Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next season, the next crop of youngsters 09:09 - Mar 1 with 3310 viewsGloucs_R

One for Smeggy and anyone else who watches the U23s....

Who is likely to step up to the first team next season and have we seen the last of Nico and Kakay?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/2-emerging-qpr-talents-that-could-save-the-clu

Ben Wells, on paper, had the pedigree but don't know if he's impressed yet?

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 09:17 - Mar 1 with 3270 viewssmegma

One name for definite. Midfielder Amrit Bansal-McNulty. I have spoken to some of the parents and coaching staff at under 23 level and they all agree. I spoke to Richard Langley yesterday and he says he's been told the same as well by the same staff. Just been on loan at Dartford where he scored and had 2 assists on his debut away at Chippenham as they went 5-1 up in 33 minutes. Unfortunately got a second yellow in the second half. One Dartford fan online said it's one of THE best debuts he's ever seen at any level of football. But he only got 8/10 in the papers !!! Centre back Joe Gubbins isn't far away at the age of 18 either.
Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 09:36 - Mar 1 with 3203 viewssmegma

BTW that is one of the most poorly written articles you will ever read. I guess it's by someone for whom English is a second language.
Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 09:43 - Mar 1 with 3179 viewsbosh67

I am hoping Smyth can make the step up when he comes back next season. I've also heard that Mcnulty is a bit special. I also have high hopes for Alfa. He reminds me a bit of BOS but more central. Again has real pace.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 09:51 - Mar 1 with 3148 viewsDejR_vu

I would have thought to get anywhere near the first team squad you’d need to have had a good loan spell at League One level atleast, or, like Chair, absolutely torn it up at League Two.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 14:08 - Mar 1 with 2809 viewsrsonist

Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 09:51 - Mar 1 by DejR_vu

I would have thought to get anywhere near the first team squad you’d need to have had a good loan spell at League One level atleast, or, like Chair, absolutely torn it up at League Two.

Hopefully Ollie at Grimsby (working wonders btw) will give us a regular and trusty platform at that level.

Think we're all looking forward to seeing Smyth back next season. Praying the club feel the same, especially bearing in mind the BOS situation.

Faysal Bettache also looked very talented on his debut a couple of seasons back.
Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 14:10 - Mar 1 with 2803 viewsrsonist

Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 09:17 - Mar 1 by smegma

One name for definite. Midfielder Amrit Bansal-McNulty. I have spoken to some of the parents and coaching staff at under 23 level and they all agree. I spoke to Richard Langley yesterday and he says he's been told the same as well by the same staff. Just been on loan at Dartford where he scored and had 2 assists on his debut away at Chippenham as they went 5-1 up in 33 minutes. Unfortunately got a second yellow in the second half. One Dartford fan online said it's one of THE best debuts he's ever seen at any level of football. But he only got 8/10 in the papers !!! Centre back Joe Gubbins isn't far away at the age of 18 either.

It looks as though Langley is an agent now, or something like one. Does he represent any of our youngsters?
Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 14:43 - Mar 1 with 2726 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Don't forget Charlie Owen's, was very much in Warburtons plans until his injury.
Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 15:04 - Mar 1 with 2649 viewskingo

Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 14:08 - Mar 1 by rsonist

Hopefully Ollie at Grimsby (working wonders btw) will give us a regular and trusty platform at that level.

Think we're all looking forward to seeing Smyth back next season. Praying the club feel the same, especially bearing in mind the BOS situation.

Faysal Bettache also looked very talented on his debut a couple of seasons back.

I watched Paul at Wycombe v Bristol Rovers: Only a sub but he didn’t impress if I’m honest.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Login to get fewer ads

Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 11:16 - Mar 2 with 2318 viewsfrancisbowles

Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 15:04 - Mar 1 by kingo

I watched Paul at Wycombe v Bristol Rovers: Only a sub but he didn’t impress if I’m honest.

I don't share the faith in Smyth. At best, I think he will be a bit part player for us.

He is talented with the ball, is very fast and can be dangerous around the box but he is very small and I think he will find it hard to get into games when he starts and therefore won't be consistent enough to be a regular.

He has already shown that he can be an impact sub as he can really test teams when the game gets stretched. So he could become a decent squad player for us next season.
Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 21:39 - Mar 3 with 2037 viewsozranger

Tonight, although I missed the game as I didn't even know it was on, Dartford beat up on Phoenix Sports in the Kent Cup Semi-Final. Amrit Bansal McNulty netted the fourth in the 5-1 win and was also awarded the player of the match. Wish I was there tonight.
Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 22:01 - Mar 3 with 1996 viewsloftboy

Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 11:16 - Mar 2 by francisbowles

I don't share the faith in Smyth. At best, I think he will be a bit part player for us.

He is talented with the ball, is very fast and can be dangerous around the box but he is very small and I think he will find it hard to get into games when he starts and therefore won't be consistent enough to be a regular.

He has already shown that he can be an impact sub as he can really test teams when the game gets stretched. So he could become a decent squad player for us next season.

Chair isn’t exactly a giant and look what he’s done after a spell lower down.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 22:30 - Mar 3 with 1943 viewsCiderwithRsie

Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 22:01 - Mar 3 by loftboy

I don't see the need for bulk in a winger. Nippy little blokes with low centre of gravity always seemed a part of the game.
Next season on 03:30 - Mar 4 with 1811 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Who do we think will be here next season?
Will we keep the bulk of this team together? (assuming loans go back)
Who would you want us to keep?
Does anyone know when contracts end for our players?

Below is the squad
Goalkeepers
Lumley
Kelly
Dieng
Barnes

Defence
Hall
Barbet
Masterson
Wallace
Kane
Rangel
Manning
Kakay
BFG
Niko

Midfield
Amos (Loan)
Cameron
Owens
Chair
Eze
Pugh
Shopido
Clarke (Loan)
BOS

Strikers
Hugill (Loan)
Oteh
Smyth
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 3:31]
Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 07:38 - Mar 4 with 1645 viewsGloucs_R

My guess would be

Below is the squad
Goalkeepers, I think we will sell one...
Lumley
Kelly
Dieng
Barnes

Defence
Hall, release
Barbet
Masterson
Wallace
Kane
Rangel, release
Manning, sell
Kakay, release
BFG, sell if we can
Niko

Midfield
Amos (Loan), return
Cameron, release
Owens
Chair
Eze, sell
Pugh
Shopido
Clarke (Loan), he'll be back on loan
BOS, sell

Strikers
Hugill (Loan), return
Oteh
Smyth

So another massive summer. CB, RB, DM, Winger, 2 x strikers
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 7:40]

Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 09:12 - Mar 4 with 1517 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 07:38 - Mar 4 by Gloucs_R

My guess would be

Below is the squad
Goalkeepers, I think we will sell one...
Lumley
Kelly
Dieng
Barnes

Defence
Hall, release
Barbet
Masterson
Wallace
Kane
Rangel, release
Manning, sell
Kakay, release
BFG, sell if we can
Niko

Midfield
Amos (Loan), return
Cameron, release
Owens
Chair
Eze, sell
Pugh
Shopido
Clarke (Loan), he'll be back on loan
BOS, sell

Strikers
Hugill (Loan), return
Oteh
Smyth

So another massive summer. CB, RB, DM, Winger, 2 x strikers
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 7:40]

Although Les was recently quoted as saying there shouldn't need to be a major overhaul in the summer I think.
Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 09:20 - Mar 4 with 1503 viewsEsox_Lucius

Nathan Carlyle & Jake Frailing are two who have impressed me when I have watched highlight/ reruns of their games and just maybe, Charley Kendall will fulfill his potential.

The grass is always greener.

Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 09:33 - Mar 4 with 1473 viewsBlue_Castello

Looking at Gloucs Rs list of players that could be sold or released looks quite scary if we are going to stay in the Championship next year and progress. It almost seems inevitable that Eze will go to the Premiership but that has to be on our terms and we get £20 million plus for him.
If I read the accounts correctly once that deal is done we are not under any pressure to sell any other player and we should be trying to keep Manning and BOS for one more season, that said if they won't sign another contract then reluctantly they have to be sold.

MW and LF did a great job last Summer with their transfer dealings managing to put together a squad that can compete whilst only buying Kelly for I think 50k. This Summer it will be even more challenging depending on who stays and what transfer fees we achieve, let's hope we end up with a squad similar to this year that has quality experience and youth all through the squad.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 9:38]
Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 09:43 - Mar 4 with 1442 viewsfrancisbowles

Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 22:01 - Mar 3 by loftboy

He's a lot stronger though and probably capable of giving more to the team defensively.
Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 09:48 - Mar 4 with 1423 viewsDWQPR

The great benefit of having Warburton as manager is that he certainly has the ability to develop players or see something in players that maybe other managers either cannot see or haven't got the patience to develop or are too concerned about getting immediate results by signing players at inflated prices. Dom Ball for example, free from Rotherham, totally underwhelming signing but starting to progress quite nicely and certainly has some leadership abilities, no little skill on the ball and a real calmness. Now if we were to sell him, how many would now be a bit miffed if the fee didn't come close to what we got for Furlong? The only signing that we made last summer that has disappointed me has been Todd Kane, but the potential is certainly there I feel. So given that we signed 15 players, to have one potential dud is bloody good business. I also believe that Chair will develop more without Eze in the side, and could certainly become the real diamond in the pack.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 09:53 - Mar 4 with 1414 viewsGloucs_R

Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 09:33 - Mar 4 by Blue_Castello

Looking at Gloucs Rs list of players that could be sold or released looks quite scary if we are going to stay in the Championship next year and progress. It almost seems inevitable that Eze will go to the Premiership but that has to be on our terms and we get £20 million plus for him.
If I read the accounts correctly once that deal is done we are not under any pressure to sell any other player and we should be trying to keep Manning and BOS for one more season, that said if they won't sign another contract then reluctantly they have to be sold.

MW and LF did a great job last Summer with their transfer dealings managing to put together a squad that can compete whilst only buying Kelly for I think 50k. This Summer it will be even more challenging depending on who stays and what transfer fees we achieve, let's hope we end up with a squad similar to this year that has quality experience and youth all through the squad.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 9:38]

11 out 6 in would be my guess. but some of those going are French players who have never really made an impact on the first team squad.

I just cannot see them giving a new contract to Rangel and Cameron.

1 too many keepers.

my gut feeling is that who will be on quite large wages.

Kakay doesn't seem to make the breakthrough and I believe his contract is up.

BFG will sell to get his wages off the books, if they can.

It could be a big season 4 Nico next year.

I'm not entirely convinced that Kane is going to be there any option for right back.

As you mentioned Eze, manning and bos will all likely go go to a premier League club. Especially with the latter to only having a year left on their contracts.

So I estimate we would receive around 37 million in transfer fees this summer. I guess I would say we would probably spend around 15 million to replenish the squad.

I suspect we've been watching the Scottish striker at Dundee and also the defender at Aberdeen. There were rumours of us signing an under 23 player from Tottenham who plays in defence too. Then if we get clark back onloan from Tottenham, another striker and a a tough tackling, captain like, centre midfielder.

Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 09:54 - Mar 4 with 1406 viewsfrancisbowles

Next season, the next crop of youngsters on 22:30 - Mar 3 by CiderwithRsie

I don't see the need for bulk in a winger. Nippy little blokes with low centre of gravity always seemed a part of the game.

Yes, I agree with that and Nathan Dyer is an obvious example. However, I think they have to be able to give support to the full back in the modern game. Smyth is certainly quick enough but does he have the rest of the qualities needed?

I hope I am wrong and I know he is capable of great moments and winning some battles with full backs, just not sure he can be consistent at getting into games from the start.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024