Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January 14:06 - Feb 13 with 6772 viewsNorthernr

25 min video on the offish. Only just watching it now so not sure whether they resort to getting the finger puppets out. The twitter reaction so far has been a mixture of "fck off" and "awful body language" so that's worked then.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/hoos-ferdinand-and-warburton-discuss-jan
Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 10:24 - Feb 14 with 1419 viewsdaveB

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 00:38 - Feb 14 by superhoopdownunder

Lee Hoos did not mention promotion to the Premier League as an option when speaking of how to increase our income. If he's not thinking of it and the focus is all on balancing the books - I don't think he is prepared to take any risks and therefore I don't see much changing any time soon. Our transfer dealings in January support this.

Interesting to hear how difficult it is to keep talented youngsters from the bigger clubs and how Brentford and Huddersfield have got rid of their Academy and have a B team instead. I wonder is this something we are looking at implementing?

He did mention that we could gamble on going up but there was no guarantee that would work either and if it didn't we'd be right in the shit
Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 10:40 - Feb 14 with 1400 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 09:24 - Feb 14 by Willy_WonkR

Obviously the Premiership money helps Burnley but one of the reasons (I understand) they got there and then returned so quickly was because of Hoos and his part in setting the club up in a financially stable position. I don't think that the starting position was as low as ours and was therefore easier to achieve the stability but he does have a legacy there.

Hoos has said countless times that he was able to use Burnley's ground to develop tons more revenue than he's able to at LR. Sadly, Stainrod's hearing is selective when it comes to Hoos.
Our average attendance in 93/94 was about 14,000. I went to games back then, in the Prem, that barely scraped over 10,000 (Oldham I remember well).

Bare bones.

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 11:07 - Feb 14 with 1351 viewsW7Ranger

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 15:05 - Feb 13 by slmrstid

You can add Facebook comments to the list of stupid responses to everything the club puts out!

Oh the joys of QPR fans on FB!!

Just this week someone claimed that Manning had the highest assists in the League, yet can't get a game! Said he'd heard this from a sky commentator during our game with Huddersfield last Saturday!!

Yesterday I also saw another poster claim that we'd bought Marc Pugh for £1.35m and he was on £30k per week!!

Give me strength!

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 14:02 - Feb 14 with 1182 viewsNorthernr

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 09:30 - Feb 14 by timcocking

They have an absolutely thankless task.

I swear to Christ mind you, they seem make it much harder for themselves sometimes with the daft things they do. Like resting our best players and going out of the cup every sodding time (no need to defend dropping BOS, i'm simply not having that for a moment).

They should be going all out to get standing, that'd bring the atmosphere straight back and get us rocking and rolling again and trying to win every cup.

In terms of the team and the football this year, i still think we've been an absolute pleasure to watch a lot of the time all things considered.

There's a consultation on rail seating (would you want it, where would you want it etc) coming down the pipes from the club fairly shortly I believe.
Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 14:32 - Feb 14 with 1121 viewsterryb

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 14:02 - Feb 14 by Northernr

There's a consultation on rail seating (would you want it, where would you want it etc) coming down the pipes from the club fairly shortly I believe.

Isn't this meant to be "hush hush" at the moment?

How much could this increase the capacity by? Would the cost of implementation be covered by that increase?
Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 14:34 - Feb 14 with 1113 viewsSimonJames

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 14:11 - Feb 13 by PinnerPaul

TBH - you could say we're signing DeBruyne, building a new stadium and training ground and paying everyone £500 each to turn up next season and you would still get negative reaction on 'social media'

Wasn't it you who highlighted some numpty complaining about the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium signage on twitter.?

Thank God I'm an old(ish) dinosaur who doesn't go on there!

I wouldn't be surprised if certain Brentford fans had fake social media profiles purporting to be QPR fans, just so they can kick up a stink about everything that is published.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 14:51 - Feb 14 with 1080 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 14:32 - Feb 14 by terryb

Isn't this meant to be "hush hush" at the moment?

How much could this increase the capacity by? Would the cost of implementation be covered by that increase?

Probably wouldn't change anything in terms of numbers.

The rail systems I have seen, all have a seat which is moved up to allow standing.

Plus ca change?

Of course standing would improve the atmosphere (esp Lower Loft)Spent many seasons standing on the Loft, but by god my knees and back wouldn't handle standing for a couple of hours nowadays.
Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 15:40 - Feb 14 with 1007 viewsNewBee

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 20:02 - Feb 13 by stainrods_elbow

Having watched and digested that rather depressive/downbeat little exercise in 'expectations management', what I would say, leaving aside the rights and wrongs of FFS (sorry FFP), what we can/can't afford, how much/little ambition we have etc. is the politics and timing of it is interesting. As a hopefully moderately intelligent/inquisitive being, I don't think I learned too much from it, though I guess there's a bit of kudos to them doing it at all. The basic components - we have to work within FFP and I can't be arsed to say it all again; there are reasons why other clubs are/seem to be spending more than we do/can; everything we do, we do for the club - are hardly object lessons in self-critique. One thing that would be interesting would be if a situation arises where Warburton is over-ruled on a player sale/purchase, say - though he seems almost preternatually predisposed to working in with Les and Lee, come what may, which is probably a big reason why he was hired. If they were singing any more closely from the same songsheet, they'd coalesce into one body!

At the same time, whatever the 'on' content of the message, and wherever we stand on the club's direction and decisions, the poster who tells us all to 'back off' and 'leave them too it' makes me despair. Try at least to keep some semblance of a critical/analytical tongue in your head, man! By your logic, there wouldn't be need for supporters at all, and football clubs would just be private companies. Oscar Wilde put it well - whenever anyone agrees with me, I think I must be wrong! It's a nice default (call it sceptical irony) to have regarding the foregoing.

Hoos may or may not be 'telling it like it is', but, rightly or wrongly, it won't be news there's just something about the man I can't warm to or fully trust. Perhaps my intuitions are right; perhaps they're wrong. I don't like the way he's always telling us Loftus Road is somehow undevelopable/unprofitable/an albatross round our neck, rather than doing what he should be doing and maximising every bit of revenue it can generate, while talking in a transparent way to the Council and us about their stated aim (sincere or not) to help develop it. The failure to purchase the land behind the School End has been pointed out, and it seems that ship has sailed. But, and I'll say it again, even if we truly cannot develop up, out or down (leaving aside the imminent advent of safe standing), the likes of Bournemouth have been competitive in the Premiership with even smaller average crowds, while Burnley and Watford have similar capacities to ours. But all of that is to some extent relatively important anyway, as Hoos also seems wilfully blind to the fact that it's sponsorship, Sky and all the other emoluments that go with Premiership membership that are where the big money is. (I wish to God someone - Clive? - would call him out on this just once, because I think he and others have the kind of politician's mind-set that, if you say something often enough, it somehow makes it true.) And, call me old-fashioned, I don't want a moneyman who grew up thousands of miles from LR telling me why I have to accept his fiscal (non-)arguments for leaving the soul/crucible of the club I love behind. Mind you, like Warren Farm, that whole propaganda drive on behalf of a new stadium that it seems it's impossible to question whether we need (Hoos himself says, wrongly, we were only getting 14k crowds in the Premiership, but we will/have never attracted 25-30k crowds on a consistent basis), seems to have gone strangely quiet of late.

Some proper journalistic questions I'd have liked to seen asked might have included:

1. How does the Director of Football feel about how buying players like Bidwell, Lynch, Sylla, Scowen, Gladwin, Luongo et al., ostensibly to develop them and sell them on at a profit and then, er, fail to, sit with him? Who takes responsibility for that strategic failure? Woudl that be down to the mangers they've trumpeted as triumphs then sacked for doing their job (Holloway) or not (JFH, McClaren)? And, as a rider, why does the club now routinely fail to disclose to the paying public (that's us fans) the fees it does/doesn't receive for our players, so we, the fans, can scrutinise those deals on our own behalf?

2. Given that it's not actually controversial that our squad is significantly lighter post-window (net loss of 5 players, last time I checked), what size of squad does the manager want/the Board envision going into the next season. What would the response be to widespread complaints that the club seems effectively to be sacking off the rest of the season here? (Does MW think we are now safe from relegation?)

3. Just tell us once and for all, Lee, and we know you don't pick the team, if the club is so desperate for funds, why does it continue to play weakened teams in both cup competitions? From a business point of view, how much money does the club lose by failing to progress beyond the first round/couple of rounds since about 1457?

4. What do you think the implications are of constantly telling the world 'all our players are for sale' in relation to earning competitive fees for them, not to mention cultivating the interest of younger fans you say you aspire to?

5. No (5). Sorry, I'll do the decent thing, and 'back off' now. After all, QPR is a cult, not a club with quizzical adults in attendance!

I wish I felt better now! It wasn't a terrible panel, though one wonders what it would take to put a smile on Warbs' face, I find myself always feeling uneasy when Hoos starts blustering, and Les I usually end up wanting to share a man hug with.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 20:14]

Re. Stainrod's Elbow:
"... the likes of Bournemouth have been competitive in the Premiership with even smaller average crowds, while Burnley and Watford have similar capacities to ours. But all of that is to some extent relatively important anyway, as Hoos also seems wilfully blind to the fact that it's sponsorship, Sky and all the other emoluments that go with Premiership membership that are where the big money is."

As Rasmus Ankerssen (Co-Director of Football at Brentford) always says, the Championship is FAR more unequal financially than the PL.

In the PL, TV money is by some way the biggest revenue generator, and there isn't that much of a difference between what the top and bottom clubs receive, relatively speaking.

Whereas in the Championship, TV money is not nearly so significant. Of course, there is a big difference between eg Leeds pulling in 40k crowds and someone like eg Brentford, limited to 12k crowds.

But clubs such as those suffer far more from the inequality created by parachute payments going to other clubs which, by definition, have already also had a spell in the PL. (I think I'm right in saying that around half the clubs in the Championship are currently in receipt of parachute money, or have done very recently?)

So that if you are in receipt of parachute payments, you can use the money to go back up, hence 'yo yo' clubs. But if you've not got them, nor never have, how do you compete for promotion against those who do, since the resulting relative inequality is far greater than that experienced by PL clubs?

Which, btw, is why RA feels Brentford could compete in the PL if only we could get there in the first place, at least with the new stadium in operation.
Login to get fewer ads

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 16:06 - Feb 14 with 971 viewsPinnerPaul

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 20:02 - Feb 13 by stainrods_elbow

Having watched and digested that rather depressive/downbeat little exercise in 'expectations management', what I would say, leaving aside the rights and wrongs of FFS (sorry FFP), what we can/can't afford, how much/little ambition we have etc. is the politics and timing of it is interesting. As a hopefully moderately intelligent/inquisitive being, I don't think I learned too much from it, though I guess there's a bit of kudos to them doing it at all. The basic components - we have to work within FFP and I can't be arsed to say it all again; there are reasons why other clubs are/seem to be spending more than we do/can; everything we do, we do for the club - are hardly object lessons in self-critique. One thing that would be interesting would be if a situation arises where Warburton is over-ruled on a player sale/purchase, say - though he seems almost preternatually predisposed to working in with Les and Lee, come what may, which is probably a big reason why he was hired. If they were singing any more closely from the same songsheet, they'd coalesce into one body!

At the same time, whatever the 'on' content of the message, and wherever we stand on the club's direction and decisions, the poster who tells us all to 'back off' and 'leave them too it' makes me despair. Try at least to keep some semblance of a critical/analytical tongue in your head, man! By your logic, there wouldn't be need for supporters at all, and football clubs would just be private companies. Oscar Wilde put it well - whenever anyone agrees with me, I think I must be wrong! It's a nice default (call it sceptical irony) to have regarding the foregoing.

Hoos may or may not be 'telling it like it is', but, rightly or wrongly, it won't be news there's just something about the man I can't warm to or fully trust. Perhaps my intuitions are right; perhaps they're wrong. I don't like the way he's always telling us Loftus Road is somehow undevelopable/unprofitable/an albatross round our neck, rather than doing what he should be doing and maximising every bit of revenue it can generate, while talking in a transparent way to the Council and us about their stated aim (sincere or not) to help develop it. The failure to purchase the land behind the School End has been pointed out, and it seems that ship has sailed. But, and I'll say it again, even if we truly cannot develop up, out or down (leaving aside the imminent advent of safe standing), the likes of Bournemouth have been competitive in the Premiership with even smaller average crowds, while Burnley and Watford have similar capacities to ours. But all of that is to some extent relatively important anyway, as Hoos also seems wilfully blind to the fact that it's sponsorship, Sky and all the other emoluments that go with Premiership membership that are where the big money is. (I wish to God someone - Clive? - would call him out on this just once, because I think he and others have the kind of politician's mind-set that, if you say something often enough, it somehow makes it true.) And, call me old-fashioned, I don't want a moneyman who grew up thousands of miles from LR telling me why I have to accept his fiscal (non-)arguments for leaving the soul/crucible of the club I love behind. Mind you, like Warren Farm, that whole propaganda drive on behalf of a new stadium that it seems it's impossible to question whether we need (Hoos himself says, wrongly, we were only getting 14k crowds in the Premiership, but we will/have never attracted 25-30k crowds on a consistent basis), seems to have gone strangely quiet of late.

Some proper journalistic questions I'd have liked to seen asked might have included:

1. How does the Director of Football feel about how buying players like Bidwell, Lynch, Sylla, Scowen, Gladwin, Luongo et al., ostensibly to develop them and sell them on at a profit and then, er, fail to, sit with him? Who takes responsibility for that strategic failure? Woudl that be down to the mangers they've trumpeted as triumphs then sacked for doing their job (Holloway) or not (JFH, McClaren)? And, as a rider, why does the club now routinely fail to disclose to the paying public (that's us fans) the fees it does/doesn't receive for our players, so we, the fans, can scrutinise those deals on our own behalf?

2. Given that it's not actually controversial that our squad is significantly lighter post-window (net loss of 5 players, last time I checked), what size of squad does the manager want/the Board envision going into the next season. What would the response be to widespread complaints that the club seems effectively to be sacking off the rest of the season here? (Does MW think we are now safe from relegation?)

3. Just tell us once and for all, Lee, and we know you don't pick the team, if the club is so desperate for funds, why does it continue to play weakened teams in both cup competitions? From a business point of view, how much money does the club lose by failing to progress beyond the first round/couple of rounds since about 1457?

4. What do you think the implications are of constantly telling the world 'all our players are for sale' in relation to earning competitive fees for them, not to mention cultivating the interest of younger fans you say you aspire to?

5. No (5). Sorry, I'll do the decent thing, and 'back off' now. After all, QPR is a cult, not a club with quizzical adults in attendance!

I wish I felt better now! It wasn't a terrible panel, though one wonders what it would take to put a smile on Warbs' face, I find myself always feeling uneasy when Hoos starts blustering, and Les I usually end up wanting to share a man hug with.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 20:14]

I'll pick you up on one thing - probably not what you expect - Bournemouth and their tiny ground - its not because they sell deckchairs in their spare time or any fancy business policy - they are owned by a Russian billionaire and now of course have had consecutive years on PL money.

You moan about the club not developing the ground or moving quicker on a new one but praise Bournemouth and their smaller than ours stadium?
Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 16:16 - Feb 14 with 959 viewsjonno

All makes total sense, apart from the subtitles which appear to have been typed by a dyslexic.
Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 17:56 - Feb 14 with 894 viewsDejR_vu

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 08:17 - Feb 14 by ozranger

Speaking of FFP and fine/points deductions, has there been anything more on this with Birmingham?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51013181

I think our position is that of having been caught once we are now more under the microscope than other clubs and thus similar with Brum.

I’d imagine the FL league are waiting until later in the season so that they can make sure they move them down from 13th to 15th again. That will really put the sh1ts up them. “Ooh, we’ve been moved down two places, that’s shown us, we’ll definitely not do that again if we’re going to move down two whole places to 15th. F@ck me sideways with a shovel, how are we going to cope?”

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 17:58 - Feb 14 with 891 viewsTW_R

Oh my God - did anyone read the subtitles on this. They are f*cking hilarious. Not sure if it's been done deliberately or not to make this more fun to watch.

Couple of examples:-

@ 3:18 - Warburton says "Did we want to lose Nahki, absolutely not. He scores goals...."

Subtitles say - "Doing Lou's nightly absolutely no iscause goals..."

@ 5:22 - Les says - "It was nice to keep hold of those young players that we feel are showing a lot of promise and we think will further their development here at QPR"

Subtitles say - "So it was nice to be able to keep hold of the life that I was. Young players that way feel showing a lot of promising dumb. We think Wolf will further the development here in Cuba"
Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 17:59 - Feb 14 with 891 viewsDejR_vu

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 08:44 - Feb 14 by TheChef

What I hear is Wednesday are about to get done for fraud; so never mind the legal repercussions, expect the EFL to come down on them like a ton of bricks....

This from a Wigan fan at work, so keep it under yer hat, like.

“Expect the efl to come down on them like a ton of bricks”

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 18:24 - Feb 14 with 870 viewsDejR_vu

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 17:59 - Feb 14 by DejR_vu

“Expect the efl to come down on them like a ton of bricks”

Let’s face it, we’ve been hit by a perfect storm of football sh1t:

- EPPP means we’ll never have a chance of producing another Raheem Sterling;
- FFP means we can’t spend, even if the owners wanted to;
- We can’t earn much through ticket sales because we have a small stadium;
- We can’t earn non match day revenue from the stadium;
- The stadium is horrendously expensive to run;
- We have to rent a training ground because of the mess the last idiot to f@ck us up left behind;
- We have to rent another site to house the academy (even though EPPP effectively limits any profit we can make on the players it produces);
- Then, to put the cherry on top, we’ve been blessed with absolute clowns as owners who have ballsed up not one, but two, golden opportunities that would have meant none of the above mattered.... and spent half a billion £ doing it.

Oh, my, f@cking, god.

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 19:14 - Feb 14 with 836 viewsNewBee

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 09:12 - Feb 14 by kingo

The Wednesday/Derby situation is interesting. A discussion on 606 a while back said the the EFL under good old Shaun HarveyLUFC had told clubs that it was within the rules to sell their grounds. However they have now realised the error but do not have the financial resources to go to court. The EFL are basically in a real mess as other clubs, including Boro and us by the look of it, are monitoring the situation and time is running out.

The EFL may have confirmed that clubs may sell and lease back their stadium to a connected party, but I'm pretty sure they didn't say they could do so at a ridiculously inflated valuation.

Derby valued Pride Park at £80m for the purposes of this trick, yet it had been valued in the previous accounts at a little over half of that figure! (£41m, iirc?)

Which is why the EFL are carrying out an independent valuation of their own.

Otoh, they are also speculating that if the stadium is indeed worth £80m, isn't the football club being under-charged in rent?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/11802891/derby-county-defend-80m-p
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 19:21]
Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 16:31 - Feb 16 with 631 viewsTGRRRSSS

I wonder how many people desperately wanted to hire Turf Moor for events?

Not sure how big it is etc, but it'd be helpful if he explained a bit what he (Hoos) did.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024