Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Its the PNE match thread 13:26 - Oct 21 with 23704 viewsPinnerPaul

Its raining, a bit bored so here it is - the early match thread.

2-1 Rangers and I'll try to spend the match actually watching the game and not searching the crowd for my Mum's 'Crowdie'!
Its the PNE match thread on 22:28 - Oct 21 with 1253 viewsWestonsuperR

Its the PNE match thread on 21:48 - Oct 21 by PinnerPaul

You've made Clive look like a prophet - well half of one - he said there would be people after MW if we didn't win tonight or Saturday - you've gone early - a manager every 6 games is the answer you think?

Agreed. So disappointing to see criticism aimed at the Manager, the financial position and general difficulties we current face are so well documented it isn’t worth repeating, worth considering also that just 4 days ago we put in a very good performance. Would be nice to see a bit of balance this season without complete overreactions to results.
Its the PNE match thread on 22:29 - Oct 21 with 1247 viewsessextaxiboy

Its the PNE match thread on 22:09 - Oct 21 by 2Thomas2Bowles

decent football
Ubar are great too

I semi retired in March , I deliver prescription to terrifed old folk 2 days s week ..

Decent passing football, not always winning football I didnt claim that .
Its the PNE match thread on 22:32 - Oct 21 with 1223 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Its the PNE match thread on 22:26 - Oct 21 by essextaxiboy

Yes . As I have said elswhere ..decent passng football , not winning football at yhe moment I grant you but it wasonly Saturday when when everyone was surprised woth how we took on Bournmouth .. i
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 22:34]

We looked a bit Swansea City on a bad day tonight for me with our passing.

Defensively, on the whole I thought we were ok but not sure if that was down to pne scoring fairly early.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Its the PNE match thread on 22:33 - Oct 21 with 1217 viewsaston_hoop

Not as bad as the doomsayers say, not as good as Saturday. Classic shite championship game. It'll be the same on Saturday, and Tuesday, and Saturday again. Every now and then we'll win one out of nowhere and have a great night, thats supporting QPR now

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Its the PNE match thread on 22:36 - Oct 21 with 1194 viewsessextaxiboy

Its the PNE match thread on 22:32 - Oct 21 by CliveWilsonSaid

We looked a bit Swansea City on a bad day tonight for me with our passing.

Defensively, on the whole I thought we were ok but not sure if that was down to pne scoring fairly early.

We have allowed something like 12 shots at goal all season
Its the PNE match thread on 22:45 - Oct 21 with 1132 viewsLblock

Its the PNE match thread on 22:36 - Oct 21 by essextaxiboy

We have allowed something like 12 shots at goal all season

And conceded from 50%!of them!!!

You find me a silver lining and I’ll show you a cloud!!!

Having polished off my last drink and reflecting...... the performance against Bournemouth gives me hope and I’ll cling on to that. Proves me wrong that one and we DO have battle and bollox

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Its the PNE match thread on 22:48 - Oct 21 with 1125 viewsHooparoo

I thought at kick off that it was a mistake to start the same team again (apart from one forced change) but when it’s obviously not working why don’t we change it? Warbs has been crapping on about too many games blah, blah, blah so we need a big squad but then doesn’t use them. All that lovely passing ended in no shots on goal. Farcical.

Mid table nowhere, here we come. 😬

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Its the PNE match thread on 23:06 - Oct 21 with 1068 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

@ Lblock "You find me a silver lining and I’ll show you a cloud"

We know. We know.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Its the PNE match thread on 23:13 - Oct 21 with 1050 viewsbosh67

Saturday starting 11?

Dieng

Kakay Dickie Barbet Niko

Albert Ball Carroll BOS

Dykes Bonne

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Its the PNE match thread on 23:19 - Oct 21 with 1026 viewsBoston

Its the PNE match thread on 23:13 - Oct 21 by bosh67

Saturday starting 11?

Dieng

Kakay Dickie Barbet Niko

Albert Ball Carroll BOS

Dykes Bonne

Yes, but even starting eleven up....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Its the PNE match thread on 08:53 - Oct 22 with 763 viewsR_from_afar

Its the PNE match thread on 22:28 - Oct 21 by WestonsuperR

Agreed. So disappointing to see criticism aimed at the Manager, the financial position and general difficulties we current face are so well documented it isn’t worth repeating, worth considering also that just 4 days ago we put in a very good performance. Would be nice to see a bit of balance this season without complete overreactions to results.

"Would be nice to see a bit of balance this season without complete overreactions to results".

Good luck with that!

I totally agree with you, by the way.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Its the PNE match thread on 09:35 - Oct 22 with 696 viewsHunterhoop

I don’t think many people have gone over the top with negatives, to be fair.

For all Bournemouth was good, this was bad. And we haven’t won and lost, we’ve drawn and lost.

I think everyone accepts we’ll have good days and bad days, and I’d like to think we’re going in the right direction on the pitch (we certainly are off it). However, last night was a result brought on by ourselves, quite literally with the concession of two penalties, but also by a Warbs selection and us completely playing into Preston’s hands by going very direct to just Bonne against a physical team skilled in shithousery. Preston drew 14 fouls from us. We had 9 from them. And that was with them only having 43% possession. It was peak Preston, and the key is not giving the ball away cheaply to prevent them controlling the game with shithousery. Yet, we kept giving it away cheaply like we thought the best way to beat them was go direct. It was bewildering. And when they do have it, stay in your feet and stand them up; we gave two soft, obvious pens away by dangling legs out. Naive doesn’t do it justice.

And on top of that, Warbs left it late to change things.

Bournemouth we looked excellent and played some lovely stuff. It was a nice surprise to out play them, but note that we did not actually win.

The Preston performance was achingly frustrating because it was so avoidable. Preston did nothing we shouldn’t have known about. But we played right into their trap, time after time. I’ll be amazed if they’re top half, so it’s a poor result.

Balance is reflecting and acknowledging good and bad appropriately. I think most are.
Its the PNE match thread on 00:19 - Oct 23 with 522 viewsqprcmob

Its the PNE match thread on 21:25 - Oct 21 by Dixie_CT

3 ‘shots’ after 80 minutes. Those shots were Wallace, Kakay and Barbet and all over the bar. Not about taking the chances tonight.

Tippy, tappy with no guts and two very stoppable goals.

Worst display of the season so far

Three defenders, says it all
Its the PNE match thread on 00:26 - Oct 23 with 518 viewsqprcmob

you're not
Its the PNE match thread on 00:31 - Oct 23 with 516 viewsqprcmob

yes, well done mate, medal's in the post
Its the PNE match thread on 00:33 - Oct 23 with 515 viewsqprcmob

Its the PNE match thread on 21:47 - Oct 21 by Hunterhoop

Yep.

Adomah has to start on Sat. Surely?!
Cameron needs to be rested.
Dykes in for Bonne ASAP.