Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season over for EFL 18:26 - Apr 30 with 42680 viewsGloucs_R

According to talksport. League 1 and 2

https://talksport.com/football/efl/700954/efl-below-championship-unlikely-resume
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 18:27]

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Season over for EFL on 18:28 - Apr 30 with 7255 viewsHayesender

I don't think we'll see any football of any sort until after Xmas at the earliest. Football, and life in general is gonna look very different at the end of this shitstorm

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Season over for EFL on 18:45 - Apr 30 with 7177 viewsGloucs_R

I can't see the Premier finishing. They have the money and the contracts are too large
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 21:11]

Season over for EFL on 18:45 - Apr 30 with 7176 viewsNorthernr

They might try and force through some Peremier League, but I really don't see how. Like everything else, we're a fortnight behind other countries on this. Netherlands, France and others admitting this week there's no chance of sport for months, we'll probably realise this in a fortnight.
Season over for EFL on 18:53 - Apr 30 with 7141 viewsBlackCrowe

With 27 points still to play for, top 2 and bottom 3 teams cannot be promoted based on current positions.

Just write the season off and start again late Summer. Sorry Leeds....mwa-ha-hahhhh.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Season over for EFL on 19:02 - Apr 30 with 7111 viewsMickS_

Season over for EFL on 18:53 - Apr 30 by BlackCrowe

With 27 points still to play for, top 2 and bottom 3 teams cannot be promoted based on current positions.

Just write the season off and start again late Summer. Sorry Leeds....mwa-ha-hahhhh.

I’m torn. Could you cope with them being the champions of Europe and champions of The Championship?
Season over for EFL on 19:09 - Apr 30 with 7077 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Season over for EFL on 18:53 - Apr 30 by BlackCrowe

In France they've decided that top 2 promoted from Ligue 2 and bottom 2 from Ligue 1 relegated.

Not sure where I stand on this really.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52484926

What was Nemar thinking with that haircut much more important!
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 19:10]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Season over for EFL on 19:29 - Apr 30 with 7032 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Not sure if it’s been said, but if the leagues are scratched, then start next season with a points based handicap system.

Taking the Prem as an example, Liverpool would start on zero, City -15, Leicester -19 and so on to Norwich on -61. That way, there is some recognition of this season. The European spots filled by whoever is currently in them.

What football and people need to get their heads round, is the historical near-certainty that C-19 will return. If it mutates to C-20, then we’re in the Doudou without a paddle for the foreseeable.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Season over for EFL on 19:48 - Apr 30 with 6970 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Season over for EFL on 19:29 - Apr 30 by PlanetHonneywood

Not sure if it’s been said, but if the leagues are scratched, then start next season with a points based handicap system.

Taking the Prem as an example, Liverpool would start on zero, City -15, Leicester -19 and so on to Norwich on -61. That way, there is some recognition of this season. The European spots filled by whoever is currently in them.

What football and people need to get their heads round, is the historical near-certainty that C-19 will return. If it mutates to C-20, then we’re in the Doudou without a paddle for the foreseeable.

Not bad, but it doesn't undo the promotions and relegations that have happened in the meantime.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Season over for EFL on 19:57 - Apr 30 with 6938 viewsDannyPaddox

After C20 we move into worst case scenario territory, known as the Bow Wow Wow pandemic

Season over for EFL on 20:03 - Apr 30 with 6929 viewsBucksRanger

Season over for EFL on 19:57 - Apr 30 by DannyPaddox

After C20 we move into worst case scenario territory, known as the Bow Wow Wow pandemic

It will go wild in the country.
Season over for EFL on 20:14 - Apr 30 with 6888 viewsClive_Anderson

Why don't they wait to see when we can restart?

If it's not until December then we won't be able to complete next season, so finishing the current one in the remaining time makes more sense.
Season over for EFL on 20:19 - Apr 30 with 6868 viewsStanisgod

Would this mean that all stats, clubs and player stats that is, would be null and void?
Be a bit peeved if you'd scored 15-20 goals and they suddenly didn't count, same with the results.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Season over for EFL on 20:34 - Apr 30 with 6789 views2Thomas2Bowles

As I see it the season is finished and with that, all positions should stand as final.

As you can't have play-offs, just the top and bottom 2 should be promoted/relegated.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Season over for EFL on 20:40 - Apr 30 with 6791 viewsderbyhoop

If you end it now promotion, relegation and titles would presumably be based on current positions.
You could make a good case for Liverpool winning the PL as they are well clear.
You could make a decent case for Leeds and WBA in the Championship. They've been the best 2 sides virtually all the way through. But who is the 3rd team to go up, assuming that's what they do. Fulham, Brentford and Forest would all have a case. 6th place is more of a lottery. With who we were left to play we could make a reasonable claim to be worth consideration.
But then L1. How many teams have led the table?. Since the New Year?
L2 - Swindon and Crewe have been the top 2 for a long time. But 3rd has changed hands several times.
And relegation. Watford looked dead 2 months ago, nut now there are 4 teams on 27 points. Villa (25) and Bournemouth (worst GD) to go down. What are the legal and financial implications.
In Championship, I couldn't see Hull picking up another win. Whereas now, they are 2 points clear of bottom 3.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Season over for EFL on 20:45 - Apr 30 with 6763 viewspaulparker

Season over for EFL on 20:14 - Apr 30 by Clive_Anderson

Why don't they wait to see when we can restart?

If it's not until December then we won't be able to complete next season, so finishing the current one in the remaining time makes more sense.

Problem is this will have an effect on Euros and World cups
If the season starts in say September or October which looking at it would be a possibility I would just have league games until May
You would have to scrap the cups unless you play them as a pre season tournament or warm up games as I can’t see many clubs going to China /Asia etc for a pre season
The champions league/europa league would have to be scrapped so you don’t get teams travelling

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Season over for EFL on 20:49 - Apr 30 with 6752 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Season over for EFL on 19:48 - Apr 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Not bad, but it doesn't undo the promotions and relegations that have happened in the meantime.

No idea what ups and downs have already taken place in England. But we’ve not seen in or out of the main leagues have we?

There’s no easy solution; there will be those who benefit and others that do not. Either way, it moves the bigger issue to August when things might be a little safer.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Season over for EFL on 20:58 - Apr 30 with 6717 viewsstowmarketrange

What would the bookies do with bets on sporting events currently taking place?
You wouldn’t be happy if you lost on a bet that didn’t finish running to a conclusion.
It would be a real can of worms.
Season over for EFL on 20:59 - Apr 30 with 6709 viewsRangersDave

Season over for EFL on 20:03 - Apr 30 by BucksRanger

It will go wild in the country.

lets face it..... I want candy (or Haribo will do)

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Season over for EFL on 21:16 - Apr 30 with 6656 viewsGloucs_R

Do it on points per game, two up, two down.

Start the new League in September.

All leagues to be half the size and split into North and South for one season.

Top and bottom from each goes up.
2nd play in a play off final against North v South
Same for bottom 2.
Go back to normal in 2022

Cancel the FA Cup and all other cups for a season. Just domestic leagues.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 21:17]

Season over for EFL on 21:26 - Apr 30 with 6619 viewsRog

I am still in the get it finished camp. Even if it doesn't resume until December or whenever, so what. If it takes 2 or 3 years to get back to an Aug-May season then so be it. If seasons need breaks for a couple of years for Euro's/World Cup that doesn't seem to be a problem to me, avoiding those friendly international breaks will make us all happier. The players contracts remain the thing that decisions will need to be made over but that needs to be done anyway.
Season over for EFL on 21:27 - Apr 30 with 6614 viewsGloucs_R

Season over for EFL on 21:26 - Apr 30 by Rog

I am still in the get it finished camp. Even if it doesn't resume until December or whenever, so what. If it takes 2 or 3 years to get back to an Aug-May season then so be it. If seasons need breaks for a couple of years for Euro's/World Cup that doesn't seem to be a problem to me, avoiding those friendly international breaks will make us all happier. The players contracts remain the thing that decisions will need to be made over but that needs to be done anyway.

But you could have a completely different squad finishing the season as to what you have now. so effectively a bottom of the league club could potentially go out and buy a whole bunch of star players to ensure they survive. unless you stop transfer activity but then you have a massive problem with players contracts coming to an end in June.

Season over for EFL on 21:30 - Apr 30 with 6600 viewsloftboy

Without the income from matchday gate money how many of the 48 L1 and L2 teams will be left? Southend are on the brink and I bet a fair few more are close as well.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Season over for EFL on 21:37 - Apr 30 with 6579 viewsWrightUp5hit___

The only ones who are going to be happy are the lawyers.

Mega lawsuits, mega fees

Snouts in trough time
Season over for EFL on 21:43 - Apr 30 with 6560 viewsQPR_Jim

Season over for EFL on 20:40 - Apr 30 by derbyhoop

If you end it now promotion, relegation and titles would presumably be based on current positions.
You could make a good case for Liverpool winning the PL as they are well clear.
You could make a decent case for Leeds and WBA in the Championship. They've been the best 2 sides virtually all the way through. But who is the 3rd team to go up, assuming that's what they do. Fulham, Brentford and Forest would all have a case. 6th place is more of a lottery. With who we were left to play we could make a reasonable claim to be worth consideration.
But then L1. How many teams have led the table?. Since the New Year?
L2 - Swindon and Crewe have been the top 2 for a long time. But 3rd has changed hands several times.
And relegation. Watford looked dead 2 months ago, nut now there are 4 teams on 27 points. Villa (25) and Bournemouth (worst GD) to go down. What are the legal and financial implications.
In Championship, I couldn't see Hull picking up another win. Whereas now, they are 2 points clear of bottom 3.

I did originally think this would be easiest solved with some sort of mini tournament for promotion and relegation. It will offer a chance for those outside the promotion slots still in with a chance to be involved. Relegation bound teams who's form picked up a chance of a reprieve and those in mid table just walk away. But the time it's going to take to get any games played form will go out the window and it would seem to be a lottery.

So I'd do points per game table, Liverpool can have the league title, bottom 3 relegated. Championship too 3 on PPG promoted (no title given out just a promotion) bottom 3 relegated and so on. Bit generous to Liverpool but they're the only ones I think have it in the bag.
Season over for EFL on 21:50 - Apr 30 with 6536 viewsslmrstid

Its looking ever more likely it will get scrubbed, interesting article on the BBC Sport site at the minute with Sergio Aguero saying he's scared to go back as it stands, and Glenn Murray talking some real sense about the current plans seeming farcical.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52493894 for the curious! Will be interesting to see if player power puts a spanner in the FA/Premier League's plans.

IF, and its a big if, it gets scrapped and Liverpool are awarded the title, you have to ask, from Klopp and the players (and most fans) perspective - wouldn't it just feel a bit empty? You've not won it naturally, it hasn't had the natural conclusion, and its being declared in the middle of the most incredulous thing that will probably (!) happen in our lifetimes.

Same if Leeds and WBA get automatically put up from the Championship - it would all feel a bit empty to me.

Or maybe thats just my perspective as a neutral observer!
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 21:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024