Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who would you try to sign 17:34 - Jul 18 with 19275 viewsWrightUp5hit___

They keep telling us about the number of out of contact players looking for new clubs.

Add to that the players at clubs, where thanks to CoVid, there are going to be big, fire sale bargains.

So forgetting about the star players, that will still command premium prices, or Premier League shithousery and stockpiling. Who are the players that you would like to see at Loftus Road.

The Sheffield Wednesday Sam's, Winnall and Hutchison have been mentioned. Clive mentioned the well underrated Alex Mowatt. Tyrese Campbell would probably be a reach but maybe Stoke are heading into end of Sky money soon mode.

Anyways, who do you reckon?
Who would you try to sign on 14:15 - Jul 19 with 2279 viewsNorthernr

Who would you try to sign on 14:12 - Jul 19 by DannytheR

Ronan Curtis. Loads of potential and a very Rangers sort of player.

That said, the last player I was desperate for us to sign who we then did was Jordan Cousins, so therein lies a lesson, eh? (Although he's meant to have been playing well for Stoke since O'Neill took over.)

I could see the logic in Mowatt coming, but isn't Hutchinson already all but signed? I can't see us bringing in both, especially if Amos comes back either on loan or permanently.

I can see us going back in for Shankland or Lyndon Dykes north of the border. Even if we got another year with Hugill, we need at least one genuine prospect of our own upfront. Strikers are where the money is for a club with our model. And much as I really like Hugill, someone who can finish more than one chance in 17 would be worth half a dozen places in the table.

If Forest went up or just give up on him, the other player I could see MW going for would be Tyler Walker - Warburton gave him his debut and talked him up at the time. That said, given we've just got shot of his brother, it might be a bit delicate.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2020 14:13]

Yup, loved the Cousins signing as well.
Who would you try to sign on 14:17 - Jul 19 with 2272 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thinking about it, signing a striker as a prospect is tricky for us as we only play one up front most games. Part of the prospect's development would be regular matches but he's unlikely to get that with us if we stick with a lone striker.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Who would you try to sign on 14:18 - Jul 19 with 2264 viewsDiscodroids

I've had several bottles of Sagres as the chigwell mother in law is due over any minute and i now feel empowered to build a kepler particle taychon sub chamber from odds and sods in the shed to fold space and time in perpetuity. Thus i can go back in time to 1992 and recommend a young Fernando Redondo to Sir les.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Who would you try to sign on 14:20 - Jul 19 with 2253 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Who would you try to sign on 14:18 - Jul 19 by Discodroids

I've had several bottles of Sagres as the chigwell mother in law is due over any minute and i now feel empowered to build a kepler particle taychon sub chamber from odds and sods in the shed to fold space and time in perpetuity. Thus i can go back in time to 1992 and recommend a young Fernando Redondo to Sir les.

Or Neil Lennon.

Who would you try to sign on 14:49 - Jul 19 with 2190 viewsrsonist

Is Hutchinson "all but signed" now? Thought that was just a bit of talk but I forget the details.

Blink once for yes Norf.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2020 14:50]
Who would you try to sign on 14:52 - Jul 19 with 2186 viewsrsonist

Tyler Walker a good shout especially as they've reportedly agreed terms with Lyle Taylor.
Who would you try to sign on 14:53 - Jul 19 with 2184 viewsNorthernr

Who would you try to sign on 14:49 - Jul 19 by rsonist

Is Hutchinson "all but signed" now? Thought that was just a bit of talk but I forget the details.

Blink once for yes Norf.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2020 14:50]

Wednesday mates reckoned it was "done deal" months ago, and apparently he's already been training with us, but I don't know personally.
Who would you try to sign on 14:56 - Jul 19 with 2174 viewsHunterhoop

Who is the Finnish (?) lad training with us, who Warburton mentioned the other week? He’s a forward, isn’t he?
Login to get fewer ads

Who would you try to sign on 14:57 - Jul 19 with 2176 viewsNorthernr

Who would you try to sign on 14:56 - Jul 19 by Hunterhoop

Who is the Finnish (?) lad training with us, who Warburton mentioned the other week? He’s a forward, isn’t he?

Do you mean the Danish lad? Marco Ramkilde? Striker, 22, Danish youth caps but got a bad knee injury I think, has a contract for next season.
Who would you try to sign on 14:59 - Jul 19 with 2166 viewsHunterhoop

Who would you try to sign on 14:57 - Jul 19 by Northernr

Do you mean the Danish lad? Marco Ramkilde? Striker, 22, Danish youth caps but got a bad knee injury I think, has a contract for next season.

That’s the fella. The way he was mentioned made me think the club very much see him as a first team option for next season. Has anyone seen him play for the U23s or has he not even done that given the knee injury?
Who would you try to sign on 15:01 - Jul 19 with 2161 viewsNorthernr

Seems odd that he's not even on the bench. He's training, so not furloughed, and we only had six subs yesterday.
Who would you try to sign on 15:18 - Jul 19 with 2121 viewsflynnbo

Who would you try to sign on 15:01 - Jul 19 by Northernr

Seems odd that he's not even on the bench. He's training, so not furloughed, and we only had six subs yesterday.

Heard a rumour he'd tweaked a hamstring.
Who would you try to sign on 15:19 - Jul 19 with 2115 viewsHunterhoop

Who would you try to sign on 15:01 - Jul 19 by Northernr

Sure Warburton said he wasn’t fit. Not sure if that is an injury orvthey’re Using now as a proper elongated pre-season to get him ready for next year.
Who would you try to sign on 16:03 - Jul 19 with 2058 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Pure fantasy but I signed Karlan Grant on FIFA and we won promotion and then won the Premier league, just saying!
Who would you try to sign on 16:19 - Jul 19 with 2029 viewskarl

On the Scottish front.
Shankland seems not to be pushing for a move and happy to step up with Dundee United, I think it could take a lot of money to get him.
Dykes would be very affordable and can play the lone role well, aggressive with a good edge to him, has he got enough quality will be the problem but might be worth the risk?
If we were looking for an older player with good scoring pedigree in Scotland and Lge 1 then Liam Boyce ex Burton might be worth looking at, at Hearts on a big wage for them and should be available if we even took over his wages I'd think. Plays for NIreland occasionally and seems over his injuries.
Marc McNulty is still signed at Reading on a big wage and has been on loan twice at Hibs, first time did really well and was impressed by him, 2nd time not so good but Hibs were poorer in general too so perhaps that was an issue. Both times though he arrived unfit and took too long to get up to speed, in a league where fitness is so important I'm not sure about him and tbh I think he can only work as part of 2 up front or at least players up in support of him.
Declan Gallagher is a centre back at Motherwell who gets rave reviews but I've not seen much of him, has broken into the Scotland squad, Motherwell are developing players really well atm and are costing a few quid so would require a fee, think he's 27 so not a young lad.
McKenna, again won't be cheap and I don't think he's good enough for what they'll ask however he was considerably better than Ball so could well be what we're needing
Who would you try to sign on 17:15 - Jul 19 with 1937 viewsrsonist

Who would you try to sign on 16:19 - Jul 19 by karl

On the Scottish front.
Shankland seems not to be pushing for a move and happy to step up with Dundee United, I think it could take a lot of money to get him.
Dykes would be very affordable and can play the lone role well, aggressive with a good edge to him, has he got enough quality will be the problem but might be worth the risk?
If we were looking for an older player with good scoring pedigree in Scotland and Lge 1 then Liam Boyce ex Burton might be worth looking at, at Hearts on a big wage for them and should be available if we even took over his wages I'd think. Plays for NIreland occasionally and seems over his injuries.
Marc McNulty is still signed at Reading on a big wage and has been on loan twice at Hibs, first time did really well and was impressed by him, 2nd time not so good but Hibs were poorer in general too so perhaps that was an issue. Both times though he arrived unfit and took too long to get up to speed, in a league where fitness is so important I'm not sure about him and tbh I think he can only work as part of 2 up front or at least players up in support of him.
Declan Gallagher is a centre back at Motherwell who gets rave reviews but I've not seen much of him, has broken into the Scotland squad, Motherwell are developing players really well atm and are costing a few quid so would require a fee, think he's 27 so not a young lad.
McKenna, again won't be cheap and I don't think he's good enough for what they'll ask however he was considerably better than Ball so could well be what we're needing

There was that Jamie Hamilton at er, Hamilton we supposedly had a bid rejected for:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5368378/brighton-jamie-hamilton-
Who would you try to sign on 17:18 - Jul 19 with 1922 viewsfrancisbowles

Who would you try to sign on 16:19 - Jul 19 by karl

On the Scottish front.

Thanks for the insider info, Karl. Why do you compare McKenna to Ball?
Who would you try to sign on 17:21 - Jul 19 with 1915 viewskarl

Who would you try to sign on 17:15 - Jul 19 by rsonist

There was that Jamie Hamilton at er, Hamilton we supposedly had a bid rejected for:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5368378/brighton-jamie-hamilton-

Yes, only seen him play twice and sent off both times (!) got one red rescinded though.
Looked good for a young player but very raw, would definitely be back up in the mould of Masterson this season I would imagine?
As a Scotland supporter I'd rather he was playing league football as he's in a position we're sadly lacking and need to get games into these youngsters.
From a QPR perspective it would be worth getting him signed and loaned back for the season, Hamilton is a good club for developing players so would both gain from it I think. Accies, the same as all Scottish clubs, will be keen for transfer fees.
Who would you try to sign on 17:33 - Jul 19 with 1891 viewsrsonist

IIRC a Celtic reporter at The Athletic said McKenna going there was "probable.”
Who would you try to sign on 18:28 - Jul 19 with 1804 viewskarl

Who would you try to sign on 17:18 - Jul 19 by francisbowles

Thanks for the insider info, Karl. Why do you compare McKenna to Ball?

Ball often played in defence for Aberdeen, think he suffered as he was shifted about a lot along defence line and midfield.
McKenna was a lot better in that team than Ball, it's fair to say Ball was not a highly rated player in Scotland and I think he's been more effective than I thought he would be.
Edit
Obviously Ball is not playing for us in the same position as McKenna will, it's just his transition to Championship would be ok as a defender. His lack of ball playing ability will be the biggest problem we would have
[Post edited 19 Jul 2020 18:30]
Who would you try to sign on 10:19 - Jul 20 with 1630 viewsfrancisbowles

Who would you try to sign on 18:28 - Jul 19 by karl

Ball often played in defence for Aberdeen, think he suffered as he was shifted about a lot along defence line and midfield.
McKenna was a lot better in that team than Ball, it's fair to say Ball was not a highly rated player in Scotland and I think he's been more effective than I thought he would be.
Edit
Obviously Ball is not playing for us in the same position as McKenna will, it's just his transition to Championship would be ok as a defender. His lack of ball playing ability will be the biggest problem we would have
[Post edited 19 Jul 2020 18:30]

Thanks Karl, I didn't know that. I agree Ball has been much better than expected, especially with the ball. He does however have a few poor games as well. I think he is better with Cameron's solidity (kicking and trampling over opponents) beside him.

One thing I have noticed with Dom is always maximum effort.
Who would you try to sign on 11:29 - Jul 20 with 1568 viewskarl

Who would you try to sign on 10:19 - Jul 20 by francisbowles

Thanks Karl, I didn't know that. I agree Ball has been much better than expected, especially with the ball. He does however have a few poor games as well. I think he is better with Cameron's solidity (kicking and trampling over opponents) beside him.

One thing I have noticed with Dom is always maximum effort.

Yes having watched 5 of the post lock down games I can say I've admired Balls attitude and work rate although his loss of possession often means he's harrying players he's given the ball too.
Don't like him and Amos together but certainly seemed to work for both of them when Cameron moved into midfield.
McKenna would be a good defensive option to go in next to Barbet but he's left footed so maybe not the option if we're spending a decent fee.
I'm thinking Barbet is left footed!?
Who would you try to sign on 11:32 - Jul 20 with 1565 viewsfrancisbowles

Who would you try to sign on 11:29 - Jul 20 by karl

Yes having watched 5 of the post lock down games I can say I've admired Balls attitude and work rate although his loss of possession often means he's harrying players he's given the ball too.
Don't like him and Amos together but certainly seemed to work for both of them when Cameron moved into midfield.
McKenna would be a good defensive option to go in next to Barbet but he's left footed so maybe not the option if we're spending a decent fee.
I'm thinking Barbet is left footed!?

Yes, Barbet is most certainly left footed, so that would probably only work well if we went to a three at the back.
Who would you try to sign on 11:41 - Jul 20 with 1554 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Who would you try to sign on 11:32 - Jul 20 by francisbowles

Yes, Barbet is most certainly left footed, so that would probably only work well if we went to a three at the back.

Ideally, but most teams have two right-footed centre-backs whereas traditionally playing two lefties is seen as a bigger problem for some reason.

Who would you try to sign on 12:20 - Jul 20 with 1517 viewsfrancisbowles

Who would you try to sign on 11:41 - Jul 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Ideally, but most teams have two right-footed centre-backs whereas traditionally playing two lefties is seen as a bigger problem for some reason.

I always think one of each is best. I get your point, perhaps it is because lefties tend to be very left and look more awkward when getting it on their swinger.

They do tend to look great with the left though, Bowles, Puskas (not the reading one) even Manning.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024