Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other than eating and drinking. 14:24 - Sep 22 with 2183 viewsqpr_1968

During these pandemic times, has anyone taken up any other hobbies/sport/stamp collecting.
who's got fitter and who's got fatter.
who's got richer and who's got poorer.

i'm classed as a key worker so nothing has changed, but i do miss going down to watch my beloved r's home and away.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Other than eating and drinking. on 14:38 - Sep 22 with 1692 viewsqprxtc

I’ve drunk more and ended up talking utter bollocks more than ever. According to my wife.
Other than eating and drinking. on 14:43 - Sep 22 with 1684 viewsdanehoop

I dusted off my bike and started cycling 2-3 times a week. Was initially to get fit, but now is more about getting outside and away from the house. I think I've got fitter, but equally not losing weight as the family have got into the habit of eating takeaways with about the same frequency. So I think I've become fitter, but fatter since lock down started.

Never knowingly understood

Other than eating and drinking. on 14:50 - Sep 22 with 1668 viewsCliff

Other than eating and drinking. on 14:43 - Sep 22 by danehoop

I dusted off my bike and started cycling 2-3 times a week. Was initially to get fit, but now is more about getting outside and away from the house. I think I've got fitter, but equally not losing weight as the family have got into the habit of eating takeaways with about the same frequency. So I think I've become fitter, but fatter since lock down started.

I'm a key worker as well, so not much change financially, although possibly spending less. Bu I've gained weight - no gym, no doing anything on the weekends.
Other than eating and drinking. on 15:03 - Sep 22 with 1633 viewsBoston

We’re always steady work wise but within weeks of the virus kicking off my phone rung off the hook. What we’ve experienced is a much higher number of substantial carpentry jobs coming in, needless to say that’s right up my line so our turnover has increased significantly. Drinking more, but staying fit maybe even improved my fitness due to the level of graft every day. Mrs Boston has to go to Europe to work on the Covid, so no distractions or limitations to the hours I put in.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Other than eating and drinking. on 15:13 - Sep 22 with 1615 viewsMrSheen

Other than eating and drinking. on 15:03 - Sep 22 by Boston

We’re always steady work wise but within weeks of the virus kicking off my phone rung off the hook. What we’ve experienced is a much higher number of substantial carpentry jobs coming in, needless to say that’s right up my line so our turnover has increased significantly. Drinking more, but staying fit maybe even improved my fitness due to the level of graft every day. Mrs Boston has to go to Europe to work on the Covid, so no distractions or limitations to the hours I put in.

Put on weight.
Lost weight (thanks, Covid!).
Put on weight.
Lost weight. For as long as the gym stays open, it's where I've been investing a lot of salvaged commuting time. About half a stone lower than when it all started.

One shameful new activity I've picked up is listening to country music. I always despised it from when I had to listen Big Tom and the Mainliners in the car growing up, but I downloaded some as a joke to horrify the kids during a barbecue we had a few months ago and I was instantly smitten. Witty, well-crafted, succinct, I think I get an extra thrill from it being the most mocked and derided genre of music out there. Absolutely superb for a gym session or a long drive. I'm getting drunk on a plane...
Other than eating and drinking. on 15:18 - Sep 22 with 1599 viewsEsox_Lucius

Growing veggies in the garden and getting stuck into XBox games. I have always read a lot so nothing new there.
The potatoes we grew have been delicious so far. The apples got destroyed by a nasty hailstorm at a critical point in their development back in April/ May time. Strawberries were delicious and the tomatoes tasted nice.

The grass is always greener.

Other than eating and drinking. on 16:09 - Sep 22 with 1536 viewsrobith

Epic Games are giving away Football Manager for free until 24th.

I haven't played it in 8 years, but nabbed it, "just in case"
Other than eating and drinking. on 16:15 - Sep 22 with 1524 viewsBucksRanger

Other than eating and drinking. on 15:13 - Sep 22 by MrSheen

Put on weight.
Put on weight.
Lost weight. For as long as the gym stays open, it's where I've been investing a lot of salvaged commuting time. About half a stone lower than when it all started.

One shameful new activity I've picked up is listening to country music. I always despised it from when I had to listen Big Tom and the Mainliners in the car growing up, but I downloaded some as a joke to horrify the kids during a barbecue we had a few months ago and I was instantly smitten. Witty, well-crafted, succinct, I think I get an extra thrill from it being the most mocked and derided genre of music out there. Absolutely superb for a gym session or a long drive. I'm getting drunk on a plane...

Mr Sheen, try watching 'Wild Rose' on Amazon if you can. I doubt you will be disappointed.

Three chords and the truth.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 16:21]
Login to get fewer ads

Other than eating and drinking. on 16:36 - Sep 22 with 1465 viewsMrSheen

Other than eating and drinking. on 16:15 - Sep 22 by BucksRanger

Mr Sheen, try watching 'Wild Rose' on Amazon if you can. I doubt you will be disappointed.

Three chords and the truth.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 16:21]

Thanks BR, it's on the list now.
Other than eating and drinking. on 17:15 - Sep 22 with 1422 viewsNoelmc

Put on weight.
Put on weight.

I too was put off by too much country music on my parents record player in my early teens but got back in to it in my mid-20s when I saw Steve Earle on the Whistle Test. Also saw Springsteen live several times and realised a lot of his stuff was country. Been a fan of the genre ever since. I’d recommend you check out Ashley McBryde as one of the best new singer songwriters.

Other than eating and drinking. on 17:23 - Sep 22 with 1407 viewsJuzzie

As I don't have to commute by motorbike anymore (probably not until next Spring) I've been able to have more beer (not that I drunk much anyway) and spent less on petrol, wear & tear etc on the bike. I must actually contact my insurance as see if I can downgrade it from fully comprehensive to TPF&T as it's pointless at the mo'.

With two young kids it's impossible to do anything else really (had to give up going to QPR a few years ago). What time I do save by not commuting I can be with them, which is great.
Other than eating and drinking. on 17:42 - Sep 22 with 1371 viewsHantsR

I've lost a little weight <11 stone now, stayed healthy, used the bike a bit more but unable to play golf, badminton etc until relatively recently.

Apart from becoming a bit more expert in ornithology, been busy cursing dog walkers, canoeists and riverside cyclists who've been very ignorant and unsympathetic to the natural world and the environment generally.

Probably a little richer as I had to cancel a holiday at last minute in March. Planned travelling to Sorrento via high-speed trains on scenic routes plus Bernina Express. Still trying to get my refund from Trenitalia. Saved a lot of dosh by hardly using the car for a few months and also, not having to fork out a couple of grand or so for holiday with family. Downside, money held in various invetsment funds suffered initially but have recovered much of the initial losses.

Yes, I've been missing my Rs and was devastated when the two home games got cancelled in March, when we were on such a good run.
Other than eating and drinking. on 20:21 - Sep 22 with 1278 viewsqpr_1968

Other than eating and drinking. on 17:42 - Sep 22 by HantsR

I've lost a little weight <11 stone now, stayed healthy, used the bike a bit more but unable to play golf, badminton etc until relatively recently.

Apart from becoming a bit more expert in ornithology, been busy cursing dog walkers, canoeists and riverside cyclists who've been very ignorant and unsympathetic to the natural world and the environment generally.

Probably a little richer as I had to cancel a holiday at last minute in March. Planned travelling to Sorrento via high-speed trains on scenic routes plus Bernina Express. Still trying to get my refund from Trenitalia. Saved a lot of dosh by hardly using the car for a few months and also, not having to fork out a couple of grand or so for holiday with family. Downside, money held in various invetsment funds suffered initially but have recovered much of the initial losses.

Yes, I've been missing my Rs and was devastated when the two home games got cancelled in March, when we were on such a good run.

well done for losing weight.
ornithology, ive got a phobia of birds, so not so well done.....lol.
well done for saving the dosh as well.
hopefully 100% of us are missing the r's.

good post.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Other than eating and drinking. on 20:36 - Sep 22 with 1253 viewsToast_R

Put on weight.
Put on weight.

Country is corny and sentimental but its fun to learn. I got into Ryan Bingham last year a bit more up beat dirty country but I would highly would recommend.
Other than eating and drinking. on 21:08 - Sep 22 with 1218 viewsFrankRightguard

I’ve started running. Gone from not being able to run 100 yards without wanting to die to running 5k two/three times a week. Dropped almost a stone into the bargain. Only good that has come out of this shambles.
Other than eating and drinking. on 00:39 - Sep 23 with 1152 viewsBoston

Other than eating and drinking. on 20:21 - Sep 22 by qpr_1968

well done for losing weight.
ornithology, ive got a phobia of birds, so not so well done.....lol.
well done for saving the dosh as well.
hopefully 100% of us are missing the r's.

good post.

So, you’re single then?

Other than eating and drinking. on 00:53 - Sep 23 with 1144 viewstimcocking

Training hard, bugger all else to do. Trying to beat my personal best of 26 chin ups which i did a decade back, i'm up to 24 so far. Probably a world record for a 46 year old QPR fan.

Definitely no richer.
Other than eating and drinking. on 01:01 - Sep 23 with 1146 viewsBoston

What’s a chin up?

Other than eating and drinking. on 01:15 - Sep 23 with 1137 viewsBoston

Other than eating and drinking. on 17:23 - Sep 22 by Juzzie

As I don't have to commute by motorbike anymore (probably not until next Spring) I've been able to have more beer (not that I drunk much anyway) and spent less on petrol, wear & tear etc on the bike. I must actually contact my insurance as see if I can downgrade it from fully comprehensive to TPF&T as it's pointless at the mo'.

With two young kids it's impossible to do anything else really (had to give up going to QPR a few years ago). What time I do save by not commuting I can be with them, which is great.

I was scrolling through this thread again and noticed someone had ‘downed’ your post. That’s odd I thought, what sorta cvnt would hit the down arrow, so I took a look...and it was me! Sorry about that, total accident.

Other than eating and drinking. on 07:49 - Sep 23 with 1062 viewsDorse

Other than eating and drinking. on 01:01 - Sep 23 by Boston

What’s a chin up?

It's where you attempt to headbutt someone on a step-ladder.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Other than eating and drinking. on 08:06 - Sep 23 with 1041 viewswestberksr

3 weeks in without football to watch or play I realised I'd be the size of a small housing estate with a very fukked liver the way that i was going.....

so took up cycling, now going out 1=2 times a week (a return to footy playing has slightly affected it)with friends that cycle regularly, so no sympathy or easy rides. now up to regular 50-70k rides and even managed a relatively flat 106k a few weeks ago.

back to playing footy 2-3 times per week, thankfully.

business affected slightly (-20%)ish. but also saving a fortune on holidays, petrol, gigs & meals out.
Other than eating and drinking. on 08:18 - Sep 23 with 1031 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I've run a couple of hundred miles since March and cycled 678 (ish) since July but put on weight as Twiglets/Doritos are £1 a bag and I ate loads when in lockdown.
I'm about 15 stone now which I can feel when running. I'm starting to look like Johan Hegg.

I'm going to try eating less. I don't think it's the smoking and drinking as I've been fine with that for years.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Other than eating and drinking. on 09:06 - Sep 23 with 1001 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Managed to get half a cricket season in which was great. I actually played ok too after struggling for a couple of seasons previously.

Finances and weight fairly steady so far. I've lost the running bug completely for some reason but planning to force myself to do a couple of morning runs each week once we get into October.

Did a few long country walks in September and lots more planned for October before the weather closes in and we lose the light. Last Sunday's walk was surprisingly good from Sittingbourne to Faversham, along the Swale as the tide swept in. Amazing!

Also cooking.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Other than eating and drinking. on 09:08 - Sep 23 with 997 viewsRs_Holy

ive taken up guitar... I'm on my 11th song
Other than eating and drinking. on 09:32 - Sep 23 with 958 viewsSir_Chops

Started fermenting my own fruit wine - mostly with Christmas presents in mind. So far I've produced a strawberry wine (fruity and feisty taste - now being left to mellow in bottles), and a plum wine (similar taste to an easy-drinking white wine), which is almost ready to bottle.

Banana wine next out of sheer curiosity, then a rose petal number for next summer's BBQs... assuming COVID's under control by then and we're allowed any!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024