Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League changes 12:56 - Oct 11 with 19112 viewsGloucs_R

http://news.sky.com/story/premier-leagues-major-clubs-propose-shrinking-top-flig

Trying to reduce it to 18 clubs, talk of a professional B League....

The rich getting richer

Poll: Are we staying up?

Premier League changes on 09:57 - Oct 15 with 1993 viewsqprxtc

The Premier League takes over from the 1st Division.
Champions League takes over from the European Cup.
Sky takes over Football.
FA Cup becomes irrelevant.
Rich clubs harvest as many players as they can.
Rich clubs take the best young players from smaller clubs with minimal compensation.
Rich clubs want to get richer.
Winning trophies is secondary to finishing 17th in the Premier League.
Football League clubs chase promotion to the Premier League at all costs.
Football League clubs spend more than afford and sell off all their assets.
Financial Fair Play.
Ticket prices sky rocket.
Games get shifted to any time at no notice.
Fans constantly fleeced for their loyalty.
The TV fan is more important than fans.
Football is not a sport. It’s a business to make more money for billionaires. Sport is a risk to business and it’s their business to reduce the risk of not making more money.

What’s the point in Football now and why should I care and spend my money on it?
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 19:11]
Premier League changes on 13:10 - Oct 15 with 1873 viewstoboboly

Jesus wept...

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Premier League changes on 21:40 - Oct 15 with 1756 viewsThe_Beast1976

Premier League changes on 09:57 - Oct 15 by qprxtc

Sky takes over Football.
Rich clubs take the best young players from smaller clubs with minimal compensation.
Financial Fair Play.
Football is not a sport. It’s a business to make more money for billionaires. Sport is a risk to business and it’s their business to reduce the risk of not making more money.

What’s the point in Football now and why should I care and spend my money on it?

You shouldn't, and anyone who genuinely cares about football shouldn't, until the 'big 6' or whatever bullshite they call themselves these days fcuk off into a european league and the remainder is restructured to something more fair and equal and which is more about sport than being a fcuking soap opera with billions swishing around
Premier League changes on 22:14 - Oct 15 with 1700 viewsThe_Beast1976

This, however, sounds promising on the face of it - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54558837

It may also force the 'big 6' or whatever bullshite they call themselves to resist and threaten to breakaway into a European league. We can all wave them cheerio and good riddance
Premier League changes on 14:44 - Oct 20 with 1547 viewstoboboly

Oh no.....what a shame.....oh well..........

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Premier League changes on 14:46 - Oct 20 with 1540 viewsstowmarketrange

Premier League changes on 14:44 - Oct 20 by toboboly

Oh no.....what a shame.....oh well..........

Don’t let the door hit your ar se on the way out.
Premier League changes on 14:56 - Oct 20 with 1507 viewsfrancisbowles

Yeh, off you go to the land of 'milk and honey' where you can charge your so called armchair (or bar based) international fans £50* to PPV (more for bars)

We will see what their reaction to that is and then when you come back enjoy the Northern League division four or wherever you start at the bottom of the pyramid.

*other currencies are accepted
Premier League changes on 14:59 - Oct 20 with 1487 viewsQPR_John

Premier League changes on 14:56 - Oct 20 by francisbowles

Yeh, off you go to the land of 'milk and honey' where you can charge your so called armchair (or bar based) international fans £50* to PPV (more for bars)

We will see what their reaction to that is and then when you come back enjoy the Northern League division four or wherever you start at the bottom of the pyramid.

*other currencies are accepted

"We will see what their reaction to that is and then when you come back enjoy the Northern League division four or wherever you start at the bottom of the pyramid."

Hardly going to happen will it. They will demand and get from their servants at the FA a copper bottomed guarantee of reentry to the top tier.
Login to get fewer ads

Premier League changes on 15:03 - Oct 20 with 1478 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Yawwwwwwwwwwn...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Premier League changes on 15:04 - Oct 20 with 1476 viewsBostonR

Premier League changes on 14:46 - Oct 20 by stowmarketrange

Don’t let the door hit your ar se on the way out.

Always on the cards and who is really going to miss them?

That league will quickly turn into a version of the SPL with one of two two teams winning it. Man Utd in mid-table vs Athletico Madrid in mid table (nothing to play for) on a Tues night would of course draw a huge audience - not.

How long would that last before they come knocking to play back in a revamped British League, play in the new improved EFL and the British FA Cup?

They'd have millions of pounds and no-one to play.
Premier League changes on 15:05 - Oct 20 with 1470 viewsSt_Pollock

Premier League changes on 09:57 - Oct 15 by qprxtc

Sky takes over Football.
Financial Fair Play.

"What’s the point in Football now and why should I care and spend my money on it?"

Get into Non League mate, it's honestly where the heart and soul of football is now.

Let's be honest, QPR died a long time ago and we go to watch a tribute act nowadays and normally out of habit.
Premier League changes on 15:08 - Oct 20 with 1459 viewsdavman

Amazing isn't it.

The prevalent reaction to last week's news was "NO F-IN WAY" whereas the prevalent reaction to this will be "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Off you F**K".

...and yet this majority sits quietly letting the top teams do what they want. Let the top 6 go if that is what they really want; fans travelling home and away will come a thing of the past to them. I could not give a rats ass if QPR never played Man U, Liverpool or any other team in that top 6 ever again.

Whoever we play against, I will support us; I don't care about those top teams.

And of course the acid test will be who misses who the most - you can be damn sure that we'll miss them a hell of a lot less than they'll miss us...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Premier League changes on 15:09 - Oct 20 with 1454 viewsstowmarketrange

Premier League changes on 15:04 - Oct 20 by BostonR

That league will quickly turn into a version of the SPL with one of two two teams winning it. Man Utd in mid-table vs Athletico Madrid in mid table (nothing to play for) on a Tues night would of course draw a huge audience - not.

How long would that last before they come knocking to play back in a revamped British League, play in the new improved EFL and the British FA Cup?

I think they’re planning on an extra league to be played midweek and premier league games at the weekends.They keep their options open then to either break away for good if it works,or to come crawling back when it goes belly up.
Premier League changes on 15:12 - Oct 20 with 1444 viewsSt_Pollock

Premier League changes on 15:04 - Oct 20 by BostonR

Johan Cryuff once said that a European Super league would never work because it would only involve successful clubs who have never really endured long term failure but each year a few of them would regularly struggle so the appeal of being in that set up vanishes.

So what they'll do is have a league of about 20 and a US Franchise type play-offs at the end of the 'regular season' to keep interest going.
Premier League changes on 15:26 - Oct 20 with 1409 viewsMistication92

Off you fck then! TBH it would be nice if it happened, maybe then there'd be proper structural change in English football? The other 15 clubs get absorbed back into the FL, no more PL. Go back to revenue-sharing and a proper FA Cup.
Premier League changes on 15:43 - Oct 20 with 1369 viewsaston_hoop

So this is just a 'Champions' League replacement at the moment then?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Premier League changes on 16:18 - Oct 20 with 1302 viewsSharpy36

I would expect many clubs in the Scottish leagues would be happy to see the back of Celtic and Rangers too.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Premier League changes on 16:59 - Oct 20 with 1241 viewsdaveB

Premier League changes on 15:43 - Oct 20 by aston_hoop

So this is just a 'Champions' League replacement at the moment then?

No it's a separate competition by the sound of it
Premier League changes on 17:20 - Oct 20 with 1203 viewsQPRSteve

Anyone willing to bet that they would want their B teams playing in the premier league?
Premier League changes on 18:12 - Oct 20 with 1163 viewsterryb

Would clubs be entering this instead of their national league, or as well as?

I suspect that the clubs would expect to compete in both & would increase their playing/managerial staff to fulfill all fixtures.
Premier League changes on 18:50 - Oct 20 with 1114 viewsdavman

Premier League changes on 17:20 - Oct 20 by QPRSteve

Anyone willing to bet that they would want their B teams playing in the premier league?

I wouldn't actually mind that. It is much more agreeable than putting a B team in the "lower" leagues.

How can we make this happen? If that is a real proposal, then let's petition to FA and everyone else to make it happen. It would be superb - no downside whatsoever!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Premier League changes on 19:06 - Oct 20 with 1093 viewsHunterhoop

Premier League changes on 18:50 - Oct 20 by davman

I wouldn't actually mind that. It is much more agreeable than putting a B team in the "lower" leagues.

How can we make this happen? If that is a real proposal, then let's petition to FA and everyone else to make it happen. It would be superb - no downside whatsoever!

I’m not a fan of the B team concept in any solution BUT if this went ahead, fine, but they must start at the bottom of the semi-pro structure abd work their way up, like every other “new” club. They can’t just be parachuted into the Prem. We known Prem B team football isn’t Prem standard anyway.
Premier League changes on 19:35 - Oct 20 with 1063 viewsfrancisbowles

Premier League changes on 14:59 - Oct 20 by QPR_John

"We will see what their reaction to that is and then when you come back enjoy the Northern League division four or wherever you start at the bottom of the pyramid."

Hardly going to happen will it. They will demand and get from their servants at the FA a copper bottomed guarantee of reentry to the top tier.

Your probably right but it was said in jest.
Premier League changes on 21:03 - Oct 20 with 1014 viewsSK_hoops

Premier League changes on 15:05 - Oct 20 by St_Pollock

"What’s the point in Football now and why should I care and spend my money on it?"

Get into Non League mate, it's honestly where the heart and soul of football is now.

Let's be honest, QPR died a long time ago and we go to watch a tribute act nowadays and normally out of habit.

Been going to watch a few hanwell town games and can't get even 10% as invested in it as I do for QPR.
Premier League changes on 21:10 - Oct 20 with 1005 viewsClive_Anderson

What pisses me off about this is that they say they want fewer games by reducing the Premier League teams to 18 and scrapping the league cup, but then want more games for their reserves by playing them in B teams.

Er...play the reserves in the league cup then you nob ends.

The fact is that they don't want fewer games, they just don't want other teams getting any prestige from winning trophies that they don't take seriously.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024