Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other clubs transfers - summer thread 15:07 - Jul 20 with 95113 viewsNorthernr

Sheff Utd in for Jon Swift at Reading at a bargain £3.5m.
Looks like a buyers' market...
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 13:45 - Aug 2 with 4010 viewsrsonist

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 11:48 - Aug 2 by Gloucs_R

I read a few articles last year to say we were...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/11919912/qpr-turn-to-tottenhams-tr

So assumed we'd be looking again.

Lyall Thomas is trustworthy but I thought I'd read that Parrot wasn't available for loaning last season due to some obscure rule that would have disqualified his homegrown status.

In January McIntyre wrote of "a desire to bring in an emerging striker" of our own to groom alongside the senior loans:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qprs-deadline-day-striker-search-eze-and-cry

Last summer we were supposedly among the runners for Nketiah though so either that's not a policy set in stone, or it's changed now we're not revamping a whole team in one go.

Personally I don't get the impression we were in for (and therefore rejected by) Parrott but I could be wrong. It's not a bad loan for him or Spurs now they play more like Millwall than like us.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 13:57 - Aug 2 with 3974 viewsDannyPaddox

The Parrott QPR transfer rumour is no more! It has ceased to be! It’s expired and gone to meet 'its maker! It’s a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! Its kicked the bucket, it’s shuffled off it’s mortal coil, run down the curtain cos he’s joined the bleedin Millwall!! IT IS AN EX-QPR TRANSFER RUMOUR!!
[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 19:59]
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 14:03 - Aug 2 with 3942 viewsMatch82

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 13:45 - Aug 2 by rsonist

Lyall Thomas is trustworthy but I thought I'd read that Parrot wasn't available for loaning last season due to some obscure rule that would have disqualified his homegrown status.

In January McIntyre wrote of "a desire to bring in an emerging striker" of our own to groom alongside the senior loans:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qprs-deadline-day-striker-search-eze-and-cry

Last summer we were supposedly among the runners for Nketiah though so either that's not a policy set in stone, or it's changed now we're not revamping a whole team in one go.

Personally I don't get the impression we were in for (and therefore rejected by) Parrott but I could be wrong. It's not a bad loan for him or Spurs now they play more like Millwall than like us.

Suspect this was financial in nature rather than the players personal choice
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 14:19 - Aug 2 with 3875 viewsswitchingcode

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 13:38 - Aug 2 by rsonist

Marcello Trotta particularly good.

Some very good moments scoring the winner at Orient
My worse moment his penalty miss v Donny
Pritchard and Saville were excellent
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 14:34 - Aug 2 with 3846 viewsrsonist

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 14:03 - Aug 2 by Match82

Suspect this was financial in nature rather than the players personal choice

Why?
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 18:29 - Aug 2 with 3616 viewsMatch82

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 14:34 - Aug 2 by rsonist

Why?

Because Hoos showed last year that he's not going to pay inflated players for loans and would rather wait until the last minute and have more leverage in negotiations. If Spurs had an excessive asking price (and from what they've said about Parrott they really like him and wouldn't let him go cheap) then Millwall would be much more likely to meet it than us
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 19:35 - Aug 2 with 3495 viewsrsonist

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 14:19 - Aug 2 by switchingcode

Some very good moments scoring the winner at Orient
My worse moment his penalty miss v Donny
Pritchard and Saville were excellent

I was mainly referring to the penalty :)
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 19:41 - Aug 2 with 3479 viewsrsonist

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 18:29 - Aug 2 by Match82

Because Hoos showed last year that he's not going to pay inflated players for loans and would rather wait until the last minute and have more leverage in negotiations. If Spurs had an excessive asking price (and from what they've said about Parrott they really like him and wouldn't let him go cheap) then Millwall would be much more likely to meet it than us

Possibly but I can't see Wall being in a situation to pay much more than we might.

Parrott mentioned Kane's loan there as being a big factor (and Molumby's, who he knows through the Irish youth set up). Kane said it "really turned me into a man" which I somehow doubt Amos will be repeating...
Login to get fewer ads

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 21:36 - Aug 2 with 3305 viewsdistortR

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 19:41 - Aug 2 by rsonist

Possibly but I can't see Wall being in a situation to pay much more than we might.

Parrott mentioned Kane's loan there as being a big factor (and Molumby's, who he knows through the Irish youth set up). Kane said it "really turned me into a man" which I somehow doubt Amos will be repeating...

Surely parrott parroted Kane?
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 22:52 - Aug 2 with 3214 viewsswitchingcode

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 19:35 - Aug 2 by rsonist

I was mainly referring to the penalty :)

Of course 😉
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 23:24 - Aug 5 with 2876 viewsrsonist

Familiar hooks in ever deeper at Arsenal:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/05/arsenal-plan-55-redundancies-to

But while there is surprise and considerable anger internally regarding the redundancies, there is also a certain sense the scouting department had been considered ripe for targeting. Arsenal’s hierarchy is perceived to have chosen a more agent-led approach to earmarking players over the past 18 months, with Kia Joorabchian’s influence coming under increasing scrutiny, and disquiet about their processes has been growing.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 19:53 - Aug 6 with 2539 viewsGloucs_R

Lots of talk about clubs being interested in the Brentford front 3. Prices ranging from 16 million to 25 million for each player.

you could look at that in two ways. The first being it might help to increase the value of Eze. The second being that because other players of similar quality are on the market the prices might be driven down.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 20:47 - Aug 6 with 2469 viewsHanwellHoopster

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 19:53 - Aug 6 by Gloucs_R

Lots of talk about clubs being interested in the Brentford front 3. Prices ranging from 16 million to 25 million for each player.

you could look at that in two ways. The first being it might help to increase the value of Eze. The second being that because other players of similar quality are on the market the prices might be driven down.

Hard to see why it will drive the price for Eze up. Fewer clubs in for Eze if one of them buys Benrahma, less competition, less likely the price is driven up.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 21:13 - Aug 6 with 2424 viewsMatch82

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 20:47 - Aug 6 by HanwellHoopster

Hard to see why it will drive the price for Eze up. Fewer clubs in for Eze if one of them buys Benrahma, less competition, less likely the price is driven up.

More like make people think twice before trying to deflate value "because COVID"
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 21:14 - Aug 6 with 2419 viewsfrancisbowles

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 19:53 - Aug 6 by Gloucs_R

I was hoping it would be Brentford up, partly for that reason.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 21:33 - Aug 6 with 2380 viewsGloucs_R

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 21:14 - Aug 6 by francisbowles

I was hoping it would be Brentford up, partly for that reason.

Got to be honest, me too.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 22:00 - Aug 6 with 2345 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 23:24 - Aug 5 by rsonist

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/05/arsenal-plan-55-redundancies-to

But while there is surprise and considerable anger internally regarding the redundancies, there is also a certain sense the scouting department had been considered ripe for targeting. Arsenal’s hierarchy is perceived to have chosen a more agent-led approach to earmarking players over the past 18 months, with Kia Joorabchian’s influence coming under increasing scrutiny, and disquiet about their processes has been growing.

Good article, thanks for the link.

But the wording is strange - is Cagigao being outed for getting to close to Joorabchian, or getting shifted because the board are getting closer to Jaroobchian so Cagigao is no longer needed?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 00:34 - Aug 7 with 2221 viewsNorthernr

Barnsley one to watch. Two of their excellently scouted, Moneyball recruited, young, lower league prospects randomly transferred to mighty KV Oostende in a week. Chairman has an interest in both clubs, effectively handing an inflated transfer fee from his right hand to his left hand. Another Watford? Or another Forest? Or another Charlton?
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 01:53 - Aug 7 with 2164 viewsMatch82

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 23:24 - Aug 5 by rsonist

55 people gone. Wonder whether their combined annual salaries will cover the salary of one Willian. What a world.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 02:01 - Aug 7 with 2160 viewsrsonist

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 00:34 - Aug 7 by Northernr

Barnsley one to watch. Two of their excellently scouted, Moneyball recruited, young, lower league prospects randomly transferred to mighty KV Oostende in a week. Chairman has an interest in both clubs, effectively handing an inflated transfer fee from his right hand to his left hand. Another Watford? Or another Forest? Or another Charlton?

Looks mostly like getting high earners/squad filler off the books fast in anticipation of incoming salary cap and maximum 22 player registration. No suggestion of fees being paid, and doesn't seem as though there's any big shop window development plans for them. They also have a stake in a Swiss club I don't recall Barnsley having any interaction with.

Prob kosher enough but after the fuss they kicked up about FFP injustice still feels like they're breaking bad.

Spiritual homecoming for McGeehan's barnet at least...

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 02:14 - Aug 7 with 2152 viewsrsonist

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 22:00 - Aug 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Good article, thanks for the link.

But the wording is strange - is Cagigao being outed for getting to close to Joorabchian, or getting shifted because the board are getting closer to Jaroobchian so Cagigao is no longer needed?

The latter. All recruitment now a fiefdom of Kia and associate cronies, presented with dismal shamelessness as Covid sustainability.
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 23:30 - Aug 10 with 1779 viewsaston_hoop

That Anthonee Robinson, the one that nearly went to AC Milan for £10 million is off to Sheff U for £1.5 million. Wigan also lost their potentially brightest prospect Joe Gelhardt to Leeds today. Being stripped for peanuts it seems.

Sheff U make some shrewd signings though, actually last time they wasted good cash on someone who can't get a game is Freeman isnt it?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 00:09 - Aug 11 with 1697 viewsMyke

Might be no harm that we didn't get Parrott. I'm reading that he has close friendship with members of Kinahan cartel. We are perfectly capable of generating our own controversies without courting more
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 00:12 - Aug 11 with 1695 viewsrsonist

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 23:30 - Aug 10 by aston_hoop

That Anthonee Robinson, the one that nearly went to AC Milan for £10 million is off to Sheff U for £1.5 million. Wigan also lost their potentially brightest prospect Joe Gelhardt to Leeds today. Being stripped for peanuts it seems.

Sheff U make some shrewd signings though, actually last time they wasted good cash on someone who can't get a game is Freeman isnt it?

Callum Robinson cost £7m, spent half the season on loan at WBA. Ben Osborn £4m, 6 starts. McBurnie and Mousset scored 6 goals each (still top scorers though!) for a combined £27m and the latter's on the way out with attitude problems. Jack Rodwell! Ravel Morrison!
Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 01:09 - Aug 11 with 1649 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Other clubs transfers - summer thread on 00:12 - Aug 11 by rsonist

Callum Robinson cost £7m, spent half the season on loan at WBA. Ben Osborn £4m, 6 starts. McBurnie and Mousset scored 6 goals each (still top scorers though!) for a combined £27m and the latter's on the way out with attitude problems. Jack Rodwell! Ravel Morrison!

Didn't they take on Conor Washington last year?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024