Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlton away 10:51 - Mar 12 with 3177 viewsBeckenhamhoop

There’s a possibility this could be played behind closed doors. If it isn’t I can’t imagine that many people will be venturing down to SE7 with the fears over Coronavirus, especially when you can watch it on the tele. I wonder what our record low away attendance is? I reckon there’ll be no more than 150 at the Valley.
Charlton away on 10:54 - Mar 12 with 3162 viewsW7Ranger

I hope it's not (behind closed doors). Even more so if we beat Barnsley on Saturday.
Charlton away on 11:03 - Mar 12 with 3121 viewsjoe90

It's not far from where I live so I'd definitely go. Even if it is behind closed doors I'd go and see if they'd let me in anyway, haha.
Charlton away on 11:05 - Mar 12 with 3113 viewsmakaveli1882

Possibility that this saturday will be off, if the game is on at Charlton the 1500 who have tickets will travel.
Charlton away on 11:08 - Mar 12 with 3096 viewsozranger

Hope not. I'm heading to both games, the second being a short 15min bus ride. Actually will be doing something different, for me, as in sitting in the home stand with a friend who is a Charlton supporter.
Charlton away on 12:47 - Mar 12 with 2837 viewsloftboy

When we played Liverpool twice in one week in 1986 there were a few thousand on the Wednesday for the milk cup semi and less than 100 of us on the Saturday for the league game.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Charlton away on 13:57 - Mar 12 with 2710 viewsdavman

If the authorities do this now, they have to follow through on it for the next 3-5 months. They reckon that it will peak in 2-3 months time and then will take another 2-3 months to fall back to a "normal" level.

Clubs will lose out big time financially with fans wanting refunds on season tickets. Sky will, undoubtedly, look after the Premier League clubs by getting to televise every game and compensating their poor, downtrodden members for loss of income, but will do nothing to support those that need the help outside the top flight.

No-one is speaking about the Euros in the summer yet either, but as they are all over Europe, I suspect that there will be calls pretty soon to postpone it probably to next summer.

No easy solution to this one really - we can't just stop life for a couple of months...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Charlton away on 14:10 - Mar 12 with 2673 viewsdaveB

Charlton away on 13:57 - Mar 12 by davman

If the authorities do this now, they have to follow through on it for the next 3-5 months. They reckon that it will peak in 2-3 months time and then will take another 2-3 months to fall back to a "normal" level.

Clubs will lose out big time financially with fans wanting refunds on season tickets. Sky will, undoubtedly, look after the Premier League clubs by getting to televise every game and compensating their poor, downtrodden members for loss of income, but will do nothing to support those that need the help outside the top flight.

No-one is speaking about the Euros in the summer yet either, but as they are all over Europe, I suspect that there will be calls pretty soon to postpone it probably to next summer.

No easy solution to this one really - we can't just stop life for a couple of months...

better than stopping life forever.

Suspending football for a month shouldn't be that big a deal rather than playing them all behind closed doors.
Charlton away on 16:14 - Mar 12 with 2500 viewsdavman

Charlton away on 14:10 - Mar 12 by daveB

better than stopping life forever.

Suspending football for a month shouldn't be that big a deal rather than playing them all behind closed doors.

I agree. My point is that it is a really difficult choice to stop life for 3-4 months. As others have mentioned on the other thread, there is a direct impact on their livelihood if they can't work.

Tough call for the Government either way I think...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Charlton away on 16:30 - Mar 12 with 2440 viewsShotKneesHoop

Boris is an expert at washing hands of a nasty germ or two.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Charlton away on 22:28 - Mar 12 with 2093 viewsPikey

Laid out over a grand on Euro tkts for 2 group matches and the final for 4 of us. Looks like this wont happen this year .hopefully if next year we will be able keep our reservations
Charlton away on 08:53 - Mar 13 with 1882 viewsLoftgirl

Playing behind closed doors would be like watching Brisbane Roar at home.
Charlton away on 09:03 - Mar 13 with 1843 viewsozranger

Charlton away on 08:53 - Mar 13 by Loftgirl

Playing behind closed doors would be like watching Brisbane Roar at home.

Possibly more like Gold Coast some years back.
Charlton away on 09:04 - Mar 13 with 1843 viewsBeckenhamhoop

EFL holding a meeting this morning to discuss their options. Obviously with Hudson Odoi and Arteta contracting they have the playing staff to consider as well as fans. With the value of players the Premier league and EFL could face some kind of legal compo claim if a player subsequently pops their clogs as a result of fixtures not being cancelled.
Charlton away on 10:18 - Mar 13 with 1775 viewsderbyhoop

Charlton away on 22:28 - Mar 12 by Pikey

Laid out over a grand on Euro tkts for 2 group matches and the final for 4 of us. Looks like this wont happen this year .hopefully if next year we will be able keep our reservations

My son is flying over from Australia in July. He's got 4 tickets for the S-F at Wembley. This is a once in a decade trip, so he doesn't want it postponed.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Charlton away on 23:08 - Mar 13 with 1626 viewswombat

Charlton away on 12:47 - Mar 12 by loftboy

When we played Liverpool twice in one week in 1986 there were a few thousand on the Wednesday for the milk cup semi and less than 100 of us on the Saturday for the league game.

For some reason 64 fans comes to mind for the Liverpool game defo not more than 90 on the sat that’s for sure

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Charlton away on 14:15 - Mar 15 with 1398 viewsloftboy

Charlton away on 23:08 - Mar 13 by wombat

For some reason 64 fans comes to mind for the Liverpool game defo not more than 90 on the sat that’s for sure

I remember being met by more buses than fans at the station on the Saturday, I think there were three of us on ours.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Charlton away on 07:20 - Mar 16 with 1136 viewsLoftgirl

Charlton away on 09:03 - Mar 13 by ozranger

Possibly more like Gold Coast some years back.

Of course, how quickly we forget.
Charlton away on 07:49 - Mar 16 with 1103 viewsJuzzie

Charlton away on 23:08 - Mar 13 by wombat

After the train being stoned on the way into the station (resulting in one girl being taken to hospital) and stoned on the way out plus all the grief on the buses, I was more than happy to miss the Saturday game in bask in the glory of putting them out of the final.
Charlton away on 08:40 - Mar 16 with 1057 viewsstowmarketrange

Charlton away on 07:49 - Mar 16 by Juzzie

After the train being stoned on the way into the station (resulting in one girl being taken to hospital) and stoned on the way out plus all the grief on the buses, I was more than happy to miss the Saturday game in bask in the glory of putting them out of the final.

It’s nice to see that they’ve all grown up and only stone the players coaches now.Such lovable fans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024