Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Snooker 08:58 - Aug 15 with 2008 viewsClive_Anderson

Absolutely incredible finish to both semi finals.

That deciding frame of the Wilson/McGill match was the most dramatic frame I've ever seen, it was complete madness.

The Ronnie comeback against Selby wasn't that far away either, Selby was absolutely livid in the interview afterwards.
Snooker on 09:33 - Aug 15 with 1958 viewsjeffranger

Selby said Ronnie disrespected him hitting the ball at 100mph smashing the balls as snookered, he couldn’t do much more as balls was out all open & nothing safe, bad looser? Ronnie was brilliant in last 3 frames but before a bit erratic, yes the Wilson McGill last frame unbelievable & never seen anything like it especially the ball over the middle pocket
Snooker on 09:33 - Aug 15 with 1958 viewsSnipper

Agree on both counts. How can you score over 80 points in a frame and still lose?
Snooker on 10:47 - Aug 15 with 1867 viewsClive_Anderson

Snooker on 09:33 - Aug 15 by jeffranger

Selby said Ronnie disrespected him hitting the ball at 100mph smashing the balls as snookered, he couldn’t do much more as balls was out all open & nothing safe, bad looser? Ronnie was brilliant in last 3 frames but before a bit erratic, yes the Wilson McGill last frame unbelievable & never seen anything like it especially the ball over the middle pocket

Selby's tactics have always been to slow the game down by taking ages over his shots on purpose to frustrate his opponents and break up their rhythm causing them to make mistakes.

He continued playing a frame for 15 minutes despite having no chance of winning it and needing 4 snookers and also spent 3 minutes "deciding" whether to make Ronnie play again after he missed in another frame, even though it was obvious what he was going to do immediately. So it's a bit rich for saying that Ronnie was disrespectful for his choice of shots, even though he'd be the one to benefit from it.
Snooker on 10:48 - Aug 15 with 1864 viewsAddinall

I feel privileged to have witnessed both of these matches. Quite incredible. You certainly couldn't make it up. I wonder if it would have happened with a full Crucible audience?
Snooker on 10:54 - Aug 15 with 1858 viewsSimonJames

Ronnie to win...

100% of people who drink water will die.

Snooker on 19:35 - Aug 15 with 1632 viewsaston_hoop

What an afternoon and evening that was for snooker fans. Gutted for McGill for getting so close, could see how much that hurt Wilson too that he won it on a fluke. Both players applauding each others shots too, played in such great spirit.

Can acknowledge Ronnie is one of if not the greatest of all time, but I can't stand the bloke and would love to see Wilson win this now.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024