Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who were/are your favourite comedians. 15:08 - May 22 with 4303 viewsqpr_1968

just watched a micky Flanagan tape, well halfway through, stopped it, threw it in the bin.
didn't even smile, let alone laugh once.

plenty of good comedians to name but...

bob monkhouse, clever comedian
tommy cooper, just looked and laughed
Bernard manning, very undiverse, but fitted in with the times, especially when you had people such as Charlie Williams and Kenny lynch laughing at him.

was going to include comedy series, but just too many over the years.
oh ok then

Fawlty towers
only fools and horses.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 15:18 - May 22 with 2073 viewsBucksRanger

Best current stand up - Micky Flanagan

Best all time stand ups - Bob Newhart and Billy Connolly

Best comedy series - Coupling and Rake

Best comedy film - The Hangover
Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 15:22 - May 22 with 2069 viewsRangersDave

the very nice bloke who was Dave Allen

he spent 90 minutes walking round a park with me and my dad once, back in the late 70's.

Funny as F, and a genuine fella.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 15:22 - May 22 with 2067 viewsloftboy

Bernard Manning

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 15:33 - May 22 with 2032 viewsPhildo

Tommy Cooper lived in Chiswick and drank in the George IV. He was notorious for not buying his round - he would join in with the regulars who included my Dad and disappear when it was his turn at the jump. In the end they told him he was welcome in their company but he had to buy his own which he did from that point on. He probably had more money than the rest of them put together.
Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 15:40 - May 22 with 2019 viewsWokingR

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 15:18 - May 22 by BucksRanger

Best current stand up - Micky Flanagan

Best all time stand ups - Bob Newhart and Billy Connolly

Best comedy series - Coupling and Rake

Best comedy film - The Hangover

Also like Mikey Flanagan
Kevin Bridges is up there too.
His story about the 'Ghosty', the mythical poo that comes out so clean and so fast that it leaves no trace anywhere is hilarious.
Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 15:42 - May 22 with 2017 viewsqpr_1968

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 15:33 - May 22 by Phildo

Tommy Cooper lived in Chiswick and drank in the George IV. He was notorious for not buying his round - he would join in with the regulars who included my Dad and disappear when it was his turn at the jump. In the end they told him he was welcome in their company but he had to buy his own which he did from that point on. He probably had more money than the rest of them put together.

heard that about his drinking antics.
don't know where I got this from, but quote me if i'm wrong.

the mcdonalds over at Brentford, think its ealing road, used to be a pub, and that was one of his locals as well.

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 15:45 - May 22 with 2003 viewsGaryT

Went through a period where I couldn't get enough of Eddie Izzard. Over a period of a few years in the late 90's I saw him in London, Brighton, Eastbourne, Bexhill and Hastings.

For political comedy Mark Thomas was brilliant, could do with his sort around now. (and Chris Morris, The Day Today/Brass Eye)

Currently Steve Hofstetter is worth a watch on Youtube.
Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 15:56 - May 22 with 1979 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Best current stand up - James Acaster is new to me and is clever-funny rather than PMSL. Still love Sara Pascoe - witty, risky as hell and incredibly clever.

Best all time stand ups - Billy Connolly, Seinfeld (briefly) and another shout for Newhart.

Best comedy serieses's's - Seinfeld, Frasier, Cheers and recently Detectorists.

Best comedy films - When Harry Met Sally, Life of Brian. Utterly different, equally flawless.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 16:04 - May 22 with 1964 viewsNoelmc

Dave Allen was my all time favourite. Also love Billy Connelly and have been fortunate enough to see them both do live stand-up. Ended up in tears of laughter at both.

Of the current crop, I enjoy Micky Flanagan and Kevin Bridges.

In my experience, tastes in comedy are even more individual than musical tastes.
Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 16:04 - May 22 with 1963 viewsqpr_1968

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 15:56 - May 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Best current stand up - James Acaster is new to me and is clever-funny rather than PMSL. Still love Sara Pascoe - witty, risky as hell and incredibly clever.

Best all time stand ups - Billy Connolly, Seinfeld (briefly) and another shout for Newhart.

Best comedy films - When Harry Met Sally, Life of Brian. Utterly different, equally flawless.

when cheers first came out I was work, work work, so never really had the time to watch it.
on one of these freeview channels a few years back they showed the very first one...hooked.
ted danson was superb.

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 16:04 - May 22 with 1961 viewsW13R

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 15:42 - May 22 by qpr_1968

heard that about his drinking antics.
don't know where I got this from, but quote me if i'm wrong.

the mcdonalds over at Brentford, think its ealing road, used to be a pub, and that was one of his locals as well.

I think it was the Red Lion.
Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 16:08 - May 22 with 1941 viewsqpr_1968

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 16:04 - May 22 by W13R

yeah sounds right.

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 16:12 - May 22 with 1928 viewsPhildo

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 16:04 - May 22 by W13R

He was an alcoholic I think - he had a wife and a mistress who knew all about each other each in a separate house in Chiswick. The Brentford pub thing I think was the same crowd from the George IV used to go in there because a lot of them worked around Brentford way. I remember him doing magic tricks for me when I was a kid and at the time just thinking he was another piss@d old fart.
Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 16:20 - May 22 with 1908 viewsStanisgod

Jimmy Jones

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 16:29 - May 22 with 1888 viewstraininvain

Dave Chappelle. Saw him live a couple of years ago. Very funny and thought provoking comedy.
Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 16:33 - May 22 with 1880 viewsA40Bosh

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 15:56 - May 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Yeah Brian, my girls got me listening to James Acaster too but like you the best of all time for me has to be The Big Yin, saw him live many times and would walk out of the Hammersmith Odeon (as it was known back in the day) with my cheeks hurting (face ones that is).

Also, Peter Kay early shows used to really make me laugh

There might be some that I have not given a chance to for some spurious reason or other, such as Jimmy Carr - I just want to punch his face.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 16:42 - May 22 with 1860 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 16:33 - May 22 by A40Bosh

Yeah Brian, my girls got me listening to James Acaster too but like you the best of all time for me has to be The Big Yin, saw him live many times and would walk out of the Hammersmith Odeon (as it was known back in the day) with my cheeks hurting (face ones that is).

Also, Peter Kay early shows used to really make me laugh

There might be some that I have not given a chance to for some spurious reason or other, such as Jimmy Carr - I just want to punch his face.

Agree about Peter Kay, Bosh - it's really hard to get so many observations, deliveries and expressions so unerringly right, and look natural doing it.

Agree also about Jimmy Carr. He's just a shock-jock.

Both of Irish descent, but not from the same planet.
[Post edited 22 May 2020 16:42]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 16:51 - May 22 with 1843 viewsDixie_CT

James Acaster is great. The Netflix four parter is superb.

George Carlin is one of my heros. So funny, clever language and laced with philosophy. Often go to sleep. listening to him

Louis CK & Jim Jeffries are brilliant but dubious characters.

Bill Hicks was sensational at times. There is footage of him going off piste at some shitty corporate gig and he just goes at it. Stunning.

Richard Pryor was a legend and I don’t watch him too much so he stuff stays a bit sacrilegious.

Peter Kay is a genius. He just gets it spot on, observational comedy that nails situations that we all experience. Seems so simple which makes it funnier. Peter Kay Experience, Phoenix Nights and Car Share are timeless.

Gervais. I don’t think he is acting and is a bit of a knob but knows it so plays it up in a satirical way but it’s just him being him. Some of his stand up sections are top notch.

Did I mention George Carlin 😇
Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 17:15 - May 22 with 1810 viewsDorse

I like so many comics, it's hard to pick just one. Frankie Boyle's stand up is fearless, irreverent and above all funny. Conversely, I also love Milton Jones' wordplay and the use of innocence as a bludgeon. Aisling Bea could read the phone book and still make me laugh.

Films: Mel Brooks - Blazing Saddles, High Anxiety, The Producers and Young Frankenstein. Hell, even Men In Tights and Dracula: Dead and Loving It had their moments.

TV - too many to name but What We Do In The Shadows is a winner.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 17:19 - May 22 with 1807 viewsLowerloftLad

I saw Lee Evan's at the 02 and he was very funny

Micheal McIntyre was alright but I was so drunk by the time he started I dont remember too much

James acaster Mickey Flanagan and kevin bridges are always worth a watch

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 17:33 - May 22 with 1773 viewsRoller

Favourite current comedian - Larry Dean.
Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 17:49 - May 22 with 1749 viewsMickS_

Bob Monkhouse:

https://images.app.goo.gl/ZJGpJbeQ2xVCtwod8
Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 18:08 - May 22 with 1716 viewsMickS_

By jingo, this is good.
Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 18:12 - May 22 with 1702 viewsBoston

Mick Miller

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 18:18 - May 22 with 1688 viewsQPR_Jim

I went to see James Acasters Cold Lasagna... whatever tour last year, was the best live show I think I've seen and his Netflix shows are great. I'd also mention Ross Noble, always a great live show but not to everyone's taste.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024