Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play off final or fa cup final. 17:28 - Jul 30 with 5103 viewsqpr_1968

Work with a couple of fulham fans who said to me this morning they are not fussed whether they go to the premier or not...i know they've gotta win tonight then beat brentford in the final, but a day out at wembley would have been nice, then lose. They would rather be in an fa cup final.
Brentford on the the other hand would obviously like to experience the premier for the first time and make their own minds up.

Got me thinking, as a qpr fan, what would you prefere, a play off final to the premier, or an fa cup final.....with fans of course.
Think i would still edge going to the premier.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Play off final or fa cup final. on 12:56 - Aug 1 with 689 viewstimcocking

Play off final or fa cup final. on 18:04 - Jul 30 by The_Beast1976

Seconded.

The PL really is a pile of absolute shite

Thirded, this.
Play off final or fa cup final. on 13:33 - Aug 2 with 615 viewsKonk

Play off final or fa cup final. on 10:16 - Aug 1 by rsonist

Hang on, would you swap that Europa run for winning the FA Cup ? Okay you didn't win it but not sure I would personally.

Thinking about it, no, I probably wouldn't swap it. That was an amazing run. I thought I'd be okay with losing the final - just happy to have got there - but I was absolutely gutted. I was clearing debt whilst saving for a wedding, so had to take calculated gambles with holiday allowance and finances. Not ideal timing, but I was very lucky to get to the games I did. One of my best mates is a massive Forest fan, who still hasn't come to terms with having been fractionally too young to have travelled away during their European cup winning days.

I could only do CSKA Sofia, Roma, HSV in the semi-final and Atleti in the final (also in Hamburg). Missed out on Vetra (Vilnius), Amkar Perm ('closed' city in Russia), Basel, Shaktar Donetsk, Juventus, and Wolfsburg. Only gutted to miss Basel and Donetsk.

In our other runs, I got to see us at Hajduk Split, Hertha Berlin, Crusaders (Belfast) and Wisla Krakow. Missed our group games against Twente and Odense the last time we were in Europe because I was confident of going through and wanted to save money/holiday for later games...still can't believe we managed to fu ck that up!

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Play off final or fa cup final. on 14:20 - Aug 4 with 536 viewsYorkRanger

Play off final or fa cup final. on 13:33 - Aug 2 by Konk

Thinking about it, no, I probably wouldn't swap it. That was an amazing run. I thought I'd be okay with losing the final - just happy to have got there - but I was absolutely gutted. I was clearing debt whilst saving for a wedding, so had to take calculated gambles with holiday allowance and finances. Not ideal timing, but I was very lucky to get to the games I did. One of my best mates is a massive Forest fan, who still hasn't come to terms with having been fractionally too young to have travelled away during their European cup winning days.

I could only do CSKA Sofia, Roma, HSV in the semi-final and Atleti in the final (also in Hamburg). Missed out on Vetra (Vilnius), Amkar Perm ('closed' city in Russia), Basel, Shaktar Donetsk, Juventus, and Wolfsburg. Only gutted to miss Basel and Donetsk.

In our other runs, I got to see us at Hajduk Split, Hertha Berlin, Crusaders (Belfast) and Wisla Krakow. Missed our group games against Twente and Odense the last time we were in Europe because I was confident of going through and wanted to save money/holiday for later games...still can't believe we managed to fu ck that up!

Great chance to enjoy all those away games. Not bothered about Italy particularly but Hungary, Poland, Germany, Belgium - fantastic
Play off final or fa cup final. on 14:33 - Aug 4 with 521 viewsessextaxiboy

Play off final or fa cup final. on 10:58 - Jul 31 by Juzzie

HAving already been to a few reserves games with my brother and dad, that game at Hibury was my first proper game. Just my Dad and I as my brother was away and we were right at the top of the north bank. Didn't see much of the game and all I saw of the goal was the WBA defender clearing the ball, with Allen bearing down, then pandemonium. Never saw the ball go in but the terrace went mental.

Furlong's goal was just as good and have never before or since seen LR go so ballistic.

I was standing next to my brother , in about 2 seconds he was about 20 feet away. A brilliant day ,
However it would be the PlayOffs for me . I know Sky have all but killed the game we love but I enjoy the buzz when you come out at White city , the touts ,cameras, packed streets.

We sell out every week and I have my seat reserved to watch us have a crack at some big names including Chelsea of course.

If we kept our heads regarding finances it would go a way to ensuring our survival in the future as well .
Play off final or fa cup final. on 14:54 - Aug 4 with 502 viewsNorthantsHoop

Play off final or fa cup final. on 10:18 - Jul 31 by PlanetHonneywood

The thing I recall most about Furlong’s goal, was the upper loft shaking.

But for those of us of a certain vintage, Clive Allen’s goal at Highbury was the one I’ll never forget. The FA Cup meant more back then and was arguably for me, more emotional and louder than that memorable night at home to Oldham.

Totally agree, that run to the 82 cup final was brilliant. The day out at Wembley and the replay, can't beat it. The 86 Milk Cup final was much more of a let down, shame as we were the favourites.
Even though Play Off final, great experience, would have to go for Cup finals, as even though they have been devalued in last 20 years, the opportunity to be a cup winner from a smaller club cannot be overlooked.
Play off final or fa cup final. on 15:49 - Aug 4 with 480 viewsJuzzie

[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 15:52]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024