Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers 06:42 - Aug 4 with 2987 viewsNorthernr

Here we go then. It gets better from here I promise...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52717
End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 08:27 - Aug 4 with 2188 viewsgazza1

Agree with your analysis Norf........how your remember all those incidents is pretty sad though!!!

The thing is that I am not sure if a keeper is on the 'buy' list and somehow we have got to improve these keepers otherwise it will affect our confidence of our defenders which will lead to lots of conceded goals against us.
End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 09:04 - Aug 4 with 2105 viewsstevec

Can’t argue with any of that. Desperately need an experienced keeper with safe hands.

Watching a few Brentford games recently, whilst they play out from the back it was noticeable it largely meant interaction between defenders and midfield whilst the keeper was included almost as an act of last resort. Compare us, we seem to use the keeper as an integral part of the chain, in fact the go to option when under even the mildest pressure. I’d say that reflects a weakness in our defenders more so than the keepers.
End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 09:20 - Aug 4 with 2084 viewsessextaxiboy

Agree with all of that , I would let Kelly and Barnes go . Start with Lumley and Dieng for the first team and the other two for the younger squads .
End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 09:21 - Aug 4 with 2082 viewsNorthernr

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 09:04 - Aug 4 by stevec

Can’t argue with any of that. Desperately need an experienced keeper with safe hands.

Watching a few Brentford games recently, whilst they play out from the back it was noticeable it largely meant interaction between defenders and midfield whilst the keeper was included almost as an act of last resort. Compare us, we seem to use the keeper as an integral part of the chain, in fact the go to option when under even the mildest pressure. I’d say that reflects a weakness in our defenders more so than the keepers.

Hmmm, not sure I agree on the Brentford thing, Raya is exceptional with his feet and is confident to the point of over confidence - Wells nearly tackled him into the net with the ball at theirs. We do pass back to the keeper way too often though I agree, lazy option for players lacking confidence.
End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 09:21 - Aug 4 with 2080 viewsNorthernr

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 08:27 - Aug 4 by gazza1

Agree with your analysis Norf........how your remember all those incidents is pretty sad though!!!

The thing is that I am not sure if a keeper is on the 'buy' list and somehow we have got to improve these keepers otherwise it will affect our confidence of our defenders which will lead to lots of conceded goals against us.

Videos Gaz. Endless, endless videos. Day and night. For weeks and weeks.
I'm going to be some catch for somebody someday.
End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 09:36 - Aug 4 with 2038 viewsMedwayR

Not sure how Lumley can spend half a season throwing the ball in the net every other game and get a D, and then Kelly does little wrong but only gets a C/D. I'd think Lumley would be worth an F to be honest, he's been terrible and cost us a lot of points. Even with his improved form of late he's still had hiccups and moments of flapping at crosses.

Poll: Who’s better?

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 09:42 - Aug 4 with 2026 viewsrsonist

MW's defence of signing Barnes actually does make sense - if we hadn't have signed Kelly. That was the addition that made a horlicks of the situation.
End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 10:05 - Aug 4 with 1963 viewsAntti_Heinola

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 09:36 - Aug 4 by MedwayR

Not sure how Lumley can spend half a season throwing the ball in the net every other game and get a D, and then Kelly does little wrong but only gets a C/D. I'd think Lumley would be worth an F to be honest, he's been terrible and cost us a lot of points. Even with his improved form of late he's still had hiccups and moments of flapping at crosses.

Think this is harsh.
there's a cigarette paper between them.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 10:28 - Aug 4 with 1923 viewsDorse

Lumley: statuesque leggy blond whose sheets are far from clean.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 10:34 - Aug 4 with 1910 viewsMedwayR

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 10:05 - Aug 4 by Antti_Heinola

Think this is harsh.
there's a cigarette paper between them.

Kelly isn’t great but hasn’t done much wrong. Could’ve done better with some of the goals but hasn’t been directly responsible for monumental f*ck ups like Lumley has, that’s the big difference between them. Same with Ingram before Kelly, not a particularly good keeper but low on confidence, got absolutely slated yet didn’t cost us goals like Lumley has done. I don’t understand why people are happy to slate Ingram & Kelly but not Lumley who’s directly cost us far more goals. I think Clive identifies 9 in about half a season, plus the ones from the season before, Lumley has consistently been poor and cost us goals, there’s no defence for that, he’s a liability.

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 10:38 - Aug 4 with 1889 viewstimcocking

I absolutely love having Joe in the side, he's literally one of us. When he does well it adds to my pleasure greatly. Preying it goes well for him next year.

Has to be able to save the easy ones, though. There can't be any more letting slow, straight shots in.
End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 11:09 - Aug 4 with 1844 viewsMistication92

Out of the four main ones, I'd get rid of Kelly personally. As the one brought in last summer I expected him to be an upgrade on Lumley, which he's not been. So:

Lumley and Dieng - fighting for no.1
Kelly - transfer
Barnes - goes either transfer or loan
Two youngsters - ideally would both go on loan as well, get competitive minutes under the belt. Polish one should probably be L2/NL at his age, Dickinson NL/regional. If they're good you'll hear about it eg: Eze, Chair, Dieng.
End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 11:31 - Aug 4 with 1792 viewsWatford_Ranger

Dieng deserves a chance surely. Our greatest challenge will be to find someone to take one of the others off our hands. It’s a blessed relief when we get through a match with Lumley/Kelly not dropping one into the net.
End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 11:39 - Aug 4 with 1773 viewsAntti_Heinola

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 10:34 - Aug 4 by MedwayR

Kelly isn’t great but hasn’t done much wrong. Could’ve done better with some of the goals but hasn’t been directly responsible for monumental f*ck ups like Lumley has, that’s the big difference between them. Same with Ingram before Kelly, not a particularly good keeper but low on confidence, got absolutely slated yet didn’t cost us goals like Lumley has done. I don’t understand why people are happy to slate Ingram & Kelly but not Lumley who’s directly cost us far more goals. I think Clive identifies 9 in about half a season, plus the ones from the season before, Lumley has consistently been poor and cost us goals, there’s no defence for that, he’s a liability.

Ingram didn't cost us goals? Now he was treated badly, but the guy could barely get through a game without conceding a penalty and his kicking was woeful and he had a nasty habit of parrying stright out into the mix rather than safely wide. How poor goals are conceded is sort of irrelevant in terms of whether it was a poor kick (Lumley) or not stopping fairly straight forward strikes at goal (Kelly).

Bare bones.

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 11:51 - Aug 4 with 1749 viewsBrianMcCarthy

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 11:31 - Aug 4 by Watford_Ranger

Dieng deserves a chance surely. Our greatest challenge will be to find someone to take one of the others off our hands. It’s a blessed relief when we get through a match with Lumley/Kelly not dropping one into the net.

I'm not sure that Kelly made too many errors, in fact I would say he had a steady year. I just don't think that he has the same range or reach as Lumley.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 11:57 - Aug 4 with 1738 viewsNorthernr

Kelly was on a C, but knocked down half a mark by his disastrous lockdown return.
End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 12:00 - Aug 4 with 1734 viewsBrianMcCarthy

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 11:57 - Aug 4 by Northernr

Kelly was on a C, but knocked down half a mark by his disastrous lockdown return.

I think that's about fair.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 12:06 - Aug 4 with 1712 viewsfrancisbowles

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 11:51 - Aug 4 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm not sure that Kelly made too many errors, in fact I would say he had a steady year. I just don't think that he has the same range or reach as Lumley.

Yes that's a fair summary of the situation. Big chance for Dieng in, what there is of, pre season to stake his claim.
End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 12:07 - Aug 4 with 1711 viewstoboboly

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 11:57 - Aug 4 by Northernr

Out of interest what would Birmingham be looking at paying for Dieng? I hear they have money burning a hole in their pocket...

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 12:22 - Aug 4 with 1673 viewsNorthernr

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 12:07 - Aug 4 by toboboly

Out of interest what would Birmingham be looking at paying for Dieng? I hear they have money burning a hole in their pocket...

Out of contract next summer, no compensation from tribunal, never played a Championship game, never played a game for us - pence (£200k tops).
End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 13:11 - Aug 4 with 1581 viewstoboboly

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 12:22 - Aug 4 by Northernr

Out of contract next summer, no compensation from tribunal, never played a Championship game, never played a game for us - pence (£200k tops).

Cheers. A big if but circa £200k is more than most untried keepers would fetch I imagine. I would cash in on him and maybe try and sell Kelly as well?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 13:24 - Aug 4 with 1555 viewsMedwayR

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 11:39 - Aug 4 by Antti_Heinola

Ingram didn't cost us goals? Now he was treated badly, but the guy could barely get through a game without conceding a penalty and his kicking was woeful and he had a nasty habit of parrying stright out into the mix rather than safely wide. How poor goals are conceded is sort of irrelevant in terms of whether it was a poor kick (Lumley) or not stopping fairly straight forward strikes at goal (Kelly).

Might be my memory but I can’t recall Ingram being directly responsible for goals in the same way or at the same rate as Lumley, but my point was that Ingram & Kelly get treated much worse than Lumley when Lumley hasn’t been any better, the double standards and preferential treatment of Lumley baffles me. Put it this way, Lumley has had a shockingly poor season and got a D, how bad would he have to be to get an E or F?!?

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 13:51 - Aug 4 with 1493 viewsAntti_Heinola

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 13:24 - Aug 4 by MedwayR

Might be my memory but I can’t recall Ingram being directly responsible for goals in the same way or at the same rate as Lumley, but my point was that Ingram & Kelly get treated much worse than Lumley when Lumley hasn’t been any better, the double standards and preferential treatment of Lumley baffles me. Put it this way, Lumley has had a shockingly poor season and got a D, how bad would he have to be to get an E or F?!?

I don't think Lumley gets preferential treatment. He's been treated appallingly by a lot of fans, in fact, to the extent he had to delete himself from social media. I don't think Kelly has been treated any worse - most fans think he did ok, but was poor after lockdown.
I don't agree he was 'shockingly poor'.

Bare bones.

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 14:05 - Aug 4 with 1453 viewsNov77

I remember Cerny getting booed on his debut by our ‘fans’ and he turned out to be an excellent keeper for us. That really was disgraceful.

Was I seeing things when sky put that graphic up at the start of the West Brom game saying Lumley had made the joint most goalkeeping errors this season. How is that possible when he was sitting on the bench for 18 games?

If we start next season with Lumley in goal then to quote Peter Cook “we’ll have learnt from our mistakes and are now able to repeat them exactly”.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

End of Term Report 19/20 — Goalkeepers on 14:59 - Aug 4 with 1382 viewsSimonJames

"Camp has been offered reduced terms as a number two there."
My understanding is that Camp has already left Brum, so I guess there's even more incentive for them to lure Dieng.

100% of people who drink water will die.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024