Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League changes 12:56 - Oct 11 with 19212 viewsGloucs_R

http://news.sky.com/story/premier-leagues-major-clubs-propose-shrinking-top-flig

Trying to reduce it to 18 clubs, talk of a professional B League....

The rich getting richer

Poll: Are we staying up?

Premier League changes on 17:48 - Oct 12 with 1912 viewstkqpr

The self indulgent w@nkers, a lot of legitimate concerns raised already but on a minor point, would that mean 26 teams in the Championship? No i doubt, so it would be a trickle down effect, however how many teams would be left in the EFL without fans at games remains to be seen.
Premier League changes on 18:11 - Oct 12 with 1883 viewstoboboly

Premier League changes on 17:48 - Oct 12 by tkqpr

The self indulgent w@nkers, a lot of legitimate concerns raised already but on a minor point, would that mean 26 teams in the Championship? No i doubt, so it would be a trickle down effect, however how many teams would be left in the EFL without fans at games remains to be seen.

No, it mentions that the Championship, L1 and L2 will have 24 teams each.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Premier League changes on 18:40 - Oct 12 with 1823 viewsQPRSteve

Premier League changes on 18:11 - Oct 12 by toboboly

Means that the EFL would have to be reduced by two teams.
Premier League changes on 20:03 - Oct 12 with 1727 viewsmarkrtid

https://imgur.com/jzK9Lns
Premier League changes on 20:15 - Oct 12 with 1709 viewsmarkrtid

Premier League changes on 20:03 - Oct 12 by markrtid

https://imgur.com/jzK9Lns

should have

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="jzK9Lns"><a href=" View" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" title="Do you trust this link?">https://imgur.com/jzK9Lns">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Premier League changes on 20:15 - Oct 12 with 1708 viewsmarkrtid

Premier League changes on 20:15 - Oct 12 by markrtid

should have

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="jzK9Lns"><a href=" View" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" title="Do you trust this link?">https://imgur.com/jzK9Lns">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Maybe not then.
Premier League changes on 20:18 - Oct 12 with 1702 viewsmarkrtid

Premier League changes on 20:15 - Oct 12 by markrtid

Maybe not then.

How about this?

[img] https://i.imgur.com/jzK9Lns.jpg[/img]
Premier League changes on 20:20 - Oct 12 with 1685 viewsmarkrtid

Premier League changes on 20:18 - Oct 12 by markrtid

How about this?

Was it worth it?
How about this?

Login to get fewer ads

Premier League changes on 20:24 - Oct 12 with 1677 viewsmarkrtid

Premier League changes on 18:11 - Oct 12 by toboboly

uh huh??
Premier League changes on 21:06 - Oct 12 with 1621 viewsloftinspace

What's basically happening here is that the entire structure is being held to ransom by a handful of billionaire foreign owners, who are cynically using Covid as an opportunity to scatter the chicken feed.

Parry is the middle man, and as such has been involved in a massive conflict of interest - these discussions predated his 'stewardship' of the EFL.

I don't know if anyone else has seen details, but the power these guys are going to wield over everyone else is breathtaking.

My guess is that this is the calculated opening gambit in a massive power struggle. If you're a championship club with any ambition at all you can not go along with this. I'd be very interested to hear the view from our boardroom.... since we don't basically do ambition, I fear the worst.
Premier League changes on 21:49 - Oct 12 with 1571 viewsmarkrtid

The Euro Championship league killed off any domestic cup in this country.
No more watching the FA Cup through the shop windows of Rumbelows anymore and that kickabout with Oxford never happened.

If I were a Celtic supporter I would be laughing x9
Premier League changes on 22:20 - Oct 12 with 1528 viewsted_hendrix

Ian Holloway's opinion;

“What are Liverpool and Manchester United thinking? How selfish are you? Breaks my heart to say it, I don’t get it.
I listened to the Government’s man who’s in charge of it all, and at last he’s started to threaten them and say we’re going to have to step in.
I think they need to step in right now and tell them what we want, not what you think is right. Who are you to suggest that?

“I think governance is absolutely vital right now, because money is going out of the game left, right and centre, billions and billions of pounds buying footballers, and it’s going out the game.

“The game needs it, put it back in the game, get the Government to control our game and make sure the people at the bottom still have a club.

“Greed is disgusting, and that’s what I’m seeing everywhere. It’s absolutely vile, and I hate it, so step in. Go and tell the top clubs that you can’t do that, please. Somebody needs to.

“Why do they need two less teams in the top flight? Bit of a threat are they? Not where you want to be in the league at the moment are you?

“You should be under threat, the game doesn’t belong to you. The club might, but for how long? The game belongs to people in England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. It belongs to us.

“Every community deserves it, and you’re just at the top of it, so who do you think you are? Let’s make football strong and divvy it up fairly from top to bottom.”

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Premier League changes on 22:46 - Oct 12 with 1497 viewsstowmarketrange

Premier League changes on 15:31 - Oct 11 by Gloucs_R

Hate this idea...

Two sides automatically relegated from the Premier League every season and the top two Championship teams promoted. The 16th place Premier League club in a play-off tournament with the Championship’s third, fourth and fifth placed teams.

I think the last time that happened was when Chelshite lost to Middlesbrough in the late 80’s.Was’t that the year they didn’t win a game in 25 attempts after being near the top in October?
Premier League changes on 04:19 - Oct 13 with 1433 viewsThe_Beast1976

Premier League changes on 22:20 - Oct 12 by ted_hendrix

Ian Holloway's opinion;

“What are Liverpool and Manchester United thinking? How selfish are you? Breaks my heart to say it, I don’t get it.
I listened to the Government’s man who’s in charge of it all, and at last he’s started to threaten them and say we’re going to have to step in.
I think they need to step in right now and tell them what we want, not what you think is right. Who are you to suggest that?

“I think governance is absolutely vital right now, because money is going out of the game left, right and centre, billions and billions of pounds buying footballers, and it’s going out the game.

“The game needs it, put it back in the game, get the Government to control our game and make sure the people at the bottom still have a club.

“Greed is disgusting, and that’s what I’m seeing everywhere. It’s absolutely vile, and I hate it, so step in. Go and tell the top clubs that you can’t do that, please. Somebody needs to.

“Why do they need two less teams in the top flight? Bit of a threat are they? Not where you want to be in the league at the moment are you?

“You should be under threat, the game doesn’t belong to you. The club might, but for how long? The game belongs to people in England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. It belongs to us.

“Every community deserves it, and you’re just at the top of it, so who do you think you are? Let’s make football strong and divvy it up fairly from top to bottom.”

Well said Olly
Premier League changes on 07:37 - Oct 13 with 1374 viewsPaddyhoops

Mel Morris, Derby County chairman on radio 5 live this morning discussing Premier league changes.
Pleading poverty . Mind you his club could sell thier club back to themselves.. oh hang on, they've done that already.
Premier League changes on 09:19 - Oct 13 with 1274 viewsSt_Pollock

Premier League changes on 22:46 - Oct 12 by stowmarketrange

I think the last time that happened was when Chelshite lost to Middlesbrough in the late 80’s.Was’t that the year they didn’t win a game in 25 attempts after being near the top in October?

It went on for another season afterwards with Crystal Palace's iconic win against Blackburn coming in 1989.
Premier League changes on 11:22 - Oct 13 with 1204 viewsW7Ranger

Premier League changes on 22:52 - Oct 11 by St_Pollock

2 examples in 27 years... And both one off.

3 examples in 27 years.

Blackburn
Leicester
Liverpool
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 11:57]
Premier League changes on 11:46 - Oct 13 with 1166 viewstimcocking

Ian Holloway's opinion;

Predictable of Olly to have the guts to come out and say it so strongly, that's why we love him.

Bunch of fcukers. If i was a billionaire, i'd hire a load of people to blow up the top six.
Premier League changes on 12:04 - Oct 13 with 1141 viewsdaveB

Premier League changes on 07:37 - Oct 13 by Paddyhoops

Mel Morris, Derby County chairman on radio 5 live this morning discussing Premier league changes.
Pleading poverty . Mind you his club could sell thier club back to themselves.. oh hang on, they've done that already.

No club spending 100k a week on Wayne Rooney should be pleading poverty
Premier League changes on 12:41 - Oct 13 with 1087 viewshantssi

Premier League changes on 12:04 - Oct 13 by daveB

No club spending 100k a week on Wayne Rooney should be pleading poverty

Ah, but according to the books their not, he’s sponsored by is it Red 32 hence his number!
Also, just in case he is a player/coach!
You couldn’t make it up.
Premier League changes on 12:52 - Oct 13 with 1072 views2Thomas2Bowles

Ian Holloway's opinion;

Ollie's full interview

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08v2zsf

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Premier League changes on 12:53 - Oct 13 with 1076 viewsJuzzie

My next door neighbour is the Chairman of Hampton Villa (Rufus Brevett was manager a couple of seasons back). He's a retired shop fitter, not an F1 mogul or VP of Amazon etc. He and his partner are down there all the time, doing this, doing that, running the bar, everything.

As we can't go to QPR I'll take my son there in a couple of weeks.
Premier League changes on 13:08 - Oct 13 with 1038 viewshamptonhillhoop

Premier League changes on 07:37 - Oct 13 by Paddyhoops

I heard his interview this morning on the radio. At least, when asked, he conceded that the voting change proposals were't right. This announcement has been nicely timed, with so many EFL clubs in urgent need of cash. The owners of Forest Green Rovers and Leyton Orient have both come out in support of it. The Leyton Orient manager admits he lives in Boston and knows John Henry. Ridsdale at PNE also 'broadly welcomes' the proposal. Orient and FGR aren't likely to be challenging for promotion to the PL anytime soon so probably aren't fussed about changes to voting rights.
The Premier League need to head this off by offering their own rescue package for EFL clubs that doesn't have the (not so) hidden caveats of this proposal.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 13:09]
Premier League changes on 13:08 - Oct 13 with 1036 viewstoboboly

Premier League changes on 12:53 - Oct 13 by Juzzie

My next door neighbour is the Chairman of Hampton Villa (Rufus Brevett was manager a couple of seasons back). He's a retired shop fitter, not an F1 mogul or VP of Amazon etc. He and his partner are down there all the time, doing this, doing that, running the bar, everything.

As we can't go to QPR I'll take my son there in a couple of weeks.

It's Hanworth Villa :)

Was there on Saturday, bar is a bit tight for social distancing but had a warm welcome.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Premier League changes on 13:16 - Oct 13 with 1017 viewsNorthernr

Premier League changes on 13:08 - Oct 13 by hamptonhillhoop

I heard his interview this morning on the radio. At least, when asked, he conceded that the voting change proposals were't right. This announcement has been nicely timed, with so many EFL clubs in urgent need of cash. The owners of Forest Green Rovers and Leyton Orient have both come out in support of it. The Leyton Orient manager admits he lives in Boston and knows John Henry. Ridsdale at PNE also 'broadly welcomes' the proposal. Orient and FGR aren't likely to be challenging for promotion to the PL anytime soon so probably aren't fussed about changes to voting rights.
The Premier League need to head this off by offering their own rescue package for EFL clubs that doesn't have the (not so) hidden caveats of this proposal.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 13:09]

Ridsdale is on that list of people where if they're agreeing with something you know it's a fcking terrible/stupid/bent idea.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024