Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of season/pre-season/next season 13:37 - Jul 7 with 2594 views100percent

Looks like the intention is to start the new season pretty damn close to the end of this season. Going to put a lot of pressure on the backroom staff
With that in mind it seems like we will need to be ready to hit the ground running with picking up new players, blooding new youngsters and creating a game plan probably without Eze, Samuel and our loan players.... I wonder how prepared they are for this short run?
I'm assuming that Warburton and co must have identified the players that want to get and who they want to develop - there must be conversations about loan players too.
Looks like there will be some wholesale changes.....
End of season/pre-season/next season on 14:23 - Jul 7 with 2468 viewsdaveB

I'd have thought next season will start mid September so they will have 2 weeks off then start pre season, i doubt there will be many friendlies either bit like the restart last month

For the rest of this season I'd like to see kakay get a run and see what he can do, a few games for Masterson and Oteh but really we should be looking to play a strong side and finish as high as we possible can

I don't think a massive rebuild is needed but would expect 7/8 new players to come but all dependent on who we sell. I think with the seasons so close together the club may try and keep hold of Eze, Bright etc until January
End of season/pre-season/next season on 14:33 - Jul 7 with 2438 viewsfrancisbowles

End of season/pre-season/next season on 14:23 - Jul 7 by daveB

I'd have thought next season will start mid September so they will have 2 weeks off then start pre season, i doubt there will be many friendlies either bit like the restart last month

For the rest of this season I'd like to see kakay get a run and see what he can do, a few games for Masterson and Oteh but really we should be looking to play a strong side and finish as high as we possible can

I don't think a massive rebuild is needed but would expect 7/8 new players to come but all dependent on who we sell. I think with the seasons so close together the club may try and keep hold of Eze, Bright etc until January

If Bright and Manning don't sign a new extended contract with us, then if we get 'acceptable 'offers we will sell as they will be worth, less in January and nothing next summer.

Eze slighty different as he has the extra year (option). I think we will sell if we get a really good offer though.
End of season/pre-season/next season on 14:33 - Jul 7 with 2439 viewsDannyPaddox

New season start in mid-September? Just in time for the second spike and lockdown part deux.
End of season/pre-season/next season on 15:19 - Jul 7 with 2348 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

End of season/pre-season/next season on 14:33 - Jul 7 by francisbowles

If Bright and Manning don't sign a new extended contract with us, then if we get 'acceptable 'offers we will sell as they will be worth, less in January and nothing next summer.

Eze slighty different as he has the extra year (option). I think we will sell if we get a really good offer though.

I think that we’ll get some sort of fee for all three players you mentioned. Even if they run down their contract there will be a tribunal as they’re all young players. I’m not sure how it works exactly or how much we’ll get.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

End of season/pre-season/next season on 15:20 - Jul 7 with 2338 viewsdaveB

End of season/pre-season/next season on 14:33 - Jul 7 by francisbowles

Bright and Manning would go to a tribunal so if we don't get big bids for them i think the club will take a chance and keep them but so much depends on what the EFL do with wage caps or FFP, that will determine how desperate the club will be to sell in the next window
End of season/pre-season/next season on 17:13 - Jul 7 with 2233 views100percent

End of season/pre-season/next season on 14:23 - Jul 7 by daveB

I think those two weeks are going to be crucial to get the players and contracts lined up so that we can go into the new season without being over exposed. Agree that we should be playing the players that we figure mostly next season, but as the injury to hugill demonstrates, we are lacking in forwards and various other positions. I get the impression that the first 4/5 games will act as the games that are normally friendlies, but with more at stake. The whole scenario puts even more pressure on managers to box off their signings and loans as early as possible.....
End of season/pre-season/next season (n/t) on 17:33 - Jul 7 with 2200 viewsbosh67

A friend of mine at Wycombe says Smyth is still really struggling for full fitness after his injury this season.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 17:34]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

End of season/pre-season/next season on 17:42 - Jul 7 with 2165 viewsted_hendrix

"With that in mind it seems like we will need to be ready to hit the ground running with picking up new players,"

I'd be surprised and a wee bit disappointed if we're not working on this already, the times have changed with this bastard virus and you've got to be thinking ahead, that said it's a difficult situation for the club (and other clubs too but bolox to them) we haven't got a clue who'll be leaving at the end of the season, the last thing you wan't is some rich grey suited fat bastard at the last minute snapping up your best players.

Gonna be interesting times ahead, this is something nobody has experienced before, need to be thinking ahead and hopefully not get caught out.

Not going to be easy though.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

End of season/pre-season/next season (n/t) on 22:09 - Jul 7 with 1879 viewsFrankRightguard

End of season/pre-season/next season (n/t) on 17:33 - Jul 7 by bosh67

A friend of mine at Wycombe says Smyth is still really struggling for full fitness after his injury this season.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 17:34]

Story of his career
End of season/pre-season/next season on 01:51 - Jul 8 with 1745 viewsDavieQPR

We wouldn't get much at a tribunal for BOS or Manning as they did most of their developing elsewhere and haven't been here very long. I still haven't seen anything in print about Eze having an extension clause in his contract.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024