Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? 20:28 - Sep 10 with 8093 viewsDiscodroids

6 months at home together and Jo told me off today for brushing my teeth too 'aggressively'. I also got barked at for not opening the mustard correctly.

in addition, she did not speak to me last night because i did not get her the cornetto’s that she wanted when i went for the weekly shop. I did point out to her that they were not on the list, a list that she wrote. still my fault.

There was one time where she got furious because I was making a lot of noise with the ice in my drink and the noise I made licking my lips with each sip, and i had squeezed in too much orange in my Old fashioned.

we seem to be on about a 4 day cycle before domestic event horizon erupts.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2020 20:31]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 20:37 - Sep 10 with 3937 viewsozexile

You're not alone with the list thing. She writes a list and I buy what's on the list. One time I come home with no lemons cause they weren't on the list. But it was my fault cause its a "staple" and doesn't need to go on the list. We still argue to this day about it.
Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 20:42 - Sep 10 with 3923 viewsTacticalR

Someone needs to develop an app that shows not only all the things on the list but also all the things that should have been on the list.

Air hostess clique

Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 20:55 - Sep 10 with 3878 viewsA40Bosh

Sorry Disco fella, but I am going to have to raise your other half

I raise you "All in" with.........

Menopausal Wife (52)- with menopausal snoring every night
Eldest Girl (21) - mental health issues for last 8 years
Middle Girl (20) - lazyitis
Youngest Girl (17) Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (severe) for 4 years
Female Dog (8) - Ear infection (1 week)

On 4 day week

Thank God for Friday 18 holes and 4hrs of fresh air with the old man

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 20:58 - Sep 10 with 3868 viewsJuzzie

Survived pretty well so far but a big part of the time has been taken up with home selling/buying so has kept us focused and in unison, mostly. As well as looking after the kids too.

Other that, it’s the same. Lists of things to get when food shopping and same problems when i get stuff not on the list or don’t get stuff not on the list having been told to only get stuff on the list.

Talking of lists, very good at writing lists of things to do on the to-do list when someone else (i.e. me) has to actually do it. Many times I’ve said “well, if YOU want that done just do it yourself”. Cue silence for hours or longer. I timed it well to say that just before Match of the Day or anything else I want to watch on TV/Netflix etc on the rare occasion that I actually get to watch TV when I should, of course, be doing something on the fking list.

This is also on top of similar things on the OP such as doing things wrong or just, you know, breathing.

[Post edited 10 Sep 2020 21:12]
Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 21:02 - Sep 10 with 3853 viewsGloryHunter

My missus just smashed the lawnmower blade by driving it over a brick. Apparently it was my fault because I must have left the brick there.
Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 21:05 - Sep 10 with 3845 viewshoopsmark

I get on fine with my Mrs during lockdown,only been married two years and she is Polish (live in Gdansk now),if i speak fast enough she hasnt got a clue what im saying....Plus i work at sea (still onboard after 6 weeks) for half the year so she cant tell me what to do anyway.......the perfect marriage (and shes 11 years younger)......
Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 21:07 - Sep 10 with 3832 viewsJuzzie

Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 21:02 - Sep 10 by GloryHunter

My missus just smashed the lawnmower blade by driving it over a brick. Apparently it was my fault because I must have left the brick there.

Yeah, it’s quite uncanny too that anything adverse that happens is always automatically directly or indirectly somehow my fault.

I just don’t get how that kind of mindset ticks.
Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 21:22 - Sep 10 with 3777 viewsdannyblue

On holiday in Turkey and she wanted a boat ride for her and our little kids and, because she'd "done everything", she said I should organise it. So I did. Then:

Her: What time is the boat?
Me: 5.
I wanted it this afternoon.
Its at 5, it'll be cooler and that's when the boat's free.
I wanted it earlier.
It was only available at 5.
Can we do it earlier?
No.
Are you sure?
Yes.
Why?
All the boats are on other trips before that.
Really?
Yes, that's what they said.
Is it a speed boat?
yes?
is it?
yes
what kind is it?
a speed boat
really?
well yes...it's a boat, outboard motor, no roof, it'll feel speedy
Are you sure?
Yes.
Does it have life jackets?
It will have.
Are you sure?
I'm sure.
Did you ask?
No, but they have loads and they will give them to us.
What if they don't?
They will.
But the girls can't swim.
I know.
How much is it? We don't have much cash left.
Don't worry we can pay by card.
Are you sure?
Yes, of course.
But did you check, did you ask them?
No i didn't, but we can pay by card.
What if we can't?
Then we just get some cash.
Where?
I don't know, the hotel lobby will change for us, it's not a problem.
But I don't want the girls to be disappointed.
Don't worry, it'll be fine, they'll take the money from us somehow, that's what they're here for.
Why didn't you check these things?
I don't need to, you wanted a boat, I've arranged a boat. It'll be fine.
Next time I'll write you a list of questions because you obviously can't think for yourself....
Come on love, you wanted a boat I've got us a boat.
I'm not happy with how you've handled this.

Lunch and afternoon of frosty silence and sulking only interrupted by digs.

If this was tedious reading, imagine living it.

Anyway, lovely boat ride in the evening, clear water, hidden coves, children screaming with delight. Zero acknowledgement of how needlessly unpleasant the day had been.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2020 22:01]
Login to get fewer ads

Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 21:23 - Sep 10 with 3770 viewsted_hendrix

Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 20:37 - Sep 10 by ozexile

You're not alone with the list thing. She writes a list and I buy what's on the list. One time I come home with no lemons cause they weren't on the list. But it was my fault cause its a "staple" and doesn't need to go on the list. We still argue to this day about it.

No no not bloody lemons

Got back from the agonies of shopping a couple of weeks ago.

Herself; "the lemons you bought are no good"
Me; "why they're lemons?"
Herself; "Yes I can see that but they're not organic are they?"
Me: "Jesus bloody wept, shall I kill myself?"
Herself; "Don't be so stupid now mind out of the way"
Me; "Can I make a suggestion?"

No response.

Two days later.

Herself; "I'm doing the housework today and I don't want you in the way"
Me; "I'll go for a walk to France"
Herself; Good Idea"

Hoover starts making an annoying noise

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 21:27 - Sep 10 with 3730 views2Thomas2Bowles

Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 21:02 - Sep 10 by GloryHunter

Sending her out in the dark to mow the lawn may have some fault on your part or did you give her a torch,

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 21:37 - Sep 10 with 3691 viewsDiscodroids

Went out for a walk in old leigh on sea and were on opposite sides of the pavement because we had a row about chancel tax that cropped up on 'Homes under the Hammer' that morning...

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 21:57 - Sep 10 with 3629 viewsMrSheen

We were getting a bit snippy with each other a few weeks ago, but not so bad since we went away on holiday. I get more annoyed by some of the other things in confinement (dog whining because she can’t go upstairs, the loose button on the seat of the office chair, Sky Broadband service interruption) but I sometimes take it out on her. Actually looking forward to two days a week in the office for a change of scene.
Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 22:07 - Sep 10 with 3567 viewsTacticalR

dannyblue, I won't quote that long post, but that sounds like one of those 'what's this conversation really about' conversations.

Air hostess clique

Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 22:09 - Sep 10 with 3559 viewsJuzzie

Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 22:07 - Sep 10 by TacticalR

dannyblue, I won't quote that long post, but that sounds like one of those 'what's this conversation really about' conversations.

Control
Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 22:10 - Sep 10 with 3553 viewsGloryHunter

Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 21:37 - Sep 10 by Discodroids

Went out for a walk in old leigh on sea and were on opposite sides of the pavement because we had a row about chancel tax that cropped up on 'Homes under the Hammer' that morning...

That Chancel Tax can be a real b*gger though. Well worth arguing about.
Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 22:16 - Sep 10 with 3518 viewsdannyblue

She came on 4 days later. Plus lockdown's got her a bit anxious poor thing.
Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 22:17 - Sep 10 with 3509 viewsRs_Holy

Overall Things are okay I suppose ... she asked today “shall we go for a dirty weekend in Paris?”. We haven’t had sex in ages so I’m treating this as progress!
Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 22:23 - Sep 10 with 3473 viewsChrisNW6

My wife puts toilet rolls on the holder the wrong way round. At first it was random, sometimes correct and sometimes wrong. When I pointed out the correct way the toilet roll should face, she replied do you want me to pick you up on all your faults.

That was 5 months ago and now she puts every toilet roll on the holder incorrectly i.e. sheets hanging from the back. I am thinking about consulting a lawyer but not sure it qualifies for unreasonable behaviour.

I don't think I can put up with this for much longer. She even did it during a 2 week holiday in Greece. The cleaners were also horrified and quickly corrected her error.
Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 22:24 - Sep 10 with 3468 viewsted_hendrix

It's dawning on me that we're slowly turning into Basil Fawlty and Sybil Fawlty from Fawlty Towers.

We're retired too.

Not so much locked down but more like locked up.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 22:26 - Sep 10 with 3456 viewsGloryHunter

My wife is German. At the wedding, her Great-Uncle said to me, "You've done well to choose an intelligent one. The sex won't last forever, but you will have to listen to her talking for the rest of your life".
Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 22:27 - Sep 10 with 3454 viewsBklynRanger

"Don't worry, it'll be fine, they'll take the money from us somehow, that's what they're here for" - that's the highlight of that dialogue for me - can feel your pain but good answer.

We've had a few issues, the main one being I don't want to live with a co-worker. Granted we did meet at work but I never talked about it, I moved jobs not long afterwards and still hate talking about work. Just let me do my job, you do yours and we'll see each other afterwards - DO NOT wander into the living room with me perched on my £27 Amazon cushion and make idle work-based chitchat - work chat should only be based on 1. genuine crisis situations, that's fine, or 2. language barrier situations, which are not that uncommon and that's fine too they're often quite amusing.

I have spent a few nights here and there on the sofa over this but it's not as if I'll be late for work the next day - the Amazon cushion's no more than 5 feet away...

I wouldn't choose to go back to 5 days in the office but 3 would be fine.
Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 22:35 - Sep 10 with 3432 viewscolinallcars

My wife's a bit Mutt and Jeff and I'm quietly spoken so problems there already, before lockdown made it worse.
I suppose we both had various outlets before lockdown to preserve our sanity, so it's been awkward. However we have survived and that speaks volumes.
Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 23:08 - Sep 10 with 3371 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 21:37 - Sep 10 by Discodroids

You can insure against that Disco. I remember from my short stint at Barratts. That one's on me for the next time it crops up.
Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 23:10 - Sep 10 with 3364 viewslondonscottish

Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 21:22 - Sep 10 by dannyblue

On holiday in Turkey and she wanted a boat ride for her and our little kids and, because she'd "done everything", she said I should organise it. So I did. Then:

Her: What time is the boat?
Me: 5.
I wanted it this afternoon.
Its at 5, it'll be cooler and that's when the boat's free.
I wanted it earlier.
It was only available at 5.
Can we do it earlier?
No.
Are you sure?
Yes.
Why?
All the boats are on other trips before that.
Really?
Yes, that's what they said.
Is it a speed boat?
yes?
is it?
yes
what kind is it?
a speed boat
really?
well yes...it's a boat, outboard motor, no roof, it'll feel speedy
Are you sure?
Yes.
Does it have life jackets?
It will have.
Are you sure?
I'm sure.
Did you ask?
No, but they have loads and they will give them to us.
What if they don't?
They will.
But the girls can't swim.
I know.
How much is it? We don't have much cash left.
Don't worry we can pay by card.
Are you sure?
Yes, of course.
But did you check, did you ask them?
No i didn't, but we can pay by card.
What if we can't?
Then we just get some cash.
Where?
I don't know, the hotel lobby will change for us, it's not a problem.
But I don't want the girls to be disappointed.
Don't worry, it'll be fine, they'll take the money from us somehow, that's what they're here for.
Why didn't you check these things?
I don't need to, you wanted a boat, I've arranged a boat. It'll be fine.
Next time I'll write you a list of questions because you obviously can't think for yourself....
Come on love, you wanted a boat I've got us a boat.
I'm not happy with how you've handled this.

Lunch and afternoon of frosty silence and sulking only interrupted by digs.

If this was tedious reading, imagine living it.

Anyway, lovely boat ride in the evening, clear water, hidden coves, children screaming with delight. Zero acknowledgement of how needlessly unpleasant the day had been.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2020 22:01]

That is so familiar....

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 23:47 - Sep 10 with 3304 viewsdistortR

Re Covid Lockdown; How Are People Getting On With Their Other Halves? on 23:10 - Sep 10 by londonscottish

That is so familiar....

are you Mrs Dannyblue?
[Post edited 10 Sep 2020 23:47]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024