Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Palace allegedly in for BOS 09:57 - Sep 8 with 9908 viewsbosh67

So says the press this morning. I guess that may be why we have started talks to land a winger from Glasgow Rangers.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Palace allegedly in for BOS on 10:21 - Sep 8 with 4871 viewsBklynRanger

He does apparently have that rather unpleasant agent.

And I seem to remember Bright's head dropping for a few games after he didn't get a move some time ago (to Villa was it, around Xmas? All a blur now).

So I'm in the let's get this sorted and move on camp.
Palace allegedly in for BOS on 10:26 - Sep 8 with 4828 viewsdaveB

If he's not going to sign a new deal we should sell him now
Palace allegedly in for BOS on 10:30 - Sep 8 with 4811 viewsslmrstid

Palace allegedly in for BOS on 10:21 - Sep 8 by BklynRanger

He does apparently have that rather unpleasant agent.

And I seem to remember Bright's head dropping for a few games after he didn't get a move some time ago (to Villa was it, around Xmas? All a blur now).

So I'm in the let's get this sorted and move on camp.

I seem to remember BOS throwing a bit of an Instagram tantrum at Blackpool too when they tried to initially block his move to us. That could well have been agent driven too!
Palace allegedly in for BOS on 10:56 - Sep 8 with 4669 viewsrsonist

"The press" being TeamTalk I see...
Palace allegedly in for BOS on 12:32 - Sep 8 with 4312 viewsLazyFan

We should sell. then we can use the dosh to build the team.

We still need another forward (loan or not), a winger to replace BoS, a left-back as we only have Wallace and one more creative player that can unlock defences.

That's four more players we need.

zzzzzzzzzz

Palace allegedly in for BOS on 13:32 - Sep 8 with 4034 viewsNortholt_Rs

Palace allegedly in for BOS on 12:32 - Sep 8 by LazyFan

We should sell. then we can use the dosh to build the team.

We still need another forward (loan or not), a winger to replace BoS, a left-back as we only have Wallace and one more creative player that can unlock defences.

That's four more players we need.

GK...?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Palace allegedly in for BOS on 13:39 - Sep 8 with 3968 viewsLoftgirl

Palace allegedly in for BOS on 13:32 - Sep 8 by Northolt_Rs

GK...?

At least two.
Palace allegedly in for BOS on 13:46 - Sep 8 with 3909 viewsDavieQPR

BOS has done virtually nothing since the return from lockdown. Seems to have attitude problem with his Agent giving him delusions of grandeur.
Login to get fewer ads

Palace allegedly in for BOS on 13:48 - Sep 8 with 3897 viewsNorthantsHoop

Time to sell if Palace are offering around £5m mark. I like BOS and he has improved and is a genuinely exciting player, but if his head is elsewhere, then cash in. Would not be disappointed if they loaned him back to us and paid his salary.
Palace allegedly in for BOS on 13:56 - Sep 8 with 3818 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Palace allegedly in for BOS on 13:48 - Sep 8 by NorthantsHoop

Time to sell if Palace are offering around £5m mark. I like BOS and he has improved and is a genuinely exciting player, but if his head is elsewhere, then cash in. Would not be disappointed if they loaned him back to us and paid his salary.

I fear you’re right in which case if you are, I’d be wary of him returning with a Big Time Charlie attitude. Eze however.....

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Palace allegedly in for BOS on 14:18 - Sep 8 with 3729 viewsMaggsinho

Palace allegedly in for BOS on 13:46 - Sep 8 by DavieQPR

BOS has done virtually nothing since the return from lockdown. Seems to have attitude problem with his Agent giving him delusions of grandeur.

You mean he's suffering from Grandeur-fever?
Palace allegedly in for BOS on 14:38 - Sep 8 with 3637 viewsAntti_Heinola

I was wondering when the old 'attitude problem' comments would surface.

Bare bones.

Palace allegedly in for BOS on 14:42 - Sep 8 with 3611 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Palace allegedly in for BOS on 14:38 - Sep 8 by Antti_Heinola

I was wondering when the old 'attitude problem' comments would surface.

I'm always wary of trying to read players' minds. Having said that for the first few games of the return from lockdown BOS seemed to be lacking sharpness and/or workrate. He wasn't alone in that of course.

I thought that he worked hard on Saturday. Still not on top of his game but I didn't detect any lack of effort.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Palace allegedly in for BOS on 14:49 - Sep 8 with 3575 viewsGloucs_R

I've only seen him play one game but I quite fancy Thomas to take the place of bos.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Palace allegedly in for BOS on 14:51 - Sep 8 with 3562 viewsEmpireStateRanger

I'm still a bit nervous to see what we will look like without both BOS and Eze.
Palace allegedly in for BOS on 14:59 - Sep 8 with 3533 viewsAntti_Heinola

Palace allegedly in for BOS on 14:42 - Sep 8 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm always wary of trying to read players' minds. Having said that for the first few games of the return from lockdown BOS seemed to be lacking sharpness and/or workrate. He wasn't alone in that of course.

I thought that he worked hard on Saturday. Still not on top of his game but I didn't detect any lack of effort.

Spot on.

I think a lot of people forget that this time last year BOS was quite hit and miss, and two months of being really very good indeed and in top form doesn't mean necessarily that he's 'cracked it.' He's still a young player and is allowed to not be at the races occasionally without his attitude being questioned. I thought he was ok on Sat, certainly no issues with his attitude.

Bare bones.

Palace allegedly in for BOS on 15:11 - Sep 8 with 3460 viewsdavman

Palace allegedly in for BOS on 10:26 - Sep 8 by daveB

If he's not going to sign a new deal we should sell him now

This.

Getting p'd off now by those players refusing to sign new contracts. Warbs has said that he has no interest in playing those that choose not to sign, but so far he has not fulfilled that promise.

If he won't sign and gives no indication that he's willing to, get rid for whatever bid is on the table.

Not just him in his finally year though is it?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Palace allegedly in for BOS on 16:14 - Sep 8 with 3244 viewsstevec

Palace allegedly in for BOS on 14:51 - Sep 8 by EmpireStateRanger

I'm still a bit nervous to see what we will look like without both BOS and Eze.

Reckon we’d need a complete change of style and not convinced that will happen. Could be a very bumpy ride if we continue to play to the strength of players who are no longer with us.
Palace allegedly in for BOS on 16:29 - Sep 8 with 3149 viewsRangersw12

I know I'm biased but I think he would benefit from another season with us , as lets be honest he's only really been decent for a dozen or so games last season
Palace allegedly in for BOS on 16:37 - Sep 8 with 3108 viewsParkRoyalR

Warbs & Coaching Team have dramatically improved BOS to a level I didnt think he could achieve, let alone sustain

Given his lack of academy football, they realised he was far to easily marked out of a game as tended to show his marker his number, they coached him to open up his body and face up his defender as very difficult to stop when running directly at his man,

I think BOS would really benefit from another season with our Coaching Team but would take £ 5m or close to if Palace would offer that now as not sure how effective he'll be without Eze.
Palace allegedly in for BOS on 17:12 - Sep 8 with 2961 viewsBklynRanger

Palace allegedly in for BOS on 16:29 - Sep 8 by Rangersw12

I know I'm biased but I think he would benefit from another season with us , as lets be honest he's only really been decent for a dozen or so games last season

Yeah but no but does he see it that way? There's the rub and such.
Palace allegedly in for BOS on 09:01 - Sep 9 with 2293 viewsbosh67

Reports this morning saying BOS is stalling on a new contract in the 'hope' that Palace put in an offer. His agent is a real piece of work obviously. He's ruining his client. Also makes it easy now for Palace to low ball us on a bid and who could blame them.

For me it feels like this is stepping over the edge. If I was the boss I'd play Smyth in preference and drop BOS until this is sorted one way or another.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Palace allegedly in for BOS on 09:35 - Sep 9 with 2185 viewsSir_Chops

Someone recently said Manning changed his agent - does anyone know if his agent was the same as Bright's?
Palace allegedly in for BOS on 09:42 - Sep 9 with 2139 viewsgazza1

BOS is a very limited player. His ball control, dribbling, finishing and decision making is not great. He will be very lucky to make it in the Premiership.

Saying that he is good enough for the Championship and would be a loss if he left us.
Palace allegedly in for BOS on 09:59 - Sep 9 with 2089 viewsAntti_Heinola

Palace allegedly in for BOS on 15:11 - Sep 8 by davman

This.

Getting p'd off now by those players refusing to sign new contracts. Warbs has said that he has no interest in playing those that choose not to sign, but so far he has not fulfilled that promise.

If he won't sign and gives no indication that he's willing to, get rid for whatever bid is on the table.

Not just him in his finally year though is it?

I say this time and time again - you cannot get angry about a player refusing to sign a contract. In the past, can't remember who, but someone (wrongly) compared being a footballer to slavery. That's ridiculous of course, but he is a human being and he has a right to decide what he wants to do with his life and career. If BOS was 37 and had a year to run and was broken down and not in the side and on big wages, we'd all be demanding he leave and criticising him for not taking a pay cut to get regular first team football elsewhere. We. Cannot. Have. It. Both. Ways.

Sorry, but if he wants to wait and see if an offer comes in from Palace or similar, there is nothing wrong with that. If they don't, and he re-signs, then that's fine too. If they don't and he decides he wants to take his chances next summer, then, sorry, I know it's annoying, but that is also fine.

We can tak about loyalty and 'paying back the club' and all this guff, but the reality is he was not treated well before Warbs came in terms of game time, and we would be trying to offload him quickly and persuading him to take less money elsewhere if he wasn't any good.

I'm not saying players aren't sometimes the bad guys - of course they are. But sometimes I think fans need to be a bit more nuanced about this stuff. Even Dave B, fair and balanced personified, is saying 'if he won't sign, sell him' - well yeah, a bid is needed for a sale. The club accepted a bid, he decided not to go. As is his right. It's just not that simple.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024