Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League changes 12:56 - Oct 11 with 18863 viewsGloucs_R

http://news.sky.com/story/premier-leagues-major-clubs-propose-shrinking-top-flig

Trying to reduce it to 18 clubs, talk of a professional B League....

The rich getting richer

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Premier League changes on 21:16 - Oct 20 with 1514 viewsSK_hoops

Premier League changes on 18:12 - Oct 20 by terryb

Would clubs be entering this instead of their national league, or as well as?

I suspect that the clubs would expect to compete in both & would increase their playing/managerial staff to fulfill all fixtures.

As well as. Although it's going to be an extra 30 games...

They'll probably all sack of FA cup and league games for those teams.
Premier League changes on 09:54 - Oct 21 with 1356 viewsfrancisbowles

Premier League changes on 21:16 - Oct 20 by SK_hoops

As well as. Although it's going to be an extra 30 games...

They'll probably all sack of FA cup and league games for those teams.

How on earth are they going to play an extra 'minimum of 30 games'?

It is ridiculous and I haven't heard about one person either for it or defending it. Sounds like if it was a serious concept it is dead in the water.

But, what are they softening us up for?
Premier League changes on 10:07 - Oct 21 with 1335 viewsPhildo

Premier League changes on 09:54 - Oct 21 by francisbowles

It is ridiculous and I haven't heard about one person either for it or defending it. Sounds like if it was a serious concept it is dead in the water.

superbowl xxv - Real Liverpool v Barcelona United live to your living room from the Dubai underground football facility
Premier League changes on 10:31 - Oct 21 with 1301 viewsterryb

Premier League changes on 09:54 - Oct 21 by francisbowles

They would have a different squad to play in the two competitions & probably different management. In effect I think it would be their "b" sides playing in the Premier, but their "b" teams would be good enough to finish in the top six.

As it is backed ny FIFA it is certainly a serious concept & as such will be supported by UEFA & the national associations.

I can't imagine that Sky & BT will be happy with this unless they win the battle to screen games.
Premier League changes on 10:59 - Oct 21 with 1286 viewsfrancisbowles

Premier League changes on 10:31 - Oct 21 by terryb

They would have a different squad to play in the two competitions & probably different management. In effect I think it would be their "b" sides playing in the Premier, but their "b" teams would be good enough to finish in the top six.

As it is backed ny FIFA it is certainly a serious concept & as such will be supported by UEFA & the national associations.

I can't imagine that Sky & BT will be happy with this unless they win the battle to screen games.

Premier league won't want and shouldn't allow 'b' teams. UEFA are against it and I can't imagine many national associations will want it either.

As for FIFA, I have for a while thought we should withdraw from FIFA and encourage others to follow. With their ridiculous awarding of World Cups and constant tinkering, almost always for the worst and making them more complicated, laws of the game.

I know it's not going to happen but hopefully this tournament won't either.
Premier League changes on 11:25 - Oct 21 with 1262 viewswgchoop

Premier League changes on 10:31 - Oct 21 by terryb

UEFA not to happy with it so far according to this.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/uefa-stance-liverpo
Premier League changes on 12:38 - Oct 21 with 1202 viewsJuzzie

2019/20 average attendances around Europe;

FL Championship: 15,000 / League One: 8,800
Bundesliga 2: 15,000 / Bundesliga 3: 2,000
Serie B: 7,000 / Serie C: 1,500
Spain Segunda División: 7,200 / no 3rd tier as such.
France Ligue 2: 6,800 / no 3rd tier as such.
Dutch Eerste Divisie: 4,200 / Tweede Divisie: 700
Portugal Segunda Liga: 1,100 / no 3rd tier as such.
Sweden Superettan: 1,600 / no 3rd tier as such.

For as long as I can remember, football attendance in England outside of the top flight has been really healthy compared to other main European countries (Germany aside for Bundesliga 2).

If the powers that be can't seem to see or grasp this simple fact and keep it alive, they need ousting as they are clearly not fit for purpose.
Premier League changes on 13:37 - Oct 21 with 1136 viewsTGRRRSSS

If ther'es 20 who we thinking?

Juventus
INter Milan
AC Milan
Arsenal
Man Yoo
Man Citeh
Liverpool
Chelsea
PSG
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Athletico Madrid
Bayern Munich
Dortmund
Benfica
Sporting Lisbon
Celtic
Rangers
Ajax
PSV Eindhoven
Everton

Who else thinks they can make some sooper doper League.

No doubt more I can't think iff

I think the Cryuff point was very salient, as someone said earlier in MId February are Man United and A Madrid keen on a middle of the table clash?

No promotion or relegation?

Asssume they think massive interest in Asia will pay for it?

30 odd games for me makes any other league impossible - travel etc, and an odd time with C19 situation making travel problematic to say the least.
Login to get fewer ads

Premier League changes on 13:54 - Oct 21 with 1117 viewsSharpy36

As daft as it sounds, i would`nt be surprised with the American $ behind this, that at least 2 MLS teams are involved.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Premier League changes on 06:36 - Oct 22 with 1033 viewsJuzzie

Premier League changes on 13:37 - Oct 21 by TGRRRSSS

If ther'es 20 who we thinking?

Juventus
INter Milan
AC Milan
Arsenal
Man Yoo
Man Citeh
Liverpool
Chelsea
PSG
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Athletico Madrid
Bayern Munich
Dortmund
Benfica
Sporting Lisbon
Celtic
Rangers
Ajax
PSV Eindhoven
Everton

Who else thinks they can make some sooper doper League.

No doubt more I can't think iff

I think the Cryuff point was very salient, as someone said earlier in MId February are Man United and A Madrid keen on a middle of the table clash?

No promotion or relegation?

Asssume they think massive interest in Asia will pay for it?

30 odd games for me makes any other league impossible - travel etc, and an odd time with C19 situation making travel problematic to say the least.

I’m not sure other countries would be happy with 6 English teams yet only one from France, two from Germany and three from Spain. I think Spurs would be in place of Everton but that’s still six.

Marseille, Schalke, Seville, Napoli, Lazio, Roma, Porto, Bayer Leverkusen, Zenit St Petersburg, Olympiakos, Feyenoord and Lyon would all want a say I’d imagine.
Premier League changes on 08:24 - Oct 22 with 1005 viewstoboboly

Premier League changes on 06:36 - Oct 22 by Juzzie

I’m not sure other countries would be happy with 6 English teams yet only one from France, two from Germany and three from Spain. I think Spurs would be in place of Everton but that’s still six.

Marseille, Schalke, Seville, Napoli, Lazio, Roma, Porto, Bayer Leverkusen, Zenit St Petersburg, Olympiakos, Feyenoord and Lyon would all want a say I’d imagine.

Marseille and Zenit have no financial clout compared to English teams - no-one would care about them v Liverpool so they wouldn't have a say. This is just to make the rich richer. Of course they could always return to a slimline Champions League for these sorts of games but then UEFA wouldn't have as much.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Premier League changes on 09:27 - Oct 22 with 983 viewsJuzzie

As of June 2020 here are the top 20 richest European clubs. Bye bye, off you go and let the rest of us get on with it.

Real Madrid

Manchester United

FC Barcelona

Bayern München

Liverpool

Manchester City

Chelsea

Tottenham Hotspur FC

Paris Saint-Germain

Arsenal

Juventus

Borussia Dortmund

Atlético Madrid

Internazionale

FC Schalke 04

AS Roma

Napoli

West Ham United

Leicester City

Olympique Lyonnais
Premier League changes on 10:11 - Oct 22 with 967 viewsClive_Anderson

Would be good if all the clubs except for the top 4-5 got together and demanded a more equitable league or they will all piss off to form their own league and leave the "big clubs" with no league to play in.
Premier League changes on 11:47 - Oct 22 with 914 viewsdavman

Premier League changes on 10:11 - Oct 22 by Clive_Anderson

Would be good if all the clubs except for the top 4-5 got together and demanded a more equitable league or they will all piss off to form their own league and leave the "big clubs" with no league to play in.

This is my point.

Maybe not worldwide, but, surely, the fans of the remaining 86 clubs must out number the fans of the top 6 in this country?

Speaking with one voice to influence the FA to get it to remember that it is there for the betterment of the game in this country and should NOT be about how much money it draws in - that is the job of the EPL.

It won't happen of course as too many want the ££££ rather than a game with integrity.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Premier League changes on 11:51 - Oct 22 with 906 viewsSt_Pollock

Premier League changes on 11:47 - Oct 22 by davman

This is my point.

Maybe not worldwide, but, surely, the fans of the remaining 86 clubs must out number the fans of the top 6 in this country?

Speaking with one voice to influence the FA to get it to remember that it is there for the betterment of the game in this country and should NOT be about how much money it draws in - that is the job of the EPL.

It won't happen of course as too many want the ££££ rather than a game with integrity.

The problem is that 'fans' now include those who live thousands of miles away and who are partial to brand recogonising.

Man Utd have more 'fans' than every side in the FL combined and it is those 'fans' who ensure the TV deals are as large as they are. Lose Utd, Liverpool and City - to name but 3 - and the TV deal for what is left is very, very less.
Premier League changes on 11:54 - Oct 22 with 895 viewsClive_Anderson

Premier League changes on 11:51 - Oct 22 by St_Pollock

The problem is that 'fans' now include those who live thousands of miles away and who are partial to brand recogonising.

Man Utd have more 'fans' than every side in the FL combined and it is those 'fans' who ensure the TV deals are as large as they are. Lose Utd, Liverpool and City - to name but 3 - and the TV deal for what is left is very, very less.

But money isn't the most important thing to supporters, it just goes into the pockets of players and agents anyway.

The most important thing is a relatively equal and competitive league where the top 6 isn't known before a single ball is kicked.
Premier League changes on 13:20 - Oct 22 with 876 viewsSt_Pollock

Premier League changes on 11:54 - Oct 22 by Clive_Anderson

But money isn't the most important thing to supporters, it just goes into the pockets of players and agents anyway.

The most important thing is a relatively equal and competitive league where the top 6 isn't known before a single ball is kicked.

I agree but how many clubs in the English football league system are alive only because of TV money... That's the problem.

We may not care about the money or even the Premier League - I'm not even certain if I am that bothered about football above Non League anymore either - but clubs don't operate on shirt buttons and most are walking dead due to the debts around their necks.
Premier League changes on 13:28 - Oct 22 with 869 viewsTGRRRSSS

Premier League changes on 06:36 - Oct 22 by Juzzie

Indeed Juzzie - the point was more from Taslk over here of the Big 6 - in papers and media and TV and so on.

Hence my general idea of trying to work out who and how etc.

The very point you raise leads surely to it's downfall at source?/…

Surely???...
Premier League changes on 13:30 - Oct 22 with 867 viewsTGRRRSSS

Premier League changes on 11:51 - Oct 22 by St_Pollock

They seem to count people who follow them via different forms, as you say related to brand recognition, but that doesn't truly make them fans in itself.
Premier League changes on 13:33 - Oct 22 with 860 viewsR_from_afar

Premier League changes on 09:27 - Oct 22 by Juzzie

As of June 2020 here are the top 20 richest European clubs. Bye bye, off you go and let the rest of us get on with it.

Real Madrid

Manchester United

FC Barcelona

Bayern München

Liverpool

Manchester City

Chelsea

Tottenham Hotspur FC

Paris Saint-Germain

Arsenal

Juventus

Borussia Dortmund

Atlético Madrid

Internazionale

FC Schalke 04

AS Roma

Napoli

West Ham United

Leicester City

Olympique Lyonnais

Won't somebody please think of Zorya Luhansk?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Premier League changes on 13:38 - Oct 22 with 853 viewsSt_Pollock

Premier League changes on 13:30 - Oct 22 by TGRRRSSS

They seem to count people who follow them via different forms, as you say related to brand recognition, but that doesn't truly make them fans in itself.

They're not fans at all in my opinion.

Parasites and glory hunters.
Premier League changes on 13:42 - Oct 22 with 850 viewsTGRRRSSS

Premier League changes on 13:38 - Oct 22 by St_Pollock

They're not fans at all in my opinion.

Parasites and glory hunters.

Agree totally.
Premier League changes on 13:44 - Oct 22 with 842 viewsClive_Anderson

Premier League changes on 13:20 - Oct 22 by St_Pollock

I agree but how many clubs in the English football league system are alive only because of TV money... That's the problem.

We may not care about the money or even the Premier League - I'm not even certain if I am that bothered about football above Non League anymore either - but clubs don't operate on shirt buttons and most are walking dead due to the debts around their necks.

They've have to agree together to wind down expensive player contracts 3-4 years before they leave to form their own league. Tricky, but not impossible.

If the current model has clubs barely surviving with massive debts then it clearly isn't working very well at the moment.
Premier League changes on 13:58 - Oct 22 with 836 viewsJuzzie

Premier League changes on 13:28 - Oct 22 by TGRRRSSS

Indeed Juzzie - the point was more from Taslk over here of the Big 6 - in papers and media and TV and so on.

Hence my general idea of trying to work out who and how etc.

The very point you raise leads surely to it's downfall at source?/…

Surely???...

There'll be lots of differences of opinion as to what the criteria should be and that will take ages to resolve if at all.
Premier League changes on 08:50 - Oct 26 with 757 viewstoboboly

Turns out they are all liars, who'd have thought...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/oct/23/revealed-greg-clarke-real-role-

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024