnily enough, the one way we might squeeze a few more seats into SAR would be removal of the exec boxes plus a possible overhang over the road (like Aston Villa's Trinity Rd stand) - think Clive has mentioned this before.

Only other way is safe standing areas.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 11:51]

Reckon you're right Mytch. All the same, if Hoos keeps saying sustainability hinges on getting non-matchday revenues, then this plan at least shows how space could be created. It doesn't have to be all corporate boxes.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 12:45]
Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 12:44 - Feb 18 with 6109 viewsSir_Chops

This shows that it is possible to meet Hoos’ objectives in terms of non-match revenue (looking at the over ambitious hospitality proposed by extending upwards) and potential to increase seating beyond this design as highlighted above. I mean the concept of selling the Loftus Road site and buying one which is twice that area (for twice the price?) to build a rose-bowl stadium will put any new stadium viability on a back foot from day one in comparison before anything is even built, unless the intention is for the board to sell LR and the club to not own any new site that it moves to (if it ever does move).
Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 12:57 - Feb 18 with 6045 viewsbosh67

I think we should reduce our capacity to 13,500 and have every seat as a recliner Parker Knoll. One of those with a food tray on one side, foot rest and pop out TV if it's all going tits up on the pitch.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 13:06 - Feb 18 with 6020 viewsBklynRanger

Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 12:38 - Feb 14 by Sir_Chops

Reckon you're right Mytch. All the same, if Hoos keeps saying sustainability hinges on getting non-matchday revenues, then this plan at least shows how space could be created. It doesn't have to be all corporate boxes.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 12:45]

Agree - wonder what that thing could hold if we turned all of Flavio's planned boutique cuddle-suites into proper seats? It seems to be looking to exploit the curve of SA Road and the relatively low profile of the Ellerslie.

I've actually forgotten most of the long-standing explanations for why we can't expand LR but I know they exist. Just feel that a decent improvement in facilities and in increase of 7k capacity can't be that out of the realm of possibility? Ok ok I know we've been over it and apparently it is....
Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 13:06 - Feb 18 with 6017 viewssmegma

Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 12:57 - Feb 18 by bosh67

I think we should reduce our capacity to 13,500 and have every seat as a recliner Parker Knoll. One of those with a food tray on one side, foot rest and pop out TV if it's all going tits up on the pitch.

If?? IFFFF?

When.
Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 14:44 - Feb 18 with 5836 viewsSir_Chops

Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 13:06 - Feb 18 by BklynRanger

Agree - wonder what that thing could hold if we turned all of Flavio's planned boutique cuddle-suites into proper seats? It seems to be looking to exploit the curve of SA Road and the relatively low profile of the Ellerslie.

I've actually forgotten most of the long-standing explanations for why we can't expand LR but I know they exist. Just feel that a decent improvement in facilities and in increase of 7k capacity can't be that out of the realm of possibility? Ok ok I know we've been over it and apparently it is....

We have been told that Loftus Road isn’t sustainable for QPR, but this alone makes me question that message. There Could be other reasons why those in control may not consider LR to be an option aside from what is physically possible to build.
Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 14:54 - Feb 18 with 5805 viewsqueensparker

Of the many mistakes Chris Wright made when he was here, not buying the land behind the away end when it was available was by far the worst.

Even if we just stuck a conference centre and a nice restaurant on it, called it "QPR", built a corridor to the ground, and rented it out all year, we could have stayed at Loftus Road as I'm not really sure we need that many more seats anyway.
Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 14:56 - Feb 18 with 5799 viewsSir_Chops

Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 14:54 - Feb 18 by queensparker

Of the many mistakes Chris Wright made when he was here, not buying the land behind the away end when it was available was by far the worst.

Even if we just stuck a conference centre and a nice restaurant on it, called it "QPR", built a corridor to the ground, and rented it out all year, we could have stayed at Loftus Road as I'm not really sure we need that many more seats anyway.

Agreed regarding Chris Wright. Those plans on the architect website show how a conference centre could be provided without the land behind the school end.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 14:59]
Okay now you're taking the p*ss on 15:46 - Feb 18 with 5692 viewsjoe90

I live in the area and the demographic has changed. If you look around Peckham, Camberwell, New Cross, Deptford, Brockley etc lots of affluent 30 somethings moving to the area having kids, Millwall should be the go to team. They do a lot in the community, and were very active in supporting the protest against the closure of Lewisham hospital. If you look at how London Bridge and Deptford Stn have been redeveloped the plans for the Den do not look out of place at all.

However, the new demographic I mention probably wouldn't want to take their kids to Millwall, haha, too snobby!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024