Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora 18:39 - May 24 with 4364 viewsDylanP

Absolutely brilliant. If you haven't watched it yet, get on your bike and watch it. It is hysterical and an absolute joy. Well done to whoever thought of doing this. Its magic!

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/features/play-off-final-relived/

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 18:42 - May 24 with 3597 views2Thomas2Bowles

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/258757/play-off-f

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora (n/t) on 18:45 - May 24 with 3606 viewsjoe90

[Post edited 24 May 2020 18:51]
Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 23:48 - May 24 with 3444 viewsnix

Yeah it's great. They're v honest as they're not playing apart from Charlie and he doesn't care about image any more. Interesting about Traore. What we thought about him, from Austin 'he was there when we won to party but if we lost he didn't give a shit'. Worth a watch.
Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 23:58 - May 24 with 3424 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Really enjoyed this.

Cut and paste from the other thread.

Thoughts (Spoliers) :

1) Barton getting Steve Black in was the key to promotion. I have no respect for Barton, but this confirms it. Redknapp hardly gets a mention. Black gets all the praise
2) Redknapp's comments to Zamorra coming on - Jesus!
3) It seems that Zamorra told Barton to "take one with him" at Man. City in 2012
4) Hill the coach among the group, really interested in the game
5) Green also impressive
6) Austin is more likeable than I thought, but maybe a bit childish
7) Zamorra seems a nice fella
8) Zamorra, Austin and Green both made references to how bad the dressing room was prior to Black's arrival, Zamorra mentioned that there was quite a few cliques, Austin spoke about Traore not caring when we lost and Green mentioned that lads drifted away when the professionalism was ramped up.
9) Wally Downes' comment in the lift to Steve McClaren!!!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 01:05 - May 25 with 3381 views18StoneOfHoop

Dylan Pressman, you're spot on with the x4 player highlights 24/05/04 half an hour with 4 it mattered hoops serious main men was utterly fantastic. rob Green most articulate MOTM unlike my not very good LidderPool blackstuff thread
One thing strikes me is throughout unlike staunch Bluce is that throughout the season Clive never rated Rob Green but his performance and on-the-money analysis out of the 4 was absolutely spot on,well said!
[Post edited 25 May 2020 1:18]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 12:04 - May 25 with 3120 viewsPaddyhoops

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 23:48 - May 24 by nix

Yeah it's great. They're v honest as they're not playing apart from Charlie and he doesn't care about image any more. Interesting about Traore. What we thought about him, from Austin 'he was there when we won to party but if we lost he didn't give a shit'. Worth a watch.

Charlie who was great confirmed what we already knew about Traore.
Just a shame the management employed more wasters and parasites of Traores ilk the following season.
No wonder the players never mentioned Redknapp and his staff in what was an enjoyable half hour!!
Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 23:27 - May 25 with 2895 viewsAntti_Heinola

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 23:58 - May 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Really enjoyed this.

Thoughts (Spoliers) :

1) Barton getting Steve Black in was the key to promotion. I have no respect for Barton, but this confirms it. Redknapp hardly gets a mention. Black gets all the praise
3) It seems that Zamorra told Barton to "take one with him" at Man. City in 2012
5) Green also impressive
8) Zamorra, Austin and Green both made references to how bad the dressing room was prior to Black's arrival, Zamorra mentioned that there was quite a few cliques, Austin spoke about Traore not caring when we lost and Green mentioned that lads drifted away when the professionalism was ramped up.

Also came across that the players all disliked Lee Mason, a truly awful ref. Can't believe Clint didn't mention the Bolton goal at that point!
A great watch.
One thing, though, was that I loved Charlie, and obviously I love Clint and always will, and I was a big fan of Chief. But you look around the rest of that squad and it doesn't feel like a QPR team to me. Not like the early 90s team, the 2003 team, or the 2011 team or even, I have to say, this season's team. I saw glimpses of people like Doyle (who I forgot started the game), SWP, Jenas - but even O'Neil and others, who never felt like QPR players, just pros passing through. Glad Chaz seems to have a place in his heart for us though.
Thought Green came across really well. They all did actually.

Bare bones.

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 08:33 - May 26 with 2755 viewsloftboy

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 23:27 - May 25 by Antti_Heinola

Also came across that the players all disliked Lee Mason, a truly awful ref. Can't believe Clint didn't mention the Bolton goal at that point!
A great watch.
One thing, though, was that I loved Charlie, and obviously I love Clint and always will, and I was a big fan of Chief. But you look around the rest of that squad and it doesn't feel like a QPR team to me. Not like the early 90s team, the 2003 team, or the 2011 team or even, I have to say, this season's team. I saw glimpses of people like Doyle (who I forgot started the game), SWP, Jenas - but even O'Neil and others, who never felt like QPR players, just pros passing through. Glad Chaz seems to have a place in his heart for us though.

Bit harsh on Doyle as we got him in to cover for an injured Charlie, thought he did okay for the short time he was with us.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 08:50 - May 26 with 2735 viewsslmrstid

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 08:33 - May 26 by loftboy

Bit harsh on Doyle as we got him in to cover for an injured Charlie, thought he did okay for the short time he was with us.

I'd add O'Neil to that too - came in on a one year deal as a solid pro, and did a solid pro job for us. I was disappointed we didnt extend it actually, felt he could have offered us something in the top flight, bit of a Shaun Derry role perhaps.

The likes of Jenas, SWP who I saw sneaking up the steps, Kranjcar etc - very much with you!

Also found Charlie's comment about seeing Lee Mason in Tenerife a week or two later funny - "He said "I got that red card right didnt I!", I thought 'cheeky bstrd...'"

Easy to find it funny in hindsight!

I remember feeling so, so hopeless for that final 30 minutes when Derby seemed to be just camped in our half.
Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 10:26 - May 26 with 2655 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yeah i didn't mean to sound like I thought they weren't decent players - just that the squad as a whole didn't feel like a real QPR team in the sense you get normally when you have a successful side. Even the four who spoke there said there was a lack of togetherness until the final 6 games. The fact was, Austin dragged us through that season - that, and the defence in the first half of the season, got us over the line. But taken as a whole I don't have anywhere near the affection for that squad as I do for other successful teams we've had - they felt transient, and they were in most cases.

Bare bones.

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 10:46 - May 26 with 2634 viewsslmrstid

"But taken as a whole I don't have anywhere near the affection for that squad as I do for other successful teams we've had"

Yep, I'm definitely with you there on that Antti.
Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 11:32 - May 26 with 2596 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 10:46 - May 26 by slmrstid

"But taken as a whole I don't have anywhere near the affection for that squad as I do for other successful teams we've had"

Yep, I'm definitely with you there on that Antti.

Me, too.

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 12:47 - May 26 with 2544 viewsloftboy

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 23:58 - May 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Really enjoyed this.

Thoughts (Spoliers) :

5) Green also impressive

I think the joe they are talking about is Jordan not Barton

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 12:51 - May 26 with 2540 viewsAntti_Heinola

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 12:47 - May 26 by loftboy

I think the joe they are talking about is Jordan not Barton

In terms of Steve Black you mean? That was definitely Barton.

Bare bones.

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 12:52 - May 26 with 2536 viewsloftboy

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 12:51 - May 26 by Antti_Heinola

In terms of Steve Black you mean? That was definitely Barton.

Blimey wouldn’t have imagined that!

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 12:53 - May 26 with 2533 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Yes, it was. Black was already working with Barton.

Is that what you meant, Loftboy? Or something else?

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 13:13 - May 26 with 2512 viewsNorthernr

It was very interesting, I enjoyed more than I thought I would and woiuld have liked a full hour to be honest. I don't particularly like that team, but they came across really well and gave some good insight into what was going on behind the scenes rather than just banter banter which I liked.
Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 13:16 - May 26 with 2503 viewsHantsR

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 23:27 - May 25 by Antti_Heinola

A great watch.

Would have been nice to have had a little cameo from Shaun Derry, when the subject of Lee Mason came up?
[Post edited 26 May 2020 13:16]
Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 13:34 - May 26 with 2474 viewsW7Ranger

When I watched the season review a couple of weeks back and saw the players we had that season, a lot of whom I'd forgotten about, how we only managed to limp into the play offs is astounding!

Watched the whole final on Sunday when it was shown again, and there was a comment from the commentator about the combined Prem appearances of players in both teams/squads.

QPR had something like 1744.

Derby had 19!!!

Really enjoyed watching those 4 going over it all again.

I get the impression with Hill that he sometimes feels really fortunate to have had the career that he eventually had coming to QPR and playing with the players he did. Still almost a bit in awe of playing in the same teams as numerous internationals over several years. Always incredibly humble, and despite going through and witnessing more shit than most players during that time, completely loves QPR.
Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 14:16 - May 26 with 2434 viewsloftboy

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 12:53 - May 26 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes, it was. Black was already working with Barton.

Is that what you meant, Loftboy? Or something else?

Yep, assumed it would have been a member of the coaching team that brought him in, so when they said Joe I immediately thought Jordan.

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 14:28 - May 26 with 2425 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 14:16 - May 26 by loftboy

Yep, assumed it would have been a member of the coaching team that brought him in, so when they said Joe I immediately thought Jordan.

Cool. I read Black's book and I was surprised too!

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 16:16 - May 26 with 2359 viewsAntti_Heinola

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 14:16 - May 26 by loftboy

it says a lot for the 'management' of the time that it was Barton who did that.
I know Hill won;t have a word said against Redknapp, but fk me. Even in that video, Austin says, 'Yeah against Wigan we had 6 forwards on the pitch at one stage!' and I felt like reaching through the Zoom, grabbing his manly chest and shouting, 'YES BECAUSE THE TEAM SELECTION HE STARTED WITH WAS SO PATENTLY STUPID HIS ONYL CHOICE WAS TO THROW ON EVERYONE! HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT?! THEN HE MADE THE EXACT SAME MISTAKE IN THE FINAL! HOW DOES HE GET AWAY WITH IT, CHAZ? HOW?!'

Ahem.

Bare bones.

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 22:09 - May 26 with 2214 viewsLblock

Must watch this Friday on my enforced day off

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 04:50 - May 27 with 2129 viewsKiwi76

Great watch - had forgotten just how good Green & Dunne were on the day. Nice to see Charlie on there. We mugged them so beautifully - really interesting to hear Green saying how confident he was given balance of play. Will never get tired of watching that
Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 05:31 - May 27 with 2122 viewsDylanP

Playoff Final Highlights with Commentary from Green, Hill, Austin and Zamora on 04:50 - May 27 by Kiwi76

Great watch - had forgotten just how good Green & Dunne were on the day. Nice to see Charlie on there. We mugged them so beautifully - really interesting to hear Green saying how confident he was given balance of play. Will never get tired of watching that

Loved hearing the affection they all had for Dunne. We all loved Dunne and its great to know that they did too.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024