Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Card Hacking 17:39 - May 17 with 1236 viewspwrightsknees

Gsy, my card was hacked yesterday, too with four fake withdrawals, all at the time I was making my donation to Daniel's cause, and I, too, am awaiting a new card. The donation went through OK, but both of us hacked on the same day? Is it just a coincidence?...

Up the U's
Card Hacking on 01:02 - May 18 with 1201 viewswessex_exile

Hi PWK (and GSY) - sorry to hear about your hacked accounts. Sadly, with everyone shopping more and more online at the moment, scum bags who do this stuff are having a field day capitalising on the current crisis. Just to say, JustGiving is an incredibly reputable fund-raising website with impeccable credentials, so I’m certain they are not involved.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Card Hacking on 10:42 - May 18 with 1174 viewspwrightsknees

Card Hacking on 01:02 - May 18 by wessex_exile

Hi PWK (and GSY) - sorry to hear about your hacked accounts. Sadly, with everyone shopping more and more online at the moment, scum bags who do this stuff are having a field day capitalising on the current crisis. Just to say, JustGiving is an incredibly reputable fund-raising website with impeccable credentials, so I’m certain they are not involved.

I agree, Wessex. We have used JustGiving several time in the past, and with no problems, and like you consider it to be thoroughly reputable and I, too, am certain they could not be involved.

It was such a coincidence, however, that all four of my rogue transactions occurred at the time I was donating to Daniel's cause. So when I read GSY's post, I thought I should put a message on the board to see if there were others whose cards had been compromised.

My credit card company immediately cancelled the rogue transactions (the donation still stands). Being without my preferred card for 7-10 days is a minor inconvenience.

Please take great care everyone and stay safe. Up the U's
Card Hacking on 18:40 - May 18 with 1145 viewsMadeira163

Hi
My transactions (6) all went to www.wave.com which looks like a money transfer site .
To be fair Lloyd’s were great and cash was back in my account within 2 hours !
Very impressed to get it back so quick was expecting to wait a couple of months
Just need a new card to pink to PayPal etc
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024