Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birkbeck College training grounds. 18:45 - Jul 6 with 1703 viewsEsox_Lucius

I stumbled across this when researching our old training grounds. The line about Smith & Shreeves bristling when Johnny Byrne question the lack of a plan B made me smile; some things never change.
http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2014/1/29/qpr-giggling-mind-games-and-green

The grass is always greener.

Birkbeck College training grounds. on 14:33 - Jul 7 with 1404 viewsPlanetHonneywood

As a pup in the 70s my chums and I would amble down to the Birkbeck ground to watch training and talk to players. Seeing Rangers players in the parish was just a normal everyday occurrence.

Of the many differences: modern day car parks for average football clubs is a bit like the London Motor Show. Back then the players car park was marginally better stocked than Arthur Daley’s lot. But they were simpler times, happier for it I’d wager.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Birkbeck College training grounds. on 14:44 - Jul 7 with 1376 viewsBoston

Birkbeck College training grounds. on 14:33 - Jul 7 by PlanetHonneywood

As a pup in the 70s my chums and I would amble down to the Birkbeck ground to watch training and talk to players. Seeing Rangers players in the parish was just a normal everyday occurrence.

Of the many differences: modern day car parks for average football clubs is a bit like the London Motor Show. Back then the players car park was marginally better stocked than Arthur Daley’s lot. But they were simpler times, happier for it I’d wager.

...outdoor toilets, wax bog paper, real men back then.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Birkbeck College training grounds. on 15:06 - Jul 7 with 1317 views2Thomas2Bowles

I spent many happy hours as a child making little squares out of newspaper and hanging it on a wire hanger for the outside Kharsie

Wax paper was posh.

Those were the days...

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Birkbeck College training grounds. on 15:13 - Jul 7 with 1303 viewsBoston

Tapioca Pudding😉

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Birkbeck College training grounds. on 15:15 - Jul 7 with 1294 viewsisawqpratwcity

Birkbeck College training grounds. on 15:06 - Jul 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I spent many happy hours as a child making little squares out of newspaper and hanging it on a wire hanger for the outside Kharsie

Wax paper was posh.

Those were the days...

Every shiny sheet at my primary school was printed with the exhortation "NOW WASH YOUR HANDS".

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Birkbeck College training grounds. on 15:21 - Jul 7 with 1280 viewsEsox_Lucius

Birkbeck College training grounds. on 14:33 - Jul 7 by PlanetHonneywood

I used to work down Rockware Avenue and occasionally the first team would be training when I finished work so I would pop in and have a ganders and a chat to the players. One such occasion was after the 7-1 defeat at Hillsborough and during that game I noticed Gavin Maguire duck his head under a goal line clearance and formed the opinion that Barron had given him a shout of "Leave it". I asked Gavin and he confirmed that was exactly what had happened and explained in graphic detail just how unenamoured he was at that time with Barron I also spoke with Clive Walker and asked if the abuse he was getting from the R's faithful was getting to him. His response was along the lines of "Nah, I've been c u nted off at much bigger clubs than QPR" A stalwart.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 16:57]

The grass is always greener.

Birkbeck College training grounds. on 15:26 - Jul 7 with 1258 views2Thomas2Bowles

Birkbeck College training grounds. on 15:15 - Jul 7 by isawqpratwcity

Every shiny sheet at my primary school was printed with the exhortation "NOW WASH YOUR HANDS".

That's coz the shite slid off the paper and on to your hands

Whoever invented Izel toilet paper never wiped his arse with it.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Birkbeck College training grounds. on 12:56 - Jul 8 with 1082 viewsloftboy

Birkbeck College training grounds. on 15:15 - Jul 7 by isawqpratwcity

I am quite proud to say that in my 11 years at school I never once took a dump. Couldn’t face the thought of wiping my backside on grease proof paper.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Birkbeck College training grounds. on 12:58 - Jul 8 with 1073 viewsMick_S

Birkbeck College training grounds. on 12:56 - Jul 8 by loftboy

I am quite proud to say that in my 11 years at school I never once took a dump. Couldn’t face the thought of wiping my backside on grease proof paper.

Did you get a certificate?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024