Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Airfix Models. 21:50 - Mar 23 with 4850 viewsted_hendrix

Me lads got me a Spitfire and a bloody big Vulcan bomber for Christmas, I haven't built an Airfix model for probably 55 Years or more, gonna start putting them together tomorrow (there'll be bloody glue everywhere!!!) assuming your housebound what you gonna do?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Airfix Models. on 09:52 - Mar 26 with 1119 viewsNewhopphoops

Drifting off topic: I have one of these to clear the balcony.
Airfix Models. on 09:58 - Mar 26 with 1097 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I had hours of fun with this.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Airfix Models. on 09:58 - Mar 26 with 1097 viewsqprxtc

My brother is a plane obsessive / sad git ( it obviously runs in the family) and was a dab hand at Airfix models and spent many an hour delicately and painstakingly putting together and painting these models. He is an arty type my older brother so these models were his pride and joy and were dotted around our shared bedroom and hung from the ceiling. Do Not Touch Them. Or suffer the consequences.

I’m six years younger than my brother. I was never much of an arty type. These planes that he built were played with. When he wasn’t there.

Many air battles we re-enacted and this would lead to the destruction of quite a few precious planes. And possibly to my extinction.

Luckily we had a cat. She nothing about planes but knew to skidaddle when my brother saw the state of another of his pride and joy. “Keep that bloody cat out of here!“

I apologise to our Cat, Miss Lizzy.
Airfix Models. on 10:08 - Mar 26 with 1087 viewsCiderwithRsie

He is an arty type my older brother

I believe that is how Jake and Dino Chapman, who were hot properties in the art world in the 90s, got started. They used to make dioramas of Napoleonic toy soldiers and then went on to recreate Goya paintings with them and then got more surreal.
Airfix Models. on 13:39 - Mar 26 with 1020 viewsR_from_afar

Airfix Models. on 15:38 - Mar 25 by Beckenhamhoop

Things have moved on quite considerably since many of us last made an Airfix model.....

Woah, impressive! I particularly loved the tanks and this diorama had me foaming at the mouth when I was young:

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Airfix Models. on 16:43 - Mar 30 with 948 viewsloftboy

Just ordered a spitfire and a hurricane direct from Airfix, £9.99 each was going to get the Lancaster but it was £35, see how I get on with the cheaper ones before splashing out too much.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Airfix Models. on 16:56 - Mar 30 with 931 viewsslmrstid

I'm a bit of a nerd and absolutely love models and so forth, but have absolutely zero artistic ability in being able to make them myself.

That being said, I did about 7 years ago build a full Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Airfix set and then gifted it to my Dad for Father's Day, which is still up in their house, although some of the stickers have peeled off a bit now.

I have a B17 to build at home which I might do at some point if the lockdown gets more severe and my own job shuts down.

If you like these things and have Instagram, there are some amazing modelling accounts to follow, or view, of all types.

People who build model railways, model airports (yup), model racetracks, there's some amazing Scalextric modelling as well.

Cool to look at anyway!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024