Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League changes 12:56 - Oct 11 with 18861 viewsGloucs_R

http://news.sky.com/story/premier-leagues-major-clubs-propose-shrinking-top-flig

Trying to reduce it to 18 clubs, talk of a professional B League....

The rich getting richer

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Premier League changes on 19:31 - Oct 11 with 2026 viewsPaddyhoops

The European leauge is on its way.
I'm bored shitless with the champions as it is
Endless pointless group games.
Same teams year after year.
Not surprised that snake Rick parry is involved.
Another useless t**t at the helm of the equally useless EFL.
The big clubs will realise eventually that you can't play chess without the pawns!
Premier League changes on 20:11 - Oct 11 with 1977 viewsLowerloftLad

i have already attended three non league games this season at this rate it will just become the norm

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Premier League changes on 22:32 - Oct 11 with 1863 viewsSt_Pollock

Premier League changes on 20:11 - Oct 11 by LowerloftLad

i have already attended three non league games this season at this rate it will just become the norm

Have attended 5 and know its unlikely I'll go back to following League Football regularly again.

Have seen some great games (Erith 3 Chatham 4 was honestly one of the best matches I have seen years) and at an average of £6.20 and am absolutely loving the experience.

We sold our soul for 3 awful seasons in the Premier League and never once finished in a place high enough to avoid relegation in an 18 team division. Each to their own, but honestly can't see the attraction of wasting hundreds of pounds each season when the best we can hope for is play off place and a season of humiliation if we get promoted.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 22:33]
Premier League changes on 22:35 - Oct 11 with 1860 viewsSt_Pollock

Premier League changes on 19:31 - Oct 11 by Paddyhoops

The European leauge is on its way.
I'm bored shitless with the champions as it is
Endless pointless group games.
Same teams year after year.
Not surprised that snake Rick parry is involved.
Another useless t**t at the helm of the equally useless EFL.
The big clubs will realise eventually that you can't play chess without the pawns!

The problem is that they don't need the small clubs anymore.

They seldom buy players from them, seldom lose to them and aren't football clubs but brands.
Premier League changes on 22:47 - Oct 11 with 1845 viewsderbyhoop

Premier League changes on 22:35 - Oct 11 by St_Pollock

The problem is that they don't need the small clubs anymore.

They seldom buy players from them, seldom lose to them and aren't football clubs but brands.

As long as you don't get little clubs like Leicester or Blackburn winning the Premier League.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Premier League changes on 22:52 - Oct 11 with 1837 viewsSt_Pollock

Premier League changes on 22:47 - Oct 11 by derbyhoop

As long as you don't get little clubs like Leicester or Blackburn winning the Premier League.

2 examples in 27 years... And both one off.
Premier League changes on 00:25 - Oct 12 with 1744 viewsrsonist

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/oct/11/plan-to-mend-the-great-cra

Conn making the not entirely unpersuasive case that, essentially, the only thing that truly matters (and that has somewhat been lost in transmission today) is the offer to raise solidarity to 25%. That would amount to around 2 billion currently - I think.

(Can you even begin to imagine what English football would look like today if the FL hadn't turned that down the first time Parry offered in 1995?)

So, ample recompense and the possibility of salvation and prosperity up to the hard line of 7th place in perpetual serfdom. What could go wrong?

Premier League changes on 00:29 - Oct 12 with 1740 viewsJuzzie

Sky, PL, FA etc.... make snake oil, double glazing and timeshare salesmen look honest.
Login to get fewer ads

Premier League changes on 01:16 - Oct 12 with 1728 viewsdavman

If only all the clubs outside the top 6 realised what this actually means instead of trying to be part of the "Big Boys Group" and told all six of them where to get off.

Instead of a top breakaway, why not a bottom breakaway (ooer missus!)

See how long they'd survive without the Smaller teams.

But no-one has the balls as they all would shite on all the other similar clubs just for a piece of that pie.

If you're in the club, of course you want to limit the opportunity of taking anything away from you. Protect yourselves, make it impossible for a newby to establish themselves just like Scum and City have done.

...and of course, if your not in the club, of course you'd cry foul.

The worst thing about this is the timing. They are badging it up as a chance of salvation whereas all its really doing is prolonging the death of the smaller clubs dragging things out.

Football and those that run it is really quite abhorrent, isn't it...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Premier League changes on 08:13 - Oct 12 with 1613 viewsdaveB

The 25% payoff is a wonderful smoke screen. the devil is in the detail and this deal enables clubs to sell 8 games on their website around the world which brings in massive money to clubs and will reduce the tv deal for all 20 clubs. Once they have the power to outvote everyone that 8 games can easily be changed to 38 and then the tv deals for all 20 clubs has gone, you'll be getting 25% of much less revenue for the league, clubs will be even worse off than they are now.

That voting power especially as 2 of the special 9 clubs are often in relegation battles, means that number of relegated can easily be reduced to 2, maybe just 1 so the championship is basically finished as well.

If the EFL go for this they have killed football in this country

Just to add the abolishment of the league cup and Community shield and extended window for pre season games is hilarious
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 8:17]
Premier League changes on 08:27 - Oct 12 with 1600 viewsNorthernr

Premier League changes on 08:13 - Oct 12 by daveB

The 25% payoff is a wonderful smoke screen. the devil is in the detail and this deal enables clubs to sell 8 games on their website around the world which brings in massive money to clubs and will reduce the tv deal for all 20 clubs. Once they have the power to outvote everyone that 8 games can easily be changed to 38 and then the tv deals for all 20 clubs has gone, you'll be getting 25% of much less revenue for the league, clubs will be even worse off than they are now.

That voting power especially as 2 of the special 9 clubs are often in relegation battles, means that number of relegated can easily be reduced to 2, maybe just 1 so the championship is basically finished as well.

Just to add the abolishment of the league cup and Community shield and extended window for pre season games is hilarious

Exactly. What do they want to do? Negotiate and sell their own TV rights, as Real Madrid and Barcelona do. What stops them? The voting structure. Change the voting structure, change the TV deal, and soon that well generous 25% of the TV deal will be 25% of fck all.
Premier League changes on 08:32 - Oct 12 with 1591 viewsPhildo

Total Americanisation of football. Get the control over to 6 key clubs who will effectively be able to control the next big era - streaming with set piece games taking place all over the world. It reduces business risk to them as even big clubs can get into trouble under the current system. They will expect their own fans to be happy with B teams. Dreadful for all supporters great for smoothing and growing cash to a limited number of clubs who will be entirely divorced from the areas they historically belonged too. Who will never walk alone Liverpool fans? - might be you lot.
Premier League changes on 08:34 - Oct 12 with 1581 viewstoboboly

This. This. This.

Parry needs to be sacked, today.

Liverpool and Man United to be sent down to the lowest league possible (from what I can tell level 16) and made to work their way back up. Lets see how easy they find it then.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Premier League changes on 08:46 - Oct 12 with 1557 viewsstevec

Totally agree. Sadly this is what happens when your league is in such a total financial mess you have to go cap in hand and in truth, the Chanpionship was in a complete mess with or without Covid.

It’s time our owners and the other 23 got their act together and force through the wage cap. If they’d done it by now Covid would be a blip and they’d be well on their way to solving this entire problem, but instead they succumb to the greediness of overpaid footballers and their own greed believing it’s the only way to reach the so called promised land.

The fault line is the wage bill, just sort it out.
Premier League changes on 08:51 - Oct 12 with 1539 viewsThe_Beast1976

Just watched Rick Parry on the news. What a lying/bent cant. Absolutely unreal what he is coming out with. Why is this allowed? Football is finished (although that was the case about 20 years ago anyway, but this is now the last gasps)
Premier League changes on 08:58 - Oct 12 with 1509 views2Thomas2Bowles

Alms for the poor
Alms for the poor
Alms for the poor

From my castle in the sky
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 9:00]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Premier League changes on 09:01 - Oct 12 with 1500 viewsSt_Pollock

Premier League changes on 01:16 - Oct 12 by davman

If only all the clubs outside the top 6 realised what this actually means instead of trying to be part of the "Big Boys Group" and told all six of them where to get off.

Instead of a top breakaway, why not a bottom breakaway (ooer missus!)

See how long they'd survive without the Smaller teams.

But no-one has the balls as they all would shite on all the other similar clubs just for a piece of that pie.

If you're in the club, of course you want to limit the opportunity of taking anything away from you. Protect yourselves, make it impossible for a newby to establish themselves just like Scum and City have done.

...and of course, if your not in the club, of course you'd cry foul.

The worst thing about this is the timing. They are badging it up as a chance of salvation whereas all its really doing is prolonging the death of the smaller clubs dragging things out.

Football and those that run it is really quite abhorrent, isn't it...

"See how long they'd survive without the Smaller teams."

Sadly, for a very long time.

Cast your mind back just 30 years and most top flight clubs had players they had bought from the lower reaches of the football league and players that had made their way up from Non-League football too. Now those clubs are in the extreme minority.

They just need 36 teams to be operational in this country - the Premier League and a Premier league 2 - and the rest of us could go to the wall without concerning them.
Premier League changes on 09:27 - Oct 12 with 1441 viewseastside_r

Not a lot I can add that hasn't already been said about this Trojan horse.

Nicely tucked in there is the removal of loan restrictions which is an obvious proxy for feeder clubs.
Premier League changes on 09:53 - Oct 12 with 1390 viewsdaveB

few other bits to add, this new voting scheme means those 9 clubs can vote down any takeover so if say a billionaire wants to buy Crystal Palace and do to them what happened to man City those top clubs can vote against it because, well why would you want that to happen.. It's such a blatant stich up.

Rick Parry should be sacked immediately
Premier League changes on 10:00 - Oct 12 with 1371 viewsphilc

I agree with the points already made, if, as they are trying to dress it up, the big 6 are doing this as some kind of benevolence, why are all the terms of conditions solely of a benefit to them. They’ve picked their moment when the league clubs are at their weakest.
Premier League changes on 10:07 - Oct 12 with 1353 viewsThe_Beast1976

Premier League changes on 09:53 - Oct 12 by daveB

few other bits to add, this new voting scheme means those 9 clubs can vote down any takeover so if say a billionaire wants to buy Crystal Palace and do to them what happened to man City those top clubs can vote against it because, well why would you want that to happen.. It's such a blatant stich up.

Rick Parry should be sacked immediately

Rick Parry is a fraud and a crook. Should be sacked immediately for for either or those, or for negligence, or indeed for being a complete cant
Premier League changes on 10:34 - Oct 12 with 1299 viewsSt_Pollock

Premier League changes on 08:46 - Oct 12 by stevec

Totally agree. Sadly this is what happens when your league is in such a total financial mess you have to go cap in hand and in truth, the Chanpionship was in a complete mess with or without Covid.

It’s time our owners and the other 23 got their act together and force through the wage cap. If they’d done it by now Covid would be a blip and they’d be well on their way to solving this entire problem, but instead they succumb to the greediness of overpaid footballers and their own greed believing it’s the only way to reach the so called promised land.

The fault line is the wage bill, just sort it out.

Look how quickly the majority of our fans embraced the changes and 'success' brought to us by the rich boys.

We sold our soul and killed everything good about QPR and it was obvious what was happening and yet the fans still went, bought shirts and waved their shiny, mass produced flags.

Even today, when this subject comes up, people still bemoan the fact that new rules may prevent us from taking the same route again...
Premier League changes on 10:35 - Oct 12 with 1295 viewsBostonR

Being saying for sometime that a European Super League is on the way. I say let the top six go and get their dream league. Who's is going to watch Benfica v Inter Milan on a Sat evening for £15?

Parry should be sacked as he has compromised his role in the EFL - no question.

I would love to see a move towards a British Premier League 1&2. Bring Rangers, Celtic and the other Scotish teams in and have two leagues of 20 teams. Below that, regionalise the lower leagues. Retain the FA Cup, EFL Cup and community shield. Might take some organising but it would be interesting.
Premier League changes on 10:35 - Oct 12 with 1293 viewsterryb

In my view there are MANY things wrong with this proposal, but there are some points that I would find hard to argue against.

1) Reduction to 18 clubs. Personally, I would like the number of clubs reduced in the EFL divisions. This could be done without losing clubs by regionalising Division Two (thus having four divisions in the EFL)

2) The play offs reverting to how they were originally.

3) No Premier teams in the League Cup. Many on this board & elsewhere have been in support of this for a few years.

What I will never be able to accept, is that any organisation should be dictated to by a minority. I do expect though, that the "big 6" will have enough support from other Premier clubs. I can't envisage Everton, West Ham, Southampton, Villa, Newcasrle or Wolves opposing them. In their own minds they will be voting for Premier perpetuity. Leeds & Palace may also be in that group.

I'm also greatly against the inclusion of "B" teams in the EFL, but I expect this to eventually happen as the price of accepting Premier payments.

I'm interested in what Lee Hoos has to say about Parry's quote that 75% of EFL clubs support the change. I would think that they were not in pocession of the full proposals, even if they were consulted at all.
Premier League changes on 10:37 - Oct 12 with 1288 viewsQPR_John

Premier League changes on 10:34 - Oct 12 by St_Pollock

Look how quickly the majority of our fans embraced the changes and 'success' brought to us by the rich boys.

We sold our soul and killed everything good about QPR and it was obvious what was happening and yet the fans still went, bought shirts and waved their shiny, mass produced flags.

Even today, when this subject comes up, people still bemoan the fact that new rules may prevent us from taking the same route again...

It might be the same route but I doubt we would make the same mistakes. Anyway it is not a case of the new proposed rules preventing us but more preventing any team outside the chosen few.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024