Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone watching live non league football 16:11 - Oct 12 with 9763 viewsnightwish

As QPR were not playing on Saturday (so no internet match to watch) i went along to a live game to watch Eastbourne United vs Little Common in the Southern Combination League.I was wondering are there any other QPR supporters getting their live fix of football by going to non league matches?
Anyone watching live non league football on 15:03 - Oct 20 with 2397 viewsSt_Pollock

Anyone watching live non league football on 20:25 - Oct 13 by robith

Yeah been going to Walthamstow FC, enjoying it a lot. Aided by them being sponsored by a local brewery selling their cans in the ground at a decent knock down price.

Saw a penalty shoot out one night, felt alive.

Went to Walthamstow for their match against Hornchurch.

Great set up over there and will definitely go back for a return visit at some point.

Stow's number 10 looks decent btw.
Anyone watching live non league football on 15:13 - Oct 20 with 2388 viewsBostonR

Anyone watching live non league football on 13:43 - Oct 13 by St_Pollock

Haven't been to North Greenford United but eyeing up a night match there...

What's the set up like? Decent bar?

They are playing the top rated team tonight at home Colney Heath. A friend of mine has both his boy's playing for Greenford - decent players. Nice clubhouse but I have not been for a year or so.
Anyone watching live non league football on 15:21 - Oct 20 with 2371 viewsSt_Pollock

Anyone watching live non league football on 15:13 - Oct 20 by BostonR

They are playing the top rated team tonight at home Colney Heath. A friend of mine has both his boy's playing for Greenford - decent players. Nice clubhouse but I have not been for a year or so.

I was eyeing it up but I went to Tooting on Saturday and am going to a game for the next two weekends.

Need to keep the Missus happy!

From what I've read, however, seems like a ground that I should check out.
Anyone watching live non league football on 17:16 - Oct 20 with 2326 viewsrsonist

Anyone watching live non league football on 15:03 - Oct 20 by St_Pollock

Went to Walthamstow for their match against Hornchurch.

Great set up over there and will definitely go back for a return visit at some point.

Stow's number 10 looks decent btw.

Connor Scully. I wasn't at that particular match but I liked the look of him previously too.

Will have to get down again soon now goal machine Dwade James is back from an unsuccessful spell at Hendon.

Anyone watching live non league football on 17:22 - Oct 20 with 2322 viewsthompsonridd

Anyone watching live non league football on 18:14 - Oct 12 by toboboly

Park View
Stansted
Buntingford Town
Horsham
Robertsbridge Utd
Wormley Rovers
Sawbridgeworth Town
Hanworth Villa

Had a few rain outs so far, tomorrow got Enfield Town and Saturday Bowers and Pitsea. I've done non-league for a number of years but this year have decided to go all out. Considering what professional football is doing it is a far better day out than the PL.

Played for Wormley Rovers many years ago!!!

Off to see Bishops Stortford v St Albans in FA Cup next Monday. May make it a regular thing, I didn't know until this week that we are able to attend!!!
Anyone watching live non league football on 10:22 - Oct 21 with 2264 viewsterryb

Anyone watching live non league football on 17:22 - Oct 20 by thompsonridd

Played for Wormley Rovers many years ago!!!

Off to see Bishops Stortford v St Albans in FA Cup next Monday. May make it a regular thing, I didn't know until this week that we are able to attend!!!

I've not seen any this season, but over my klifetime I would have seen more non-league than I have Rangers!

I don't understand why the authorities have allowed different maximum numbers at different levels.:-

National League (steps 1& 2)- NIL
Isthmian, Southern, NPL (steps 3&4 - 600
Combined Counties etc ((steps 5& 6) - 300

This means that the new Bury team can only have a crowd of 300, whereas Radcliffe can have 600 at the same venue. Likewise, Bowers can host 600 while their tennants Hashtag United are limited to 300, but could sell double the number that Bowers manage to!

I also struggle to understand what has happened to my team this season. The same players that scored freely last year have dried up! They are yet to score at home, in front of crowds of over 500, but have a 100% winning away record.

Most clubs at steps 3-6 are worth a visit & you may be surprised at how good some of the clubhouses are.
Anyone watching live non league football on 10:31 - Oct 21 with 2258 viewsTheChef

Cracking 4-1 win for Wingate last night - I took along a couple of mates for the first time who enjoyed it, so I expect we'll all be back for the next midweek game in a couple of weeks (assuming we're still allowed to go, etc. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Anyone watching live non league football on 13:32 - Oct 21 with 2229 viewsTGRRRSSS

Might try and tick of a ground or 2 where possible.

Below concerence north/south where admittance isn't it?
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone watching live non league football on 14:11 - Oct 21 with 2204 viewstoboboly

Anyone watching live non league football on 13:32 - Oct 21 by TGRRRSSS

Might try and tick of a ground or 2 where possible.

Below concerence north/south where admittance isn't it?

Isthmian League and below. Some do on the gate, some do advance only, depends on the club and the set up.

Bedfont Sports has a tidy ground and an electronic scoreboard, exciting!

Athletic Newham v Frenford tonight if the rain holds off.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Anyone watching live non league football on 16:26 - Oct 21 with 2181 viewsSt_Pollock

Anyone watching live non league football on 14:11 - Oct 21 by toboboly

Isthmian League and below. Some do on the gate, some do advance only, depends on the club and the set up.

Bedfont Sports has a tidy ground and an electronic scoreboard, exciting!

Athletic Newham v Frenford tonight if the rain holds off.

Been to 6 matches since August and had to book tickets in advance at 3 so definitely worth checking.

Also, if you're a programme nerd you might want to get to grounds early as most clubs are printing their normal amount but crowds across the pyramid are significantly up with some crowds attracting unprecedented attendances.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 16:29]
Anyone watching live non league football on 17:01 - Oct 21 with 2175 views1MoreBrightonR

Anyone watching live non league football on 20:25 - Oct 13 by robith

Yeah been going to Walthamstow FC, enjoying it a lot. Aided by them being sponsored by a local brewery selling their cans in the ground at a decent knock down price.

Saw a penalty shoot out one night, felt alive.

Where in Walthamstow do they play? and what sort of numbers do they get? i may come along to one.
Anyone watching live non league football on 17:41 - Oct 21 with 2150 viewsPinnerPaul

I'm at Harringey Borough for an Under 23s line on Monday night

Was due at Wealdstone on Weds for an U18s game, but that one's been moved.

On Sunday I'm at that relatively rare thing - an exclusivly female club - Denham United.
Anyone watching live non league football on 13:11 - Oct 22 with 2100 viewsMick_S

Anyone watching live non league football on 17:41 - Oct 21 by PinnerPaul

I'm at Harringey Borough for an Under 23s line on Monday night

Was due at Wealdstone on Weds for an U18s game, but that one's been moved.

On Sunday I'm at that relatively rare thing - an exclusivly female club - Denham United.

Handy for a Mcdonalds after the game.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Anyone watching live non league football on 13:13 - Oct 22 with 2091 viewstoboboly

Anyone watching live non league football on 16:26 - Oct 21 by St_Pollock

Been to 6 matches since August and had to book tickets in advance at 3 so definitely worth checking.

Also, if you're a programme nerd you might want to get to grounds early as most clubs are printing their normal amount but crowds across the pyramid are significantly up with some crowds attracting unprecedented attendances.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 16:29]

I've noticed more and more are putting their programmes online which is useful.

Anyone watching live non league football on 13:16 - Oct 22 with 2088 viewsSt_Pollock

Anyone watching live non league football on 13:13 - Oct 22 by toboboly

I've noticed more and more are putting their programmes online which is useful.

I think that's the future of all programmes including those published by clubs at our level and above too.

I hadn't bought a physical copy of the home programmes at Loftus Road for a number of years for a number of reasons but started to do so again once they were digitalised.

Only buy physical programmes at Non-League and Overseas matches now.
Anyone watching live non league football on 17:08 - Oct 22 with 2061 viewsPinnerPaul

Anyone watching live non league football on 13:11 - Oct 22 by Mick_S

Handy for a Mcdonalds after the game.

Indeed - especially as post match hospitality is a no no at the moment!
Anyone watching live non league football on 22:39 - Oct 22 with 2024 viewsDannyPaddox

in the gardens of Tott’nam ...

Great night of Cup Football in the rain at the Coles Park Stadium, White Hart Lane the other week.

Haringey Borough 5 Bracknell Town 1
The game a lot closer than the scoreline suggests. Great standard of football on the all weather 3G pitch and highly competitive. The 5th goal for Borough an absolute pearler.

Superb atmosphere too amongst the 450 or so. The home fans have a large repertoire of songs of which the highlights were “Bus Stop In Tottenham, We’re Just a Bus Stop In Tottenham“

”Sing if you’re Haringey“ To the tune of the Tom Robinson Band’s sing if you’re glad to be gay.

And also a Dylanesque and wordy recounting of a racist incident in a game the other year against Yeovil.

Decent pint of Guinness served in the bar and overall just great to see two teams taking the FA Cup seriously and playing like it meant something to them. If I lived nearer I’d be a regular.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 23:16]
Anyone watching live non league football on 08:35 - Oct 29 with 1936 viewstoboboly

All fun and games at non-league level...

It gets better...

My league total so far;

Park View FC
Stansted FC
Buntingford Town FC
Horsham FC
Robertsbridge United FC
Wormley Rovers
Sawbridgeworth Town FC
Hanworth Villa
Bedfont Sports
Standon & Puckeridge FC
Ilford FC

If the tickets arrive on time it will be Maldon & Tiptree v the mighty K's on Saturday

Anyone watching live non league football on 11:47 - Oct 29 with 1909 viewsnightwish

After watching Barnsley v QPR on the internet i then switched to you tube to watch the last 40+ minutes of Hampton&Richmond v Eastbourne Borough.QPR have 2 loanees at Eastbourne and this is the 2nd time i have watched them.Eastbourne Borough love both players as they are doing well at the club.Now i admit this is alot lower than the championship but i have been impressed with Kai Innocent at left back.A bit of Ryan Manning about him as he likes to get forward and deliver crosses for i have got to say Eastbournes talented forwards.Lets hope he can move up several levels and be soon challenging for the left back position at QPR.Charlie Kendall our other player is a rather quick forward i shall see how he gets on over the next few weeks.Eastbourne Borough have Blackpool in the FA Cup so hopefully our loanees will play in that.Got to say great coverage by Hampton&Richmond on youtube
Anyone watching live non league football on 20:24 - May 22 with 1616 viewstoboboly

Went to Eastleigh v Boreham Wood today, generally dull until the last 10 mins when it suddenly got exciting and there was a last minute winner.

Can't remember who everyone rated from Boreham Wood previously but they were all bang average today.

Got Kings Lynn next Saturday.

Anyone watching live non league football on 22:33 - May 22 with 1507 viewsloftboy

Anyone watching live non league football on 20:24 - May 22 by toboboly

Went to Eastleigh v Boreham Wood today, generally dull until the last 10 mins when it suddenly got exciting and there was a last minute winner.

Can't remember who everyone rated from Boreham Wood previously but they were all bang average today.

Got Kings Lynn next Saturday.

Had borehamwood scored today I would have won £111 , they are now officially another team on my hate list!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Anyone watching live non league football on 23:23 - May 22 with 1477 viewsBoston

Anyone watching live non league football on 22:39 - Oct 22 by DannyPaddox

in the gardens of Tott’nam ...

Great night of Cup Football in the rain at the Coles Park Stadium, White Hart Lane the other week.

Haringey Borough 5 Bracknell Town 1
The game a lot closer than the scoreline suggests. Great standard of football on the all weather 3G pitch and highly competitive. The 5th goal for Borough an absolute pearler.

Superb atmosphere too amongst the 450 or so. The home fans have a large repertoire of songs of which the highlights were “Bus Stop In Tottenham, We’re Just a Bus Stop In Tottenham“

”Sing if you’re Haringey“ To the tune of the Tom Robinson Band’s sing if you’re glad to be gay.

And also a Dylanesque and wordy recounting of a racist incident in a game the other year against Yeovil.

Decent pint of Guinness served in the bar and overall just great to see two teams taking the FA Cup seriously and playing like it meant something to them. If I lived nearer I’d be a regular.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 23:16]

If you can get over early, they have a big car boot sale on the pitch. I went a couple of years ago, bought a trunk.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Anyone watching live non league football on 09:49 - May 23 with 1401 viewsessextaxiboy

Anyone watching live non league football on 20:16 - Oct 12 by Stanisgod

Did Bowers midweek 10 days ago, will probably the next midweek one. If they hit the ball out of the ground it almost reaches my garden.

You must be off Rectory Rd somewhere then .. spent many days and nights around there when I was on the taxi circuit ......
Anyone watching live non league football on 10:01 - May 23 with 1386 viewsstevec

Sutton get a point at home to Hartlepool today and they’re as good as up
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:45 - May 29 with 1246 viewstoboboly

Anyone watching live non league football on 22:33 - May 22 by loftboy

Had borehamwood scored today I would have won £111 , they are now officially another team on my hate list!!

Boreham wood are a horrible club.

On the way to Kings Lynn v Aldershot atm.
[Post edited 29 May 2021 11:09]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024