Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship teams of the season 08:28 - May 15 with 2108 viewsNorthernr

Selected by a fan from each club. Nearly everybody has Eze. Cardiff, Bristol City and Stoke have him as their overall POTY for the division. Nobody has BOS which is a surprise. Hull had Manning in there.

Your mate from Brentford has restricted himself to five Brentford players in his

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11988045/championship-fans-pick-th
Championship teams of the season on 08:51 - May 15 with 2045 viewsslmrstid

The Brentford guy I suspect is a bit like me as a fan....ie watches so little football of other teams other than his own that he has no real idea how to fill it so has just chucked all his favourite players in.

The Derby guy also deserves ridicule for selecting Wayne Rooney in his team. He's only played about 10 games, and has hardly driven them up the table.
Championship teams of the season on 08:54 - May 15 with 2033 viewsNorthernr

Championship teams of the season on 08:51 - May 15 by slmrstid

The Brentford guy I suspect is a bit like me as a fan....ie watches so little football of other teams other than his own that he has no real idea how to fill it so has just chucked all his favourite players in.

The Derby guy also deserves ridicule for selecting Wayne Rooney in his team. He's only played about 10 games, and has hardly driven them up the table.

Rooney gets in my team for the assist on Chair's goal alone.
Championship teams of the season on 09:13 - May 15 with 1960 viewsjoe90

Interesting that Ryan Manning was only other QPR player to feature.
Championship teams of the season on 09:27 - May 15 with 1932 viewsswitchingcode

Very difficult to be completely unbiased when doing this I watch most games home and away and highlights of other teams gamesin our league so judging other teams players is based on not massive evidence.Watkins and Mitrovic are without doubt the top pick as strikers as their records show this season.Mbeumo would be my other Bees player to get in the team who I think has been one of the outstanding players in the championship this season 14 goals In 34 games and still only 20 years of age.oh and I would put Eze in my team,championship that is 😀
Championship teams of the season on 09:32 - May 15 with 1912 viewsNorthernr

Championship teams of the season on 09:13 - May 15 by joe90

I'm surprised Bright didn't get a nod from somebody like Charlton, Cardiff or Swansea, having destroyed them, but we're a midtable team so it's not like we're brimming over with the division's outstanding players.

Brentford should be absolutely pissing this league judging by their team.
Championship teams of the season on 09:32 - May 15 with 1908 viewsWokingR

Surprising too that, after all the hype, Jude Bellingham only gets a single mention.
Championship teams of the season on 09:58 - May 15 with 1865 viewsjoe90

Championship teams of the season on 09:32 - May 15 by Northernr

I'm surprised Bright didn't get a nod from somebody like Charlton, Cardiff or Swansea, having destroyed them, but we're a midtable team so it's not like we're brimming over with the division's outstanding players.

Possibly even Birmingham could have mentioned BOS?

Brentford have been really good for a few seasons, and I think there's a certain amount of understandably pride. What I can't stand is their attempts at manufacturing a rivalry with us. It's a though it's the only thing missing from making them a relevant football club. I'm simply not buying into it.
Championship teams of the season on 10:06 - May 15 with 1841 viewsswitchingcode

Championship teams of the season on 09:58 - May 15 by joe90

Possibly even Birmingham could have mentioned BOS?

Brentford have been really good for a few seasons, and I think there's a certain amount of understandably pride. What I can't stand is their attempts at manufacturing a rivalry with us. It's a though it's the only thing missing from making them a relevant football club. I'm simply not buying into it.

The rivalry is mainly one way from our fans and the fact you are only a few miles down the road.The longer we are still competing in the same division the more this will grow.My mates who are QPR are more bothered about Chelsea and never seem that bothered about the result when we play unlike me I’d add.
Login to get fewer ads

Championship teams of the season on 10:29 - May 15 with 1803 viewsrrrspricey

Championship teams of the season on 09:13 - May 15 by joe90

Indeed. Thought BOS may have got into at least the Brummie's team, he ran them ragged at St Andrews
Championship teams of the season on 10:31 - May 15 with 1800 viewsjoe90

Championship teams of the season on 10:06 - May 15 by switchingcode

The rivalry is mainly one way from our fans and the fact you are only a few miles down the road.The longer we are still competing in the same division the more this will grow.My mates who are QPR are more bothered about Chelsea and never seem that bothered about the result when we play unlike me I’d add.

You might be right about the rivalry growing, but personally I can't see that happening.

The history just isn't there, we've beaten you a few times, and I never think about where as I still remember SWP goal against Chelsea for example.
Championship teams of the season on 10:33 - May 15 with 1797 viewsterryb

Championship teams of the season on 09:32 - May 15 by Northernr

I think that as BOS only came good in December he would have passed over the heads of many Championship supporters.

Manning started the seasson very well & so his littler hiccup would not have been noticed.
Championship teams of the season on 11:13 - May 15 with 1740 viewsstevec

Would only put Eze of ours in this side, be surprised if any of us thought any different.
Championship teams of the season on 11:23 - May 15 with 1724 viewsrsonist

Surprise pick: Bartosz Bialkowski - An unbelievable shot stopper, pulling off a string of wonder-saves throughout the season.

[Post edited 15 May 2020 11:23]
Championship teams of the season on 11:27 - May 15 with 1717 viewsrsonist

Scratching my head at the mentions for Christian Walton. Looked a flake to me.

Shaun Hutchinson the real belle of the ball here.
Championship teams of the season on 12:12 - May 15 with 1673 viewsNorthernr

Championship teams of the season on 11:27 - May 15 by rsonist

Scratching my head at the mentions for Christian Walton. Looked a flake to me.

Shaun Hutchinson the real belle of the ball here.

I prefer Bauer at PNE at centre back. Only gets one mention, and it's from the Charlton fan who had him last year.
Surprised Swift doesn't get more love in these things as well, almost always Reading's best player when I see them.
Championship teams of the season on 14:26 - May 15 with 1523 viewsWadR

Really rate Pinnock (have been saying QPR should've been looking at him since seeing him play for Dulwich Hamlet) but think if you're admitting he had a shaky start to the season, hard to justify him making a division wide team of the season. No qualms about the other 4.

Nice to see Manning acknowledged but q competitive position with Bryan, Pedersen and Robinson all very good.

Swift's a good shout. Also think Preston are underrepresented for the season they've had - Ben Davies (outstanding left sided CB in the league imo) and Pearson both in with a shout.
Championship teams of the season on 14:46 - May 15 with 1480 viewsBoston

We’re a fairly good team but as others have mentioned, Eze’s the only stand out player.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Championship teams of the season on 15:23 - May 15 with 1426 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Championship teams of the season on 10:31 - May 15 by joe90

You might be right about the rivalry growing, but personally I can't see that happening.

The history just isn't there, we've beaten you a few times, and I never think about where as I still remember SWP goal against Chelsea for example.

I think the more they stay in the Championship, and the more they remain better than us, which they quite clearly are at the moment, the more rivalry it will bring. I know plenty of the younger fans who have grown a real hating for Brentford due to constantly losing to them, and this sense of arrogance Brentford have grown because of it. The Bircham last minute winner also still does the rounds on Twitter so I think its certainly becoming bigger than it was before. I use to really like brentford, my mates are all fans so I kept an eye out for their results in league one. Now we always play them, and always lose, ive started to get a bit sick of them really

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Championship teams of the season on 16:00 - May 15 with 1351 viewsenfieldargh

Championship teams of the season on 15:23 - May 15 by RANGERS4EVER

I think the more they stay in the Championship, and the more they remain better than us, which they quite clearly are at the moment, the more rivalry it will bring. I know plenty of the younger fans who have grown a real hating for Brentford due to constantly losing to them, and this sense of arrogance Brentford have grown because of it. The Bircham last minute winner also still does the rounds on Twitter so I think its certainly becoming bigger than it was before. I use to really like brentford, my mates are all fans so I kept an eye out for their results in league one. Now we always play them, and always lose, ive started to get a bit sick of them really

we dont always loose but we loose more than we win without drawing any conclusions.

Every insect has its day

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Championship teams of the season on 23:36 - May 15 with 1090 viewsCiderwithRsie

Championship teams of the season on 10:06 - May 15 by switchingcode

As a matter of interest, what is the Brentford view of That Lot In Blue? A mutual loathing of them is one of the things we share with Fulham and makes rivalry with Fulham a bit more friendly.
Championship teams of the season on 14:33 - May 16 with 852 viewsswitchingcode

Championship teams of the season on 23:36 - May 15 by CiderwithRsie

As a matter of interest, what is the Brentford view of That Lot In Blue? A mutual loathing of them is one of the things we share with Fulham and makes rivalry with Fulham a bit more friendly.

No real rivalry is there we have never played them in the league for about 70 years.We have spent most of the last 50 years looking at Gillingham Swindon Aldershot Reading as rivals😃Most of our younger fans see Fulham as our rivals I’m not that fussed obviously just want to see your team win although when we beat the likes of Leeds it does add a bit more to the celebration.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024