Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1975 West Ham away 14:17 - May 18 with 3411 viewsNov77

this is a rare one, haven't seen these goals posted anywhere before.......

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

1975 West Ham away on 12:39 - May 19 with 780 viewsenfieldargh

1975 West Ham away on 08:37 - May 19 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Bobby's og game

was stood on the North Bank with my Spam mate.

That was the Chicken George game. It was non-stop , then he sores an own -goal.

Almost as good as us baiting Rooney for his cross ball pass for Eze to score

Where are all these obscure videos found.

I often go on youtube and try and search fro games but have never come across that one.

Would love to see the Pizante goal at LR in the cup and also the 6-1 cup replay win

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

1975 West Ham away on 12:55 - May 19 with 760 viewsloftboy

1975 West Ham away on 12:39 - May 19 by enfieldargh

I often go on youtube and try and search fro games but have never come across that one.

Would love to see the Pizante goal at LR in the cup and also the 6-1 cup replay win

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

1975 West Ham away on 12:57 - May 19 with 753 viewsNov77

The video at the start of this thread won’t show up in any YouTube search as the person that posted it made no reference to either of the teams in the description.

I’ve found one or two other rare 70s highlights that I’ll post later today.

Was the 6-1 cup replay against West Ham filmed? I’ve never seen that. Remember the game though, if you thought West Ham’s pitch was bad, should have seen ours that night.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

1975 West Ham away on 13:31 - May 19 with 718 viewsMrSheen

The 1980 game was one of my very first away trips. Four of us went from school, chickened out of the away end at the last minute and hid with the home fans. Bob Hazell and David Cross battered each other all game, real shame the way it ended. When the goal went in it seemed that every home fan joined in with "Nice one, N*****, nice one son".

I still remember the fear and excitement, the weird East European look of the place, the terror that we might somehow be recognised as outsiders on the interminable journey home.
1975 West Ham away on 14:06 - May 19 with 692 views2Thomas2Bowles

1975 West Ham away on 12:57 - May 19 by Nov77

The video at the start of this thread won’t show up in any YouTube search as the person that posted it made no reference to either of the teams in the description.

I’ve found one or two other rare 70s highlights that I’ll post later today.

Was the 6-1 cup replay against West Ham filmed? I’ve never seen that. Remember the game though, if you thought West Ham’s pitch was bad, should have seen ours that night.

I was sitting a few seats away from Trevor Brooking that night..... he left early

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

1975 West Ham away on 15:04 - May 19 with 654 viewsBoston

1975 West Ham away on 14:06 - May 19 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I was sitting a few seats away from Trevor Brooking that night..... he left early

One of the last ‘gentlemen’ to play football.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

1975 West Ham away on 15:12 - May 19 with 637 views2Thomas2Bowles

1975 West Ham away on 15:04 - May 19 by Boston

One of the last ‘gentlemen’ to play football.

If you say so... left totally embarrassed that night.

Never rated the bloke, as Stan said, "drops a shoulder and everyone thinks he is God"

1975 West Ham away on 16:03 - May 19 with 607 viewsBoston

1975 West Ham away on 15:12 - May 19 by 2Thomas2Bowles

If you say so... left totally embarrassed that night.

Never rated the bloke, as Stan said, "drops a shoulder and everyone thinks he is God"

I’m referring to his sportsman like attitude.

Login to get fewer ads

1975 West Ham away on 16:18 - May 19 with 594 views2Thomas2Bowles

1975 West Ham away on 16:03 - May 19 by Boston

I’m referring to his sportsman like attitude.

Till he is losing 6-1 and buggers off home.

Very sporting...

1975 West Ham away on 16:51 - May 19 with 572 viewsstowmarketrange

1975 West Ham away on 13:31 - May 19 by MrSheen

The 1980 game was one of my very first away trips. Four of us went from school, chickened out of the away end at the last minute and hid with the home fans. Bob Hazell and David Cross battered each other all game, real shame the way it ended. When the goal went in it seemed that every home fan joined in with "Nice one, N*****, nice one son".

I still remember the fear and excitement, the weird East European look of the place, the terror that we might somehow be recognised as outsiders on the interminable journey home.

After hearing some of the stories about Upton Park I think I was very lucky not to get a slap standing with the West Ham fans in the chicken run in 1976.The next time I went there was the first of 87 and it seemed much more civilised by then.
1975 West Ham away on 17:13 - May 19 with 546 viewsqpr_1968

1975 West Ham away on 16:51 - May 19 by stowmarketrange

After hearing some of the stories about Upton Park I think I was very lucky not to get a slap standing with the West Ham fans in the chicken run in 1976.The next time I went there was the first of 87 and it seemed much more civilised by then.

your not wrong there mate, the one in '87 I turned up 10 minutes late and our end was locked shut, so paid in the north bank.

the one in '93/ '94 was even more relaxed as they only gave us a limited amount of seats while they rebuilt, what was known as the bobby moore stand, and we were literally surrounded by them, seats above the old chicken run. we won 4-0 and every goal was celebrated with no fear.
the west ham fans got a bit wound up when we were chanting two of their players names who used to play for us, and they waved up to us. that didn't go down well.

can you remember the two i'm on about.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

1975 West Ham away on 17:31 - May 19 with 521 viewsMrSheen

1975 West Ham away on 17:13 - May 19 by qpr_1968

your not wrong there mate, the one in '87 I turned up 10 minutes late and our end was locked shut, so paid in the north bank.

the one in '93/ '94 was even more relaxed as they only gave us a limited amount of seats while they rebuilt, what was known as the bobby moore stand, and we were literally surrounded by them, seats above the old chicken run. we won 4-0 and every goal was celebrated with no fear.
the west ham fans got a bit wound up when we were chanting two of their players names who used to play for us, and they waved up to us. that didn't go down well.

can you remember the two i'm on about.

After the rumours came out, they still loved Ian Bishop, didn’t seem to bother them at all. Both of them were there for years afterwards, so whatever happened, they weren’t driven out.
1975 West Ham away on 18:37 - May 19 with 505 viewsBoston

1975 West Ham away on 16:51 - May 19 by stowmarketrange

West Ham is a perfect example of social / demographic change. In the good old bad old days they were invincible at home and usually at all other London clubs. Though patchy outside of town they’d rarely leg it. Then their boys got older, calmed down and the scant numbers coming along behind ‘em were more Brentwood than Barking. I never got to experience the jolly humanitarian Upton Park though, my memories will always include the huge surge of relief once we’d cleared Liverpool Street.
You still visiting this board Fitzy - remember that time me and a couple of my mates bumped into you and a couple of your pals on the train that then had half the Hammers mob get on? Some of them started going on about my hair (I’m a real redhead), nearly sh!t meself
[Post edited 19 May 2020 18:39]

1975 West Ham away on 19:01 - May 19 with 487 viewsenfieldargh

1975 West Ham away on 18:37 - May 19 by Boston

West Ham is a perfect example of social / demographic change. In the good old bad old days they were invincible at home and usually at all other London clubs. Though patchy outside of town they’d rarely leg it. Then their boys got older, calmed down and the scant numbers coming along behind ‘em were more Brentwood than Barking. I never got to experience the jolly humanitarian Upton Park though, my memories will always include the huge surge of relief once we’d cleared Liverpool Street.
You still visiting this board Fitzy - remember that time me and a couple of my mates bumped into you and a couple of your pals on the train that then had half the Hammers mob get on? Some of them started going on about my hair (I’m a real redhead), nearly sh!t meself
[Post edited 19 May 2020 18:39]

Theres also that feeling of relief getting to London Bridge after Wall.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024