Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dad 20:46 - Mar 29 with 3766 viewsNoDiddley

I can’t match Discodroid’s ‘eulogy’ about East Ham Dave so I’ll make mine simple.
My old man passed away on Saturday, he was the reason I support the club I love.
He was an Arsenal man through & through but living in NW London his mates working for Westminster council were QPR fans. Low & behold we went on the famous league cup run in 1967, so they said while don’t you bring the boys along? ( that being me & my brother) so we went to the semi-final v Birmingham & subsequently the final, I was hooked & from that day they were my team.
Thanks Dad
Dad on 12:37 - Mar 30 with 981 viewsA40Bosh

Very sorry for your loss and send you my condolences

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Dad on 12:43 - Mar 30 with 972 viewsjohncharles

That’s sad, sorry to hear that. RIP your Dad. Most important thing now is to keep yourself and your family safe.

Strong and stable my arse.

Dad on 13:07 - Mar 30 with 955 viewswestberksr

Sincere condolences mate, RIP to your Dad
Dad on 13:18 - Mar 30 with 940 viewsLblock

My sincere condolences fella

Gone but never forgotten.

Take care of yourself and those around you.

RIP

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Dad on 14:36 - Mar 30 with 901 viewsR_from_afar

My condolences, sorry to hear of your loss. My own dad died in early December so I am still coming to terms with that. To be honest, we didn't get on that well, we were never best mates and didn't do much together but I am eternally grateful for the fact that our relationship in the last three or four years of his life was better than it had ever been. We found a few shared passions and bored everyone else rigid by waffling on about them.

You will have some very painful moments but try to focus on the good times.

I was going through a box of my dad's old electric razors and related sundries and there, at the very bottom under all the cords, receipts and user manuals was a tiny, faded newspaper cutting, from some time in the 1960s, I would guess. Now, my dad was a very versatile sportsman who was good at everything he tried - apart from swimming, strangely; in his pomp, he looked like Tarzan when he stood on the beach, tall, handsome, tanned, lean and quite muscular with hair like Errol Flynn in his prime, but sadly, he had all the swimming ability of a rolled steel joist.

I knew he had been a decent amateur footballer - a goalkeeper who also took all his teams penalties - but there, on that yellowing scrap of the paper, lay the evidence. The short article talked about his team's final game of the season, a victory for them which made them the only team in North Bucks to win every single league game. OK, they only played 14 games, but even so. Hats off to my old dad, he walked the talk and that little cutting is now one of my most treasured possessions.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Dad on 22:04 - Mar 30 with 846 viewsDevon_4_England

Sorry for your loss ND, thoughts with you and your family
Dad on 23:48 - Mar 30 with 814 viewsPunteR

Dad on 14:36 - Mar 30 by R_from_afar

My condolences, sorry to hear of your loss. My own dad died in early December so I am still coming to terms with that. To be honest, we didn't get on that well, we were never best mates and didn't do much together but I am eternally grateful for the fact that our relationship in the last three or four years of his life was better than it had ever been. We found a few shared passions and bored everyone else rigid by waffling on about them.

You will have some very painful moments but try to focus on the good times.

I was going through a box of my dad's old electric razors and related sundries and there, at the very bottom under all the cords, receipts and user manuals was a tiny, faded newspaper cutting, from some time in the 1960s, I would guess. Now, my dad was a very versatile sportsman who was good at everything he tried - apart from swimming, strangely; in his pomp, he looked like Tarzan when he stood on the beach, tall, handsome, tanned, lean and quite muscular with hair like Errol Flynn in his prime, but sadly, he had all the swimming ability of a rolled steel joist.

I knew he had been a decent amateur footballer - a goalkeeper who also took all his teams penalties - but there, on that yellowing scrap of the paper, lay the evidence. The short article talked about his team's final game of the season, a victory for them which made them the only team in North Bucks to win every single league game. OK, they only played 14 games, but even so. Hats off to my old dad, he walked the talk and that little cutting is now one of my most treasured possessions.

Sorry to hear you lost your old man recently as well mate. Thanks for sharing that story as well.
Take care mate.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Dad on 12:40 - Mar 31 with 756 viewsR_from_afar

Dad on 23:48 - Mar 30 by PunteR

Sorry to hear you lost your old man recently as well mate. Thanks for sharing that story as well.
Take care mate.

Thanks for those kind words, mate, that means a lot.

One small crumb of comfort from my loss has been that my mum and I are now closer than we have ever been and she now calls me "her pal". That is not something I ever expected and has given me a huge lift at a grim time.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

Dad on 12:46 - Mar 31 with 751 viewspaulparker

My old grandad passed away on Sunday at the age of 95
A man who had many claim to fames including knocking out Adam faith after a singing competition
The first man in west London to pay with a five pound note
And being Harry Roberts decorator
Him my Nan & great auntie were season ticket holders up to 80/81 I’ve now got the rattle he made my dad for the 67 cup final
Worst thing is we can’t even give him a proper send off

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Dad on 12:50 - Mar 31 with 744 viewsR_from_afar

Dad on 12:46 - Mar 31 by paulparker

A man who had many claim to fames including knocking out Adam faith after a singing competition
Him my Nan & great auntie were season ticket holders up to 80/81 I’ve now got the rattle he made my dad for the 67 cup final

My condolences, mate, grandparents are usually very special people. I never knew my paternal ones but my maternal grandparents had a huge influence on my life and one of my proudest moments was playing for the same cricket team as my grandad. We didn't turn out for the team at the same time, I hasten to add, although I did play in the same team as my dad once or twice.

Dad on 13:13 - Mar 31 with 726 viewsTacticalR

Best Wishes to you NoDiddley.

Air hostess clique

Dad on 15:11 - Mar 31 with 697 viewspaulparker

Dad on 12:50 - Mar 31 by R_from_afar

My condolences, mate, grandparents are usually very special people. I never knew my paternal ones but my maternal grandparents had a huge influence on my life and one of my proudest moments was playing for the same cricket team as my grandad. We didn't turn out for the team at the same time, I hasten to add, although I did play in the same team as my dad once or twice.

Cheers Mate
This seems an awful time for a lot of people at the moment

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Dad on 20:45 - Mar 31 with 644 viewsCiderwithRsie

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:23 - Apr 2 with 598 viewsRangersDave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Dad on 16:11 - Apr 2 with 578 viewsflynnbo

Dad on 12:46 - Mar 31 by paulparker

So sorry to hear this, PP. I think the saddest thing is not being able to see them or say your goodbyes.
Dad on 16:15 - Apr 2 with 574 viewsW13R

Sorry to hear of your loss. It will get easier over time but you will never forget him.
Dad on 06:47 - Apr 3 with 536 viewstimcocking

My deepest sympathies...
Dad on 07:18 - Apr 3 with 531 viewsdaveB

Sorry to hear that, hope you and family are OK
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024