Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Social Bubbles Info 10:22 - Sep 18 with 8543 viewsdaveB

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/social-bubbles-information-202021/

pick the bones out of this one, I am probably completely wrong here but it reads to me like you need to form a social bubble group which is who you will sit with at games.
Those people must live in the same house as you or be in your support bubble so I wouldn't be able to pick 5 mates to sit with but I could go with someone I have regular contact with such as my Dad.

You need to register your bubble by next Friday to give the club a chance to plan where everyone will sit in the stadium, you can also pick your preference for which stand you want to be in although won't be guaranteed that.

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 22:28 - Sep 21 with 1442 viewswombat

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 10:39 - Sep 21 by daveB

Yes thats part of the process to have a covid secure venue, you do a deep clean after anyone has been in, same in an office if you sit on a desk that desk get a clean that night so is safe for you the following day

But if they are moving fans each game then that means they have to clean each seat in the ground after each game 17k every week ,

Poll: which is your favouite foot

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 22:51 - Sep 21 with 1408 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 22:28 - Sep 21 by wombat

But if they are moving fans each game then that means they have to clean each seat in the ground after each game 17k every week ,

really?
from what I've read, Covid can't survive a whole week on a surface, especially if it's outside. You'd have to be vomiting pure corona onto one seat for about 10 minutes for that to happen?
https://elemental.medium.com/the-most-likely-way-youll-get-infected-with-covid-1

Bare bones.

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 23:18 - Sep 21 with 1380 viewsNorthernr

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 19:08 - Sep 21 by NorthantsHoop

I am starting to believe that events are taking over and that fans won't be allowed into grounds any time soon. I can't see the government sanctioning crowds, as the Covid cases rise and more restrictive actions will be needed to control the virus. There is a sense of deja vu about this at the moment.

Yeh it feels v like March where we were hoping to get Charlton A in before it all went to sht.
QPR Social Bubbles Info on 23:19 - Sep 21 with 1380 viewswombat

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 22:51 - Sep 21 by Antti_Heinola

really?
from what I've read, Covid can't survive a whole week on a surface, especially if it's outside. You'd have to be vomiting pure corona onto one seat for about 10 minutes for that to happen?
https://elemental.medium.com/the-most-likely-way-youll-get-infected-with-covid-1

Depends which report you read ,orginally was four hours then 72 hours , in truth nobody knows for sure

Poll: which is your favouite foot

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 23:30 - Sep 21 with 1369 viewsdaveB

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 22:28 - Sep 21 by wombat

yep thats pretty much what they will have to do I'm not saying thats needed but will be part of what they are told to make it covid secure.

Pubs, restaurants have to disinfect every table and chairs after it's vacated, we went to Paultons Park recently and they clean the lap bars after each ride, took bloody ages to get on the rides
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 23:32]
QPR Social Bubbles Info on 23:40 - Sep 21 with 1363 viewsdaveB

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 19:08 - Sep 21 by NorthantsHoop

I am starting to believe that events are taking over and that fans won't be allowed into grounds any time soon. I can't see the government sanctioning crowds, as the Covid cases rise and more restrictive actions will be needed to control the virus. There is a sense of deja vu about this at the moment.

It's OK, as long as the games finish before 10pm we should be able to go still

I still think it's possible to get football grounds open but they will need to be very tight on knowing exactly who is coming in and have a track and trace system in place should anyone get ill. no sharing of tickets from us either, will be fascinating to see the outcome of these pilot events, how many people who attended got the virus, if it's no one then I'm not sure why they can't continue
QPR Social Bubbles Info on 02:14 - Sep 22 with 1316 viewsBoston

This will kill West Ham, they're forever blowing bubbles...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 07:36 - Sep 22 with 1256 viewsMaggsinho

Just announced on the Today programme that the government has asked for the pilot events not to go ahead so doesn’t sound like we’ll be back in a stadium any time soon.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 07:45 - Sep 22 with 1245 viewsE17hoop

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 07:36 - Sep 22 by Maggsinho

Just announced on the Today programme that the government has asked for the pilot events not to go ahead so doesn’t sound like we’ll be back in a stadium any time soon.

Just confirmed by Gove on BBC that the return from 1st October date is cancelled.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 08:16 - Sep 22 with 1214 viewsCliff

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 16:32 - Sep 21 by Northernr

And trying not to move it off into the political realms of the Covid thread, this is why it's so, so, so important for the people setting the rules to be absolutely squeeky clean themselves, not going around saying "we're only breaking the law in a very specific and targeted way" and letting Cummings off Scot free for his tour of the north east.

Because the whole thing relies on buy in from the public. It's completely unenforceable and impossible to police, so you're relying on people being decent about it, and by and large I think this country was during the first lockdown.

No though the rules are so contradictory - I see Hancock's latest gem is that the elderly are exempt from local lockdowns if they're needed for childcare so people can still go to the office - and the government have been so dodgy with it themselves that people are inclined to say "fck it" and play whataboutery. If Cummings can behave as he behaved, then I can go to Croydon Box Park and watch Crystal Palace, I can sit with seven of my mates in the pub not six, I can go in a group of four to QPR even though we live in three houses and so on.

You can't do one rule for one and one for another, you can't have all these weird and wonderful contradictions and exemptions, because ppl will just say "bolox to you" if you try and impinge on their freedoms. They'll just say well if that's ok, then this is ok.

I agree, but we were never really expecting a government led by Boris to lead by example where we?
QPR Social Bubbles Info on 09:31 - Sep 22 with 1158 viewswelwynranger

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 18:47 - Sep 21 by essextaxiboy

Normally in F Block we have put the Ellerslie as our 2nd choice . Looking forward to that as I had my first ST over there

If I am allowed into ground and allocated a seat that faced the pitch. I would be happy. But I would be really unhappy if I saw someone else sitting on my seat, that I have had for a few years.
QPR Social Bubbles Info on 10:28 - Sep 22 with 1090 viewsdaveB

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 07:36 - Sep 22 by Maggsinho

There are not enough swear words in the world for me to use when reacting to that. No data at all to suggest a socially distanced football crowd as seen last weekend will have any affect on the virus.
QPR Social Bubbles Info on 10:50 - Sep 22 with 1059 viewsGloryHunter

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 10:28 - Sep 22 by daveB

There are not enough swear words in the world for me to use when reacting to that. No data at all to suggest a socially distanced football crowd as seen last weekend will have any affect on the virus.

Maybe not. But getting to the ground on public transport, and congregating in pubs before and after, might do.

And what about toilets at the ground? Every public toilet I have been in recently has been "one at a time please". That's never going to work at half-time at a football match, is it?
QPR Social Bubbles Info on 11:19 - Sep 22 with 1018 viewstraininvain

It was always a long shot and clearly dead in the water once cases started increasing again over the past couple of weeks.

Govt can’t risk encouraging thousands of people to travel together on trains, underground, buses etc with Covid surging again and flu season about to begin.

It’s going to be a long winter.
QPR Social Bubbles Info on 11:41 - Sep 22 with 971 viewsLythamR

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 11:19 - Sep 22 by traininvain

It was always a long shot and clearly dead in the water once cases started increasing again over the past couple of weeks.

Govt can’t risk encouraging thousands of people to travel together on trains, underground, buses etc with Covid surging again and flu season about to begin.

It’s going to be a long winter.

yup
Football is proceeding thats as much as we can realistically expect, its crap but its something

unless the circulation level of the virus is well below R1 I think any level of attendance above about 1k at LR would not be sensible

If we want to manage this thing and allow kids to go back to school any social activity needs to be kept to a minimum level not trying to push the boundaries
QPR Social Bubbles Info on 11:42 - Sep 22 with 970 viewskensalriser

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 23:19 - Sep 21 by wombat

Depends which report you read ,orginally was four hours then 72 hours , in truth nobody knows for sure

It has been found to survive on some hard surfaces for up to 72 hours, but whether it's still viable enough to cause infection is a different matter. I suspect not, as all the evidence is the vast majority of infection is through personal proximity.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 11:42]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 12:21 - Sep 22 with 928 viewsJamieNaz

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 11:42 - Sep 22 by kensalriser

It has been found to survive on some hard surfaces for up to 72 hours, but whether it's still viable enough to cause infection is a different matter. I suspect not, as all the evidence is the vast majority of infection is through personal proximity.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 11:42]

Read this the other day - pretty useful on it
QPR Social Bubbles Info on 12:22 - Sep 22 with 927 viewsdaveB

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 10:50 - Sep 22 by GloryHunter

Maybe not. But getting to the ground on public transport, and congregating in pubs before and after, might do.

And what about toilets at the ground? Every public toilet I have been in recently has been "one at a time please". That's never going to work at half-time at a football match, is it?

They ran test events at the weekend, might have been an idea to see the fall out from that and analyse the data rather than just say thats it you can't go.

is there anything to suggest if people are healthy, socially distance on public transport, sit in their bubble in the pub and and at the game that they will be spreading anything? Could they not say if you go to a sporting event as a precaution you self isolate for a week

I went to Paultons park recently, you could have as many in the toilet as you wanted and I managed to survive it
QPR Social Bubbles Info on 12:34 - Sep 22 with 911 viewsCliff

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 12:21 - Sep 22 by JamieNaz

Read this the other day - pretty useful on it

Thanks for that, a very good and informative read
QPR Social Bubbles Info on 12:34 - Sep 22 with 910 viewsLythamR

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 12:22 - Sep 22 by daveB

They ran test events at the weekend, might have been an idea to see the fall out from that and analyse the data rather than just say thats it you can't go.

is there anything to suggest if people are healthy, socially distance on public transport, sit in their bubble in the pub and and at the game that they will be spreading anything? Could they not say if you go to a sporting event as a precaution you self isolate for a week

I went to Paultons park recently, you could have as many in the toilet as you wanted and I managed to survive it

Did you get tested afterwards Dave?

if not you could be an Asymptomatic super spreader!

Those test events were planned at a point of virus spread that no longer exists, its got worse since then
QPR Social Bubbles Info on 12:42 - Sep 22 with 901 viewsdaveB

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 12:34 - Sep 22 by LythamR

Did you get tested afterwards Dave?

if not you could be an Asymptomatic super spreader!

Those test events were planned at a point of virus spread that no longer exists, its got worse since then

got worse since Saturday? It's only Tuesday.

Not had a test but not really been anywhere since so only people who could get it from me would be my family
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 12:46]
QPR Social Bubbles Info on 12:47 - Sep 22 with 893 viewsLythamR

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 12:42 - Sep 22 by daveB

got worse since Saturday? It's only Tuesday.

Not had a test but not really been anywhere since so only people who could get it from me would be my family
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 12:46]

Got worse since the events were planned

But yes as the R factor is above 1 and was above 1 on saturday then it has
almost certainly got worse since then
QPR Social Bubbles Info on 12:53 - Sep 22 with 884 viewsdaveB

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 12:47 - Sep 22 by LythamR

Got worse since the events were planned

But yes as the R factor is above 1 and was above 1 on saturday then it has
almost certainly got worse since then

I don't buy it's got worse since Saturday, did anyone who went to those games weekend get the virus? Have we seen increased cases in those areas? Just seems a bit of a panic move to just say right lets scrap that without seeing if it worked
QPR Social Bubbles Info on 13:02 - Sep 22 with 879 viewsLythamR

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 12:53 - Sep 22 by daveB

I don't buy it's got worse since Saturday, did anyone who went to those games weekend get the virus? Have we seen increased cases in those areas? Just seems a bit of a panic move to just say right lets scrap that without seeing if it worked

Come on Dave you dont buy maths?

You say you havent been anywhere so just family, isnt you son at school? if he is he could be Asymptomatic and be unknowingly spreading it having caught it from you and then the kids in the class catch it and spread it to their families. Not picking on you specifically but thats how it spreads. without full testing its almost impossible to identify and stop it in its tracks so the best way to suppress it is to keep interaction between people to a minimum. we need to keep kids in school aas much as possible so its up to the rest of us to be as cautious as we can be given our individual circumstances
QPR Social Bubbles Info on 13:37 - Sep 22 with 855 viewsdaveB

QPR Social Bubbles Info on 13:02 - Sep 22 by LythamR

Come on Dave you dont buy maths?

You say you havent been anywhere so just family, isnt you son at school? if he is he could be Asymptomatic and be unknowingly spreading it having caught it from you and then the kids in the class catch it and spread it to their families. Not picking on you specifically but thats how it spreads. without full testing its almost impossible to identify and stop it in its tracks so the best way to suppress it is to keep interaction between people to a minimum. we need to keep kids in school aas much as possible so its up to the rest of us to be as cautious as we can be given our individual circumstances

I could be unknowingly spreading it but don't you spread it through droplets so coughing, sneezing etc near people? I haven't been near people to spread it to them and my son isn't off his ipad or PS4 long enough for me to cough near him.

I just think it would be an idea to see the fall out from last weekends test events, it may well have cause a rise in those areas but if not why are we abandoning this if it doesn't actually increase the spread.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024