Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Amos 16:40 - Oct 18 with 12051 viewsPhildo

Sean Gallagher reporting his knee injury looks bad - poor kid
Luke Amos on 23:23 - Oct 18 with 3805 viewsnumptydumpty

Why in the report I read today said Amos was taken off as a precaution simply because of his previous troubles with his knee and this quote was attributed to Mark Warburton himself..

My bet is he be fine...

Aren't talksport otherwise known as talkshite - would not trust whats said on that radio station at all - its all about nonsense normally anyhow !!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Luke Amos on 07:29 - Oct 19 with 3553 viewsGloucs_R

On the plus side.... Thomas may get a run, I really like the look of him, or Chair may say least cover back into the middle.

Bad news for Amos is its true though. I wasn't that bothered when he signed but he's done well.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Luke Amos on 09:26 - Oct 19 with 3348 viewsPinnerPaul

Luke Amos on 22:45 - Oct 18 by daveB

the pitch had so much water on it yesterday players were slipping all over the place, the way he slipped and his knee went under him suggested it was a bad one.

Yes I noticed that Dave - you could actually see the water at times.

Wonder if they always water it like that or was it just for us!
Luke Amos on 11:13 - Oct 19 with 3171 viewsderbyhoop

Luke's performance on Saturday silenced a lot of critics.
We all saw evidence of why he was on the verge of getting into a top PL team.

I've been impressed with him this season, but he's never going to be a straight replacement for Eze, which is what some seem to be wishing for.

I hope the injury isn't serious.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Luke Amos on 11:19 - Oct 19 with 3136 viewssimmo

He had a really good game Saturday, especially first half, but his best work is still without the ball. He presses really well and puts pressure in the right areas, but even Saturday you saw the parts he is lacking to be an effective number 10.

Horses for courses though and in games like that with a dictating deep lying midfielder, he's a great option. Let's hope we get some good news on him soon.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Luke Amos on 11:20 - Oct 19 with 3129 viewsNorthernr

Luke Amos on 09:26 - Oct 19 by PinnerPaul

Yes I noticed that Dave - you could actually see the water at times.

Wonder if they always water it like that or was it just for us!

We said the same first half, water actually squelching out of the turf as passes rolled over it or people ran. Given that it's done nothing but fck it down with rain for three weeks I think somebody got a little OTT with the sprinkler system.
Luke Amos on 12:38 - Oct 19 with 2984 viewsMyke

Luke Amos on 11:20 - Oct 19 by Northernr

We said the same first half, water actually squelching out of the turf as passes rolled over it or people ran. Given that it's done nothing but fck it down with rain for three weeks I think somebody got a little OTT with the sprinkler system.

They might have forgotten they are no longer in the prem with all that slick passing that goes on up there!
Luke Amos on 13:35 - Oct 19 with 2794 viewsrsonist

Luke Amos on 11:19 - Oct 19 by simmo

He had a really good game Saturday, especially first half, but his best work is still without the ball. He presses really well and puts pressure in the right areas, but even Saturday you saw the parts he is lacking to be an effective number 10.

Horses for courses though and in games like that with a dictating deep lying midfielder, he's a great option. Let's hope we get some good news on him soon.

You could just as easily turn that round and point to games where we saw in our creative 10s the parts they were lacking to contribute to a effective press. Horses for courses as you say.
Login to get fewer ads

Luke Amos on 13:45 - Oct 19 with 2740 viewsLazyFan

For me he was the best player yesterday. He lead the high press, which allowed us to control the game away from home against one of the sides tipped for auto promo. He struck fear into their defence and was all over them.

I would have loved to have seen that game after game. Big loss if that is the case.

zzzzzzzzzz

Luke Amos on 13:49 - Oct 19 with 2700 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Luke Amos on 19:57 - Oct 18 by NorthantsHoop

Could be a meniscus tear, rather than an ACL, he seemed to jar the knee on the ground. If it is a meniscus problem, I had this injury when playing walking football recently and pulled up in a similar way to Luke. My injury was diagnosed through an MRI scan, takes about 6 to 8 weeks to heal on its own, can be longer if surgery is required. Let's hope it is not too serious, as he is starting to get his game together this season.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 19:58]

I did one of them too.

I had to complete the BUPA 10k 2 weeks after though, as £300 for pancreatic cancer was riding on it.

I could run forwards no probs but the slighted pressure turning aiiiiiii. Luckily I didn't have to turn and managed 56mins I think

Fingers crossed it is a meniscus.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Luke Amos on 19:09 - Oct 19 with 2266 viewsNorthantsHoop

Luke Amos on 13:49 - Oct 19 by Metallica_Hoop

I did one of them too.

I had to complete the BUPA 10k 2 weeks after though, as £300 for pancreatic cancer was riding on it.

I could run forwards no probs but the slighted pressure turning aiiiiiii. Luckily I didn't have to turn and managed 56mins I think

Fingers crossed it is a meniscus.

Metallica yes they are painful and twisting movement makes it worse. Impressed you were able to do a 10k run so soon. Hopefully Amos jarred the knee and it is not as bad as feared. Before the game far too much watering of the pitch, could actually see the ball skimming through the water in the 1st half.
Luke Amos on 19:19 - Oct 19 with 2208 viewsjoolsyp

Based on nothing other than a gut reaction (it's what often happens to our good midfielders) - I do think it's a serious one. Will be gutted if that's the case as he showed at Bournemouth what he's capable of.
Luke Amos on 19:20 - Oct 19 with 2198 viewsBoston

I was under the impression that the clubs would create a playing surface that suited them if possible. Y’know, grass high or low, wet or dry etc. From what I recall Bournemouth were supposed to be a fast paced slick passing outfit, obviously not judging by the pitch they presented.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Luke Amos on 19:46 - Oct 19 with 2110 viewsPhildo

Bugger

Bugger

Luke Amos on 19:57 - Oct 19 with 2053 viewsMickS

I really feel for Amos here - such awful bad luck. Balls.
Luke Amos on 19:58 - Oct 19 with 2041 viewsflynnbo

Really feel for him. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
Luke Amos on 19:58 - Oct 19 with 2039 viewsToast_R

FFS!
Luke Amos on 20:07 - Oct 19 with 1981 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thought his scan wasn't until tomorrow?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Luke Amos on 20:09 - Oct 19 with 1961 viewsBklynRanger

If true that is really depressing. Feel terrible for the lad.
Luke Amos on 20:10 - Oct 19 with 1956 viewsCamberleyR

Poor sod. Enough bad luck like Faurlin to get two ACLs in such a short space of time.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Luke Amos on 20:25 - Oct 19 with 1878 viewsFrankRightguard

Seems like it’s the other knee, which seems to happen a lot. Rowlands and Faurlin both had that happen.
Luke Amos on 20:32 - Oct 19 with 1839 viewsrsonist

Awful.

Some small comfort that our gesture to Rangel will likely lead to him now playing an important role for us supporting the lad through it.
Luke Amos on 20:52 - Oct 19 with 1724 viewsGloucs_R

What was the serious injury he had before he joined us on loan?

Luke Amos on 21:04 - Oct 19 with 1662 viewsFrankRightguard

Luke Amos on 20:52 - Oct 19 by Gloucs_R

What was the serious injury he had before he joined us on loan?

ACL in the other knee
Luke Amos on 21:07 - Oct 19 with 1647 viewsGloucs_R

Luke Amos on 21:04 - Oct 19 by FrankRightguard

ACL in the other knee

Dam.

Does anyone know if that's a natural weakness or just really bad luck?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024