Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If the season gets cancelled....? 08:34 - Mar 13 with 10874 viewsthame_hoops

If say, the championship season gets cancelled, what do you think would happen with promotion/relegation etc?

Would Leeds be champions and charlton, Luton and Barnsley be relegated?

Or;

Would the season be null and void and restart in August?

Discuss....
If the season gets cancelled....? on 08:43 - Mar 13 with 4681 viewsDevon_4_England

Matches would be played behind closed doors and streamed.

Can’t see there being a full cancellation of fixtures likely to be postponed though while things play out
If the season gets cancelled....? on 08:50 - Mar 13 with 4654 viewsactonman

They need to postpone things as they stand and complete in the summer if required . Not sure if playing behind closed doors is much fairer than finishing the league as it stands now because the home advantage for teams needing points is basically gone.

Also can you imagine a last game of the season where either promotion or relegation I’d decided behind closed doors , do you really think fans won’t show up anyway even if they can’t get in

Fcuking nightmare whatever way you look at it
If the season gets cancelled....? on 08:50 - Mar 13 with 4642 viewsPlanetHonneywood

If it’s the latter option, I suspect WBA, Leeds, and the three clubs in Division One would sue.

If the former option were to happen, I suspect Charlton, Luton and t’Barnsley would sue.

I suspect what will likely happen is what happened back in the day; bunch the games up and play them in quick succession. I think we might see more BCD games and players expected to isolate more and come out for games.

However if the virus continues unabated and results in the 2020 Euros being significantly delayed, then it’s going to play havoc with plans to accommodate the winter World Cup in 2022.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

If the season gets cancelled....? on 08:52 - Mar 13 with 4648 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well, the first thing they should do is bring the League trophy to Anfield, put it on a table in front of all their fans, grab a mike and say "Well, we were going to give you this trophy and make you champions, we really were, buuuuuut..."

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

If the season gets cancelled....? on 09:06 - Mar 13 with 4596 viewsBostonR

Cancel the Euros and complete all the European leagues in the summer - simple.
If the season gets cancelled....? on 09:15 - Mar 13 with 4556 viewsfrancisbowles

Finish the season, if they can, behind closed doors if necessary. If they postpone it till later, no idea when it will finish, will run into next season etc. I know the virus is said to be less of a problem in the warm weather but they have it in Australia where summer has just finished!

If we are all staying at home, we will need something to watch.
If the season gets cancelled....? on 09:21 - Mar 13 with 4538 viewsNorthernr

All this "behind closed doors" stuff depends on the footballers being superhuman and not catching it themselves. It's nonsense.
If the season gets cancelled....? on 09:27 - Mar 13 with 4516 viewsW7Ranger

If the season gets cancelled....? on 08:52 - Mar 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, the first thing they should do is bring the League trophy to Anfield, put it on a table in front of all their fans, grab a mike and say "Well, we were going to give you this trophy and make you champions, we really were, buuuuuut..."

Login to get fewer ads

If the season gets cancelled....? on 09:27 - Mar 13 with 4514 viewsstowmarketrange

Let them have it for only 14 minutes before snatching it away again.
Still bitter after 44 years.
If the season gets cancelled....? on 09:38 - Mar 13 with 4474 viewsMaggsinho

If the season gets cancelled....? on 08:43 - Mar 13 by Devon_4_England

Matches would be played behind closed doors and streamed.

Can’t see there being a full cancellation of fixtures likely to be postponed though while things play out

They seem very worried about people congregating in pubs to watch it, unless they also ban pubs from showing football I think the only answer is to pause the season.
If the season gets cancelled....? on 09:41 - Mar 13 with 4461 viewsMaggsinho

Actually thinking about it, probably the fairest way is to end the season now and base it on the form table over say, the last six games so as to reward clubs in their peak form

1 Leeds 6 5 1 0 10 1 9 16
2 QPR 6 3 3 0 11 6 5 12
3 Wigan 6 3 3 0 9 4 5 12
4 West Brom 6 3 2 1 9 4 5 11
5 Luton 6 3 2 1 6 5 1 11
6 Millwall 6 2 3 1 6 3 3 9
If the season gets cancelled....? on 09:46 - Mar 13 with 4428 viewsGloryHunter

Do Wigan go up automatically with us? There can't be any play off games.
If the season gets cancelled....? on 09:47 - Mar 13 with 4428 viewsqprxtc

They should got the Dallas / Bobby Ewing route and just appear in the shower one morning and this whole year past was just a dream.

Whilst lathering your nipples suggestively.
If the season gets cancelled....? on 09:50 - Mar 13 with 4408 viewsTacticalR

qprxtc, what is your view on this question: if games are played behind closed doors, will they have really happened?

Air hostess clique

If the season gets cancelled....? on 09:59 - Mar 13 with 4368 viewspaulparker

Postpone the very game for 2 weeks if it’s still bad go another 2 weeks
We can pick up the season again in may , postpone the Euros until next summer , the season can end in mid June if needs be which still gives the footballers at least 5/6 weeks until the start of the following season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

If the season gets cancelled....? on 10:02 - Mar 13 with 4337 viewsqprxtc

If the season gets cancelled....? on 09:50 - Mar 13 by TacticalR

qprxtc, what is your view on this question: if games are played behind closed doors, will they have really happened?

The key is to open the door.
If the season gets cancelled....? on 10:02 - Mar 13 with 4339 viewsMytch_QPR

If the season gets cancelled....? on 09:50 - Mar 13 by TacticalR

Maybe it's time to rename Jude as Schrödinger.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

If the season gets cancelled....? on 10:02 - Mar 13 with 4327 viewsfrancisbowles

If the season gets cancelled....? on 09:21 - Mar 13 by Northernr

All this "behind closed doors" stuff depends on the footballers being superhuman and not catching it themselves. It's nonsense.

Yes I agree, which is why I said 'if they can'. It may not be possible but I think they should try
However, if a club has an outbreak, then it is difficult as even making them play the fit players they have may be putting others at risk.
If the season gets cancelled....? on 10:07 - Mar 13 with 4302 viewsstevec

If the season gets cancelled....? on 09:59 - Mar 13 by paulparker

Postpone the very game for 2 weeks if it’s still bad go another 2 weeks
We can pick up the season again in may , postpone the Euros until next summer , the season can end in mid June if needs be which still gives the footballers at least 5/6 weeks until the start of the following season

Exactly.

And it will save half the clubs in EFL going bankrupt.
If the season gets cancelled....? on 10:08 - Mar 13 with 4298 viewsTacticalR

If the season gets cancelled....? on 09:21 - Mar 13 by Northernr

Can't they just run off coronavirus?

Air hostess clique

If the season gets cancelled....? on 10:09 - Mar 13 with 4292 viewsderbyhoop

It's OK for PL clubs whose income comes from TV rights more than attendances. But for most EFL clubs it could send them over the edge, if played behind closed doors. Postponements are possible but for how long?

For now, the attitude seems to be Keep Calm and Carry On. But you've already got Arteta, Hudson-Odoi and 3 Leicester players affected. Players throughout the leagues will get catch it.

No doubt, given their past history, the EFL will award a 3-0 win to all teams due to play QPR.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

If the season gets cancelled....? on 10:11 - Mar 13 with 4281 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Edit: see W7’s post
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 10:32]
If the season gets cancelled....? on 10:16 - Mar 13 with 4262 viewsQPROslo

If the season gets cancelled....? on 09:15 - Mar 13 by francisbowles

Finish the season, if they can, behind closed doors if necessary. If they postpone it till later, no idea when it will finish, will run into next season etc. I know the virus is said to be less of a problem in the warm weather but they have it in Australia where summer has just finished!

If we are all staying at home, we will need something to watch.

Australia has relatively few corona cases. The theory is CV spreads less well in hot and especially humid air than it does in colder and drier air. The global mapping of reported cases tend to support this, though it looks like it has to be well above 20 degrees most of the time. Singapore has a few cases but there is a high concentration of air conditioned offices there.
If the season gets cancelled....? on 10:19 - Mar 13 with 4251 viewsStanisgod

If the season gets cancelled....? on 09:27 - Mar 13 by stowmarketrange

Let them have it for only 14 minutes before snatching it away again.
Still bitter after 44 years.

😂😂😂

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

If the season gets cancelled....? on 10:22 - Mar 13 with 4224 viewsTacticalR

If the season gets cancelled....? on 10:02 - Mar 13 by Mytch_QPR

Maybe it's time to rename Jude as Schrödinger.

That's a good point.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024