Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congestion Charge Zone extension 09:33 - Oct 19 with 11307 viewsGloryHunter

If you live within the North / South Circular Roads, you might soon find yourself inside the Congestion Charge Zone. With NO residents' discount. So £15 a day to drive anywhere.

https://www.change.org/p/petition-the-extension-of-congestion-charge?redirect=fa
[Post edited 23 Oct 2020 12:30]
Congestion Charge Zone extension on 12:54 - Oct 19 with 2200 viewsNW5Hoop

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 11:06 - Oct 19 by Paddyhoops

Not surprised. Sadiq Khan is desperately trying to claw back the money that TFL are hemorrhaging.
I'm all for a cngestion zone and limiting traffic in Central London however as someone who HAS to travel into Central London with materials and plant, I dont have a choice.
The motorist are basically being sqeezed off the road by bus lanes, bicycle lanes and extended footpaths.
I've got news for Mr Khan. They're are little or no cyclists or pedestrians in London anymore. Apparently due to some pandemic called covid.
Try travelling from western Avenue to King's Cross.
Limited motorist lanes have made an already congested area an absolute nightmare.
Try travelling up the Finchley Road through Swiss cottage . A two mile journey has been extended by at least a half an hour. God help any one living in that area who have to put up with the fumes of sedentary traffic.
How is this helping the environment?
He really is a useless mayor and that takes some doing seeing who he inherited the job from!!

This needs to be corrected. The idea is NOTHING TO DO with Sadiq Khan. It comes entirely from central government. Khan knows it is a ridiculous idea and has said so. It's all a matter of public record. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/oct/16/london-congestion-charge-zone-cl

It's another of those things Khan gets blamed for that isn't his fault. Like Hammersmith Bridge. I was told the reason that's such a disaster is the arguments over who pays for it — the borough (which controls the bridge) or the Department of Transport (which controls the A road that crosses the bridge). The council say: the A-road traffic damaged the bridge so therefore it's a road repair; DoT say: it's your bridge. It's certainly not Sadiq Khan's fault, though.
Congestion Charge Zone extension on 13:07 - Oct 19 with 2166 viewsDannytheR

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 12:34 - Oct 19 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Power went to Khan's head thought he could take on the Tories thinking Labour were going to win the GE and was against Brexit.

Boosting how he was going to build a load of houses been slagging off the tories and Boris for years.

Goes cap in hand and we all get kicked in the bollocks.

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 13:33 - Oct 19 with 2084 viewsPaddyhoops

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 12:53 - Oct 19 by GloryHunter

This is absolutely not Sadiq Kahn's doing. See my post above timed at 1052.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your hatred.

Has anyone on this thread said they hate Sadiq Khan?
I certainly haven't . I don't hate anyone but I and others are entitled to an opinion.
Boris Johnson and Trump are incompetent beyond belief and dangerous but if anything,I find them mildly amusing!!
Congestion Charge Zone extension on 13:38 - Oct 19 with 2042 views2Thomas2Bowles

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 13:07 - Oct 19 by DannytheR

You ok Danny, looking a bit sick mate, have a laydown.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 13:42 - Oct 19 with 2048 viewsCliff

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 13:33 - Oct 19 by Paddyhoops

Has anyone on this thread said they hate Sadiq Khan?
I certainly haven't . I don't hate anyone but I and others are entitled to an opinion.
Boris Johnson and Trump are incompetent beyond belief and dangerous but if anything,I find them mildly amusing!!

You might need to reread some of the posts!

I'm really pissed off about this I live about 10 yards into the new proposed zone, plus I see they want to scrap free travel for us old gits - I've only just got my pass
Congestion Charge Zone extension on 13:54 - Oct 19 with 2008 viewsR_from_afar

Full disclosure: I don't live in London, but I know that poor air quality results in 40,000 premature deaths in the UK annually. I also know air quality in some parts of London - and elsewhere in the UK - is at dangerous levels. The death of a young girl who lived near the North Circular was directly linked to pollution levels.

That said, those are some pretty hefty additional costs for Londoners to bear.

For those who have or plan to buy an electric vehicle, there are free to use charging points out there. Quite a few of the PodPoint chargers, especially those at Tesco stores, are totally free. I did a short shop at a Tesco in Princes Risborough at the weekend, half way through a journey, and got 20 miles of range for nothing. Very handy. There may be other networks which have the free to use chargers. All you need to use the PodPoint network is the app, a password, and your charging cable.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 13:58 - Oct 19 with 2001 viewsSnipper

This is a column in The Telegraph, which acts as a boot boy for the Tories. Read the last two paragraphs. It puts Khan in a good light compared to that useless bastard Johnson and his vanity projects.

https://imgflip.com/i/4j11r3"> src="
Congestion Charge Zone extension on 14:03 - Oct 19 with 1987 viewsLblock

Sadiq Khan is bloody useless.... him and Andy Burnham are just playing politics all the time.

I'd prefer the Mayors of large City's to be completely non politically aligned - look after your City folk and not your mates and their expenses!

If only there was a Transfer Window for politicians -- I'd lump every penny we had in the transfer kitty to get Jacinda Aherne on board. Goes about her business as a credit to herself and NZ.

However I still I'm in the "all politics is bollox guv" camp these days

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 14:54 - Oct 19 with 1900 viewsGloryHunter

It would be in all our interests to sign the petition, and get our mates to sign it as well. This will affect supporters who travel in to all the London clubs, as well as everyone who lives in London.
Congestion Charge Zone extension on 14:55 - Oct 19 with 1893 viewsstowmarketrange

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 11:28 - Oct 19 by Maggsinho

It's been changed, now it's 0700-2200 every day, weekends included except Christmas Day.

I guess they weren’t catching enough people so they extended it to 10pm.
Congestion Charge Zone extension on 15:15 - Oct 19 with 1864 viewsHayesender

I put my house in Shepherd's Bush on the market a couple of weeks ago. Looks like I couldn't have timed it better

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 15:20 - Oct 19 with 1853 viewsNov77

don't forget Khan (and his predecessor)and TFL were the ones who put an extra 50,000 minicabs on London's roads and allowed them to illegally ply for hire. instead of being parked up outside local mincab offices and waiting for jobs to be allocated to them, they are now cruising empty around central London using their phones to solicit work directly from passengers (which has always been against the law).
at the same time they have removed road capacity, Park Lane was three lanes with a 40 mph speed limit, now reduced to 1 lane with a 20 mph limit. they are about to do the same to Regent street making it impossible for emergency service vehicles to get past the multiple buses that will block the road every time they stop to pick people up.

It is an anti car agenda, nothing more, nothing less, and it gives no thought to the knock on effects and consequences to those affected by it.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 15:36]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 15:34 - Oct 19 with 1819 viewsLblock

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 15:15 - Oct 19 by Hayesender

I put my house in Shepherd's Bush on the market a couple of weeks ago. Looks like I couldn't have timed it better

Good luck.

We've knocked back a house we were looking at locally because the geniuses at Ealing Council put some LTN bollox at the cross section of three roads meaning the road we were looking at became the siphon and meant you were more landlocked than Luxembourg.
Told the Agent and the slippery bstard said "yes a few people ahve said that... these LTN's are already effecting the market"

The other C word is a big enough drain on the economy but chuck in these other factors and we are just grinding to a halt.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 15:48 - Oct 19 with 1796 viewsdanehoop

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 14:03 - Oct 19 by Lblock

Sadiq Khan is bloody useless.... him and Andy Burnham are just playing politics all the time.

I'd prefer the Mayors of large City's to be completely non politically aligned - look after your City folk and not your mates and their expenses!

If only there was a Transfer Window for politicians -- I'd lump every penny we had in the transfer kitty to get Jacinda Aherne on board. Goes about her business as a credit to herself and NZ.

However I still I'm in the "all politics is bollox guv" camp these days

You know that Jacinta Arden is from the NZ Labour Party and her policies are all largely similar to those of the people you have just accused of being useless?

Never knowingly understood

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 16:11 - Oct 19 with 1752 viewsPaddyhoops

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 12:54 - Oct 19 by NW5Hoop

This needs to be corrected. The idea is NOTHING TO DO with Sadiq Khan. It comes entirely from central government. Khan knows it is a ridiculous idea and has said so. It's all a matter of public record. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/oct/16/london-congestion-charge-zone-cl

It's another of those things Khan gets blamed for that isn't his fault. Like Hammersmith Bridge. I was told the reason that's such a disaster is the arguments over who pays for it — the borough (which controls the bridge) or the Department of Transport (which controls the A road that crosses the bridge). The council say: the A-road traffic damaged the bridge so therefore it's a road repair; DoT say: it's your bridge. It's certainly not Sadiq Khan's fault, though.

I've read the article and if it is indeed right I stand corrected. I take it sadiq Khan will fight this all the way and I for one certainly hope he does. People are struggling enough as it is without this been focused on them.
Congestion Charge Zone extension on 16:44 - Oct 19 with 1702 viewsMrSheen

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 16:11 - Oct 19 by Paddyhoops

I've read the article and if it is indeed right I stand corrected. I take it sadiq Khan will fight this all the way and I for one certainly hope he does. People are struggling enough as it is without this been focused on them.

He still wants the £2bn, he just wants the future to pay it.
Congestion Charge Zone extension on 16:56 - Oct 19 with 1676 viewscolinallcars

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 12:34 - Oct 19 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Power went to Khan's head thought he could take on the Tories thinking Labour were going to win the GE and was against Brexit.

Boosting how he was going to build a load of houses been slagging off the tories and Boris for years.

Goes cap in hand and we all get kicked in the bollocks.

I think you'll find this plan comes from central government.
Congestion Charge Zone extension on 17:05 - Oct 19 with 1648 views2Thomas2Bowles

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 16:56 - Oct 19 by colinallcars

I think you'll find this plan comes from central government.

Nevvvverrrrrr

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 17:20 - Oct 19 with 1632 viewsCliff

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 16:44 - Oct 19 by MrSheen

He still wants the £2bn, he just wants the future to pay it.

and what is your plan for funding it from the present? - if only a tenth of the people are using the tube in lockdown they each pay 10 time as much?
Congestion Charge Zone extension on 18:02 - Oct 19 with 1564 viewslondonscottish

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 15:34 - Oct 19 by Lblock

Good luck.

We've knocked back a house we were looking at locally because the geniuses at Ealing Council put some LTN bollox at the cross section of three roads meaning the road we were looking at became the siphon and meant you were more landlocked than Luxembourg.
Told the Agent and the slippery bstard said "yes a few people ahve said that... these LTN's are already effecting the market"

The other C word is a big enough drain on the economy but chuck in these other factors and we are just grinding to a halt.

These LTN's are nuts.

They've put one in place near me in Cricklewood. I regularly drive from where I am in Willesden to Wickes & B&Q in Cricklewood, up to Staples Corner for Toolstation, Curry's, Decathalon, Brent Cross, etc or up to Edgware for Lawsons. I also go that way to get on the M1 or north circular.

Well I won't be doing any of that very soon as all the traffic that was dispersed across 4 or 5 roads is being channeled up Chichelle Rd and it takes 30mins to get through the lights in rush hour.

It's insane.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 18:03 - Oct 19 with 1562 viewsJuzzie

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 17:20 - Oct 19 by Cliff

and what is your plan for funding it from the present? - if only a tenth of the people are using the tube in lockdown they each pay 10 time as much?

ah yes, Flavio Briatore's school of economics.
Congestion Charge Zone extension on 18:37 - Oct 19 with 1510 viewsHayesender

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 15:34 - Oct 19 by Lblock

Good luck.

I work in west ealing, and these ltns are just madness. An ambulance got stuck by the Forrester pub a few weeks ago, with the paramedics having to leave the ambulance and walk to the call with all their gear.

Luckily it wasn't life threatening, but it's only a matter of time.

Still, I'm sure that smug cnt Julian Bell will call it a resounding success

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 19:21 - Oct 19 with 1456 viewsGloryHunter

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 13:54 - Oct 19 by R_from_afar

Full disclosure: I don't live in London, but I know that poor air quality results in 40,000 premature deaths in the UK annually. I also know air quality in some parts of London - and elsewhere in the UK - is at dangerous levels. The death of a young girl who lived near the North Circular was directly linked to pollution levels.

That said, those are some pretty hefty additional costs for Londoners to bear.

For those who have or plan to buy an electric vehicle, there are free to use charging points out there. Quite a few of the PodPoint chargers, especially those at Tesco stores, are totally free. I did a short shop at a Tesco in Princes Risborough at the weekend, half way through a journey, and got 20 miles of range for nothing. Very handy. There may be other networks which have the free to use chargers. All you need to use the PodPoint network is the app, a password, and your charging cable.

"The death of a young girl who lived near the North Circular was directly linked to pollution levels."

I suspect you might be thinking of Ella Kissi-Debrah, who actually lived on the South Circular Road in Catford, at the junction with my street. Her mother Rosamund has become a vociferous local campaigner against traffic pollution. Unfortunately, in June a LTN was imposed on our NEIGHBOURING area of Lee Green, which has forced the traffic away from there and into our streets, which have become rat runs, and reduced the South Circular to a permanent jam. Poor Rosamund is doing her nut, and is now worried about her sons, who are displaying the same respiratory symptoms that killed their sister.

Meanwhile, people inside the Lee Green LTN are posting pictures on Facebook of their kids playing happily in their now empty streets (soon to have fewer shops and cafes, too, as passing trade has all but disappeared).

Locally, it is being viewed as a bit of a race thing, too, as the LTN area is more expensive middle class housing - largely white - whilst people who live on the cheaper South Circular are predominantly non-white. I'm sure that wasn't the intention, but it shows the lack of understanding behind the planning. The Mayor of Lewisham has said, "The current measures are not working as expected". Meaning that they thought that if they closed off a few rat runs, then the traffic would simply evaporate.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 19:24]
Congestion Charge Zone extension on 19:29 - Oct 19 with 1444 viewsenfieldargh

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 11:40 - Oct 19 by PlanetHonneywood

When will this end?

The M25 probably!

No pulling off your driveway/parking space

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 20:28 - Oct 19 with 1396 viewsNov77

Congestion Charge Zone extension on 19:21 - Oct 19 by GloryHunter

"The death of a young girl who lived near the North Circular was directly linked to pollution levels."

I suspect you might be thinking of Ella Kissi-Debrah, who actually lived on the South Circular Road in Catford, at the junction with my street. Her mother Rosamund has become a vociferous local campaigner against traffic pollution. Unfortunately, in June a LTN was imposed on our NEIGHBOURING area of Lee Green, which has forced the traffic away from there and into our streets, which have become rat runs, and reduced the South Circular to a permanent jam. Poor Rosamund is doing her nut, and is now worried about her sons, who are displaying the same respiratory symptoms that killed their sister.

Meanwhile, people inside the Lee Green LTN are posting pictures on Facebook of their kids playing happily in their now empty streets (soon to have fewer shops and cafes, too, as passing trade has all but disappeared).

Locally, it is being viewed as a bit of a race thing, too, as the LTN area is more expensive middle class housing - largely white - whilst people who live on the cheaper South Circular are predominantly non-white. I'm sure that wasn't the intention, but it shows the lack of understanding behind the planning. The Mayor of Lewisham has said, "The current measures are not working as expected". Meaning that they thought that if they closed off a few rat runs, then the traffic would simply evaporate.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 19:24]

Someone asked under freedom of information how many of the local councillors who implemented LTN’s lived on the streets that they have closed off, and they found that a quarter of them do!

I propose the following: ask the people who live on these streets if they want them closed, if they say yes, then make it clear to them that as no else will be able to drive down their road, then they will not be allowed to drive down anyone else’s road. That is fair, and no doubt would be the end of these LTN’s.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024