Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 190023 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:19 - Dec 20 with 1543 viewsmajorraglan

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:55 - Dec 20 by Dr_Parnassus

Agree and disagree.

Being sent a ballot without requesting one is not the same as what you described. To be sent a ballot and then be subjected by incredible propaganda for months on end is not democracy, it’s racketeering.

That’s not what I described.
In terms of postal ballot, it started during the American Civil war and has developed from there. 10 States legislated for automatic postal ballots this year on account of Covid, but in approximately 5 States including Utah postal votes are the main type of voting. I don’t see anything wrong with being sent a postal ballot without requesting one, it makes it easy for people to exercise their democratic right should they wish to do so, but no one should be subject to intimidation, harassment with regards to exercising their vote. I also agree with your comments about propaganda, however I suspect voters have been subject to that for many years .
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:27 - Dec 20 with 1531 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:19 - Dec 20 by majorraglan

That’s not what I described.
In terms of postal ballot, it started during the American Civil war and has developed from there. 10 States legislated for automatic postal ballots this year on account of Covid, but in approximately 5 States including Utah postal votes are the main type of voting. I don’t see anything wrong with being sent a postal ballot without requesting one, it makes it easy for people to exercise their democratic right should they wish to do so, but no one should be subject to intimidation, harassment with regards to exercising their vote. I also agree with your comments about propaganda, however I suspect voters have been subject to that for many years .

You described asking for one. That’s not what happens in Universal mail in voting. Everyone gets sent a ballot whether they asked for it or not, this happened in many Democrat states because it benefited them, not because of Covid. Covid was used as the vessel to push it through. Nobody is enthused by Joe Biden to get out and vote, or at least many wouldn’t be.

There is always an element of propaganda but this election year has been like nothing we have ever seen in the information and technology era. It was a concerted attack by social media, news outlets and newspapers, it was verging on criminal in my view. Suppression of voices, burying stories and intentionally misleading the American people on mass scale.

Universal mail in voting with a balanced and fair media is one thing, universal mail in voting with such a partisan media is one of the most un-democratic scenarios I could think of. You are essentially handing over hundreds of thousands of blank ballots to the likes of CNN, Twitter and Facebook.

We can never have this scenario again, that’s for absolutely certain. While it may have benefited people this time so they are letting it slide or pretending it didn’t happen - what happens when these outlets don’t share your view? Dangerous game to play.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 22:32]

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:50 - Dec 20 with 1503 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:05 - Dec 20 by Gwyn737

Was anything in my response incorrect?

Yes, Biden didn't win. They certified states where fraud is under investigation and they are refusing to allow the investigations to proceed.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:55 - Dec 20 with 1500 viewsGwyn737

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:50 - Dec 20 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes, Biden didn't win. They certified states where fraud is under investigation and they are refusing to allow the investigations to proceed.

My response on the 39 states data not being up to date.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:57 - Dec 20 with 1499 viewsKilkennyjack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:50 - Dec 20 by A_Fans_Dad

Trump lost.

Beware of the Risen People

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:57 - Dec 20 with 1498 viewsmajorraglan

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:27 - Dec 20 by Dr_Parnassus

You described asking for one. That’s not what happens in Universal mail in voting. Everyone gets sent a ballot whether they asked for it or not, this happened in many Democrat states because it benefited them, not because of Covid. Covid was used as the vessel to push it through. Nobody is enthused by Joe Biden to get out and vote, or at least many wouldn’t be.

There is always an element of propaganda but this election year has been like nothing we have ever seen in the information and technology era. It was a concerted attack by social media, news outlets and newspapers, it was verging on criminal in my view. Suppression of voices, burying stories and intentionally misleading the American people on mass scale.

Universal mail in voting with a balanced and fair media is one thing, universal mail in voting with such a partisan media is one of the most un-democratic scenarios I could think of. You are essentially handing over hundreds of thousands of blank ballots to the likes of CNN, Twitter and Facebook.

We can never have this scenario again, that’s for absolutely certain. While it may have benefited people this time so they are letting it slide or pretending it didn’t happen - what happens when these outlets don’t share your view? Dangerous game to play.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 22:32]

I don’t see an issue with postal voting, it enables the entire electorate to vote at their convenience and increases participation. It is mainly Democratic States, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii and Utah( Republican).
Propaganda is prevalent in all elections, the US and the U.K. are 2 such examples and the truth is frequently distorted beyond all recognition. Social Media and the mainstream media does need to be controlled, but to say it’s one sided is incorrect, Fox, Breitbart are 2 of the more well known sites and f you want to talk about propaganda and Social Media Trump is no stranger to merging fact and fiction, look at his Twitter account.

Disagree with your comments on paragraph 3.

It’s down to the individual States to run their own elections, transparent open elections should be the order of the day but I suspect that is done way off. Disenfranchisement and manipulation are issues.
In German elections almost a third of all votes are postal votes.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:27 - Dec 20 with 1486 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:57 - Dec 20 by majorraglan

I don’t see an issue with postal voting, it enables the entire electorate to vote at their convenience and increases participation. It is mainly Democratic States, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii and Utah( Republican).
Propaganda is prevalent in all elections, the US and the U.K. are 2 such examples and the truth is frequently distorted beyond all recognition. Social Media and the mainstream media does need to be controlled, but to say it’s one sided is incorrect, Fox, Breitbart are 2 of the more well known sites and f you want to talk about propaganda and Social Media Trump is no stranger to merging fact and fiction, look at his Twitter account.

It’s down to the individual States to run their own elections, transparent open elections should be the order of the day but I suspect that is done way off. Disenfranchisement and manipulation are issues.

Transparent open elections should be the order of day.

So why aren't they and why aren't you concerned about the way that they were conducted and the refusals to comply with proper auditing.
SOS heads trying to erase data before it can be audited etc.

Why would an open & fair election official do those things?
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:29 - Dec 20 with 1486 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:57 - Dec 20 by majorraglan

Again, postal voting and universal mail in voting aren’t the same thing. Postal voting is notoriously inaccurate and open to abuse, which is why usually it is only reserved for necessity - if you aren’t in state, work in the military, incapacitated so on and so forth. I have no issue with anyone mailing in votes out of necessity, nobody does.

The issue comes when the majority of a vote is conducted that way when there is such a manipulative media to sway it. It’s another thing if people request one, completely another thing if those that wouldn’t normally bother are getting one put into their hand while someone whispers in their ear how they should vote - which is essentially was universal mail in voting added with a partisan media does. You are smashed from all angles from Hollywood to now sports, there is no escape.

I disagree the states should decide, it should be the same nationally. The safest and most trusted method should be pushed nationally, that’s in-person voting.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 23:55]

Login to get fewer ads

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:10 - Dec 21 with 1473 viewsmajorraglan

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:27 - Dec 20 by A_Fans_Dad

Transparent open elections should be the order of day.

So why aren't they and why aren't you concerned about the way that they were conducted and the refusals to comply with proper auditing.
SOS heads trying to erase data before it can be audited etc.

Why would an open & fair election official do those things?

Show me evidence which will stand scrutiny in a Court of law, not this You Tube Conspiracy guff.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 10:54 - Dec 21 with 1394 viewsFireboy2

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:57 - Dec 20 by Kilkennyjack

Trump lost.

And biden won.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 11:12 - Dec 21 with 1383 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:10 - Dec 21 by majorraglan

Show me evidence which will stand scrutiny in a Court of law, not this You Tube Conspiracy guff.

http://www.senatorligon.com/THE_FINAL%20REPORT.PDF
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:28 - Dec 22 with 1288 viewsDJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 11:12 - Dec 21 by A_Fans_Dad

This is the message that Kaspersky gave me when I clicked on the link...

"One or more of this website's certificates are invalid, so we can't guarantee its authenticity. This happens when the website's owner hasn't updated the certificate in time, or if it's a fake site created by scammers. Visiting a website like this makes you more vulnerable to attack."

Sounds legit?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 07:15 - Dec 22 with 1250 viewsmajorraglan

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 11:12 - Dec 21 by A_Fans_Dad

The report created by the Republican Chair hasn’t been approved by the committees and is submitted for information at the request of the Chair himself. I didn’t see a great deal in it, lots of supposition and light in evidence,
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 08:54 - Dec 22 with 1239 viewsGwyn737

Looks like the Dominion and Smartmatic lawsuits are kicking in.

Comprehensive retractions from Fox News and Newsmax admitting they have no evidence of wrongdoing.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 09:08 - Dec 22 with 1231 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 08:54 - Dec 22 by Gwyn737

Comprehensive retractions from Fox News and Newsmax admitting they have no evidence of wrongdoing.

They never said they did, did they?

Only that they are easily corruptible, which they are. Hence why Klobuchar et al were expressing their concerns last year about them.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 09:15 - Dec 22 with 1226 viewsGwyn737

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 09:08 - Dec 22 by Dr_Parnassus

They never said they did, did they?

Only that they are easily corruptible, which they are. Hence why Klobuchar et al were expressing their concerns last year about them.

They said enough to require a retraction.

The piece on newsmax sounds very much lawyer written.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 09:49 - Dec 22 with 1213 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 09:15 - Dec 22 by Gwyn737

They said enough to require a retraction.

The piece on newsmax sounds very much lawyer written.

Well it depends on what they retracted I guess.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 10:06 - Dec 22 with 1209 viewsGwyn737

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 09:49 - Dec 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Well it depends on what they retracted I guess.

This is part of it -

You could argue it’s more of a clarification than a retraction.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 12:26 - Dec 22 with 1185 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 10:06 - Dec 22 by Gwyn737

This is part of it -

You could argue it’s more of a clarification than a retraction.

Indeed, I think Fox have been excellent at many points during the aftermath of the election. They seem very balanced, not jumping down the fraud rabbit hole but laying out the issues that have clearly gone on. CNN on the other hand have been horrifically one sided, but it’s not overly surprising.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 15:39 - Dec 22 with 1153 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:28 - Dec 22 by DJack

This is the message that Kaspersky gave me when I clicked on the link...

"One or more of this website's certificates are invalid, so we can't guarantee its authenticity. This happens when the website's owner hasn't updated the certificate in time, or if it's a fake site created by scammers. Visiting a website like this makes you more vulnerable to attack."

Sounds legit?

Are you really that dumb?
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 15:46 - Dec 22 with 1150 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 07:15 - Dec 22 by majorraglan

The report created by the Republican Chair hasn’t been approved by the committees and is submitted for information at the request of the Chair himself. I didn’t see a great deal in it, lots of supposition and light in evidence,

How much of the Hearing did you actually watch?
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 15:50 - Dec 22 with 1147 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 08:54 - Dec 22 by Gwyn737

Is that supposed to mean something, neither source has been actively supporting Trump, so who cares.
I assume that you are aware that they tried the same thing with Sidney Powell and that her immediate response was to lawyer up and basically say bring it on.
Because she knows for certain that they cannot take it to court because all evidence will be presented, which is precisely what she has been trying to get a court to do for weeks.

We will now see how confident they are that she has "No Evidence of Fraud" involving Diminion machines won't we?
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 16:09 - Dec 22 with 1143 viewsGroo

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 15:50 - Dec 22 by A_Fans_Dad

Is that supposed to mean something, neither source has been actively supporting Trump, so who cares.
I assume that you are aware that they tried the same thing with Sidney Powell and that her immediate response was to lawyer up and basically say bring it on.
Because she knows for certain that they cannot take it to court because all evidence will be presented, which is precisely what she has been trying to get a court to do for weeks.

We will now see how confident they are that she has "No Evidence of Fraud" involving Diminion machines won't we?

which is a good thing, that I agree with

Groo does what Groo does best

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 16:21 - Dec 22 with 1140 viewsGwyn737

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 15:50 - Dec 22 by A_Fans_Dad

Was anything in my post incorrect?
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 16:54 - Dec 22 with 1127 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 16:21 - Dec 22 by Gwyn737

Was anything in my post incorrect?

I didn't even suggest that it was incorrect, just meaningless.

Why are you worrying it might be?
[Post edited 22 Dec 2020 16:58]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024