Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Amos 16:40 - Oct 18 with 12099 viewsPhildo

Sean Gallagher reporting his knee injury looks bad - poor kid
Luke Amos on 21:17 - Oct 19 with 2791 viewsDejR_vu

This is going to be very tough for him, if true. He’s barely an adult and he’s already had to come back from a bad injury once. I would imagine it takes a hell of a lot of guts and mental strength to do it once, let alone twice. The only silver lining is that the medical team seem to be held in very high regard and the club has gone out of its way to look after players recently so he couldn’t be in a better place. I hope he gets back ASAP and comes back all the stronger for it.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Luke Amos on 21:21 - Oct 19 with 2765 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Luke Amos on 21:07 - Oct 19 by Gloucs_R

Dam.

Does anyone know if that's a natural weakness or just really bad luck?

Last studies I read said there was (at that time) no science to suggest a predisposition or hereditary link. So, bad luck.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Luke Amos on 21:29 - Oct 19 with 2725 viewsderbyhoop

Luke Amos on 21:17 - Oct 19 by DejR_vu

This is going to be very tough for him, if true. He’s barely an adult and he’s already had to come back from a bad injury once. I would imagine it takes a hell of a lot of guts and mental strength to do it once, let alone twice. The only silver lining is that the medical team seem to be held in very high regard and the club has gone out of its way to look after players recently so he couldn’t be in a better place. I hope he gets back ASAP and comes back all the stronger for it.

The physical recovery is hard enough, but it's the mental side that is the really serious test. Going into a gym to build up strength while all your mates are out on the field.

Good luck, Luke and speedy recovery.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Luke Amos on 21:31 - Oct 19 with 2704 viewsdaveB

Dam.

must be bad luck as it's his other knee.
Luke Amos on 21:34 - Oct 19 with 2690 viewsDavieQPR

Luke Amos on 20:07 - Oct 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Thought his scan wasn't until tomorrow?

Quite easy to tell if it is an ACL injury. The scan will tell if it is a Grade 1, 2 or 3. Usual time out is 4 months for a Grade 1 to 12 months for a Grade 3.
Bournemouth over watered their pitch as this suits a fast, short passing , tic tac sort of team but this is well known to produce ankle and knee injuries.
Luke Amos on 21:36 - Oct 19 with 2683 viewsGloucs_R

Luke Amos on 21:31 - Oct 19 by daveB

Yeah, I meant can you suffer from weak ACLs.

Thanks Brian.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Luke Amos on 21:44 - Oct 19 with 2648 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Luke Amos on 21:34 - Oct 19 by DavieQPR

Quite easy to tell if it is an ACL injury. The scan will tell if it is a Grade 1, 2 or 3. Usual time out is 4 months for a Grade 1 to 12 months for a Grade 3.
Bournemouth over watered their pitch as this suits a fast, short passing , tic tac sort of team but this is well known to produce ankle and knee injuries.

I think - at least in my experience, for what that's worth - that it's really easy to be 80-90% sure, but impossible to know 100% without a scan.

Luke Amos on 22:09 - Oct 19 with 2527 viewsSuperhoop83

Terrible news.

Just as he gets credit for what he can do as well.

Here's to a full and speedy recovery.

Suffering since 1978.

Login to get fewer ads

Luke Amos on 23:10 - Oct 19 with 2359 viewsbosh67

Dreadful news for him. First game I'd seen him play in up to that moment and thinking, okay, this is what this kid is all about. He's arrived. Hope we can help him through this mentally as well as physically.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Luke Amos on 23:14 - Oct 19 with 2346 viewsAntti_Heinola

Luke Amos on 21:31 - Oct 19 by daveB

Think that's reasonably common - same happened to Ale Faurlin. Stress goes on the other knee because of the first injury.

Poor guy. What a blow.

Bare bones.

Luke Amos on 23:15 - Oct 19 with 2345 viewsnix

Really feel for him. Terrible luck. We know the club is really good at supporting players with injuries. Hopefully Rangel is still around doing his rehab to give him some support.
Luke Amos on 23:19 - Oct 19 with 2335 viewsloftboy

Terrible luck for him. Let’s hope he makes a full recovery.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Luke Amos on 23:37 - Oct 19 with 2290 viewsdavman

Understandably, he has said recently just how hard it was to come back from the ACL first time round. This one may be even harder to come back from. He'll need loads and loads of positivity around him; this will not be easy.

I have found it really hard since my knee issues led to a double High Tibial Osteotomy which stopped me running or playing football and I was 46 at the time, but I'd played my fair share and it wasn't a career for me. I would be devastated at his age.

He played so well on Saturday too!

The curse of QParrrrgh!!!!

Get well soon, Luke

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Luke Amos on 09:50 - Oct 20 with 1883 viewsrobith

Dog sh!t news
Luke Amos on 12:58 - Oct 20 with 1624 viewsNorthantsHoop

Such sad news, he had made a great choice in joining Rangers on a permanent basis, and was starting to get his game and confidence together. All best wishes to him with his recovery from this injury.
Luke Amos on 13:36 - Oct 20 with 1524 viewsonlyrinmoray

Out for he rest of the season says the Official site What luck soory Luke
Luke Amos on 13:38 - Oct 20 with 1515 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/luke-amos-to-undergo-knee-surgery-201020/

Poo.

Luke Amos on 14:02 - Oct 20 with 1416 viewsSimonJames

Dreadful news! I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Luke Amos on 14:09 - Oct 20 with 1377 viewsDorse

Big shame for Luke and the team. After getting a full season under his belt last year, this looked like it was his opportunity to push on.

I know it sounds trite, but he has successfully recovered from such a set-back before. This is something he has already proven he can beat and I hope he can do it again.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Luke Amos on 14:36 - Oct 20 with 1300 viewsfrancisbowles

Reminds me a bit of Vargas. He had struggled for game time in and out of the side, not spectacularly impressive and then just as he is having his best game for us he breaks his leg in the 4-1 at the Hawthorns.

Best of luck Luke hope to see you back in the side in 2021.
Luke Amos on 15:28 - Oct 20 with 1215 viewsbosh67

On the bright side Luke's got a year off the likes of us having a go at him.

As above the really sad thing is that he played like the player obviously MW knows he is against Bournemouth. Absolutely bossed it until the injury.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Luke Amos on 19:06 - Oct 21 with 848 viewsTacticalR

Dam.

'It's also not simply bad luck to have more than one ACL injury. Having had a previous ACL tear is a risk factor for future ACL injuries: 'if you've torn your ACL before, you are at a higher risk of tearing it again, or of injuring the other knee.''

There's a detailed review of surgeon Robert Marx's book on ACL injuries here:
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/95706/the-acl-sol

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024