Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations Harrogate 18:06 - Aug 2 with 3036 viewsQPRSteve

Second promotion on the bounce.

Beat Notts County 3-1 in the National League Play Off
Congratulations Harrogate on 18:10 - Aug 2 with 2617 viewsterryb

They now have approx six weeks to convert their pitch from artificial to grass/turf.

I was asked by a friend if the EFL & Premier banned plastic pitches because of Queens Park Rangers. I replied that was due to Luton & Preston playing on inferior pitches to what we had!
Congratulations Harrogate on 18:14 - Aug 2 with 2590 viewsstowmarketrange

They started well and they should’ve been at least 3-0 up by ht.Notts county had a bit of a good spell until the drinks break in the 2nd half,but Harrogate broke away and scored the third to virtually finish the game off.
It’s nice to see someone different in the league,but I feel a bit sorry for Notts County missing out on promotion.
Congratulations Harrogate on 18:20 - Aug 2 with 2568 viewsstowmarketrange

Congratulations Harrogate on 18:10 - Aug 2 by terryb

They now have approx six weeks to convert their pitch from artificial to grass/turf.

I was asked by a friend if the EFL & Premier banned plastic pitches because of Queens Park Rangers. I replied that was due to Luton & Preston playing on inferior pitches to what we had!

Ours was bad though.I just found the video of the game I played on it in Nov 1987.I think the pitch had definitely got worse in the later years of its time.
There was a big strip that was a bit lower than the rest of the pitch just outside the penalty area at the loft end.God knows how top quality players coped with it?
Congratulations Harrogate on 18:43 - Aug 2 with 2506 viewsqprxtc

Harrogate? Is that on the Bakerloo line?
Congratulations Harrogate on 18:55 - Aug 2 with 2494 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Congratulations Harrogate on 18:43 - Aug 2 by qprxtc

Harrogate? Is that on the Bakerloo line?

You can't play on the line.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Congratulations Harrogate on 23:59 - Aug 2 with 2246 viewselnombre

Went to see them once, on a gosh-awful wet day - soaked through on the way there, so paid the 12-year-old lad on the turnstile the extra £2 each for seats in the covered stand.

As we were just choosing where to settle (stand capacity 1000, occupants 6) a steward asked to see our tickets, said we had standing (uncovered) ones only and, as if it really mattered, as though I were some sort of £2-seat-scamming Zulu trying to get in to his Rourke's Drift on the cheap, insisted I went back to the gate, round three sides of the ground (home end now closed with players emerging), and back, in the sodding rain, to sort them out.

I hope they go straight back down.

(Okay, not really, but get some decent stewards).
Congratulations Harrogate on 08:06 - Aug 3 with 2136 viewsmikeygunn

Lived in Harrogate up until recently and worked for the hospital literally next to the ground. Seen lots of changes over the last 15 years. Moved to Pickering now (up the pikes) but Harrogate is the closest league team to me still.
Congratulations Harrogate on 09:39 - Aug 3 with 2055 viewsDannyPaddox

Nice toffee
Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations Harrogate on 10:02 - Aug 3 with 2030 viewsterryb

We don't want to be drawn against them in the League Cup.

Jon Stead always scores against us!
Congratulations Harrogate on 11:12 - Aug 3 with 1976 viewsBoston

The Sulphurites!
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 11:15]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Congratulations Harrogate on 13:07 - Aug 3 with 1915 viewsYorkRanger

Congratulations Harrogate on 08:06 - Aug 3 by mikeygunn

Lived in Harrogate up until recently and worked for the hospital literally next to the ground. Seen lots of changes over the last 15 years. Moved to Pickering now (up the pikes) but Harrogate is the closest league team to me still.

Listen out for a U Rsss in the Market Place.....
Congratulations Harrogate on 13:09 - Aug 3 with 1912 viewsYorkRanger

Lovely town, very well to do and gentile. Some amusing comments on Twitter saying the locals congratulating the team wont be so happy when a couple of thousand Bolton fans are marching across the Stray (which is like a big common) to the ground..
Congratulations Harrogate on 13:11 - Aug 3 with 1910 viewsmikeygunn

Congratulations Harrogate on 13:07 - Aug 3 by YorkRanger

Listen out for a U Rsss in the Market Place.....

You sorted my playoff ticket! Are you up Pickering way? I remember you saying it wasn’t York but couldn’t remember exactly where. I’m quite often wearing QPR stuff so come and say Ola!
Congratulations Harrogate on 13:19 - Aug 3 with 1900 viewsYorkRanger

Congratulations Harrogate on 13:11 - Aug 3 by mikeygunn

You sorted my playoff ticket! Are you up Pickering way? I remember you saying it wasn’t York but couldn’t remember exactly where. I’m quite often wearing QPR stuff so come and say Ola!

I'm close by mate, I'll be sure to watch out for you! Just got my QPR facemask so you'll spot me in Lidl....
Congratulations Harrogate on 13:33 - Aug 3 with 1877 viewsTacticalR

Congratulations Harrogate on 13:09 - Aug 3 by YorkRanger

Lovely town, very well to do and gentile. Some amusing comments on Twitter saying the locals congratulating the team wont be so happy when a couple of thousand Bolton fans are marching across the Stray (which is like a big common) to the ground..

goys everywhere

Air hostess clique

Congratulations Harrogate on 13:46 - Aug 3 with 1859 viewsJigsore

well done my local club! I was bricking it in the build-up to the game but that lovely goal on the fifth minute settled me down. thought if we just got to the second half drinks break they'd be fine

a lot better than some of the early season games I went to when they lost 2-0 to a Dover side with a certain Oscar Gobern in midfield...

real shame the EFL aren't willing to entertain the idea of fake turf still. it was in constant use by youth teams, community groups or just groups who want to rent it for a bit of fun as well as providing extra revenue

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Congratulations Harrogate on 14:10 - Aug 3 with 1829 viewsrsonist

Sulphurites. Cool name
Congratulations Harrogate on 14:42 - Aug 3 with 1792 viewsDannyPaddox

Other teams with period table-based nicknames:

The Iron - Scunthorpe Utd
The Irons -West Ham Utd
The Copper Bullets - Zambia
The Oxygen Thieves - Chelsea
Congratulations Harrogate on 14:52 - Aug 3 with 1775 viewskensalriser

Congratulations Harrogate on 10:02 - Aug 3 by terryb

We don't want to be drawn against them in the League Cup.

Jon Stead always scores against us!

Harrogate to progress in the league cup with a win at QPR. Think I’ll get a bet on now before the bookies price it up as a near certainty.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Congratulations Harrogate on 18:22 - Aug 3 with 1707 viewsBoston

Congratulations Harrogate on 14:10 - Aug 3 by rsonist

Sulphurites. Cool name

Maybe, but it stinks to high heaven.

Congratulations Harrogate on 19:03 - Aug 3 with 1685 viewsSharpy36

Congratulations Harrogate on 13:46 - Aug 3 by Jigsore

well done my local club! I was bricking it in the build-up to the game but that lovely goal on the fifth minute settled me down. thought if we just got to the second half drinks break they'd be fine

a lot better than some of the early season games I went to when they lost 2-0 to a Dover side with a certain Oscar Gobern in midfield...

real shame the EFL aren't willing to entertain the idea of fake turf still. it was in constant use by youth teams, community groups or just groups who want to rent it for a bit of fun as well as providing extra revenue

My local team have one. As you say a great way for smaller clubs to generate extra income. Hopefully the EFL see some sense and at least allow them up to League 1 level.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Congratulations Harrogate on 14:53 - Aug 4 with 1554 viewsNorthernr

Another one for the 'stuff only the EFL would come up with" file.

Not only will Harrogate not be allowed to keep their artificial pitch, they're being made to ground share at Doncaster Rovers (90 mile round trip) until they've torn up.
Congratulations Harrogate on 14:56 - Aug 4 with 1548 viewsMick_S

Congratulations Harrogate on 14:53 - Aug 4 by Northernr

Another one for the 'stuff only the EFL would come up with" file.

Not only will Harrogate not be allowed to keep their artificial pitch, they're being made to ground share at Doncaster Rovers (90 mile round trip) until they've torn up.

Here's some chips. Here comes someone to p iss on them.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Congratulations Harrogate on 15:35 - Aug 4 with 1499 viewsBoston

Congratulations Harrogate on 14:56 - Aug 4 by Mick_S

Here's some chips. Here comes someone to p iss on them.

If I’d have known that was the vinegar.,,,

Congratulations Harrogate on 16:02 - Aug 4 with 1478 viewswelwynranger

Congratulations Harrogate on 15:35 - Aug 4 by Boston

If I’d have known that was the vinegar.,,,

The league's newest team replaces the league's oldest team.
It's a funny old game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024